Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:41:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 216
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very Worried after possible exposure... Please Help!  (Read 49175 times)

Offline ktoles

• Standard
Very Worried after possible exposure... Please Help!
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:01:58 am »
Hello... I am a 20 year old Bisexual male from Canada. I am not sexually active all that often because I am extremely nervous of getting HIV from someone. I always use condoms, water based lube and I always ask status before I do anything.

This past Sunday, I met with a guy. He performed Oral Sex on me, and it got really intense from there... but this is not the exposure that I am worried about (I have read about the risks associated with oral sex)

During that time there were no condoms present and there was anal frottage (my johhnson was rubbing against his anus) and I was almost sure that there was not any penetration because I feel that I would have felt it.  I emailed him a couple of times and got a response back last night. He said that he did indeed penetrate me, he said his ass went down on my johnson somewhat. Now because for about 3 quarters  I was able to move my penis fairly freely and back it away from his ass, the only point it could have been was for a very brief period (couldnt have been more than a minute at the most), before he got off and ejaculated me. The think is I don't remember feeling the intense pressure on myself when someone does go down on me. I never bottom, but the thing is if there was more penetration than that, I still don't know what my chances are, I am certain that never did he go down entirely on me because I know I would have felt it, but if there was some brief penetration is this still not super risky? I plan to go get tested in September at 6 weeks and then again in October at 10 weeks... Should I expect to test negative out of this??

Kyle (extremely worried)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:21:12 am by ktoles »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Very Worried after possible exposure... Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:31:08 am »
Kyle, from what you have described I would say it's extremely unlikely that you really fully penetrated this guy. There may have been some "dipping," a slight insertion, but it's not clear that even that happened.

Given your anxiety about the incident getting tested is a good idea. 6 weeks is good and then you can confirm what I expect will be a negative result by re-testing at 13 weeks.

You've got the right idea about using condoms everytime and water-based lube. Asking someone about his status is not the way to go. Even well meaning people don't always know their accurate status. And from my point of view if someone wants to volunteer that information it's fine but it's not something one ought to ask. And in any case, what you do in terms of protection should not be based on what you're told. Just always follow safer sex guidelines and you'll be fine as far as HIV is concerned.

You know, becoming sexually active is often very anxiety-provoking as well as exciting and enjoyable. It's all a part of the deal.  Stay productively busy during your waiting period and the time will pass more quickly than you may imagine possible. Ultimately I expect you will come out of this ok.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 09:09:45 am »
Thanks for the advice Andy,

as I said before I'm not even sure he dipped into me. he says he went down on me somewhat. So what exactly that means, he may not know the different between dipping and penetration means, because like I said I'm sure I would have felt it if he had gone down on me,  because at first there is always that immense pressure and I am 99% sure that he did not fully penetrate me, that being said what is my risk level here? Is it enough that I need to worry about this?

Kyle

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:59:09 am »
Kyle, let's get clear about this. Are we talking about you having been penetrated or you having penetrated the other guy? You use the phrase "gone down on me," which is usually about you having your penis sucked and is not a term used for anal sex.

When it comes to sexual matters it's good to get into the habit of being clear, simple and specific about what you have to say.

Please clarify.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 10:08:37 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:10:21 am »
Sorry Andy for not being more clear, this is about me not being sure if I penetrated him thats what I meant by him going down on me somewhat I think I would have felt it I think, I dont even remember that happening and if it did it couldnt have been for more than a few seconds just before he got his ass away from my johnson and made me ejaculate... his ass on my johnson somewhat... but like I said I wasn't entirely sure... he even did that, he said he did somewhat... what that means I dont know
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 10:12:47 am by ktoles »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:42:53 am »
OK. So for future reference I suggest you be real clear about what is being discussed.

From what you have described of the incident it would appear to me that you probably didn't do more than have your penis head penetrate him very slightly and briefly, if even that. Since there seems to be some doubt about what actually happened, getting tested is a good idea.

My expectation is that you will test negative.

In the meantime while you are waiting to test you need to stay productively busy and the time will pass more quickly than you may imagine possible at this moment.

Good luck with your test.
Andy Velez

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 10:52:56 am »

I'm pretty sure that I didn't fully penetrate him, because I know I would have felt it, I have for sure felt it with the other guys I have been with (protected by the way) and just as I begin to penetrate them there is always a great amount of pressure put on my johnson, and I know that I did not feel that pressure with him, so if as you describe and my penis head only penetrated him very briefly what would my risk level have been? Is it something that I should worry about in the meantime?

You honestly think the odds are in my favor?

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 11:55:37 am »

I'm pretty sure that I didn't fully penetrate him, because I know I would have felt it, I have for sure felt it with the other guys I have been with (protected by the way) and just as I begin to penetrate them there is always a great amount of pressure put on my johnson, and I know that I did not feel that pressure with him, so if as you describe and my penis head only penetrated him very briefly what would my risk level have been? Is it something that I should worry about in the meantime?

I'VE ALREADY ANSWERED THIS QUESTION MORE THAN ONCE. IF IN FACT THERE WAS BRIEF PARTIAL PENETRATION THE RISK WAS EXTREMELY LOW TO NIL.

SHOULD YOU WORRY ABOUT IT IN THE MEANTIME? WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT I SAY? YOU SEEM TO BE JUST REPEATING YOURSELF SO TELLING YOU NOT TO WORRY WOULD BE LIKE TELLING YOU DON'T BE NERVOUS. YOU'RE THERE ALREADY. I TOLD YOU WHAT TO DO DURING THE WAITING PERIOD. STAY PRODUCTIVELY BUSY.

You honestly think the odds are in my favor?

I'VE TOLD YOU WHAT I HONESTLY THINK. I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO ADD. NOW WE'RE JUST DANCING AROUND HERE. YOU HAVE SOME WAITING TIME. GET BUSY IN YOUR LIFE WITH OTHER THINGS. NOW!

END OF STORY.
Andy Velez

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 12:24:21 pm »
Andy I do apologize, I know this fear is probably irrational, but I'm going on my memory and the heat of the moment things can be rememberd but at the one thing that I do know is that I did not fully penetrate him, and thanks to your advice I am for sure going to wait till October gets here, get my negative test and then woohoo and always make sure I am careful. Thanks for your advice Andy

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 02:59:21 pm »
That's a good plan. And this experience can encourage you to make clear to any future partner(s) that you want to be wearing a condom if anal is involved.

And like I said, I expect you to come out of this ok.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 06:27:11 pm »
Andy,

Thanks for your advice and your words. You have really good credentials so I am for sure going to take your advice. I start a new job Tuesday so that for the next few months should for sure keep me busy before October, then I will go in at the 12-13 week mark to go and get tested and then move on with my life, but I do expect to test negative as does my best friend, It's just when I get home and am on my own, that I think about it so I should for sure just move on and get on with my life because fretting about it doesnt exactly do anything, I have to wait and I have to deal with that.

Kyle

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 07:33:23 am »
I've been doing some research, and talked to a few people. From what I can garner my risk was extremely low. That being said I went to thebody.com and Dr. Bob says that dipping constitutes a risk.  I'm trying to get past it and move on, but I am still thinking about it. I do expect to test negative in October but I am still worried. That being said there was no ejaculation and it wasn't full penetration, and it wouldn't have been more than 30 seconds-minute at the most and I'm still not 100% sure that his ass went down on my penis head at all. I know my shaft was not used, because if he was on me he was on his knees and he was a tall guy, That being said I'm still trying to avoid the internet sites because I don't want my anxiety to go up, but it's still in the back of my mind. I believe my risk was extremely low. I'm hoping that I will be ok out of this.

Kyle

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 07:42:51 am »
Kyle,

I expect you to come out of this A-OK as well.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 07:55:27 am »
Thanks Ann,

I hope to be as well, as I said I expect to test negative it's just the wait time inbetween thats killer, but I've got to wait till October at 3 months before I can get on with it, I start a new job so that should keep me busy in the meantime

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 09:08:38 am »
Keeping yourself busy is the best way to deal with the wait. Really the time will fly past. A good idea is not to surf the internet searching for info about HIV. That'll just drive you nuts.

Like the others I fully expect you'll test negative.

MtD

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 09:46:07 am »
Thanks, Yeah I'm going to try and do myself a favor and keep off the websites, that will only drive me nuts, but thanks for everyones help as well!

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 02:15:40 pm »
Hey all...

I had a good talk with a friend.

I know that my risk was tiny and I just need to get through the next three weeks to the first test, it should go by quick, Ive got a job interview and with the US open coming up that should take my mind off things. I'm going to try and stay off the internet. Im still not even sure I penetrated him, if i did it was brief.

So I'm done worrying about it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:29:52 pm by ktoles »

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 07:40:27 pm »
It's just when that doubt creeps back into my head when someone mentions HIV or  I see it on the news or TV or whatever. It just freaks me out.

My friend thinks Im going to be absolutely fine.

But still I'm not sure theres still doubt that creeps in the back of my mind

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 07:46:55 pm »
Forgot to add that I anticipate I will be fine, I think my mind is just playing tricks on me

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007, 07:49:53 pm »
Fortunately doubts and feelings aren't facts. And yes, I still expect you to come out of this ok.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 11:11:29 pm »
Ok,

Went in at 11 weeks and a day and got tested... I've been told that it's ok for testing. I found out today that while the guy insists he is clean he could be unknown so it drives me nuts. I will know by Friday or Monday at the latest... I think I will be ok, but I gotta know for sure... If I do come back negative never again will I do anything to put myself in that position.

Kyle

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 11:16:07 pm »
Went in at 11 weeks and a day and got tested... I've been told that it's ok for testing. I found out today that while the guy insists he is clean he could be unknown so it drives me nuts. I will know by Friday or Monday at the latest... I think I will be ok, but I gotta know for sure... If I do come back negative never again will I do anything to put myself in that position.

Kyle,

Please don't use terms like "clean" when talking about a person's HIV status. I have HIV infection and I'm willing to bet I'm a damn sight "cleaner" than you.

It's insulting and very offensive.

MtD

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 11:23:47 pm »
Sorry I didn't mean to insult anyone, that's just the genral term  that I've always used with everyone, I should have said he insists his status is Negative... but for my own personal peace of mind that I wanted get tested, I think I will be ok, I know its not something that is easy to get and the time was very brief and there was no way it was full penetration

Kyle

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 11:25:15 pm »
Well it is insulting and if it's the "general term that you always use with everyone" then stop it.

MtD

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 11:28:05 pm »
Ok, I apologize if I insulted you personally, I still hope and expect to test negative at this point and once that happens I will move on with my life and be much more careful... I think I'm ok.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2007, 10:18:10 am »
k,

You didn't only insult Matty personally - you insulted each and every one of us who lives with hiv and you do so every time you use the term instead of hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 02:24:07 pm »
Ok,

Again I apologize for not using correct terminology when it comes to this. The guy continues to insist that his status is HIV Negative, I had the test done and will know by Friday, I started a new job but I obviously can't be consumed by this. I hope to finally be able to move on with my life from here. I am taking the advice previously and do expect to test negative. Again I am sorry if I have offened personally, I never in any way meant to do that.

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 05:08:44 pm »
Is getting tested at 11 weeks and a day good enough for testing? Should I go back on the 28th and get tested again or would that be sufficient enough time to make sure that I can fully move on? I would have tested this Sunday which would have been 12 weeks or do I need to go in again at 13 to officially confirm or would it be ok to think that Im negative and can finally move on? Thanks

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2007, 09:40:48 pm »
I decided to wait until the three month mark to get tested... I did and the results have come back negative. I am finally able to get past this irrational fear and now I officially know my limits of what I am willing and NOT willing to do. I want to thank everyone here for the words of wisdom it really has been a hellish three months and now I am going to move on with my life. And to those who I may have offended, again I apologize for any offence that I may have caused I am now better versed and thanks again. I'm off to celebrate (while keeping the condoms handy) Thanks guys

Kyle

Offline ktoles

• Standard
Condom Question
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 04:53:25 pm »
Hey all,

I have taken the advice of everyone here. I had sex (protected anal) about 3 weeks ago. I used a condom and lots of water based lube. However I have a quick question. I think im totally fine here but... I put on the condom and used lots of water based lube.  It was put on me correctly with the little tip at the top to dispel any air or whatever to prevent breakage. However when I pulled out,  while the condom was still on me I believe this is due to loss of erection, but that tip that was little was a whole lot bigger, than when I inserted. I'm not sure if I'm being clear here. I inspected the condom twice and there were NO holes, that I am 100% absolutely sure of. I assume this means I was still protected? I just mean that the tip of the condom was a lot bigger then it orignally was. I just believe this means it was due to loss of erection? I believe it was as I was not as hard as I was when I inserted. Any advice/reassurance would have been greatly appreciated. Thanks

kyle

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 05:05:45 pm »
#1, please keep all of your entries in this same thread. I have merged your latest question with your previous thread. Our rule is to continue using the same thread.

As to your question about the condom, if it had failed you would have known it. When a condom fails it's not about a teensy weensie little hole. The whole thing ends up looking like fringed hula hoop on your penis. So whatever cause the expansion of the tip is irrelevant. It was on your penis and it protected you. That's the important fact and not your fears.

There's no cause for concern about this incident in terms of HIV transmission.

Andy Velez

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 12:05:23 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. I was seeing a guy for a few weeks, and we were intimate. For the first time I was the bottom, however I was fully prepared and bought water based lube and condoms from the drug store. The only question I have is the matter of ejaculation. The condom was on him, and he was still inside me when he ejaculated. I examined the condom and there were no holes and the ejaculate was in there, so I do not have anything to worry about correct? As long as the condom was still on him when he pulled out (which it was) then I have nothing to worry about in this case? Thanks.

Kyle

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 12:37:24 pm »
That's right.  You done good.   ;)  You're fine.  No need for testing.  Keep up the good work (and that's some fun work to keep up, eh?)

Cheers.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 01:16:49 pm »
You've got the right idea. You can have as much anal intercourse as you like whether insertive or receptive as long as whoever is inserting is always wearing a latex condom. They do the job of protecting both partners very effectively.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 03:07:38 pm »
Hi All,

Just checking in here. I recently engaged in some sexual activity that included me performing oral sex on him, him performing oral sex on me and his penis rubbing against my ass. I know it didn't go in because I would have felt it. Anyways I believe I am ok in terms of HIV. I would just like some clarification. I plan on going and getting tested for ALL STD's at the end of next month as it will have been 6 months since my last test. I asked his status and he said he was in the clear.

The only thing that I would be would be worried about in terms of HIV is me performing Oral Sex on him. My oral health is fine (no sores, cuts, etc.) and there was no cum on his penis. If anyone could help with any clarification it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kyle
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 05:16:30 pm by ktoles »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2008, 06:23:36 pm »
Kyle,

Giving a blowjob is only a risk for hiv infection in theoretical terms. There have been long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one. This shows us two things. One, condoms are very effective for the prevention of hiv transmission. Two, oral sex is much lower risk than previously believed. We now have the evidence that oral sex is mainly a theoretical risk where hiv transmission is concerned.

As there wasn't even any cum involved in your blowjob, it's safe to say you had no risk whatsoever.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 11:57:57 am »
Thanks Ann,

That's good to know. I've heard conflicting stories about the risks associated with Oral Sex. I know it's virtually impossible for insertive oral sex. The only part worrying me was the receptive part of it, I have read however, that saliva can inhibit the virus and damage it and thus making it unable to infect? Something to do with the enzymes or something of that nature. My mouth has been in pain slightly but I believe that is from tongue scraping that occured afterwards, I inspected my mouth and there were no open wounds or anything like that, I had also put some oragel on too just because my cheeks were sore but again I think more to do with the tongue scraping than anything else. I still hope I am ok, but anyways I will be going to get tested in 6 weeks anyways. Thanks again.

Kyle

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 01:46:06 pm »
Hi All,

I hope this is not an overreaction, but I just want to be clear here.

Since the day that this occurred (Sunday) I have had a soreness in the gums that is still occurring as of today. I have done several inspections and all appears to be normal in terms of gums and there are NO signs of any wounds or cuts of any sort. Just the soreness.

I performed oral sex on the guy for no more than 30 seconds and to my memory there was no to very little precum on the guy. My only concern is in terms of risk of what could have happened if any of the precum had got into my mouth by accident. Obviously there is no way of knowing or not, But to the best of my memory there was no precum. He didn't ejaculate until after we had finished up.

However this could also be attributed to a rigorous tongue scraping that occurred the same day. I did it so hard to the point of accidental vomiting and whenever I put the tongue scraper in the back of my mouth on that exact same spot where the gums hurt that's when it gets tender so it could very well just have been the tongue scraping.

Do you recommend specific testing for this incident? I plan to go at the end of June as this will have been 6 months since my last exam and 6 weeks since this occurrence. If anyone could clarify it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kyle

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 02:07:04 pm »
Kyle,

My advice does NOT change in light of your latest details.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 02:25:43 pm »
Thanks Ann,

I will just go in at the end of June and will not worry. Thanks

Kyle

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2008, 09:50:48 am »
I am so freaking out right now. I went to a gay bar last night. I was going to leave but I met a guy, he was a cute Cuban guy and told me he was 27. We went back to his place and watched a movie and chilled on the couch, we didn't do anything major, made out, but he bit the part under my tongue and made it bleed, but not major. He then proceeded to perform oral sex, again not a big deal, however I believe he only fingered me anally, is there a distinct difference between a finger and a penis? I believe there is a distinct difference and I truly believe that his penis was inside of his shorts and because of the way he was situated on the couch there was no way his penis could have penetrated me.

But then we went to bed and tells me he's 38!!! He told me that because he sees a guy he likes and age shouldn't matter it's how you feel. Well he  lied to me, but he says his normal age at a bar and he gets rejected because Canadian boys have a thing about age. I was going to go leave, he told me that he liked me still but that he was actually 27, and then asked me how I felt and what I wanted to do, my head was spinning and then it turns out he was actually 38, I slept in his bed for an hour, nothing happened again but I woke up and I just couldn't. He fingered me (sorry to be so brutal) and well I got you can imagine, but Mel, I'm freaking out, who's to say this guy couldn't have had HIV? what if he had raped me? What if I had let him get to know me and had all this shit to happen to me? It's probably because of the Hang Over, but I just need to calm down, I'm freaking out and crying and don't want to be alone. I'm freaking out. I don't want to do anything or go anywhere or do anything. I'm scared to leave my room. I think I need to sleep but I am still spinning. I don't know what to do! Did I have any risk? Thanks

Kyle

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2008, 10:47:17 am »
What if he had raped you????!!!!! This is nutzy stuff, bud.

First of all, nothing you did in this situation put you at risk for HIV transmission. Period. Nothing.

Now, if you can't tell a finger from a dick then I would say THAT'S a problem you need to resolve before you have sex again. Seriously, there's a kind of confusion and hysteria underlying what you have written which leads me to think you ought to be talking with a therapist or other professional and do some sorting out about your feelings in general and sex in particular.

This is not an HIV situation. I suggest you get your other issues addressed in an appropriate professional setting.

Andy Velez

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2008, 12:52:07 pm »
I do apologize Andy. I wrote that yesterday as I had just gotten home and was hung over, I was dazed and confused and I do realize that I must be more careful in making these kinds of judgements when I go out.

I do realize that this is not an HIV situation however when we were making out, his teeth bit underneath my tongue and caused the inside of my mouth to bleed, I did clean out my mouth, but this would not be a cause for concern would it?

As for what else happened, I do not that it was his fingers and not his penis. Again that was part of the confusion and my mental state yesterday, I had consumed a lot of alcohol and was brushing off the effects of it. A lot of sleep later and I am much more composed and I am not worried. I am just glad that this situation is over and I will move on. Thanks

Kyle

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008, 01:41:37 pm »
Kyle,

If you don't move on and get some one-on-one help, you'll be moved on. You've been here long enough to know our posting guidelines. Keep coming back with this kind of stuff and you'll be given a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2008, 02:49:47 pm »
Apologies,

I will move on with my life as I know that this is NOT an HIV situation, probably more to do with lingering anxiety than anything. I think it's time I start talking to someone, I can't be afraid everytime I do something with a guy, I know what is considered is risk and what is not and clearly this situation is not a risk and I do apologize. Thanks.

Kyle

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2008, 05:08:25 pm »
Good. That sounds like a healthy plan for getting on with your life.

One last word of caution: Mixing excessive drinking with sex is a very dangerous combination. Have all the sex you like and with whomever you choose. Just do it the safer way with condoms everytime and soberly. Let the experience itself be your high instead of alcohol.
Andy Velez

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2008, 08:53:27 pm »
Thanks Andy,

I just have one quick question. Is it common for the anus to be quite sore after rigorous stimulation with the fingers? I was fingered quite rigorously and he got up into my prostate which is supposed to be quite a common sexual act, I just spoke with a local nurse and she wasn't too sure, other than that if this lasts more than a couple of days to go see a doctor. I was quite sore after the first time I had bottomed, and this is the same kind of soreness. I have never been fingered and I was fingered quite rigorously so I'm just wondering if it is possible to feel the same kind of pain after fingering. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kyle
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 09:49:13 pm by ktoles »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 04:28:36 am »
Kyle,

Of course if you're "fingered rigorously" you could end up very sore indeed.

We don't seem to be helping you at all, we're only enabling you to continue fretting about hiv.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Please use this as the push you need to seek counseling.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your tiime out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ktoles

• Standard
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2008, 04:24:53 pm »
Hi everyone,

I went in on June 28 for my HIV Tests as well as other STD's and everything came back negative, the last incident I described was the last time I was sexually active with someone, I am hoping that I can say I am fine and conclusively HIV negative? Thanks for all the advice and support, I have learned to deal with my fear and know that as long as I am using condoms that I should continue to remain ok. Thanks

Kyle

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2008, 05:24:08 pm »
I notice that you are still putting that remark about being negative in the form of a question.

Yes, you are HIV negative. Get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.