Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:01:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 613
Total: 617

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just took my first dose of Stribild  (Read 4409 times)

Offline SomethingCleverHere

Just took my first dose of Stribild
« on: November 27, 2013, 01:15:40 pm »
My viral load is 89,000. CD4 is 264. Just recently diagnosed 10/28/13 (probably infected a couple of years ago).

I'm wondering what I can expect with Stribild, because I know these drugs are very powerful, and they work very quickly. I took it mid-day with a fatty meal. I plan on taking it around lunch time each day because that's when I always eat the most, and that will guarantee the best adherence because I always eat about the same time at work.

I'm mainly curious about how I'm going to "feel" for the first month or so (pretty terrible?) when the drug is doing the most work. Although I guess I'll know soon enough.

Thanks!

Offline wolfter

Re: Just took my first dose of Stribild
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 02:02:13 pm »
Although I've never taken this drug, it's pretty safe to say that no one can predict exactly how you will react to it.  It's all individualized.  I've provided this link in case you want to check out some of the possible side affects and such.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

Wolfie

http://www.aidsmeds.com/archive/stribild_elvitegravir_cobicistat_2716.shtml
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:08:02 pm »
Thanks. =)

So far so good...no odd side effects (after just two days).

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 08:48:43 pm »
I felt much better after 5 days on meds, alive even, I strarted with a CD4 count of around 180 - matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 08:32:25 pm »
This was day four, I still feel the same (which is fine...I've never felt sick). Only side effects are diarrhea started day 3, and then about 30-45 minutes after I take the pill I have some stomach pains that go away after half an hour. Now I'm eagerly awaiting my 12/23/13 labs.

Offline Rhaegar

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 11:25:02 pm »
It's also good to keep in mind that noticed side effects might just be something you're more aware of now that you're taking a medication.  It's not necessarily the Stribild.

I don't really think about the med anymore, other than that I need to take it before I head to sleep.
05/19/2011: Diagnosed.  CD4 159   VL 284,000.
04/29/2013:  CD4 789,   VL <20

Offline bear60

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 02:38:31 pm »
Diarreah often caused by fatty foods...fried foods, too much cheese ( my nemisis is gouda and crackers)  or even an afredo sauce thats very buttery.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline MountainSailor

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 09:36:39 pm »
I was diagnosed in August of this year.  Initial labs were VL 32,500 and CD4 of 469.  I started Stribild on Oct 24th.  The good news is that I had virtually no side effects of Stribild.  There were a few days the first week or two of slightly "soft stools".  Don't even know if this was due to the meds or just what I was eating...it was almost non-existent.

After one month on Stribild, I got first labs back a couple weeks ago.  VL of 51 (a couple more days and it would have been UD) and CD4 of 730.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.