Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:37:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 531
Total: 532

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: From the mouths of babes ...  (Read 4089 times)

Offline DanielMark

From the mouths of babes ...
« on: June 15, 2006, 04:02:43 pm »
Just got these in an e-mail from boyfriend Jimmy.

MELANIE (age 5) asked her Granny how old she was. Granny replied she was so old she didn't remember any more. Melanie said, "If you don't remember you must look in the back of your panties. Mine says five to six."

JACK (age 3) was watching his Mom breast-feeding his new baby sister. After a while he asked: "Mom why have you got two? Is one for hot and one for cold milk?"

STEVEN (age 3) hugged and kissed his Mom goodnight. "I love you so much, that when you die I'm going to bury you outside my bedroom window."

BRITTANY (age 4) had an earache and wanted a painkiller. She tried in vain to take the lid off the bottle. Seeing her frustration, her Mom explained it was a childproof cap and she'd have to open it for her. Eyes wide with wonder, the little girl asked: "How does it know it's me?

DI (age 4) stepped onto the bathroom scale and asked: "How much do I cost?"

MARC (age 4) was engrossed in a young couple that were hugging and kissing in a restaurant. Without taking his eyes off them, he asked his dad: "Why is hewhispering in her mouth?"

CLINTON (age 5) was in his bedroom looking worried. When his Mom asked what was troubling him, he replied, "I don't know what'll happen with this bed when I get married. How will my wife fit in?"

JAMES (age 4) was listening to a Bible story His dad read: "The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked back and was turned to salt." Concerned, James asked: "What happened to the flea?"

TAMMY (age 4) was with her mother when they met an elderly, rather wrinkled woman her Mom knew. Tammy looked at her for awhile and then asked,"Why doesn't your skin fit your face?

The Sermon I think this Mom will never forget... "Dear Lord," the minister began,with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. "Without you, we are but dust." He would have continued, but at that moment the very little daughter (who was listening!) leaned over to the mom and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice,

"Mom, what’s butt dust?"
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: From the mouths of babes ...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 08:53:44 pm »
 :D..don't you just love innocence of kids.

Many years ago I took one my daughter to the Ballet at our local threatre...which had been organised by the school..one of the little girls who was looking a bit confused turned round and asked my daughter "why has that man got a big lump in his tights" and my daughter (who thought she knew it all) said " Good grief, don't you know anything, that's what the lady stands on when he lifts her up"..she was 6 years old. ;D

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 09:14:29 pm »
 ;D LOL that is so funny. Kids do say the darnest things!

Hugs
teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 11:33:19 am »
Daniel...indeed they do.  Say the darnest things.  I remember watching Art Linkletter where he asked
children different questions and was often times quite surprised by their responses.
Thanks for the chuckle :-*

Cute one about the lump :P
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 03:53:33 am »
There a couple of brothers in my building - I'd guess ages three and 5 - who find me rather curious. I believe there is no father in their household, and their mother is deaf. Whenever they see me in the lobby they immediately pepper me with "whys." Why are you listening to music under headphones? Can I hear? Why do you have hair on your face? Followed by attempts to pick at it. They also like to call me names, which makes me laugh. "You're a giraffe." "You're a monkey head," and so forth. I don't mind. I find them downright amusing, in fact.

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Markmt

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 06:29:30 am »
 ;D Very funny, and coming from innocent kids makes them more so.
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 07:00:29 am »
Yes, kids are great.

At the same time, I find it rather sad that they seem so hungry for male attention in their lives. I tell you, you haven't lived till you've been head-butted in the gut by a five year old. LOL

VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 07:33:17 am »
Well, ok, what IS butt-dust ???  :D

I used to love that Art Linkletter show and I was going to ask if anyone else remembered it ... obviously David does!

This reminds me of the time my daughter and I were walking in some nearby woods that have a river running through them. There is a coastal bird here that is in the Cormorant family, but this particular species is called a Shag. Now, the word shag is also British slang for intercourse.

So my daughter and I were walking down the path next to the river when I saw a Shag standing on a rock in the middle of the river. They are pretty big, impressive birds to see in the middle of the woods. I said to my daughter, who was about eight at the time, "Look, there's a shag!"

Here eyes got wide and she sputtered... "but I thought a shag was a ... was a ... oh, nevermind!" She turned bright red as I tried not to laugh! "A shag is also a sea-bird, dear." I replied, and left it at that. :D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.