Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:39:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 465
Total: 468

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please Help Scared but still hoping  (Read 2136 times)

Offline duo909

• Standard
Please Help Scared but still hoping
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:58:57 pm »
First of all you guys are doing a great job by answering all these questions.

So here is my story...

About 12 days back, I had a minor shaving accident at around 9pm. I put antiseptic to the wound immediately and was not that concerned as I believe it stopped bleeding after a certain time. But at around 2am approximately 4.5 hours to 5 hours from the incident I went to a Strip Club.

In the Strip Club I had lap dances with 2 dancers, the first one I had two lap dances and she did not allow me touch much anywhere. The second stripper became nude and started kissing her breasts. This lasted for about 3 lap dances(1 lap dance is long as a song). I never had any kind of sexual encounter, all my clothes were on at the time.

So part I am very worried about is that the cut might not have healed at the time of the dance and some vaginal fluid might have entered to the cut. Sorry, I am very naive in this field but I am assuming vaginal fluid might be on the stripper's body or breasts and while I was kissing her breasts a little bit undried fluid might have touched my cut. I looked at the CDC website and it says it can be transmitted through vaginal fluid.

So right now I am very concerned and stressed out that some of the vaginal fluid might have come into contact with my cut.

My question is how long does vaginal fluid stay on the body with HIV virus ?

How long does a minor cut take to heal given there 4 or 5 hours after the cut?

If vaginal fluid can infect what quantity is required to infect a person?

In general has anyone gotten infected by a scenario like this?

What are the chances of getting infected in this scenario?

I also took a Oraquick Rapid Test on Day 11 and it came back negative. I am planning on taking PCR RNA Test/Early Detection Test on Day 16.
What do you think is the window period for PCR RNA Test?

The person I called on HIV Help Office told me Oraquick can detect people from 3 days onwards in general (he might have told me that just to calm me down) Do you think this is a correct statement?

I also feel like I have some swollen gland in my neck, and armpit (I feel a little tingle around). I also feel different right beside my penis sometimes. Do you think these are symptoms? The glands however are not visibly swollen and also I do not have any other symptoms except this.

I am totally paranoid about the situation and I am hoping if you could help me sort out the situation or assess the risk of the situation.

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Please Help Scared but still hoping
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 11:13:31 pm »
These are the ways HIV is transmitted ...
Sharing IV drug needles immediately after use.
Unprotected anal and vaginal sex.
Mother to child during or shortly after birth
Very specific healthcare situations

There was absolutely no risk in the situation you described  , no one has ever been infected in the manner you are concerned about and you will not be the first . HIV is a fragile virus that is damaged instantly when exposed to oxygen and rendered unable to infect , so there is no risk that vaginal fluid could cause a HIV infection . The other obstacle would be the fact that the only modes for sexually acquiring HIV is unprotected vaginal or anal sex , period .

The fluid a woman produces when sexually excited comes from the Bartholin's glands, located on either side of the vaginal opening. I have yet to discover one shred of evidence (and believe me, I've looked) that shows this lubricating fluid to have any more hiv present than other bodily secretions such as saliva, sweat or tears. Saliva, sweat and tears are NOT infectious fluids.

You can rest assured tou didn't have a risk and if you use condoms for vaginal and anal sex consistently and correctly you will avoid HIV , its that simple .   
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:16:17 pm by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.