Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 11:06:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Christmas gift from AIDS Food Bank  (Read 4892 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Christmas gift from AIDS Food Bank
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:57:18 pm »
Every year, Food for Thought, Sonoma County's AIDS Food Bank gives gifts to all of their clients.  They have about 500 people to help, so this is no small feat.  This year everyone got a gift card from the Safeway Stores Inc and a grab bag gift.  My grab bag gift this year was a blender ( a nice one).  My ex gave me a blender one year for my BD, my case manager gave me a bar blender for Christmas a few years back. 

What will I do with three blenders?  Cadillac Margaritas!  :D.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Eldon

Re: Christmas gift from AIDS Food Bank
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 09:33:12 pm »
Supporting You

Hey Michael...

That is cool that they gave you all of that stuff. The blenders are a good indication that there is a Margarita party being planned for the near future. LOL!

"Don't Give Up, Don't Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 09:35:07 pm »
Cadallac Margaritas at my house during AMG 07.  The weather will be perfect.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 09:57:48 pm »
Supporting You

Hey Michael...

Line up the blenders on the counter and make sure you have everything stocked up. LOL!

Take care of YOU!

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 10:04:55 pm »
Cuervo 1800
Gran Marnier
Maggie mix
Ice
Lime
Salt

Guess I already have everything.  Too many years of being a "bar goddess", it can't be any easier.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Eldon

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 10:12:05 pm »
Supporting You

Hey Michael...

You have got the TO DO list covered! LOL!

Take care of YOU!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 10:20:33 pm »
Taking gift cards for food and gifts from a food bank yet being able to buy top shelf liquor.... seems a bit.... wrong to me.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 10:46:30 pm »
Supporting You

Hey Michael...

No worry here. When it is a GIFT:

1 : a notable capacity, talent, or endowment
2 : something voluntarily transferred by one person to     another without compensation
3 : the act, right, or power of giving

You can DO whatever you wish to do with a GIFT.

Take care of YOU!

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 07:10:00 am »
Hey Eldon,

That sounds just like the Ethics Class I just completed.  There was a section on gifts to public officials.  Although I am not a public official, I am expected to vote on local issues and the expenditure of public funds.  Legal Counsil and all agencies I work with will agree that I have the right to accept this gift.

I can assume you are referring to the post before this one, it is not an issue with me as I have had this member on ignore for a month or longer.  Anyway, have the best day
Michael

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 09:33:40 am »
What a wonderful gift!  I got a coupon for a turkey, so I am jealous.  I'd much rather have margaritas!  Have a great day.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline Robert

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 01:27:10 pm »
Michael.

I should warn you, when it comes to Margaritas, I'm a two fisted drinker!

robert

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 01:40:08 pm »
Robert, I don't remember you ever saying you were into fisting? Two fisted too? You're the man.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 08:33:42 pm »
Yes, I AM Supporting You

Hey Michael...

Yes, you are correct. Your votes are ever so important for our cause. Continue to have that focus and to persevere through it ALL.

Robert & Rod...LOL! Ouch!

Enjoy your Holiday Season.

"Don't You Dare Give Up, Don't You Dare Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"

Offline Robert

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 11:52:03 am »
rod....

there is no way I can ever compete with our friend Jeromy. 

He's in a class of his own...although I think it's a completely different subject altogether.

robert

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 12:56:32 am »
I was in this club in Laguna Beach on a fine Summer day.  There was a small group of guys I sort of knew from L.A.  Everytime someone came in the door, these guys went on as if they knew the people... "Well HELLO! How Are YOU!" With every new person it was the same thing.

Finally I went to their table with,  Well HI! how are YOU!, I am so surprised to see YOU here today, I heard their was a fisting convention in San Diego and I just knew YOU would be there."   :o  Have the best day
Michael 

BTW- Robert... Now we know where you got thet FAB body.  It is the 8 oz curls at the new gym, Rainbow Cattle Company.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 01:36:25 am by Sonomabeach »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2006, 01:17:07 am »
Yes, I AM Supporting You!

Hey Michael...

Hello How are you? Good to hear from you today! LOL!

Don't You Dare Give Up, Don't You Dare Give In...Because It Is ALL Within YOU to WIN!

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2006, 01:52:50 am »
Hi Eldon,

I have had a lovely day today.  I have been trying to replace the belts on the car since 7:AM.  There is a place wher the human hand can either hold the tensioning spring or slip the belt over the alternator but not both at the same time, as required to complete the job.

I have used every four letter word I know and there is a stupid convertible which isn't going anywhere.  I know what I am going to do tomorrow... I going to find a rocket launcher online and change the planetary aspects with an American made car going orbital.  Do you happen to know anyone who may have such tools? 

At a higher level, one of the neighbors stopped by with some medicinal flowering herbs.  One of the great things about living on the Russian River is a little store where we can purchase such medicine.   Have the best day
Michael 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 02:02:18 am by Sonomabeach »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 02:15:48 am »

Hey Michael...

I KNOW exactly what you mean by the pain in the arse tension pulley for the belt. In the factory, they used a computer to sync the pulley and to get it on at the same time. The manf. did not take into consideration the poor guy out on a hot California day trying to change the belt himself.  It is a mother to get it on if you do not have the right tools to do the job. My heart goes out to you with this one as well.

I also see that you exercised your inner emotions by venting it all out, that's good you did not keep it on your chest. Now with planetary tools no. I do know someone who does surplus airplane parts though. LOL!

Now, with the medicinal flowering herbs, that sounds like it is a great HELP to your system if I am correct right? I believe you had briefly mentioned that back a while ago. It is good that the little store is in town so when we all go to the next AMG 07 we can pay them a little visit to find some goodies.

Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

Don't You Dare Give Up, Don't You Dare Give In...Because It Is ALL Within YOU to WIN!

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 02:41:57 am »
Hi Eldon,

That little herbalist... We have to have a prescription and a membership to get in.  There are much better places in San Francisco to pick up medicine.  There are two on Haight, across the street from each other that have better value and atmosphere.  Worth the drive.  There are a couple on Valencia (near Castro) and another on 21st st, that are really good.  Prescription is required at the door.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Eldon

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2006, 02:47:10 am »

Hey Michael...

Hhhmmm...You need to have a prescription? That's interesting. The stores in San Francisco sound like it would be a better choice out of the (4) four stores that you have mentioned.

So that little Herbalist is little huh? LOL!

Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 03:58:55 am by Eldon »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 09:31:23 am »

Michael,

I hope it's not too late!!  When making the next Margarita take a sip with me in mind!!

Thomas
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.