Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:24:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773265
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 324
Total: 325

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Having A "STOP THE WORLD, I WANT TO GET OFF" Day  (Read 5808 times)

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
Having A "STOP THE WORLD, I WANT TO GET OFF" Day
« on: June 08, 2006, 01:59:44 pm »
To My Forum Family....

So, earlier this week, I have to get my California truck smogged, and my favorite mechanic deems it a 'GROSS POLLUTER'. (It failed the test, and badly.) Seems the prior owner modified the freakin' system somehow, so, two years later, I inherit the problem he created. In all my years as a California driver, this has never happened to me, so now I'm embroiled in a world I know nothing about. (As if I need something else to deal with.) The major problem is, I can't renew my vehicle registration until I pass the smog test, which, in my case, is due next Wednesday, the day I fly outta here for the NIH trip.

I guess I have been flying too high lately, and the Universe decided I needed to come down a notch.

In that my major newspaper interview was happening the next day, and my attention was focused on PUBLIC DISCLOSURE, I couldn't deal with this issue. My next day was devoted to attending my first Planning Council Allocations Committee meeting in Sacramento, an effort that ate up three quarters of my entire day (1.5 hour commute down the hill, 3.5 hour meeting, 1.5 hour commute home), not to mention the encompassing distress over the subject matter of the meeting (Ryan White Funding, and the Federal Government's obvious 'Divide and Conquer" legislation...or, plainly said, "legislation written to spread the available funding to the point where NO funding will apply to anything or anywhere"...........!

On the way up the steep grade home, I start to hear a strange sound underneath the chassis of my truck. It is kind of a 'klunking sound', and the trany is obviously straining to climb the hill. I make it to my exit, and the truck stalls. I send up a plea to the Heavens to just get me to my house, while a 'sinking' feeling inside tells me I'm in deep doo-doo.

I make it home, call the mechanic, tell him I guess it's time for me to have a 'real world' crisis, and fall asleep from stress for three hours.

I decide when I wake up to take the damn day off today, I'm under way to much pressure, and I'm playing hooky. The DMV can wait until tomorrow, the mechanic can have my truck while I'm off in research land, and I'm sure the outcome of all this will be another huge bill, to add on to a long, long list of them. Just more people with their damn hands in my already empty pocket.

I don't usually post such personal info, but shit, I'm tired, and have soared the heights these past few months.

Even we activists and 'elite controllers' have reality smack us in the face, for goodness sake, I'm only human.

Thanks for reading, really just needed to vent.

Love to you,

Zephyr (who is very distressed right now :-[
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
Re: Having A "STOP THE WORLD, I WANT TO GET OFF" Day
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 02:24:57 pm »
Dearest Zephie

Wow, it's sounds like alot on your plate. I know how valiant you've been these past several months. For me when things pile up, I take a break when I can. Also, please just deal with one issue at a time. It's all do-able but first things first, take care of you !!!

As far as the universe, well what I can say. Being an 'elite conroller' too, there is still plenty of crapolla for us all. I remember when I was diagnosed as having Bi-polar disorder I felt I was doubly cursed. I'm over that. There has been and is always so much good in the world.

I know you were venting and that's good, remember that's what we're here for, Love and Support.

Ciao Bella
Your bro'
Paul xxxooo

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 02:43:05 pm »
Zeph,

Jesus, girl, when you do it, you do it up good!

I'm so sorry about your truck.  I'm still driving around on a "May" registration tag waiting till payday to take my smog test and get my new stickers.  I never can seem to get this done on time, so why break with tradition at this point, huh?   ;D

Sending you some "good vibrations" from the Bay to the Foothills, doll!

John

Offline Trish

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 03:45:21 pm »
When I read the title of this thread, my mind went right into the gutter...I thought you were talking about, well, you know... :o ;) :D ;D

Another bump in the road -- it happens to the best of us.

HANG TOUGH ZEPH, THIS TOO SHALL PASS... I hope real, real soon.

Try to relax, your entitled.  I hate seeing you run yourself ragged.  Take some me time and get some rest, read a book, listen to some soothing music, take a bath...a glass of wine out on the porch, etc.... if you know what I mean? ;) 8) ;D

If you need anything, we're here.

Rest up dear lady, you're deserving.

Love always,

T :-*

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline water duck

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 03:59:38 pm »
Dearest Zephyr,

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Here is hoping tomorrow will be better.

Siang

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 05:53:46 pm »
Thanks, people!

Love,

Zephie
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Markmt

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 06:07:12 pm »
Zephy darling, these occourances are a nuisance aren't they?. My pc's monitor is playing up got to bang it to go on (lol), my TV picture is shriniking  and my kitchen sink drain is leaking, to the point that I cannot wash any dishes at the moment......all in a matter of 2 days. I am just saying to myself what's next? ::)

Hope all be well soon sweetiepie,

hugs and  :-*'s

mark 
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 08:44:02 pm »
Dearest Zephie,

The State of California offers assistance in getting smog work done.  You need to provide them with a failed smog certificate and they will refer you to a mechanic of their choice and will pay up to $450.00 for the needed repairs.  This funding is based on low-income families, I will forward the phone number (toll free) after I get settled from my day with the AIDS Nutrient Bank meeting and the prep for tomorrows RWCA emergency meeting.  I will PM you with that number and the details on the program.  Have the best (better day)
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.