Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:55:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 626
Total: 629

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Positive and Negative Sexual relationships.  (Read 3419 times)

Offline insatiable1973

Positive and Negative Sexual relationships.
« on: September 01, 2009, 08:43:41 pm »
Recently I met a man who is negative and is fully aware that I am positive, he wants to take it to the next level and though I have read and read and read educating myself I am still very newly diagnosed and have not encountered this situation. So my questions are do we both need to use condoms?, is masturbating one another safe with out some sort of protection?, I guess I have alot of questions un answered and though I read all the time it seems like i get conflicting statements. Please help.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Positive and Negative Sexual relationships.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 08:57:01 pm »
So my questions are do we both need to use condoms?, is masturbating one another safe with out some sort of protection?

Hello insatiable and welcome aboard,

There are various studies dealing with sero-discordant couples; if you try any web search with just that term you may get some valuable info.

You may also want to read this thread within our boards:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=15891.0

As far as your specific questions are concerned, there would be no risk in mutual masturbation (and no need for you to wear protection for that specific activity).  You will however need to use protection for anal or vaginal (sorry, can't tell from your post if you are a fella or a lady) intercourse.

From personal experience I can tell you that I dated someone who was positive (back in 94, when I was still negative) for three years and we did not have any problems with sex.  Now that I have recently become positive I decided to end a relationship (the best of my life) with someone who is negative simply 'cause I feel a greater need to take care of myself first.  If it is meant to be we will be together again later on.

Keep reading, but in the ned just trust your feelings (and whatever you consider is best for you now).

Best of luck.  Keep us posted :)
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline insatiable1973

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 09:00:24 pm »
Thank you for responding, I am a woman. So should I need to use a female condom along with his condom?

Offline sdguyloveslife

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 09:13:26 pm »
One condom when used properly is suitable - in your case, you can choose which one you like better.  In fact, when you start doubling up on them is when you get condom breakage and failure.  You'll also see this noted in some of the other threads on here as you browse the website.  Have fun  ;D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 09:15:29 pm by sdguyloveslife »
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Offline Dale Parker

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 10:11:54 pm »
I admire your courage.  I'm 6 months positive and think that I would be a nervous wreck to have sex with a negative.  I do have a friend that is negative and his lover has been positive since before they met.  They dated for 3 years and have been living together for 12 years.  My friend is still negative and from what I hear they have a very active sex life.  Yes they do practice safe sex.
Apr 09  CD4 21, CD4/CD8 ratio 0 VL 500,000+
July 09 CD4 158, CD4/CD812% VL 750
Oct 09 CD4 157 CD4/CD8 14% VL UD
Feb 10 CD4 197, CD4/CD8 11% VL UD
May 10  CD4 252 CD4/CD8 12% VL UD
Aug 10 CD4 211 VL UD
Nov 10 CD4 272 CD4/CD8 0.138 VL UD

Offline weasel

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 11:28:03 pm »
Hullo   IN.  :)

I say go for it !

I have been with my HUSBAND  for 28  years now !

He is NOT  HIV !   He does NOT believe in safe sex , this annoyes me .....................
that is another storey ........................................

BUT do not let HIV get in the way of your life !

LIVE LIVE LIVE

I met a couple at our  group last night that have been married  21 years !
 She is HIV POS.   He  is NOT
They have a great life together !

Be safe , WE do not want to spread HIV , BUT give him a shot !

Safe sex and be happy !

wishing you a great time :)
                                                 Carl
" Live and let Live "

Offline insatiable1973

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 10:03:36 pm »
Want to thank everyone for your responses. Ok so here it is last night we went no further than masturbating each other, today he noticed that he has a cut on his finger so we are both wondering if he will become infected over it, I know these questions probably sound ridiculous however, I don't want to be responsible for him or anyone for that matter becoming positive. Should we be worried?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 06:32:04 am »
insatiable,

No, fingering is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv infection. All you two really need to be doing is making sure you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no matter who you're with. Please read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

You might also ask your bf to read through the Am I Infected forum so he can get a better idea of what is and what is not a risk. Sexually speaking, the only real risks are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline insatiable1973

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 10:54:59 am »
Thank you Ann,

Not to be a thorn but even with the cut on his finger there is no risk?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 01:32:19 pm »
Insatiable,

Even with the cuts. I used to be in a relationship with a negative man who was in the building trade. He often had cuts on his hands. We were together for over eight years and he's still hiv negative to this day. Nobody has ever been infected through fingering with cuts and your fella is NOT going to be the first.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline insatiable1973

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 01:40:15 pm »
Thank you Ann,

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.