Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:31:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: feeling terrible  (Read 13361 times)

Offline nowwhat

feeling terrible
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:46:15 am »
hi all,
please help me i am going nuts
to cut the long story short
two incidents

i was in the hospital getting blood drawn for HIV test. before i went in there were to girls who had possibly come for the same test. when my turn came in the nurse was not wearing any gloves ..and she held my wrists really hard ...while her partner nurse drew the blood. i dint notice anything then.... but then when i came back to office i noticed that the part she was holding tight(my wrist) was reddish at a point. and it seemed there was a cut there. I DONT REMMEMBER HURTING MYSELF AT ALL. so maybe she pricked me? i dont know if my fears are irriational. it was very unsual the way she held my hand and almost forced it. what if there was some blood on her fingers from the other person before me? and the other person could have been positive?.  AM i at risk?
 Heres the main thing
last week my cousin aunt was visiting us. She has been HIV positive for 6 years now.. while i was passing her in the hallway i kinna tripped and my toe hit her leg. maybe could have cut or scraped her skin on the leg (cause of the toe-nail). perhaps her skin came on to my toe nail gap and may have infected me?... i sometimes have hanging nails on my feet which also bleed....... i live in a VERY orthodox family. ours is a joint family
i dint dare to disscuss it with anyone ...as it would have kinna been an offence or something. i really dont know what to do now.:(
i am very tensed ...and cant stop thinking about it
should i test? over the two incidents mentioned above?
Please please please help me
regards

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: feeling terrible
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 02:35:27 pm »
now,

Hiv is primarily transmitted during UNPROTECTED anal or vaginal intercourse. It is NOT spread through getting blood tests of any sort nor by accidentally kicking a positive person.

You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection. Please read our Welcome Thread and click on and read the Transmission Lesson link found there.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TESTING OVER ANYTHING YOU BROUGHT TO US, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 06:42:30 pm »
ann thanx for your reply.
so i dont need to test?
also please tell me if fresh urine falls immediately on fresh cut.... and if the person with the urine is positive... is the infection possible?
today (dont ask me how....... its embarassing) i could have touched urine of a (possibly positive) person with a fresh wound on my hand... and he too had urinated about 30 seconds before i touched it exactly witht he wound there on my hand. and it was very very fresh. and i also ate with the  other hand possibly it may have had urine on it too(please dont ask how cause its damm embarassing)
should i be concerned?
please help me
you all are my only hope
do i need to test?
regards
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:47:14 pm by nowwhat »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:08:48 pm »
Urine is not infectious. Take the time to read the Lessons on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 07:11:58 pm »
thanx rapid
so can i get on with my life? or do i need to test? urine could have some sperms in it?
please help me out i am almost crying here now:(
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:13:53 pm by nowwhat »

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 06:19:19 am »
please anyone? andy, rapid, ann, matty

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 06:27:52 am »
Can't you read? Ann and Roddles have both explained this to you already.

You were not at risk, HIV is not transmitted via urine or stubbed toes. Nothing you've described is a risk for HIV infection. You do not need to test, you do not have HIV.

As Ann told you earlier, you need to read our Welcome Thread and review the lessons on HIV transmission.

MtD

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 07:20:25 pm »
here  i am again...
and things keep on getting worse for me
really i just dont know what to do now
Today i went to the barbers to get a hair cut
everything was going on fine until i noticed at the later part of the haircut that he had put some tape on his finger
i asked him what had happened ...he said he had cut his finger while shaving some other guy before me.
it was a red cellotape that he had on. i dont know if it had blood on it as the tape was also of the red color
although there wasent any cuts while he was cutting my hair.... and he also did clean my ears to remove the fallen hair... with the napkin(he coud have used it to clean his own hands when he had bled cause it looked very very dirty...here they dont really pay attention to hygeine and people take it casually.  in the worst case senario. if it had blood stains on it which were not too old at all of when he cleaned my ears or when he shaved the few parts of my head while using the razor(i asked him if he is using a new blade. he said yes. but who knows. i usually do that) he just washed the handle with water and added the new blade on it.... thats how it happens where i live.
although there arent any visible cuts ..... but what if there are some cuts very minor or some irratable skin and he touched it with the blood on his finger? and what if he were hiv positive
moresoever i have never seen that guy in that parlour here... he is new or just filling in for someone.
please help me.... really. do i need to test?
love you all
regards
all i know is he had a fresh cut on his finger and when asked he said he bleed profoundly.
i really dont know what to do now
do i need to test?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 07:31:50 pm »
Seek professional mental help for your OCD. OCD problems cannot be treated over the Internet.

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 07:36:30 pm »
i know i could be irrrational here
but it still is a possibility right?
is this a Hiv situation? thats all i want to know
do i need to wait and test?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 07:42:31 pm »
NO. NO. NO.

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 07:47:45 pm »
not a risk situation even if he had blood on his fingers?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 07:50:16 pm »
Go back and read the very first sentence from the first reply from Ann. Then do what she asked you to do.

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 07:58:12 pm »
she says test if you are sexually active.... and i havent been sexually active for over an year now( yes an year...i know its sad...)
and i have been test for hiv before which was negative. that was around 8 months back
. the reason i am so scared and worried rapid is that ia m getting married in a months time.(arrange marriage)
so final verdict would be i DONT NEED TO TEST over this entire scenario???????. you answers have helped me calm down a lot really
thanx
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:19:51 pm by nowwhat »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 08:38:33 pm »
No testing is necessary. Period.

But you have made clear that you have a pattern of obsessive thinking about HIV (and perhaps other things as well?)

We can't help you with that and it is not going to just go away. Do yourself a big favor and get some professional help. You also will not be allowed to repeatedly return with these no risk events. You will get a time out if you try to do that.
Andy Velez

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 08:40:37 pm »
thanx for your replies
please dont time out me
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:42:35 pm by nowwhat »

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 05:59:53 pm »
hi
i am almost convinced i have hiv now... i havea big swollen pea size lymph node on my inner thigh...and its hurting as well....I HAVE NEVER HAD IT IN MY ENTIRE LIFE....this is really new to me....
i am crying here
i also had yet another exposure...i know i am troubling you all but here it is...
i went to toilet... and  the head of my penius touched the toilet seat... i noticed there was some white(cum) on the seat possibly from the person who went before me. my penius head touched it directly.( it was at a beer bar)with a lot of truck drivers around. tuck drivers here are known for their promoscusity.............. i  am really scared .... and crying and on top of that i have this lymph node(which i have never ever had in my life near the groin innner thigh area)
this new exposure and the lymph node has really done it for me. please help me.
feeling desperate
lymph node can be a result of either the toilet seat incident or the earlier incident
please please help me.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 06:04:29 pm »
In the Name of the Invisible Pink Unicorn!  ::)

You do not have HIV. You cannot contract HIV because your willy touched a toilet seat. If you feel ill, see your doctor.

MtD

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 06:13:15 pm »
hi matty

maaty my worrie is... how can that be a non risk...i am not circumsized... in all probabality it was cum...and as it was still juicy. it wasent dried and the head on my penius touched it as i was sitting(my penius was erect). should i seek pep?
it happened only two days ago
and this lymph node...i i seriously have never had... is bothering me no ends
i am not feeling ill but i am just feeling intensly worried
cyring...
very down

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 06:22:26 pm »
now,

Unless that toilet seat had an anus or vagina and you put your unprotected penis into the toilet seat's anus or vagina, then you did not have a risk for hiv infection.

Keep posting over these no-risk events and you'lll be given a time out. Last warning.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 12:44:14 pm »
dear ann, andy, rapid, matty
i am really worried about the swollen lymph node on my inner thigh. its really scary cause i have never had anything like this before.... EVER. this is new to me... today i am down with a little fever and cold...
swollen has been there for over five days now... feeling really really sad and DOWN.... and the swollen lymph node wount go away...its like 1cm in lenght. and big...this is the first time ever i am encountering a swollen node near the groin...inner thigh.
what is wrong with me?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 01:12:33 pm »
See a doctor. This is an HIV assessment forum.

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 01:15:27 pm »
dint get what you just said rapid...
what did you mean? by see a doc?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:32:41 pm by nowwhat »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 01:42:58 pm »
See a doctor for your symptoms if they concern you. They are unrelated to HIV.

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 03:06:28 pm »
my last question
i dont need to test right?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 03:42:58 pm »
Now,

You didn't have a risk. Why would you need to test?

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 09:16:06 am »
hi
i am really worried right now
about 1 hour back i just got back getting tested for hiv(routine test)
but heres the thing
the healthcare worker was not wearing any gloves...
he picked his nose and then used the same hand to touch the vein/artery within seconds he drew the blood out...
my concern is... that if some mucos or blood(like some people bleed through nose) was present on his finger which he used to tap the vein and then drew the blood there is a HEAVY possibility that some mucos/blood directly went into my vein ESP muscos from his nose...
ALL THIS HAPPENED IN MATTER OF SECONDS...
i was with a co-worker and hence dint create a scene there...
Please help me!!!!!!
is is a risky senario?... shall i go to the doc?
i am almost crying here

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 09:29:39 am »
Didn't matter if he didn't use gloves or not. The gloves are to protect him, not you.  Seek professional mental help with your phobias.

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 09:34:37 am »
is this no risk?
bout 1 hour back i just got back getting tested for hiv(routine test)
but heres the thing
the healthcare worker was not wearing any gloves...
he picked his nose and then used the same hand to touch the vein/artery within seconds he drew the blood out...
my concern is... that if some mucos or blood(like some people bleed through nose) was present on his finger which he used to tap the vein and then drew the blood there is a HEAVY possibility that some mucos/blood directly went into my vein ESP muscos from his nose...
ALL THIS HAPPENED IN MATTER OF SECONDS...
i was with a co-worker and hence dint create a scene there...
Please help me!!!!!!
is is a risky senario?... shall i go to the doc?
i am almost crying here
is this no risk?..is that what you are sayin?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 09:39:59 am »
I read exactly what your posted. You didn't have a risk. PERIOD...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 10:26:52 am »
Now,

If you need another time out to help you to understand that people don't become infected wth hiv when testing for hiv, then just keep posting over your latest no-risk incident. It doesn't matter that the person picked their nose. You didn't have a risk.

I suggest you seek counseling for your hiv phobia. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nowwhat

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008, 04:37:46 pm »
yes ann,
thankyou for your reply..
but it just keeps on getting worse
trust me i am trying my best to deal with this
i am just got into this situation where i feel i am genuinly exposed...to hiv

i am having bleeding gums issue for over a month now...and i am seeking dental help for it...
like today...while i went to the hospital to get my results... there was a guy in the taxi who spit blood(he was going to the hospital too... and i we were entering the hospital premises on the road...i was right behind him without the helmet..and a drop of him blood fell on my nose..inside part and some on my lips..(AND I HAVE BLEEDING GUMS i always have blood from my gums in my mouth) i wiped the blood near the nose  but
assuming  it went into my mouth and touched the mucos area of my nose... am i at risk??? if he were positive?
i havent made this story up ...it happend for real swear on god.
i am just numb now...no emotions ...just shock
..please i beg you to assess my risk and guide me....
last post i promise dont mean to trouble you all but i am just not doing well to cope up with this new exposure
will seek mental help soon if you guys think its a no risk situation
i am begging you to reply..and assess my risk
blood on mucos? blood in mouth(from the other guys spit)?? = risk?????
please help!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 04:48:21 pm »
now,

Once again you come here with a no risk situation.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. If you haven't grasped the basics of hiv transmission by now, I can't see how we can help you further. Please seek therapy to help you get over your hiv phobia. We cannot help you with that here.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.