Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:37:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 230
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Any interest in an aidsmeds Skype/IM Club thingie  (Read 32846 times)

Offline Cliff

Re: Any interest in an aidsmeds Skype/IM Club thingie
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2006, 09:41:31 am »
(It's got dualing processors or something like that.  Theres 2 g's (grannys?) RAM. 100 g (granny driving hard) and cool blue glowy lights all over the key board!  (I think it's an HP--don't know for sure frankly).  Oh Yeah it's also got a nice wide screen!
I'm sorry.  How does someone who kept his computer for like 20 years, goes out and buys a top of the line, dual processor, 2MB Ram, widescreen laptop? 

Hmmmm, I gotta a nice, white shirt I'd like to sell you in Montreal.  It's made by Franck Somebody...

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2006, 09:42:28 am »
Well, someone call me.
 :D

Since Matty doesn't want to hurry up and get his microphone fixed I'm stuck with you guys.  :P

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2006, 09:42:42 am »
Cliff,

Not dumb..let's say a lack of attention.  ;)

The Canuck

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2006, 09:45:13 am »
How does someone who kept his computer for like 20 years, goes out and buys a top of the line, dual processor, 2MB Ram, widescreen laptop?

Most likely it'll be a '' white shirt story ''....he thinks he paid $600. but his credit card bill will be $1800.  :-X

The Canuck

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2006, 04:37:58 pm »
Oooh i've signed up i'm chris.cooney82 someone give me a shout when theres another of these conference calls going on and i'll join in if i'm about!
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2006, 11:05:03 pm »
I am mediaman06

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2006, 11:09:26 pm »
Having thought long and hard, and going for the subtle yet original ... I am jkinatl2 :)
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2006, 11:16:25 pm »
There were too many Canucks...so mine is bakc56.

The Canuck

Offline Teresa

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2006, 01:36:53 am »
Hubby bought me a mic so im hoping to download it tomorrow. I know im new and all but i would love to talk to you guys so i hope some of u will be willing to talk to me.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2006, 03:21:24 am »
1.  Ray and Rocky, just buy a damn computer for the love of God.  Yall acting like you're purchasing a wife from Russia.  To make things easier for you.  I have decided that you both should get a Dell (Dingo got one recently).  I've included a link to Dell below.  You get a computer for as cheap as $299 (monitor excluded).

I am getting there Cliff !! :)  Checking out a couple more places in the morning. I need to get off the computer now, so I can get some sleep. I am a very cautious shopper. I am hoping the next computer, will last as long as this one has.

I was also thinking Lap-top.....

Take care-------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline TedEBearNC

• ~Cuddly~
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2006, 01:57:56 pm »
Signed up as tedebearnc, naturally.  :)
Member since March 2004

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2006, 02:09:41 pm »
I had a wonderful conversation with Mr. Canuck yesterday. What a dear, and genteel man he is. I am really growing to love having this Skype.
I also got the opportunity to talk with Jaser the other night. Love ya ratboy! ;)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2006, 04:37:17 pm »
i signed up at skype...im teresa.48  would love to talk to you guys.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Markmt

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2006, 05:47:34 am »
Hi Teresa, I am going to add you soon :). It was really great chatting to Canuk (just like Lisa explained) and to adoptable Jaser (we had no problem with the mice lingo did we?......hope we will be able to chat again soon (when in the mood :)) . I think one on one conversation is best.Its been great to put a voice to the name, I feel I know you all better.
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2006, 12:00:03 pm »
It was indeed very interesting to have conversation with Lisa ( many thanks for the kind words ), Jan and Markmt. All three were interesting and extremely pleasant to talk to. At least I will feel less like a stranger to some persons at the AMG 06 in Montreal.  ;)

Now about the system itself, overall it works pretty well and done my first short test with Rocky. The reception was excellent ( like talking over the phone ) and possibly because we're both on DSL. The conversation with Lisa and Jan were a bit lesser in terms of quality but still very good. It was a bit tougher with Markmt as I had to concentrate a lot sometimes to be sure what he was exactly saying, his voice sounded a bit '' metallic '' in my speakers. I don't know what type of internet connections they have. However it might be possible the reception quality might vary from one day to another, still this is an excellent tool considering the cost ( totally free ).

The Canuck

P.S. I ignored Rocky in my introduction although he was my first test with this Skype system. It was very brief and since I talked to him over the phone several times we knew each other a bit. He's really a very nice man, funny and always a pleasure to talk to him.

P.P.S. I was a bit afraid not to mention him..he can be bitchy sometimes.  8)

Offline Cliff

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2006, 12:18:24 pm »
he can be bitchy sometimes
ain't that the truth!   :P

Offline Markmt

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2006, 06:07:01 pm »
It was a bit tougher with Markmt as I had to concentrate a lot sometimes to be sure what he was exactly saying, his voice sounded a bit '' metallic '' in my speakers.

I  A M  A  R O B O T  C A N U K ;D...looking forward to chat again.

Lisa  :-*.........my cold platter tasted delicious after chatting with you

hugs to all
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline Cliff

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2006, 06:16:58 pm »

I am getting there Cliff !! :)  Checking out a couple more places in the morning. I need to get off the computer now, so I can get some sleep. I am a very cautious shopper. I am hoping the next computer, will last as long as this one has.

I was also thinking Lap-top.....

Take care-------Ray
Okay Ray....Rocky has impulsed shopped and bought his.....where's your laptop?

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2006, 05:16:12 pm »
Talked to Claude today as well.  Great Guy!  He even got a little extra bonus!  ;)

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2006, 05:17:23 pm »
Yeah it was great and for the bonus..well....I turned blind.  8)

The Canuck

Offline Stang5_0

• Stang's Garage
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2006, 06:10:02 pm »
Mine is of course Stang5_0

Please feel free to add me :)
Stang5_0

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2006, 12:19:17 am »
OK   
I'm in  ... Been Skyping about with some others so why not  ALL....   Im ' Lfiver2006'   be talkin to ya..
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2006, 12:30:37 am »
Lwood, you tried to ring me and my slype crashed :)

Of course, I was perusing the hotties on myspace, so opening fifty web pages might hae had something to do with it :)
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2006, 06:22:02 pm »
I obviously still don't understand this.

I was reading stuff here, when something made a noise and a box opened up and said something about . . . .well I thik it said spank a cowboy, but then it was gone.

So I clicked on the skype thingy, and said hello, but no one was there.

And that's another thing I don't understand.  When I click on people's names, I hear this boinky boiny oink, says it connecting, but then nothing happens, no one ever picks up the other end, soon a box opens that says so and so aint wanting to talk to you.  (Should I take that personally?)

Is there a tutorial or something that explains how this stupid ass thing works?

RAB

(who's getting mad as hell and he aint goona take it no more!)

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2006, 06:26:15 pm »
RAB,

If the person you are calling is not connected then it's not ringing on his side...so you can't get any answers in cases like that. You can actually see if your contacts are connected or not. At this moment I'm connected and your not..so I can't call you up.

Get connected..and ring me..we'll see what happens.  ;)

The Canuck

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2006, 07:34:08 pm »
http://clarkhoward.com/shownotes/2006/07/10/

Cliff

I thought SKYPE could only be from computer to computer.  (I know I know)   But apparently from now till the end of the year, people using SKYPE can not only call from computer to computer, but now they can call land lines and cell phones too--FOR FREE.  (Does that include 1-900 #'s?  He He He  :D)  Am I the only one who didn't know THAT part?  :-[

RAB

(Who is learning)

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2006, 09:30:08 pm »
I need to get Rasheen on this.  I miss her a lot.   :'(  :'(  :'(

I missed you too! Unfortunately, my mom's computer is ancient and she has dial up. I will have to give it a try when I get back home. I can't wait to try it!

~Rasheen :)

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2006, 10:41:06 am »
Sniff :-[

Boo hoo, you guys are having all the damn fun.

The phone company keeps me in this dinosaur mode (gee whiz, Cliff). DSL is not available in my foothills community yet.

Zeph
(who would love to join the party)
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2006, 07:37:38 pm »
Hey it was super easy on my mac just drag- alisenjafi is my name
Cheers
Johnny
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2006, 09:09:21 pm »
Hi Johnny,
I walked through the room, and saw your message on my Skype thingy. I started to call you, but you signed off too quickly.
I'd still love to talk with you. :-*
Lisa
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Christine

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2006, 02:51:45 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I signed up too. I am christine4M

Would love to talk to everyone!
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.