Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 03:08:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 161
Total: 161

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I Have Escaped!  (Read 16864 times)

Offline Growler

Re: I Have Escaped!
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 02:27:10 pm »
I was on Atripla for a short period late last year after an initial weight loss episode. Unfortunately it didn't agree with me (as evidenced by my threatening to rip another forum members head off at the time and rightfully getting my arse banned) so I stopped it with DRs knowledge. This was no biggie as my CD4 count was 560 in Oct.) CD count was still good this Jan, 440, therefore no need to start meds.
We've been exploring the possibility of cancer and although I haven't been back for final results, they haven't tried to get in contact with me so it's unlikely that's the cause.
Having read of other people's experiences on these forums I realise gastrointestinal issues and weight loss are almost par of the course with HIV. In the end I need to man up about this stuff and stop being such a princess (which seems to be my specialty since my diagnosis). It's time I accepted the changes and count myself lucky that it's not eh Aids that I'm having to deal with. 
Anyway thanks everyone for your patience with me and for putting up with my bullshit.
GROWLER (
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 09:15:50 pm »
For the love of God Growler, please get your arse to the doc. You need to take care of yourself cause we love you and the bear.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »
I was on Atripla for a short period late last year after an initial weight loss episode. Unfortunately it didn't agree with me (as evidenced by my threatening to rip another forum members head off at the time and rightfully getting my arse banned) so I stopped it with DRs knowledge. This was no biggie as my CD4 count was 560 in Oct.) CD count was still good this Jan, 440, therefore no need to start meds.
We've been exploring the possibility of cancer and although I haven't been back for final results, they haven't tried to get in contact with me so it's unlikely that's the cause.
Having read of other people's experiences on these forums I realise gastrointestinal issues and weight loss are almost par of the course with HIV. In the end I need to man up about this stuff and stop being such a princess (which seems to be my specialty since my diagnosis). It's time I accepted the changes and count myself lucky that it's not eh Aids that I'm having to deal with.
Anyway thanks everyone for your patience with me and for putting up with my bullshit.
GROWLER (

For some reason I thought you were more experienced and knowledgeable about the disease than this paragraph lets on.  In reference to gastrointestinal issues, HIV wasting happens to anyone with untreated HIV, actually it's pretty much a hallmark of AIDS.  Not trying to scare you but it's definitely time to see an HIV doctor and potentially get on some medication long term regardless of the side effects.

Offline Growler

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2012, 06:55:51 am »
I have made an appointment with the ID Dr for the 29th so need to worry about me, I can take care of myself and besides there's alot of people out here who are worse off than me....at times I've been reduced to tears at the state of some of the people I've meet and I feel so impotent that I cant do more for for them than give them a couple of bucks :(

PS Sebastion the bear is also well and protected. At night I tuck him down my shirt so if the worse were to happen and my bag was stolen while I'm sleeping I wont loose him....I couldn't bear that happening ( pun intended)

GROWLER
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2012, 09:26:48 am »
 :)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Growler

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2012, 07:45:49 pm »
I went to the HIV clinic this morning. Meet the new registrar. Lot to think about now so I think I'll take some time out to get it sorted. Keep well
GROWLER

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.