Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:19:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 470
Total: 472

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ways to lower cholesterol  (Read 12774 times)

Offline john33

ways to lower cholesterol
« on: December 31, 2009, 01:20:22 pm »
i've just received my first labs and everything is good, exept cholesterol.

apparently at 290 it isn't a crisis, have always been as thin as a rake and thought i could eat just about anything.
The doctor told me to cut out butter, i don't think i eat badly, red meat once a week fruit and veg virtually every day, rice pasta and avoid fast food like the plague( i always feel more hungry afterwards.

But would like to get this under control now rather thna later as there's a history of heart attacks and strokes in my family.

If anyone has any suggestions i would be really grateful

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Re: ways to lower cholesterol
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 04:03:52 pm »
Omega-3 supplements are very good as is getting enough fiber (fiber helps clear out all the grease). Try eating more fish, especially salmon, tuna, sardines and mackerel.

Getting the proper amount of exercise also helps.

One of the most cholesterol-friendly approaches when eating is the so-called "Mediterranean Diet."

Key components of the Mediterranean diet include:

Getting plenty of exercise
Eating a generous amount of fruits and vegetables
Consuming healthy fats such as olive oil and canola oil
Using herbs and spices instead of salt to flavor foods
Eating small portions of nuts
Drinking red wine, in moderation, for some
Consuming very little red meat
Eating fish or shellfish at least twice a week

LINKS:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mediterranean-diet/CL00011

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4644
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:07:53 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline weasel

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 06:33:58 pm »
Hey John  ,
                  See if you can find  BISON  meat at your local store !

WE  eat  very Mediterranean   , It is fairly easy having grown up with an Italian MOM  :)

Back to the BISON !  My partners  cholesterol dropped by 30 points after we switched

to BISON !  We make Burgers , Meatballs , the steaks are great ! Prime roast are DeVine !

I have found reducing SUGAR helps a lot  !  Sugar also depletes the immune system !

Moderation is the key !

I am fairly  active and have never had a # over  165 !  This is just luck on my part !

I do NOT  eat  coldcuts , maybe once in a blue moon  :o , OH MY ! a blue MOON is out ...   LOL

Had turkey and Swiss for dinner with a large salad .

I have switched to brown rice ! It is very good !

Also I try to use  rice noodles  and I try to cook with out gluten . At least  cutting back !

My partner has always been thin ,He is NOT HIV ,But his cholesterol goes through the roof !

I will never give up butter ! ever ! 

WE eat mostly home cooked food , as fresh as I can do , WE live 40 miles from a major store .

I hope you get you numbers 's down  :)

Be well , Happy New Year !

Carl

P.S. Walking does wonders for many ailments
" Live and let Live "

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 09:10:52 pm »
(wrong discussion - soz) - matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline UK_SL

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 03:48:26 am »
You can buy cholesterol lowering drinks, yogurts and spreads now, and they really do work. I've been using them for about 6 months and my cholesterol has more than halved. They are quite cheap to buy too.
05/10/2009 ~ DIAGNOSED, CD4 = 8
22/10/2009 ~ CD4 = 11/VL = 430,000, STARTED ATRIPLA and SEPTRIN
26/11/2009 ~ CD4 = 121/VL = 840
22/12/2009 ~ CD4 = 184 (6%)/VL = 340
11/03/2010 ~ CD4 = 177 (12%)/VL = 72
01/07/2010 ~ CD4 = 247 (12%) VL = 76
20/01/2011 ~ CD4 = 350 / VL = 29

Offline bufguy

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 07:56:47 am »
My cholesterol is down to 167 from 189 a year ago. I've driopped about 15 lbs. (I'm now 180 lbs, 6-1). I also take 2 fish oil capsules and 1 niacin each day. I'm not the best eater in the world, but I don't eat much red meat, butter, cheese, no eggs and I exercizie 60 min every day. Plus I have no family history of heart disease.
Also check your HDL, LDL and triglcyerides. A high HDL and low triglyceride level can mitigate a higher overall cholesterol figure
5/29/08 confirmed HIV+
6/23/08 Vl 47500  CD4 511/29% CD8 .60
start atripla
8/1/08 Vl 130  CD4 667/31% CD8 .70
9/18/08 Vl un  CD4 not tested
12/19/08 Vl un CD4 723/32% CD8 .80
4/3/09 Vl un CD4 615/36% CD8  .98
8/7/09 vl un CD4 689/35% CD8 .9
12/11/09 vl un CD4 712/38% CD8 .89
4/9/10 vl un CD4 796/39% CD8 1.0
8/20/10 vl un CD4 787/38% CD8 1.0
4/6/10 vl un CD4 865/35% CD8 .9
8/16/10 vl un CD4 924/37% CD8 1.0
12/23/10 vl un CD4 1006/35% CD8 .9
5/2/10 vl un CD4 1040/39% CD8 .9
8/7/13 vl un CD4 840/39% CD8 .
11/29/18 vl un CD4 1080/39% CD8  .86

Offline john33

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 01:30:21 pm »
thanks for the advice folks, i'll try eating a more mediteranian diet it hink.

Carl i didin't realisethat sugar help deplete the immune system!!!! i know it's no good for my teeth and the energy burst only lasts 10 mins. Do you know if honey has the same effect? have been thinking of using that as a sweetener for some time and realy can't face a tea without something (sad i know lol). can't do the Bison meet thing as i have serious doubts that i'll get it over here.

Anyway Happy New Year to everyone

John

Offline tokyodecadence

• A one room disco.
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 03:12:31 pm »
Oatmeal! I like plain, unsweetened oatmeal with organic peanut butter, raisins, and soymilk. My cholesterol is perfect (as it should be, I'm only 23).
[.Fodão.]

Offline weasel

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 10:54:49 pm »
Hey John !
                    RAW  honey  is what i will   eat !

I use it in coffee and tea  , over oatmeal    ETC.

The honey  MUST   say   RAW   or  it has been heated and is no better than sugar !

Same goes for orange juice !

Fresh squeezed  orange juice good ! , container of juice =  raw sugar !

Sugar depletes Calcium in the teeth and bones !  and SUCKS   the energy and Nutrients

out of our body's to lower are immune system !

Be well ,   
                                         Carl
" Live and let Live "

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 07:58:53 am »
About the honey - we were told that Mim should never eat honey because of the botchalism (sp?) it could contain.  They do make sugar-free honey that's not really honey.

Also, if looking for a good artificial sweetner, try stevia or truvia.  They are both plant dirived instead of chemical dirived.  You can get it from a bulk food or health food store.  Just make sure that it doesn't have any additives.  There are also plant dirived vitamens that are easier for your body to absorb.

Good luck with your levels.  So far, cholesterol and triglycerides are battles we've yet to conquer.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline marymatoon69

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 01:55:38 pm »
i've just received my first labs and everything is good, exept cholesterol.

apparently at 290 it isn't a crisis, have always been as thin as a rake and thought i could eat just about anything.
The doctor told me to cut out butter, i don't think i eat badly, red meat once a week fruit and veg virtually every day, rice pasta and avoid fast food like the plague( i always feel more hungry afterwards.

But would like to get this under control now rather thna later as there's a history of heart attacks and strokes in my family.

If anyone has any suggestions i would be really grateful

Eat fish and omega-3 fatty acids - research in the Norwegian University of Science discovered that individuals with diabetes type 2 who consumed high doses of omega-3 fatty acids over nine weeks lowered the dimensions and concentration of several lipoprotein subclasses (cholesterol) within their bodies.

Eat black soybeans - research in the Journal from the Science of Food and Agriculture implies that black soybeans might help prevent obesity, lower Cholesterol levels, and lower the danger for diabetes type 2.

Eat pomegranate juice - a National Academy of Sciences study demonstrated that pomegranate juice lowers cholesterol plaque accumulation and increases nitric oxide supplement production (nitric oxide supplement helps reduce arterial plaque).

Eat natural yogurt with live active cultures (probiotics) - Vicki Koenig, MS, RD, CDN said “several research indicates how the probiotics Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Lactobacillus Reuteri really help lower cholesterol levels. They work by stopping the reabsorption of cholesterol towards the bloodstream.”

You may be an individual who is predisposed to high cholesterol levels, or possibly your diet plan can use a shape-up. Here are some tips on cholesterol which i attempt to concentrate on:

* LDL or “bad” cholesterol deposits itself about the walls of the arteries, forming plaques which make them hard and narrow. HDL or “good” cholesterol removes excess LDL inside your blood and brings it for your liver for disposal. The greater HDL you take in, the less LDL you’ll have inside your blood.
    * You might need medication in lowering your cholesterol, but eating a heart-healthy diet and becoming exercise are necessary.
    * Everyone ought to have their cholesterol checked-it doesn’t matter if you're young/old, female/male, or thin/overweight.

Resources:
-
- The Mediterranean Diet 
- WebMD 
- Msnbc 

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 03:50:12 pm »
Okay

right discussion...

Cholesterol, ie total cholesterol is not good enough on it's own.

Depending on the authority, its total/HDL cholesterol ratio or total cholesterol and HDL cholesterol absolute counts that are important:

The American Heart Association (AHA) page on this is here:

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4500

The AHA goes for absolute counts ion total cholesterol and HDL, but my doc is into the ratio. I think it is an undecided point.

Plus, overall, it's your 10-year risk of heart disease/heart attack that matters. Cholesterol is an important but not major factor in this. Family history, age, gender, smoking etc are bigger factors. There is a calculator (Framingham):

http://hp2010.nhlbihin.net/atpiii/calculator.asp

Me, I went freetarian (no meat at home), drank less and exercised more. A statin is always an option.

Treatment for HIV is generally more protective than not.

Not using abacavir in your HIV treatment will also be better for your heart attack risk.

I know, from many funerals, the way my family goes is heart attack/stroke. Not cancer, not dementia etc. Both on me mum's side and me dad's. I really should STOP SMOKING (<< note to self matt, do it).

Hope this helps.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 05:05:01 pm »
Matt, note: STOP SMOKING.

The good thing I have found about addressing cholesterol problems is how quickly the numbers go down when you change eating habits.

John, keep us posted on what works and what doesn't.

Good luck!
Andy Velez

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 07:33:39 pm »
Hi,

I posted this a while back, in another thread, so I'll repost it  here.  This is the diet the VA nutritionist placed me on.  

It's tough making dietary changes, but once you get on a plan and stick with it, it gets a lot easier.

As mentioned, if your smoking, you should quit.  This will also help.

This is the plan I started on  around June 12th 10:

The cardiac diet, has been ordered by your doctor to help treat and prevent heart disease. Limiting fat and cholesterol in your diet will help prevent buildup of fatty substances along your blood vessels. Fiber can bind cholesterol and help decrease blood cholesterol levels.

Animal fat:  is found in most whole milk dairy products, and whole milk cheese.  Animal fat consists of saturated fat and cholesterol.

Saturated fats:  Are usually solid at room temperatures, and can raise your blood cholesterol levels, and should be limited.

Cholesterol : Is a waxy fat that your body needs for many key functions.  Your body makes the amount of cholesterol that it needs.  You also get cholesterol from eating foods.

Vegetable fats:  Come from plants. They are usually liquid at room temperature.  Vegetable oils ( corn,cottonseed, safflower, sesame seed , soybeen and sunflower seed)  are high in polyunsaturated fats which tend to  lower your blood cholesterol.

Monounsaturated fats:  Help to lower your bad (LDL) cholesterol and may help to increase you good (HDL) cholesterol.  Peanut oil, olive oil and canola oil are "monosaturated fats"

Hydrogenated fats:  Are vegetable oils which have been changed from their liquid form to become solid and are saturated fats ( shortening, and some vegetable oils, such as coconut and palm oils) .  Do NOT use these , because they are saturated fats.  Margarines contain only partially hydrogenated oils and are usually good choices.

It is best to buy margarine that list ' liquid oil"  as the first ingredient as these are more unsaturated than others.   Be aware of food items that state "vegetable oil ", on the lable.  It is best to buy food that states specific oil such as olive oil, peanut oil, or canola oil.

The VA, just put me on the " Cardiac Diet"  A few weeks back. Their more concerned about my BP and cholesterol, than weight.  This is basically a low sodium and higher fiber diet..  I was trying to see if the VA had this pamplet in a PDF form , on their website, but couldn't find it.

But to summarize:

I am to avoid these foods:

Salted crackers, salted chips, salted nuts, salted popcorn, instant hot cereal, canned spaghetti, and pasta dishes ( never would touch that stuff) , instant potatoes, rice mixes, and casserole mixes, pastries, crackers made with lard or shortening.

I am to avoid Olives, pickles, sauerkraut, Vegetable juice (V-8), frozen vegetables in sauce, pickle relish, ,  canned vegetables ( unless low sodium)

All fatty meats such as bacon, cured or smoked ham, smoked pork or fish,luncheon meats, deli meats, franklfurters,  canned meat,  frozen dinners, frozwen entrees, anchovies, and caviar ( like I can afford caviar  Shocked  )

Avoid:  American cheese, bleu, parmesan , Roquefort, processed or cream cheese.

Avoid:  Whole milk products, Ice cream ( this is tough    )    Chinese food, ( which I l love),  party dips, gravy mix,  Pizza, Mexican food, products with coconut oil, Palm oil, or palm kernel oil, commercial mixes for breads or desserts, canned or dried soups.

Then she has special notations written :

Drink Skim milk ( I already do that)

Limit egg yolks to 3 per week ( already started egg beaters- actually their good) One egg yolk is 200 mgs of cholesterol.

Eat more poultry ( without skin) and fish more often than red meats.

Broil, roast bake, and/or stew meats , poultry, fish.

Limit your fay servings to 5-8 teaspoons per day, or 45-70 grams of fat per day.

Eat many servings of fresh fruits, vegetables, dried beans, WHOLE GRAIN BREADS, and cereals .  Eat oatmeal, or oatbran often.

Read the labels more often ( I do that already) for sodium and fat content.

Eat cheese made with low fat milk or skim milk. ( already do that)

Eat fish more often, especially those containing Omega 3 oils ( Salmon, sardines, mackeral, herring, halibut, trout, and tuna.

Do not use fish oil supplements unless under the guidance of your physician.

Other notes:

When buying whole grain or whole wheat breadsCheck the labels for the first three ingredients.  Should have 2-4 grams of fiber per slice.

When buying dinners, make sure the sodium content is < 600mg, per box or serving.

I can eat Provalone, mozzella, and swiss cheese.

She also gave me a website to use.  She uses it a lot. Most of the website is free, but there is a pay portion, which I haven't had to use.

I am to be on 25 grams of fiber per day,  and beleive it or not,  this diet hasn't been that hard to keep.  I wasn't off too much, from what I was doing.

That website is:  www.calorieking.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to make foods tasty :

At first your food may not seem tasty, without salt.  However, using spices and herbs ( other than salt) can improve the following foods flavor:

Fruits:  allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemonjuice

Chicken: Garlic mushrooms, curry, sage, onion, paprika, parsley, tarragon pepper, wine,cranberries, poultry seasoning.

Fish: Bay leaf, marjoram, onion, mushrooms, dillweed, dry mustard, lemon juice, basil, curry, and pepper.

Pork:  Apples, garlic, onion, sage, pepper

Eggs:  Curry, tomato, basil, dryt mustard, onion, pepper

Beef:  Bay leaf,  dry mustard, sage, basil, , wine, onion, thyme, marjoram, nutmeg, pepper

Vegetables:  Lemon juice, onion, dill seed , nutmeg, basil, bay leaf, pepper, marjoram, green pepper,  garlic, Italian seasoning.

Note:  Marinate meats twice as long for spices to penetrate well , without the use of salt.

Anyway, that's what I am doing, and it's not too hard to follow.

Ray

Just to add,  learn to start reading the nutritional labels on the food you buy.  Stay away from processed food.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:41:29 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 12:47:39 am »
Besides diet, I do think a lot of it is just genetics.  My partner has high cholesterol and tryglycerides.  He is on medication, but his numbers still aren't good.  He was taking fish oil supplements for 6 months and his numbers actually got worse.  So, he has doubled the dose of that.  In full disclosure, we do not eat as healthy as we should.  Still too many fried foods, pizza, etc. 

I recently watched the Barbara Walters special about heart disease.  She reported that most cardiologists she talked to, even young ones, are on statins like Lipitor--even if they don't clinically need them.  She said they believe we should all be on them as a preventative measure.  I remember a news report from a couple years ago that suggested this same thing.     

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 02:41:42 pm »
I cannot take statins, but I do take Niaspan, a prescription form of niacin, plus fish oil (6 grams) .

The bottom line is lifestyle changes are often as important as the meds you can swallow..

Matt, quit smoking. If an old fart like myself can do it after smoking for 32 years, a spry young man like yourself can too.

That said, a drop of as little as 10 pounds has shown to be beneficial. It is the first thing my doctor tells people who need to lower their lipids.

Diet helps too. I eat a very Mediterranean diet with lots of fish and vegetarian meals, etc.

I also exercise a minimum of two hours, three days a week. That is an hour of cardio (usually the exercise cycle because my knees don't like tread mills) and then an hour of weight/stress training, which is important to keep yourself toned and to maintain bone strength, something all of us should be watching.

While you are at it, cut down or cut out the sugary drinks. Try tea instead of sodas. A bit of stevia powder will ad a touch of sweetness, or a dab of honey.

These are some of the things I do. I have managed to bring myself back from the brink of serious liver complications because of elevated lipids to normal liver function and much lower lipids.

Give it a shot, it can't hurt and you might start to enjoy the gym - eye candy, etc.  ;D

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:45:30 pm by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline bagavat

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 02:40:09 am »
If the diet regimens dont work and you end up taking a statin drug, which is likely, you may have problems with tolerance, which a lot of people do.  I used all of them from Lipitor to Zetia.  The only one without any side effects was Zetia.  Unfortunately it also didnt work.  :( 

Recently a new doc put me on what he called an old drug that is rarely used anymore--fluvastatin.  It seems to be working quite well and it hasnt had any side effects.  I have been taking it for about six months now.  So.....if you end up going thru all the usual statins and the side effects, mostly muscle pain and weakness, bother you, keep good old fluvastatin in mind and ask to try it.  Good luck.
Jerry

Offline elf

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 04:21:54 am »
Niamax gives me bad rash and dry skin.  :-\ :'(

Offline MitchMiller

Offline Matt39

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 08:16:25 am »
cocoa
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/02/110207124039.htm

If you see page 54 of the current issue of 'Baseline' - a hard-copy and online PDF printable magazine for and produced by 'HIV+' people in the UK, that reports on all developments, you will see a useful artcile about the benefits of *DARK* (ie Plain) Chocolate.
The benefits shown by studies reported in Science Daily do not apply to milk or white chocolate.
You can read or print out the full Baseline information guide, but briefly, the benefits accrue from Dark Chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids.

http://baseline-hiv.co.uk/
Current issue:
http://issuu.com/janephillips/docs/bl7_issuu_1_?mode=embed&layout=http%3A%2F%2Fskin.issuu.com%2Fv%2Fdark%2Flayout.xml&showFlipBtn=true

NB: For men, it is also suggested that 30g a day of high cocoa plain chocolate also has a protective action for prostate problems too.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:18:39 am by Matt39 »

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 08:32:11 am »
I buy the huge bar of 72% dark chocolate from Trader Joe's, I love it; have about two cubes of it every evening with a glass of red or white wine after dinner.

Offline NycJoe

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 03:59:55 pm »
Just had my labs done and I am very frustrated with my HDL.  Overall Chol is 161.  LDL is 101, happy with that.  HDL fell from 33 to 28!  That is with taking Lovaza, eating almost 30 grams of fiber daily along with exercise etc.  HDL is trying to fuck my day up but I will continue fighting to get it up.  At least my Tri's fell to 149.  The scale Matt mentioned with my numbers put me at low risk so I guess I don't have to worry to much about it.  But I am determined to get my HDL to 40..if it kills me!  C-Reactive Protein was 0.1 which is great.  I am obessed due to the fact I lost both my grandfathers and biological father from heart attacks and strokes.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:10:21 pm by NycJoe »

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 07:26:20 pm »
Are you taking Omega 3 and eating sardines, tuna, salmon, etc? That'll help with the HDL. Also flax seeds.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.