Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:32:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 610
Total: 611

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Prosecutor Sent To Jail  (Read 3295 times)

Offline tednlou2

Prosecutor Sent To Jail
« on: November 09, 2013, 01:33:58 am »
This prosecutor was charged with withholding evidence from the defense, in a murder case going back to the 80's.  Prosecutors must share all evidence with the defense.  A woman was murdered and her husband was charged.  He spent 25 years in prison, before being released, due to DNA evidence. 

In fact, a drifter murdered her.  And, he killed at least one other woman, after the husband was sent to prison.  This is yet another case that makes ya wonder how many innocent people are in prison, or have been put to death.  I think prosecutors and judges should not be elected.  Political ambitions make many do whatever it takes to get votes.  The family of the other murder victim is probably wondering whether that murder could have been prevented. 

Oh, the prosecutor will only serve 10 days in jail, due to how the law is written.  He should get 25 years. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032619/

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Prosecutor Sent To Jail
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 05:38:32 am »
Thats a nightmare.
By the way, the link doesn't go to that story you describe.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 09:06:40 am »
I saw it on last night's news. MF made it to the level of a judge!!  His jail is being stripped of his job and his license. Perhaps that will be sufficient torment as no one with any ethics will want to associate with him.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 03:15:55 pm »
Thats a nightmare.
By the way, the link doesn't go to that story you describe.

For some reason, that link took you to all Nightly News stories.  It was down there in the list.  Let me try this link.

http://www.today.com/video/today/53507532/

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 03:38:45 pm »
Ken Anderson was a vicious prosecutor in a notoriously vicious county.

There was always rumors about his planting evidence and witholding evidence...Finally he got caught.

I'm outraged by the light sentence, especially after he routinely send first time offenders to jail for maximum sentences. Got caught with a joint...6 months with a $10k fine. Get caught with a bump of cocaine...prison. He had no mercy on thousands of people, he should get none as well.

I dislike him highly

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 10:32:48 pm »
Here is another case that many have probably heard about.  Ryan Ferguson was released yesterday from prison, after almost a decade behind bars.  There was NOT DNA evidence linking him; the bloody footprints didn't match his shoes.  He was convicted based on a "friend" saying he killed a sports reporter for beer money.  And, a janitor testified he saw Ferguson at the crime scene. 

So, he finally got an appeal, because the "friend" finally came forward and said he made the whole thing up.  And, the janitor, a convicted sex offender, testified he also lied, because prosecutors pressured him to say he saw Ferguson at the scene.  But, the judge said he didn't believe these changed stories.  He eventually got another appeal and his conviction was thrown out. 

When reported on the news today, all the anchors and reporters just talked about his great attitude, over being wrongly imprisoned.  None I saw questioned the janitor's claim that prosecutors pressured him to lie.  Besides no DNA evidence, this should be the huge angle of this story.  How often does this happen, and why aren't the prosecutors being investigated and charged, if the janitor is telling the truth?  If the prosecutors pressure him to lie on the stand, they should be fired and their legal licenses suspended for life.  They should be charged for complicity to lie under oath.  It does make me wonder just how many innocent people are in prison for things they didn't do.  I realize justice is not perfect, but it is especially troubling with there is misconduct-- withholding evidence or lying on the stand.  A message needs to be sent to detectives and prosecutors that malfeasance will not be tolerated in our justice system. 

You can watch the story of how this all began and the how he was released yesterday here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/t/video/ryan-ferguson-freed-decade-prison-20871917?source=nightline

edited for leaving out the word NOT, when discussing the DNA evidence

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 06:16:37 am »
I agree that the Ferguson case was another terrific miscarriage of justice.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.