Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:57:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773182
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 466
Total: 467

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Girls - I need your help - I just found I am pregnent  (Read 16849 times)

Offline panda

Girls - I need your help - I just found I am pregnent
« on: September 13, 2008, 09:52:03 am »
But I am not too happy.. My eyes has this yelow color , I guess its cause of the liver , all this hormons and now the pregnancy... I read that Silybum Marianum  it doing great to the liver - can u please tell if its ok to take ? you know the doctors... they dont realy belive these things....

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Girls - I need your help - I just found I am pregnent
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:36:07 am »
Panda, I've never heard of that supplement you're talking about, but I personally wouldn't take it if the doc said "no."  Have you discussed the concern about the yellowing in your eyes with your doctor?  That's where I would start.  So, you're not happy about being pregnant, or just about the yellowing?  I'm not sure which way to go-congrats or sorry.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 11:01:49 am »
Silybum Marianum = milk thistle

panda, i wouldn't recommend this. we just don't have enough information about how safe it is for use during pregnancy. its usefulness with regards to liver health is questionable anyway - some people it seems to help a bit, others it does nothing.

if you are worried about your liver function, or you have any symptoms which are worrying you, talk to your dr to investigate further

congratulations, etc to you and your partner - i know you've been trying to conceive for quite some time now

kate

Offline panda

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 02:03:08 pm »
Thanks dear, ofcourse I am happy with the pregnency. We have waited so long... but I am so worry about the yellow eyes that I can;'t be happy  ???
In the past, when ever I started t have this collor i would drink wheat grass and it goes away immediately but now... So Anyway , tomorrow I will take some blood tests again and see what's happening,,,

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 02:52:39 pm »
Congratulations on the pregnancy!!!  That is wonderful news.  I don't know what to say about the yellowing, but I hope you are o.k.
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 07:01:15 pm »
Congratulations, Panda!!!!

Are you on any meds currently, that would make your eyes yellow?
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 03:47:04 pm »
Well Panda, congratulations.  Let us know what you find out concerning the yellowing.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

tendai

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 02:47:40 am »
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE PREGNANCY PANDA!!! WOO HOO!!

Offline srmn98

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 11:13:33 am »
Hi Panda,

Congrats on your pregnancy !!

I am pregnant as well, I am 17 weeks along -- so if you have any questions for somebody going through pregnancy with HIV at the same time, feel free to email me.

Are you on medication yet ? As you probably know, keeping your HIV in control with the medications that are considered safe for pregnancy will keep your chances of transmission very low -- some say less than 1%.

As for the supplements, there just are not enough studies to know whether Milk Thistle is safe during pregnancy. I would take the advice of your doctor. My doctor has me on a pre-natal vitamin, folic acid, calcium, and iron/vitamin C. Your doctor will let you know what is best for you !

I found this site really helpful for non-HIV pregnancy questions:

http://babycenter.com

Congratulations !

Sara

bleueyes

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 10:10:12 pm »
I would just do as the doctors tell you to do.  
I have a ten year-old who is HIV negative and I have been positive for thirteen years now.  "I can not" say it is a good idea to have a child when you are infected with any illness, but I did as I was told and never questioned any other remedies out there.  
If I had my child in 1998 imagine what the doctors now have knowledge of!  
As for the yellowing of the eyes; that I can not give advice on.  Ask your doctor.  You should also look up side effects of your medications, multiple medication'side effects, or symptoms of your condition online.  Then after you take notes, share what you found with the doctor.
My husband had yellowing of the eyes, he has AIDs, and it was from the rayataz medication.  Jondis I believe is what the doctor said it was, something to do with the liver.  The belirubin count goes up, meaning the liver is slowing down.  Which produces yellowing in the skin and eyes. You may need to go to the doctor and ask him to do a belirubin count which is done through a blood draw.  

tendai

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 11:06:10 am »
sara oh my gosh, i didnt know u were pregnant.  must have missed it somewhere.. girl congratulations!

Offline franfrog

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 12:38:54 pm »
Congratulations. 

Hope all goes well.
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline catwoman

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 12:19:25 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Congratulations!!!!  I'll be happy to try to answer any questions you have. My daughter is only 8 weeks old.  Don't take the milk thistle.  You're really not supposed to take any herbs while pregnant.

Offline panda

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 11:48:25 am »
well thank you so much girls . we found out the the reyataz can cause this , my dr. switched the kaletra to reyataz+norvir , he said these has much less lipo symptoms and since I seriously suffer from the lipo he thought it will be good for me, he said I can go back to the kaletra anytime i want, I was surprised with his reaction to the bilirubin (the reason for the yelow color), in the lab results it says the top should be 1.9 and mine was 3.5 !!My hiv dr. said he checked with the drug's compay how approved that this may be the reason for the high bilirubin but at the same time they told him it is ok untill 5 !!can u beleive this ? Obviously they have interest...they give me this medication for free "compassion treatment" and I know they dont give me this medication cause they realy have compassion on me..as long as it serve their interst they will continue to give it to me - but I have to think o my own interst , so anyway, I checked all over the internet and found that drinking every morning on empty stomach 1 spoon of olive oil+ 1/3 cup of fresh lemon is doing great to the liver and drinking lot of carrot juice (at least 1-2 cups per day) is also helping , so this is what I do now and on wed. I took another blood test so I hope the bilirubin went lower now cause I read the the reyataz+norvir is realy much more lipo friendly then the kaletra and also my tryglic. went real down since I stopped with the Kaletra and this is realy important, right ?
So I am now on week #5 +3days... trying not to think about it so much... remember last time when I misscarriage on week9 ...
Please keep your fingers crossed for me and prey for me I will be able to make it this time.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 12:15:09 pm »
Hi Panda,

My fingers are well and truly crossed!

The yellowing effect of Reyataz is a well-known, temporary side-effect. It should clear up for you soon.

Have you read the Reyataz Lesson? The very first bullet point under the side-effect section says this:

Reyataz can increase levels of bilirubin, a pigment found in the liver. Increased bilirubin can cause the skin, nails, and the whites of the eyes to appear yellowish-brown. Increased bilirubin can also be a sign of liver damage. However, in people who have taken Reyataz in clinical trials, an increase in bilirubin has not been associated with any other signs of liver damage. Reyataz should not be combined with Crixivan (indinavir), another protease inhibitor that can cause increased bilirubin levels.

You might want to read the whole lesson yourself, but I thought I'd post the relevant bit to get you started.

Good luck hun, hope everything goes well for you and baby.  :-*

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 06:18:21 am »
hi Panda,

Congratulations and fingers crossed!!! Im thinking of switching to reyataz myself, btw.

hugs,
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline germangirl

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 02:27:22 pm »
congrats on the pregnancy and all the best!
Eres el aire que respiro,
Eres el compania de mi soledad,
Eres el luz que me ilumina,
Eres el camino en la oseuidad.
Dedicated to my husband

My husband is positive, I am negative.

Offline panda

I LOST MY BABY - AGAIN
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 12:27:09 pm »
 :'( :'( HI - FOR THE 2ND TIME.
LAST NIGHT I FELT PAINS , WHEN I WOKE UP NOTED I WAS BLEEDING, WE WNT TO THE HOSPITEL IN THE MORNING , THERE WAS NO PULSE (THERE WAS A PULE ON SUNDAY).
I DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT... DID ANYONE HERE EXPERIENSE MISS CARRIEGE ???

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 03:35:17 pm »
Panda, I am so, so sorry for your loss.  I myself have never experienced a miscarriage, but  I wanted to let you know how sorry I am.  We're here for you, any time.  Please take care of yourself.
  {{{PANDA}}}
  Luv,
Betty

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 09:39:30 pm »
((((((Panda))))))) I am so sorry for your loss.  You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline panda

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 02:52:47 am »
what is wrong with me ? :'( :'(
my hiv dr. says its got nothing to do with my hiv but... i can't help thinking if its got to do with it.
I feel like I can not deal with it... i feel there is no hope for me ..i want it so bad,,, why is this happening to me again ?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 06:43:00 am »
Panda, I would try to get in to see an OB/GYN.  S/he might be able to do a workup and tell you why you're miscarrying.  I take it this isn't the first time it's happened.

I also urge you to get into see a counselor.  S/he will be able to help you face-to-face to work through your anger, grief etc.  We're always here, but we can't replace a live person.

Please take care of yourself.  We do care about you.
  Luv,
Betty

Offline panda

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 07:33:56 am »
what is OB/GYN?

btw - i quit the reyataz due to the bilirubin got higher (4). got back to the kaletra... I will do the blood test again next week

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 08:04:11 am »
Panda, very sorry that this is happening to you. I have had 2 miscarriages and would strongly suggest going to your Gynecologist/Obstetrician(OB/GYN). There might be a physical reason for this but even if not, you probably need to be checked out.                  I second Betty, a counselor might be of help as well. Just someone to talk to about your feelings of loss. Best of luck to you. Cristy

Offline Victory101

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 04:51:18 pm »
Panda I am really sorry for the miscarriage. I have had two and I know the second one was the most diffictult one to deal with. I went through similar emotions to you...I really really wanted kids. After that it took almost a year before I got pregnant again and could not believe it when I reached week 12, then 13 then 20 etc and I had a beautiful healthy baby boy. I decided not to take precautions because I thought it would take me ages to conceive again and I got pregnant when ds1 was 7 mths, there is only 14 months difference between them and after that I thought well I have the family I want and started to use contraceptives....then sometime last year, started having problems with my dh and decided I didn't want to sleep with him anymore and was very irregular with the pill...we slept together very rarely (I know it only takes once) and guess what I got pregnant again. I am giving birth this month.
All I am saying Panda is never give up hope, it can still happen to you. The Drs are right, its nothing to do with HiV. Lots of us have children and also negative people also have miscarriages. Keep your chin up, it will be okay, hard to believe now but one day your body will be able to carry the pregnancy to full term!

Offline panda

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 02:52:18 am »
Hi girls...

I am waiting now to get the approval for doing a blood test that is very expensive...this blood test can tell if I suffer frm coagulabillity with my blood ... its says this is the #1 factors for continues miss carriege , the problem is that in Israel they give you this blood test only if you went through the 3rd miss carriage on a raw but since I went through "ONLY" 2 its not surre that I will get it, so please prey for me.. they answer will be received probabyl tomorrow... if I do have this problem then at leat we'll know why it happening and they will give me medication for this.
Beside this, my kidny's fuction is much better , almost no protein in the urine (it was very high before) cause my dr now switched of the viread to TMC.

Another thing , did anyone heard or took the DHEA ?

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 08:32:45 am »
Best of luck. I hope you can get the testing .   Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 07:08:49 pm »
Good luck to you, Panda.  And no, I've never taken DHEA.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.