Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:46:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 538
Total: 539

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: oscar wilde the mouse passed away today  (Read 4499 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
oscar wilde the mouse passed away today
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:58:53 pm »
less than a week after his episode of getting lost in the house for an hour only to be found safe and sound inside my bookbag

he was at my father's and i just got a call telling me that he's died.

Oscar Wilde was taken from a girl that had purchased him from a petstore to show to the class for three minutes to accompany a mammal project we had to do. Afterwards, she was planning on feeding him to a snake, but the person who owned the snake had had the snake taken away, so she didn't know what to do with him. Terribly irresponsible.

I offered to take him home with me, and she agreed, and handed me the little box he was in, only to come back to me a few minutes later and ask for him back, saying she'd give him back to me at the end of the day because she wanted to show her friends at lunch. I disagreed with her, but she got pissy with me and said she could do what she wanted with him because she bought him, so I let her have him back, and then when she left after the bell rang, told my teacher about what she was planning on doing, and the mouse was confiscated from the girl and taken to the main office, where I picked him up at the end of the day.

The girl, the next day, made me pay for him. I paid. It didn't matter. I had him in my possession and he was safe.

I feel like I failed him. He was so young - much younger and a million percent more healthy than my other mouse, Morgan, who you all know very well - but still Morgan lives and Oscar, who had never been ill a day in his life, is dead. I wasn't ready for this.

his cute ass

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:02:07 pm by Mouse »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: oscar wilde the mouse passed away today
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 11:06:42 pm »
You gave Oscar a whole life, warm bedding, good food. He never had to gaze into the steely eyes of a snake. He never had to worry, or panic, or fear for his life. In your care, he was handled with gentle tenderness and true affection. I absolutely refuse to believe that these things escaped his attention.

You were a good man to take him in, and you filled his days with comfort, food, fun, and love. No creature on earth could ask for more, or better.

Scamper onward and upward, Oscar!

Scamper onward and upward, Jaser :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 11:45:05 pm »
Vale Oscar Wilde.

MtD

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 01:26:54 am »

Jaser,

Oscar had a great owner.  Even got to see the world a bit.  His spirit lives on!

much love,
brian

p.s. I really can't put into words how beautiful I think your stories about your mice are. :)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 03:16:25 am »
Oh Jaser..I know how much you love your pets, how lucky he was to have you.

Thinking of you.
Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Christine

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 10:44:12 am »
I am so sorry Jaser for your loss. You gave Oscar Wilde a wonderful life. You gave love, comfort, and a warm safe environment for him to live. Souls come and go into our lives, and even though they might be with us for a short time, they touch our lives forever.

With honor and respect to Oscar.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 11:07:41 am »
Jaser,
    I am sorry to read of the death of your mouse, Oscar. Doubtless that there will be people who find it unbelievable that a person could be affected by the passing of a creature such as a mouse. Don't let these people get you down. A hole in the heart is a hole in the heart, and hurts just the same, whether  that hole is in the shape of a mouse, a dog, or a horse. I hope that you can find some consolation in these admittedly ineffectual words. Be strong.

Lots of loving hugs for you my friend,
                                                                                                  Carl.
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 11:12:17 am »
Jaser,

Like the other responders here, I would wish his spirit good flight, and at the same time; thank you for giving a damn about the health and welfare of those creatures who are not particularly cared for in this land.  Jaser, you never cease to amaze me about how caring and thoughtful you are.  You are a true angel of mercy.

In Love and Awe.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 12:43:24 pm »
Oh Jaser, I'm so sorry.

Only a couple of days ago you reached out to me with wonderful words of comfort that I can only repeat back to you:

If everyone - human, animal, whatever - had someone that cared about them the way you cared for that mouse, can you imagine how much better the world would be?

I realise you were not with him when he died but like you said to me:

You did the right thing, you cared for it, and you loved it, and you gave it a chance, which is more than what an average person would do.

As well as echoing your own words I echo the words of the other posters here.

Jaser, you are much more than the average person.
You did not fail Oscar. You gave him a home and you gave him love. He knew that.

Thinking of you.

Melia :)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.