Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:29:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772786
  • Total Topics: 66297
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 192
Total: 194

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'ma walkin' in the rain...tears are fallin' and I feel the pain...  (Read 1535 times)

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
Actually, no....but I am listening to Del Shannon right now so the title seemed to fit.

So I digress.

Now Regina Spektor is drowning my eardrums and my cushie headphones are cradleing my lobes. 

"Someone said the local lake had been enchanted
Others said it must have been the weather
The neighbours were trying to keep it quiet
But I swear, I could hear the laughter
So they jokingly nicknamed it ‘The Porridge’
It was overnight that lake turned as thick as butter
But the local kids would still go swimming, drinking
Saying that to them it doesn’t matter

If you just hold in your breath till you come back up in full
Hold in your breath till you’ve thought it through, you fool

The genius next door was bussing tables
Wiping clean the kechup bottle labels
Getting high and mumbling German fables
Didn’t care as long as he was able
To strip his clothes off by the dumpsters
At night while everyone was sleeping
And wade midway into that ‘Porridge’
Just him and the secret he was keeping

Hold in your breath till you come back up in full
Hold in your breath till you’ve thought it through, you foolish child

Hold
Hold

In the morning, the film crews start arriving
With coffee, donuts and reporters
The kids were waking up hungover
The neighbours were starting up there cars
The garbagemen were emptying the dumpsters
Atheists were praying full of sarcasm
And the genius next door was sleeping
Dreaming that the antidote was orgasm

Hold in your breath till you come back up in full
Hold in your breath till you’ve thought it through, you foolish child"

Wow. Still one of the best songs I've heard in a long time.

ANYWAY. This post has a point.

Does anyone know of any good schools in Seattle? I'm heading that way in the fall and this summer I will be going out there to check things out.  I'll have my 2 year degree but I want to continue and I was looking through the schools online but it's a but overwhelming. In any case, a little input on Seattle and the surrounding area would be kosher.

Thanks alot!

-jenn

"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline RapidRod

Re: I'ma walkin' in the rain...tears are fallin' and I feel the pain...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 05:57:36 pm »
If winters depresses you, clouds, and rain for days on end. Then, Seattle is not where you want to go.

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
Re: I'ma walkin' in the rain...tears are fallin' and I feel the pain...
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 06:17:48 pm »
Hahahah I live in Northern Michigan....Winters don't bother me..;)
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.