Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:31:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 229
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: To All Thats Going To Montreal  (Read 12878 times)

Offline Teresa

To All Thats Going To Montreal
« on: August 08, 2006, 07:45:39 pm »
To The Gang Going To Montreal,

I wish you all much happiness and joy as you all get together!

I will be praying for your safe journey there and your safe journey back home.

We expect lots, lots, lots, of pictures from your trip.

God Bless You All

Teresa

P.S. All my best on your wonderful day Ricke and Thom!!
Hugs and kisses to u both!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 07:48:10 pm by Teresa »
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: To All Thats Going To Montreal
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 07:49:43 pm »
You and Hubby just better start saving for next year.  I think a year is long enough to save up.  Ask me after our return, about a secret plan some of us in the "West" are brewing for AMG 07, and I bet you won't be able to say no........

Thanks for the Bon Voyage, and we will certainly keep you all posted.

In Love.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 10:05:23 pm »
Dear Teresa

Thank you so much...please know that we will be thinking of you and all the others who can't make it this year..we will be sharing so much with you when we get back you will be sick of looking at photos and listening to stories... :D

Start saving those pennies for next year.

hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:05:51 pm »
I'm going to be SO FREAKIN JEALOUS of you all!  I can't believe that I am not going!  I HATE missing out on things!!!  Damn it!

I know that you will all have a GREAT time in Montreal...............Oh and I want ALL of the juicy details and I mean ALL and JUICY!

Lisa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 10:07:37 pm »
Lisa I thought you were going! Aw man. I was looking forward to meeting all the Lisas.

Well, anyone who ever flies anywhere eventually goes through Atlanta. And that's where I live, so... look me up! :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 10:21:14 pm »
No Jonathan, I just started a new job and it just wouldn't be prudent for me to up and leave.......sucks to be responsible!!!!
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 10:21:18 pm »
Montreal????  I thought it was in Minneapolis...

Oh Shit!

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 10:24:18 pm »
Montreal?  I thought it was in Minneapolis...

You're close enough John..it's St.Paul.  :D

Thanks Lisa and Teresa..happiness and joy are indeed on the menu.  ;D

The Canuck

poznoregon

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 10:27:07 pm »
I agree with Lisa, I'm also "SO FREAKIN JEALOUS" and Hate to miss out on all the fun. But I do want to wish everyone of you'll the best time on your vacation to Montreal.  I'll be there for the next one, just let me know when and where. My bags are already packed and ready to go.

Doug.

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 10:28:57 pm »
I won't be there either, I'm still sulking.  >:(  ???  :'(

But next year...

Not just pictures but all the risque stories, please.

:-*
Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline joemutt

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 12:37:39 am »
Have a good time everybody!

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 02:55:43 am »
Teresa....

Sweetie...Thank you so much for your blessing.  I pray everyone arrives safely too.
 I am also confident that we shall all have a WONDERFUL time.
I, for one, fully intend to enjoy the hospitality that our brothers and sisters
from the forum, who have worked tirelessly to make this trip a very special EVENT .........
and of returning the favor (everybody gets a FRENCH KISSY).
Especially you Canuck ;D

Safe journey everyone.............

MONTREAL....HERE I COME....READY OR NOT
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Nadine

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 06:03:53 am »
Dear Family,

I too want to chime in and wish you all a safe journey.

I know that you all will be having the time of your lives. I read these threads about the gathering every day and hope that maybe next year I can join you.

This forum will sure be quiet for a few days.

Have a wonderful time!

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 09:40:31 am »
Nadine:

This forum will sure be quiet for a few days.

Like heck it will!  I intend to report every dirty little detail I can!  (Even if I have to make stuff up!  ;))

Thanks to all those who are wishing us safe travel and a great trip!   :-*

RAB

Offline Trish

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 09:46:31 am »
Thank you very much Teresa, Lisa, Doug, Jay, Joe & Nadine.

It would be even better if you all were going, but perhaps next year you all can make it.  I certainly hope so.

You know, last year in Toronto, the only women in attendance were myself and Jan.  This time around we've got some more women, like Lisa, Zeph, Jan's friend Jen and Dingo's friend Jen.  It would be fantastic if more ladies went to these gatherings 'cause we need all the help we can get keeping these guys in line. ;) ::)  Seriously though, I hope more of you will make it to the next one, making it bigger & better than ever. ;D  You know the old saying, "The more, the merrier!"

Thanks again for the good wishes & all.

We'll certainly keep you up to speed on the happenings and of course, you'll get all the juicy details -- Rocky is good for that, especially when he exaggerates.  He just so damned good at it. 8)

Love to you all,

Trish :-*
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 02:28:26 pm »
and of returning the favor (everybody gets a FRENCH KISSY).
Especially you Canuck 

David..originally Jeromy was supposed to have a '' kissing booth '' in the hotel lobby but unfortunately he cancelled his trip. However you seem a bit obsess with Frenck kissy so we might set it up for ya'... :P

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline david25luvit

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 02:41:43 pm »
Sorry.........Not another word.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 02:45:50 pm »
David,

It was a joke you know..so there's no need to be sorry.  ;D

The Canuck

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 05:49:41 pm »
Hi Teresa,

Thanks, dear for your well wishes on our journey to Montreal. I've got you and all the AM ladies tucked up close in a special heart-place, of that you can be sure!

Like Trishie said, we sure could use some more help with keeping our 'men' in line....we'll do our best without you, and hope more of us can be together next Gathering!

Love,

Zephyr :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 05:51:42 pm »
we sure could use some more help with keeping our 'men' in line....

We will behave...that is until the women are in bed..and RAB too.  ;D

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 06:27:17 pm »
So that means we only have to be good until about 9 pm which is Rocky's bedtime.  As to the women, well they partied just as hard in Toronto and I don't expect this will be any different.  We may even get Jan to see a real leather bar.

To all of you who cannot attend, thank you for your warm wishes.  If only we could all attend, but I promise to have pictures (including those with farm animals), the real "dirt" and enough embarrassing stories to have you all rolling in the aisles.

Just remember not to laugh too hard, because you'll all be fair game next year.

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 06:42:09 pm »
So that means we only have to be good until about 9 pm which is Rocky's bedtime.

This is easy since the big fun never starts before 10:30 - 11:00.  ;)

I thought I would be on vacation only tomorrow but I'm NOW officially on vacation..YAY.... After four days of checking my report I felt confident all was ok...and not unhappy of having it done since I worked almost 4 months on that thing. Their report is in the mail...my bill is in the mail...and only waiting the '' magic words ''...check is in the mail... ;D

I'm off until the 27th...YAY again...

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline david25luvit

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 06:52:36 pm »
Canuck.... 

You sound like me now....(sort of)
I signed the papers yesterday regarding my lawsuit and now I'm waiting for those magic words as well........
"The CHECKS in the mail..."   :o
Hope you get yours soon, Good Buddy!

In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 06:55:11 pm »
Hope you get yours soon, Good Buddy!

I should..insurance companies pay well..and already dealt with them in the past...I meant this specific company. It'll probably be waiting for me when I returned from the Montreal gathering.  :D

Hope your magic words will come soon too... :P

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline Trish

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 01:53:07 pm »
You know, last year in Toronto, the only women in attendance were myself and Jan.  This time around we've got some more women, like Lisa, Zeph, Jan's friend Jen and Dingo's friend Jen.  It would be fantastic if more ladies went to these gatherings 'cause we need all the help we can get keeping these guys in line. ;) ::) 

Sae, please forgive me... I just realized that I had not mentioned you.  I'm sorry.  And you know what?  You're actually the only one who I believe is capable of REALLY keeping these guys in line.  ;D  I can't wait to meet you. ;D  See you next week.

Hugs,

Trish :-*
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 03:38:15 pm »
Hi All you lucky kids who will be headed to Montreal. :)  You already know I'm jealous of you and wish I could join you but there will always be next year.  I'll think of you everytime I sign into the forums. With all of you gone it should be quiet and drama free for a few days. LOL I know you will but I hope you have a great trip full of healing, hope,new friends and unforgettable memories. I look forward to the stories and the pictures! Hopefully the pictures will include the Horn man because I'd like to see more of him!  :o

Hugs and my love to you all,
Jeff
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 03:41:34 pm by cmhjeff »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 07:58:43 pm »
Jeff

Thanks so much for your kinds words and well wishes.  We will have a great time, but lord knows it would have been even better (yes it's possible) if all  of us could have been there.  At least we'll have the cyber world connection, and you can bet we'll be checking in regularly and doing our best to keep everyone informed of who did what, when, and where (or whatever).

Stay tuned.   ;D

RAB

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 12:37:39 pm »
I also want to wish everyone that is going to Montreal all the best and a safe trip. Enjoy the get together and each other, Just make sure that a lot of pics and good stories come back with each of you, and make sure we all that can't be there here everything that goes on.I will keep you all in my prayers.

Love Wendy

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 01:04:07 pm »
Hello Wendy,

Many thanks for your good wishes and too bad you can't be there with all of us. I'm sure several persons will post pictures, stories,etc..but I'm afraid some of the stories will remain in Montreal, well I mean the '' juicy ones ''.  ;D

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline david25luvit

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2006, 01:19:19 pm »
I think I speak for Marc and myself when I say I feel very fortunate to be going to Montreal...
I thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes and look forward to sharing some wonderful
times with the group (like myself) who have been given this wonderful opportunity.  Oh boy!!!
Montreal here I come............ :P
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.