Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

First blood work numbers are in. Feedback please!

<< < (3/3)

tinydaniell:
indy another thing that you might want to do is to get a copy of all blood work ask if he did a geno or pheno test that way he knows what drugs study up and go to www.rxppa.com to see if you can gat some assistance on the drugs

tinydaniell:
sorry its www.pparx.org

PJC0510:
My first results (April 15, 2006)  were TCells 130 and the VL around 9000...My doctor who is gay also, put me on Truvada and Kaltera, which I am still on.

My last results (Jan 7, 2007) were Tcells 379 and the VL undetectable.

I left it in my Doctors hands also and it is working out with the numbers.

I went through the beginning side effects of the meds, and do not want to go through any of that again.  As long as the currents meds keep doing what they should be, I will not change.

Good Luck!  Keep us informed of how everything is going!

Peace, Love and Happiness!

Fosbery:

Hey everyone,

I'm curious about something, my numbers are pretty much where Indy's are, and his ID doctor wants to start him on meds at 350, I have one if not the top ID doctor in my area and he's been my doctor for around 15 years. He told me that the magic number to start me on meds is 300, is this something that changes doctor to doctor or by whom ? I have only known about this about a year now and still so confused by all the medical terminology and do's and don't's. I'm going to Europe for 6 weeks in September and I would rather not have to worry about meds at that time. Does anyone know if it is better to start at 350 or 300 ?  I'm going for my 3 month test on April 9, I hope it goes up some but it seems that everytime I'm tested my CD4 goes down by about 20. Any feed back on this. I know how Indy feels, I also know I would like to go as long as I can without being on meds. But if I have to go on them for my sake earlier I most certainly would.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version