Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:18:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 328
Total: 329

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: True Blood: Season 5  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
True Blood: Season 5
« on: June 09, 2012, 06:52:09 pm »
Reminder

Still wondering if any of this will come to fruition this season...

I want some sexy southern teens, yeah.  Cause it would give the show a better sense of place. Teens and old people.  Also southern teens are charming. 
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: True Blood: Season 5
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 11:18:25 am »
Hopefully they will have beer breath.  According to our resident governess it is lak totally sexy and stuff.

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 12:26:01 pm »
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Lugzsoo

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 12:40:54 am »
Love true blood
Jason stack house  sookie bill  damn the new season

:D

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 06:55:34 am »
I don't know if it's because I haven't seen it in a while, but the first episode of Season 5 was actually very good, hopefully this is a sign of things to come because last season I was beginning to get bored about halfway through.

Offline MoMorrison

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 07:01:49 pm »
I LOVE Jason Stackhouse! Oh my....
Jan 2011 Tested HIV positive
01/2011 CD4 189 / VL 79,000
03/20/2012 CD4 133 (10%) / VL 46,000
03/28/2012 started bactrim ds
04/04/2012 started complera
05/24/2012 CD4 255 (17%) / VL 53
06/25/2012 stopped bactrim ds

Offline decayingsinner

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 06:21:55 pm »
One of the few reasons why I like summer..... True Blood!!! It was so nice to see it again.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 08:49:54 pm »
Not feeling it this time around.

The negatives:
- Sex scene featuring Eric and that new chick: stupid, unnecessary.  Three minutes wasted that could've been used on something else.
- Scene featuring Jessica and a bunch of drunk co-eds (oh look!! Teenagers with beer breath): stupid, unnecessary. About 5 minutes wasted.
- New character bothering Darlene's husband: not interesting.  Several minutes wasted.
- Did we really need to see a shot of Andy's ass? Mo'fucka is ugly as it is. Why do they waste scripts and screentime on this boring character?
- Really not thrilled by having that pastor guy back, even if he's a gay vampire.
- That storyline involving Sam, boring-ass Alcide, and that pack of werewolves: very meh!  Can we focus on the fucking vampires please?
- Jason Stackhouse is so fucking stoopid and boring. 

The good stuff:
- Pam: this bitch is funny as fuck. Her line about wearing Walmart couture was funneh.
- Turning Tara into a (sorta zombie) vampire.  Finally they'll give her a script where she's no longer a fucking victim.  And the fact that she's now linked to the fabulous Pam.
- The fact that the king is back (combined with having Chris Meloni as the head of the authoriteh).
- No silly witches or possessed babies this season.

Hoping it takes off this Sunday as Meloni's character is introduced and Tara's new "life" begins.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline HARLEY_B

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 11:29:03 pm »
 Knew I'd find a thread on here for people who enjoyed this show as much as I do! It is one of the highlights of the summer and, if you live in the South like I do, it looks like it's going to be  HOT MoFo. Like the previous posters, I love me some Jason Stackhouse although his story lines the last few seasons has been weak. It would help if they would show more of Alcide's fine tail! Hope the season continues to be a good one. Loving it so far!

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 04:17:58 am »
It's going to be one heck of a season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 12:51:18 pm »
The negatives:

The good stuff:
- Turning Tara into a (sorta zombie) vampire.  Finally they'll give her a script where she's no longer a fucking victim.  And the fact that she's now linked to the fabulous Pam.
- The fact that the king is back (combined with having Chris Meloni as the head of the authoriteh).
- No silly witches or possessed babies this season.
Wow! Solo just pointed us back to this thread from the one about the upcoming American Horror Story, and here by the end of the season of TB, your review still stands up - sadly because the story hasn't gone much of anywhere.

for the negatives throw in something about the redneck "obamas" and Hoyt and that list stays pretty complete

however I think some of your good stuff didn't turn out so well. Tara is still a victim and Meloni was killed off way early. Instead of possessed babies there was the ifrit; and instead of witches there was vampire religion.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.