Main Forums > Living With HIV

Forgot to take my meds again

<< < (3/6) > >>

LiveWithIt:

--- Quote from: leatherman on July 09, 2013, 06:54:22 pm ---as long as you have a plan that works for you, and it sounds like you do, that's all that matters ;)

now try not to miss any more doses for a while.  ;) You gotta keep to that 95% and missing a couple more doses will screw that up.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Yeah I am going to put the pills out at night to take the next morning.  I don't like to keep them out all day, but I will leave an empty baggy on my nightstand next to my water to remind me to fill it.  If I forget to fill it at night I will see the baggy and remember to take the meds.

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: LiveWithIt on July 09, 2013, 05:13:28 pm ---I have one of those, I keep my emergency pills in case I forget to take them at home and I carry them in my backpack hard to even fit 4 pills in mine. I also have the plastic daily pill thingy, but I prefer to put 7 of each med in an old bottle and refill it on Wednesday.  I can always tell if I took a dose by how many are left until the next time I have to fill it.

--- End quote ---

I've tried several methods too and finally settled on simply having two of everything on me at any given time, plus an emergency pill for the important ones. Mostly I use the blue one for day to day, so it's easy to tell if I've taken it, and the white fob for emergencies. I feel like Imelda Marcos, the poor and addled version anyway. I have terrible taste in shoes.

A lot of failed experiments here, though, if anyone needs to borrow a pill solution. ;)

LiveWithIt:
Ugh almost forgot them again today.  Luckily I got them within the 4 hour window of when I normally take them.   The system I have of leaving them in a baggy worked, but late when I just happened to notice it.  I have to come up with a better system of putty a sticky note on my TV or something else.  The container won't help if I don't remember to take them,

oksikoko:
Maybe it's been covered, but do you have a watch or phone with an alarm or, even better, a reminder app? I used the default reminders app of iOS in the beginning. There are a million specialized apps for pill reminders now too.

LiveWithIt:

--- Quote from: oksikoko on July 16, 2013, 03:27:44 pm ---Maybe it's been covered, but do you have a watch or phone with an alarm or, even better, a reminder app? I used the default reminders app of iOS in the beginning. There are a million specialized apps for pill reminders now too.

--- End quote ---

I have a clock with a double alarm.  I set that.  I also do the same on the computer.  Lately I've been waking up before the alarm and shutting them off.  The computer one I leave on and I still forget to take my pills because I haven't associated them together, or I will make breakfast and then forget the meds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version