Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:39:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 250
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 251
Total: 252

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread # 62- Summer Breeze  (Read 42419 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Ladies Thread # 62- Summer Breeze
« on: July 20, 2009, 07:09:45 pm »
Oh, hell, I couldn't think of a snazzy title either but a new thread needed to be started. So, I figured I would do it since the day is almost gone....

Would you believe when I went to the new PCP,once again they did not have me scheduled. I was pissed and fit to be tied that's for sure. This is the second time this had happened. And what's more is that I was talking to the nurse who freakin scheduled the appointment. She remembered me from the first time on July 1st. She went and got the doctor who pulled me to the side and apologized out the ass. But I had to wait til everyone else in the office was seen. My appointment was suppose to have been at 3. I didn't get seen til well after everyone else had left. By the time I left the office it was after 5.

Overall, I did like the doctor. He was friendly enough, explained everything to him. He had no problem with me stopping the glipizide, said it made sense to him since I had stopped drinking the Pepsi. He also looked over my diabetic diary and said that he didn't want to change what I was doing since it seemed to be working for me. He said I had a few spikes or high sugars but nothing he was overly concerned about. I had signed a medical release of my records from my old pcp last month and they still had not sent them to the new pcp. He said he would have them faxed to his office and would make copies for me for when I moved to NY. He also wrote me scripts for enough insulin, lancets, and pen needles to last me 7 months. I was so happy I wanted to reach over and kiss him. For some odd reason I keep seeming to have low grade fevers. I had one when I saw my ID doc last month and had one again today.

I had some other minor frustrations today but I will work through them.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline missy

Re: Ladies Thread # 62- Summer Breeze
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 07:56:55 pm »
Hi ladies good to hear your all in good spirits today.

BT I will keep my chin up and just hang in there, I don't plan to give it away.

Queen, I hope you have a wonderful new life back in NY. Aside from the waiting I am glad everything went well with the new Doc. I am surprised he didn't squeeze you in and just push everyone else back a few minutes. But you know Dr's they make there own rules.  I wish I could charge them for all the time I have spent waiting in their offices.  Thanks for staring the new thread it reminds me of a nice cool summer drink!

Cindy, I've had my house on the market since last October. I put it on right after I lost my husband. It's to much for me to keep up by myself.  Thanks to my wonderful son I am getting by, he is always there to help when I need it.

Mum I am so glad you found a new Doc.  My ID doc is great He does a lot of teaching so occasionally when I go to his office, he has a student sit in on the exam (with my approval) but I can ask him anything and he is very knowledgeable.  I have been reading a lot on this web site so when I go see him the next time, I have a million questions. I hope you get the car fixed soon and the cost is less than you could ever imagine.

I am exhausted tonight,  I drove to the Jersey Shore today for work it was about 4 ˝ hours of driving but it was very productive so it was worth the trip.

Hey Gfs I love to cook and bake too but for me its through the lips….to the hips!!!! So I don't bake anymore.

Have a great evening everyone. Mary

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:19:50 pm »
Hi Ladies-
Queen-Sorry to hear you had to wait so long at the doc but I am glad he hooked you up, that will be nice not to have to worry about refills. Maybe when you get to NY we can meet up sometime, we will only be 3 hrs away. I have always wanted to the city and shop.

Missy- In one day you had to drive 4.5 hrs back and forth?  You must be exhausted!  Did I ask you what kind of work that you do?

Mum- Sounds like your weekend was like mine except I was the one that broke down.  The cakes sounded yummy, I don't know how you do it all.

BT- That would piss me off too. I can't stand it when people get over like that, then it seems like the ones that really don't need it get nada.

I am still pissed about what happened when I broke down and can't post with someone over my shoulder :). I hope you guys are all doing well.

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 02:38:52 am »
Just getting in from hanging out with my gay friend. Now I am sitting here watching "A View to a Kill", a James Bond movie. I only like it cause it has Grace Jones and Christopher Walken in it. I should be playing Warcraft about now but I just ain't feeling it. I will get back to it tomorrow.

Snow---Yeah, that would be nice. Do you have a cell where I can text you? Though I am not sure where to shop at. You would be shopping for clothes and I would be shopping in electronics.*lol* And who peeking over your shoulder? That remind me of that song by Goodie Mobb. They had a song out saying something like that back in the day. I dunno, that just kinda popped in my head.

Missy--Yeah, Summer Breeze does sound like a drink. Is there one by that name? I had no choice but to sit and wait at the doctor's. I needed my insulin or else I would've left.

I guess I'll get back to Bond.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 05:56:47 am »
Hi GFs~

A quick post while I get the cobwebs outta my eyes.  

Queen~ Glad to hear you got a big supply of Lantus, just don't let it get hot in your travels or it will go bad.  Don't ever leave it in the car!  I think Snow was referring to one of the kids looking over her shoulder, lol.  ;)

BT~ That pisses me off about people who really cheat the system.  I didn't reapply for ADAP this year because I moved in with Ice, so technically its a 2-income household and we don't qualify.  Sure, I couldv'e lied and still used my old address, said I lived alone.  Technically there's no one living in my old place yet (but hopefully very soon there will be).

Snow and Mary~When the traffic is bad around here, I spend about 4 hours total on my commute in one day, lol.  Usually its about 1hr 15mins one way, but I am leaving earlier (at the crack of the crack) at 645am to beat traffic.  When school is in, traffic is horrendous, makes me wish I owned a helicopter!  It would be worth it to get to the beach if it was only a little over 2hrs each way for me.  Here everyone goes to Ocean City, MD and its about 3 hours from DC on a good day.  My parents came BACK from OC on Sunday 7/5 after the holiday and said it took 5 hours to go halfway bec of the bridge backup at the Chesapeake Bay.

That's why I haven't been to OC since 1998.   ;D  We used to listen to this song on 8-track when I was little and the family drove to OC.  How fitting..... Do you remember when?.................  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BthCLLO-PY0

I feel like a 6yo again.

Love to all~  Cindy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 06:02:03 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 06:12:57 am »
"Summer Breeze" reminds me of the song: "Summer breeze, makes me feel fine.  Blowin' through the (something) in my mind..."  LOL - that's all I know.

Cindy, up here we don't know what traffic is unless there's an accident.  When we lived in Louisiana, Hubby's commute to work was about an hour and it was only 15 miles from our house.  When he worked for OD here, the commute was about an hour and the store was 63 miles from our house.  When our oldest son was 2 (and still an only child), we took him to DC for a few days.  On the way home, we were stuck in HORRIBLE rush-hour traffic.  Our son looked out the window and asked, "Are we in a parade?"  My blood pressure shot up 50 points sitting there - I have no patience for traffic anymore.

Queen, bless you for staying put and waiting.  I would have been steamed and miffed.  At least once you got in, he was nice.  I fear what would've happened had he wound up being a jerk.  Mim's old neurologist was like that.  Even with an appointment, we'd wait 2  - 2 1/2 hours because she got backed up. Unfortunately, it wasn't because she was taking great care with her patients, it was because she was slow as molasses and drank a cup of coffee between each one.  Believe me, she didn't last very long on our list.

Betty, how'd the kids like the movie?  We took our's to see it and we all loved it.  "G-Force" comes out Friday and we may take the kids to see it next week. 

Not a bunch going on here today.  I need to fold a ton of laundry and get more done.  I'd like to run out to the fabric store and hit some of their sales, but Hubby wants to stay home in case the dealership calls about our car.  I'm still dreading what this is going to cost.  We started school yesterday with mixed reviews from the kids.  The younger the kid, the happier they were ;)  UGGGG!  my screen is still jumping.  Must be my cue that I'm getting too winded.

Make it a good one, ladies!

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 08:17:38 am »
Morning all,

Queen, I'm glad you got the refills for your Lantus.  I would hate to run out of that.  I was of my pills awhile back, and my blood sugar shot way up just because of that, I'd hate to see what would happen if I ran out of my Lantus.

Mary, trust me, since I quit smoking about six months ago, I've put on about 25 lbs.  But, I don't let it stop me from eating sweets.  I just try to limit the amount.  Which is another thing in itself.

Snow, I hope you're alright now.  I don't know what you mean about you breaking down, but hopefully you'll be able to unload that soon.

Cin, that song was exactly what I was thinking about when I saw the title to this thread.  I'm glad you posted that video.  Yeah, it makes me feel pretty young. 

Mum, it's "blowing through the jasmine in my mind."  My brother had a lot of 70's records, and that was one of them.   Anyway, the kids loved the movie.  It was good.  G-Force looks cute.  Let me know what you thought of it.  My granddaughter, of course, wants to go see the new Harry Potter. I've never seen any of them, or I would take her to see it.  I don't know why I've never watched those movies.  I should, when they're on t.v.  Like on the weekend, one of the stations will sometimes run a Harry Potter marathon. 

I decided to only volunteer 3 days a week instead of 5.  With the two days off I'm going to work on finding a job (trying to), and doing some things around here.  Today I'm going to try to catch the landlord, if he makes it here.  When I got home yesterday, I could smell fresh paint.  But, he never came back yesterday afternoon, so I missed him.  Hopefully I'll get a peek at the place soon, and be able to negotiate with him (landlord).   Also, I've got to go to the drugstore, and grocery store, and go to Goodwill.  I'm going to tell the lady who's trying to help me find a job that look, she's got to quit being picky.  This is not the time in the economy to be picky.  Too many people wanting the same jobs.         So, that's about it for right now.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 09:55:36 am »
BT- I hope you can catch the landlord today, that would be great if he would let you move into the bigger place. You might like to read the Harry Potter books too, I didn't think I would like them at all and loved them when I read them, couldn't wait for the last book to come out.  I watched the special about the author the other day, she has made a billion just on books sales.  To make a long story short. My SO didn't pay the cell phone bill and it cut shut off, oh well happens all the time these days. BUT I took the kids swimming the other day and when I went to leave my key would not go in the ignition at all. So I had to ask someone to borrow thier phone, my SO won't answer the house phone if he doesn't know who it is.  I have told him before, if I am out with the kids and the phone rings he needs to answer it, who knows what could of happened.  I kept calling and calling never picked up. I called my father and he called him and he answered and supposedly was going to come and get us. I had called AAA and they got their before he did, my parents came, just in case, we all waited for another 45 minutes and he never came. He got the place wrong?  Sometimes I just feel like I should just be doing this all on my own because I am anyway.

Queen- I will PM you my number when I get my phone back on.  I can't listen to any songs on this computer for some reason yet.

Moon- That is a long commute, I don't know how you do it.

Raining here again, stuck in the house for the day and the car is still not fixed.  Hope everyone has a good day!

Offline minismom

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 10:31:35 am »
Just dropping by with a realy quick note: the car dealership called and told me that the car was ready to be picked up.  Well, my first instinct was to tell her off because no one ever called to tell us what was wrong or to get permission to do the work.  But, I held my tongue and asked what was wrong.  It was the ignition switch.  I asked her how much - and she said NOTHING!!  NOTHING?!?  She said that the part was under a recall and the serial number on our switch showed that it had never been replaced.  So, they had to fix it for FREE!!  We had no idea about the recall.  It's a 1995 and we bought it used back in 2005.  We're like the 3rd or 4th owner. 

Anyway, I'm so happy because NOTHING is exactly what we can afford to pay right now.  Finally, something that fit into our budget. ;)

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 11:12:06 am »
You lucky duck, Mum!

I just called to see about my ignition and it is $85 to get it diagnosed and guesstimate for the work is around $250  :'(

Must have been the weekend for ignition switches to go.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 11:34:38 am »
Good mornng ladies! I am just checking in. I have been so busy and hardly at home. I haven't had time to check this site and I miss you all!
I will read all the post in detail and check back in later. Have a good day!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 03:45:03 pm »
Yeah, I do remember that song, Summer Breeze, though I was not thinking that when I came up with the title. But I do like the Pina Colada song, just something catchy about it. Never had the drink though. I got up late today and had to run upstairs to help my sister with her computer. Whoever she bought it from had it password protected and she couldn't get to her desktop or anything. My sister is a noob when it comes to computers. And I was totally brain dead from just waking up. But it was simple as hitting the F11 on rebooting so now it is fine.Feeling lazy today, I guess it is because of the rain. I don't feel like doing anything. I am packed for my trip except for a few last minute things. So, I guess I'll just chill out today.

Snow--- I could relate to you and your man about the phone. I am like that too, if I don't recognize the number I will not answer. I do it because of telemarketers and crap. I get a guy who calls every month talking about consolidation stuff. I am wondering how the hell he got my number but I guess it is from whoever had my number before I did.

Mum---Nothing beats free. You seem to be the luckiest woman alive. But it's all good. Believe me I was pissed off. People were coming in after I did and I had to wait. Then I had to watch most of the staff leave. Oh yeah, I was pissed but the doctor was so nice I couldn't stay mad.

Betty---Yeah, I am glad that he gave me as much Lantus as possible. But our next question is can the script be filled in NY? The doctor wasn't sure. Papi said he was going to a pharmacy close to his house and see what they say. It seems like you would be able to do it but you never know.

I am off...enjoy the day...it's raining here too.... :-\
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline missy

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 09:23:25 pm »
Hi Gfs, Good to hear from all of you.

Snowangle I feel a lot better today I got some much needed rest last night I don’t remember having any dreams and I usually do have some weird ones from the Atripla. But to answer your question I do environmental compliance, so I go to a lot of our different plants.  Ps who’s looking over your shoulder?

Cindy…You are so funny I can’t help but laugh when I read your note. I live about 2 ˝ hours from OC, MD  I don’t go either cause the traffic is horrible. I don’t use the bridge I come up Rt.1 through DE. Since I live at the other end of MD. And yes, I remember that song (summer Breeze), it makes me feel old.  I wasn’t six!!!!!! My work commute is about 30 minutes each way so it is not to bad. That’s distance not traffic.

Mum I am so glad it was free…..you were in my thoughts.  I have to get the mower fixed and I was dreading it. I called my neighbor to see if I could use his trailer to take it to the shop and he came over and looked at the mower and said he would get the part and fix it for me tomorrow. He is such a nice guy. Yeah one down, now all I have to fix is the pump on the hot tub it seized up yesterday.  I ordered the pump and my son said he would put it on this weekend so I guess I am getting off easy for $350. It could be a lot worse if I had to pay for labor for both.
I hope you all have a great evening.  Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 07:00:52 am »
Morning all,

Snow, what the hell is wrong with your SO?  It seems, if I remember right, that when you started posting here, you all had trouble.  Am I remembering right?     I hope they fix your car and it's not expensive.   I know how it is to be on disability and not have any extra money.

Mum, good news about the car. 

Andrea, good to hear from you.  What are you up to?

Queen, yeah, I'm not sure how another state handles an out-of-state prescription.  And probably every state is different, so that's good that your Papi is checking it out ahead of time for you.   That was nice of you to help your sister with her computer.  I wouldn't know what to do either.  I barely know much other than to check my e-mail, and navigate around the web. 

Mary, that's nice of your neighbor to fix your lawnmower. 

Not much today other than volunteering.  I didn't catch my landlord yesterday.  If I don't see him today when I get home, I'm going to call him, feel him out about me moving, and see if there's a time I can look at it.  Someone told me he may not really want me to move.  Which may be true.  When I do move, he's going to have to do the kitchen floor over, (which he already knows), and put new carpet in.  The kitchen floor got a little tore up awhile back when the company he bought the new frig from moved the frig in.  They tore it up in a spot.  And the carpet has pulls in it from normal wear.  Also, he's going to have to probably paint in some places from where my past cigarette smoking yellowed the walls.  But hey, that's what a security deposit is there for.  And if he wants me to pay another one for the new apartment, I won't be able to.  I don't have that kind of money.         Nothing else going on.  You all have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline minismom

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 08:00:04 am »
Betty, just a thought, but you could offer to paint your apartment before you move out so that you don't lose your security deposit. Now that I'm thinking more, though,  I don't think a landlord can keep your deposit because of normal wear and tear - only for blatant distruction.  From the sound of things, you've been a really good tenant for a quite a while, so it seems he'd be willing to work with you. 

Snow, sorry you're having so many issues with your SO.  Right now you seem to be getting it from all sides.  This weekend must have been a special weekend for ignition switches.  It was just dumb luck that our's was under some mysterious from 12 yrs ago that they still had to honor.

Nothing go on today, just laundry, laundry, and more laundry.  I'm going to make peperoni rolls this afternoon for supper.  Back to VBS tonight - Hubby and I are teaching tonight.

Make it a good one!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 10:40:36 am »
Good Morning Ladies-

BT- He might not want to switch but it worth be the try to ask.  How much do you qualify for for Section 8? If that apt. is more money and you are eligible, it would be free money for him and he would know that you are responsible tenant.  Speaking of Section 8, I wonder where Wishful has been?  Does she work for them?

Mum- I feel you on the laundry, I am still trying to catch up since my washing machine went down. How do you make pizza rolls, that sounds like something my rugrats might like.  Shoot right now, I would take some dumb luck, LOL, cuz at this point I don't feel like I have any at all :)

Missy- That job sounds interesting, do you have to deal with chemical spills/clean ups? My SO is always looking over my shoulder, wondering what I am writing and to who, it drives me nuts.  Same with when I am on the phone, he will stand there and ask who I am talking to until I answer.

Queen- That was his reply to me too, that I don't answer the house phone either when I don't know who it is BUT my reply to that he is never out with all the kids by himself and if a number is calling back to back to back, he might want to check who it is, he can always hang up.

Viv- Nice to see you! Enjoy yourself before you know it, school will be back in session.

This is really going to sound stupid but I so wish I could win the lottery right now.  ;D My lawyer told me this was the perfect time for me to move out of state because my sons father has no rights to him right now.  He was supposed to set up supervised visits months ago and hasn't yet.  I can't stand this waiting around waiting for the other shoe to drop.  It is amazes me after all these years how he can still scare the crap out of me.  When we were leaving the courthouse the other day, my lawyer kept stopping to talk to other people so I was standing there to his side just waiting. SB was watching me the whole time, walking back and forth staring, when he started walking towards me I squeezed up next to my lawyer saying "He's coming, he's coming" like a scared kid.  Thank god, he went to elevator and not to the stairs where I was.  What really makes me mad is that he doesn't really care about his son, he is just trying to get to me.  There are tons of men out there that want and deserve to be fathers that can't and I get stuck with this asshole.  My men picker is definately faulty or non-exsistent :-\

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 10:49:09 am »
Snow, back when I was a kid, my family was getting crank phone calls. So, when one of the family was out and needed to get in touch, we had a signal. We'd let the phone ring twice, hang up and wait for 30 seconds or so, then ring again and let it ring. You and SO might try that.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 11:08:39 am »
That is a good idea, Ann, Thanks! I will give it try but he probably won't remember by then.

Offline minismom

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 01:40:38 pm »
Pepperoni rolls - really easy.  This is something I get my kids involved in - assembly line style.  I do the final shaping and put them on the pan, but the kids help with putting them together (and cleaning up after ;))

1 bag of frozen rolls (36ct.)
sliced pepperoni (like you'd buy to put on pizza) - I buy 2 small bags so that I have enough to put 5 pieces in each roll.  You'll have to some math to figure out how much to buy.
shredded cheese (sharp cheddar or colby - I buy Wal-mart's brand that has the 2 shredded and mixed together)

Take the rolls out of the bag and put them on a greased cookie sheet.  Let them sit out just long enough to completly thaw but NOT rise.  One at a time, smash them into a flat and thin circle on a plate.  Put pepperoni and cheese in the middle.  Fold over 2 sides (like a taco) then the other 2 sides and smoosh them all together, forming a ball.  Put them back on the cookie sheet (I have to use 2 cookie sheets) with the smooshed side down. 

Bake 350 for about 15 - 20 minutes.  You can serve them with pizza sauce or left over spaghetti sauce to dip.  Just be careful, the insides are really hot and the cheese can get stuck to the roof of the mouth and burn like a nasty-mama (spoken from exerpience :-\)

We just ate our's and they were YUMMY!!  I'm hiding a couple of the left-overs for my breakfast in the morning.  Otherswise, they'll be gone by nightfall.

Let me know how it goes!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 10:04:23 pm »
MMMMHHHNNNNnnnn! Sounds good, we will have to try that.
Thank you!

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 05:45:01 am »
Hi GFs~

I've been tired the past few days but the weekend is almost here.

Mary~ Thank goodness you can relate to the Bay Bridge traffic.  LOL  Unless you drive to the shore at 2am, you'll always be sitting in it!  ;)

I'm getting stressed out about renting my place.  I called the paper and the company that does the credit checks, so I have taken the next step.  I still have to clean the kitchen and Ice is going to do a few more odds and ends, but its TIME.  I hope I don't get some dumbass with a criminal background who wants to get in there, lol.

Ok, its an investment, not a home, I have to keep remind ing myself.  Its tough because it was my home for 16 years.  Oh I cried so many times cleaning things up when I was moving.  There's a lot of sentimental value in that house.  I even planted a tree in the backyard with my late husband, and its gorgeous now.  *Sigh*

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 06:30:35 am »
Hey ladies,

Mum, those pepperoni rolls do sound really good. In fact, I was reading about them last night in the thread, thinking "I want some right now!" 

Snow, hee.  I haven't ever had a very good picker either.  I did have a nice relationship one time, but at the time, I was pretty drugged out, and couldn't take a "normal" relationship.  I needed more chaos and drama.  Having gone through what I've gone through, I know what I would settle for now.  Of course, that doesn't mean I'm going to get what I want.   Anyway, I'm glad you're safe and that you were able to stick with your lawyer.  And, I cannot stand someone wanting to know all the time who I'm talking to, writing to etc.  My first husband was like that, (extremely jealous), and he got dangerously jealous.  By that I mean, I never knew when he was going to explode if he didn't like who I was talking to.  Please be careful.

Cin, wow, going through memories sure is hard, eh?  I love the story about the tree you and your husband planted, and how it's so beautiful now.  I would like to think, (in a utopian world, of course), that your husband is helping that tree to be so beautiful.  I remember how hard it was to go through a lot of my parents' stuff.  Good luck.

Yesterday was my mom's birthday.  I really didn't think about it yesterday, but I was in a very touchy mood, very emotional.  I was feeling pretty much worthless, because of not being able to find a job, and cried on and off after I was done volunteering.  Then, last night, my sister in AZ sent everyone an e-mail about it being mom's birthday.  No wonder I was so emotional.   I miss my mom a lot.  I am very fortunate to have had a good mom, one who stood behind me, and up for me when no one else thought I was going to do anything else with the rest of my life except lay in a nursing home bed.  Yeah, I miss her a lot.

Today there's not much going on except my volunteer job.  I was depressed yesterday, and didn't want to go to the volunteering, but did.  And I'm glad I went.  When I can make myself get out around other people, especially if I'm trying to help people, it helps me.  So, before I go on prattling, I'm also having lunch with someone who used to work at the ASO here.  She now works for Child Protective Services.  Hopefully it will be a good lunch.  You all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 08:54:48 am »
Pepperoni rolls were wonderful and now they are gone.  I wonder if I could make them and freeze them before they are baked.  Just not sure how well they'd thaw then bake.

It rained all night last night and supposed to continue all day.  We've got to do some shopping today.  We're having a family bash this Saturday at my parents' house to celebrate all the kids' birthdays at the same time.  Instead of gifts, people are giving the money they would've spent and we're donating it to Watoto (see my sig line).  I still have no idea what to serve.  I'm going to make 6 mini-cakes for the kids with candles and something they like, but that's as far as I've gotten with the food.

Hubby is looking into going back to school for an IT degree.  He already has 2 degrees in Electrical Engineering and Mathematics.  He's not working with either one of them, but wants to do something different than he's doing now.  The main factor is going to be getting financial aid.  We can't afford it otherwise.

We have a lady coming Monday from the Autism Training Center to help us with our autistic children.  They can only work with 1 at a time, so it will be our middle daughter.  The lady will be with us for a year doing in-home therapy with her, us, my parents and anyone else who wants to come.  This first meeting is to fill out paperwork and is going to take about 3hrs.  All told, she'll be with us for 3 - 5 years or less if we decide we don't "need" her anymore. I'm looking forward to it - Hubby's sceptical.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone have cool plans for the weekend?

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline missy

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 04:33:19 pm »
Hey Gf’s
Cindy, you bring tears to my eyes. I miss my husband so much, there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of him and wish he was still here making me laugh and be happy. I know when the day comes that I sell my house and move, I will leave a part of him behind me.  When I go down the road and I see a motorcycle like his, I tear up and miss him so much.  I can understand how you feel about planting that tree and watching it grow! You never lose that love, just cherish it in your heart.

On to happier things, I am off till Monday, thank God for vacation time.  Its rainy hear so no pool time but I did hit the gym.

Mum I hope all goes well for you and I hope the kids all have a happy happy birthday.

Enjoy and I will check back later. Mary

Offline minismom

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 04:41:53 pm »
HOLY CRAP WE ACTUALLY FORGOT ONE OF THE KIDS TODAY!! :o

We had to take both cars because we were buying our youngest son a new dresser which wouldn't fit with the kids and the food in the big car.  Hubby took the 2 older boys and said, "I've got the boys", which, silly me thought he had ALL 3 boys.  Anyway, we left and got about 10 miles down the road when a thought hit me - I didn't remember our youngest son getting into the Honda with Hubby.  I called Hubby and he said he thought I had him!  We both made major illegal U-turns on the interstate and FLEW back home!  My poor car has NEVER gone that fast.  I kept trying to call the house, hoping my wee one would pick up.  I had these visions of him sitting on the porch crying his eyes out feeling so lonely and, well...left.

He wouldn't answer the phone and that had me worried.  Hubby and I tore up the driveway and about knocked each other down running into the house.  We were frantically yelling his name and he wouldn't answer.  Hubby opened the door to the downstairs and yelled his name.  Peanut came to the bottom of the steps and said, "Is it time to leave yet?"  Time to leave?  Buddy, you've already been LEFT!  He had no idea we'd even gone! It had been over half and hour!  I said, "Didn't you wonder why it was so quiet in here suddenly?" 

I was so relieved that he wasn't scared.  And at least now we have a happy story to tell.  In Wal-mart, poor baby never let go of the buggy.  What a day!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 05:06:11 pm »
MUM- glad u had a happy ending, but that was a funny story, remind me of the movie Home Alone.
Hi GFs I have missed you all and trying to catch up, my mind has gone on vacation,but I am back now.
Hope all is well.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 10:13:47 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Well come tomorrow evening I will be back in NY so you may not hear from me for a few days... ;) Today I was busy running around doing last minute errands. Come to find out that I can't get my lantus filled for a few weeks, it was too soon to get it refilled so I will have to do it in NY. I had to get labwork done for 3 doctors which came up to 11 vials of my blood. I was like DAMN but it needed to be done though I will not be seeing any of them anymore.

I know what you guys mean about missing your love ones. I still miss my Dad who has been gone for 5 years now. I still have his ashes, I just can't seem to part with them. And he is going with me to NY when I finally leave for good. I hope Papi don't mind.. :D

Mum--- I know it wasn't funny at the time but I thought it was funny that you forgot one of your kids and he had no clue that he had been left.

Netta- Clear those cobwebs out ya head girl, we miss hearing from you. I hope things are better for you. How does the hubby like the new job, well I guess it's not so new now.

I have really been wondering what is up with Ms. Wishful. I guess she has been busy, if anyone has heard from her, tell her she is missed. I am going to keep this short. I still have some last minute things to pack and am doing a little bit of laundry.

I am going to have a very, very, very good weekend. Much love to you, ladies I will be checking in from time to time....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 05:15:23 am »
Just a quick post. I couldn't go to sleep, I am so excited about seeing Papi. So, I stayed up all night and  played Wacraft. I am hoping I will crash on the train and sleep most of the trip. Just wanted to not good bye but cya, if that makes sense. I would write more but I have to hurry up and pack up the laptop before my ride to the train station gets here. Have a good weekend, ladies....((((((hugs)))))
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 07:06:00 am »
Have a great trip, Queen!!!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 08:16:49 am »
Morning all,

Queen, the way you're sounding is like we're not going to hear from you anymore.   I really hope that's not the case.  Anyway, have a good trip and fun in NY.  I know you will.

Mum, I hope that lady from the Autism group works out alright for you guys.  And I agree with Netta and Queen, that story about leaving that little one at home is a bit funny.  No harm done, aye?

Mary, enjoy your vacation time.

Netta, good to hear from you.  Check in more often!

Nothing much planned today.  I've got to run out to a few stores, and jobhunt.  That's about it for my day.  I may also clean.  Oh!  I did look at the front apartment.  It's not any bigger than mine, except that it does have a bedroom.  It's extremely tiny, which is of no importance to me, since all I'd be doing in there is sleeping, but there's no closet.  I suppose I could buy something to hang my clothes on that have to be hung.  I really couldn't get too good a look at the place, because there's still a ton of stuff that has to be taken out.  I didn't tell my landlord I wanted it, or even that I was interested.  I may wait until I can get a better look at it to decide.  I don't want to take something just because it has a bedroom.             That's it.  You all have a good day.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 12:13:53 pm »
Mum- I can just imagine how that scared the crap out of you, that is funny that he didn't even notice you were gone. Turns out I need a whole new steering column which is $900 and then with labor it will be around 1300.  I called to see about a rebuilt column and it is 300, unfortunately I am going to drive the way it is, until I can afford to get it fixed.

Queen- Have a safe trip.

BT- What did the girl do, leave all her stuff there? Sounds like it might be less work to stay where you are.

Hi Netta!

I pulled a muscle in my back and I have headache and it is supposed to rain again

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 08:21:18 am »
Morning all,

Snow, I hope you're feeling better.

OK, now for some news I've been waiting for:  I got a job!  It's a part-time one where my best friend is a therapist at. What I would be doing is case management.  The lady said Monday she's going to give my file to HR so they can set up fingerprinting, drug testing, background check, and probably a physical.  My friend told me that can take 3 weeks to a month.  But, nonetheless, as long as everything comes out alright, I do have a job.  I hope with the background check that when they see my license was suspended four years ago, they won't hold it against me.  If they do, then it will be back to more job hunting.  Anyway, that was some good news yesterday.  Man, I sure hope everything works out alright.  I was just sitting here thinking about my license being suspended four years ago and now I'm a bit paranoid.  But, whatever.

I'm talking myself into cleaning today instead of tomorrow.  Tonight is the NA speaker jam thing, as it always is on the last Saturday of the month.  That's about it.  You all have a good day. 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 10:37:52 am »
Hello Ladies---

Just checking in to let you know that I made it safely. The train ride was a long one especially since I had 4 bags of luggage. I got bruises on my legs from the suitcases. No, Betty, I didn't mean I was leaving the forums. I meant that there may be times when you don't hear from me for a few days, that is all. And congrats on the job. I am so happy for you. So, that means you will be on the ticket to work when it comes to Social Security? If so, let me know how that works.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2009, 10:51:51 am »
Queen, I'm glad you made it safely, but sorry about those bruises.  Ouch.  Anyway, no, I'll be working very part-time, so that should enable me to keep disability, and Medicare.  And here, they have a Medicaid for working people on disability.  It costs depending on what a person makes.  There's a once a month payment, and it still pays Medicare premiums, etc.  Which will be good, because I can't afford to be without insurance.  Anyway, have a great time in NY, and with Papi.  I know you will. ;)

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 03:49:38 pm »
Hie ladies. Been a while since i last posted.  I didn't have a computer for the past months, now i got it but the internet connection is so crep.  Hope you are all well around the world.  I have so much to catch up with on the site.  Things are not getting any easier for me, I have come to a conclusion that everything that could possibly go wrong in my life has managed to go wrong.  I might be giving my notice at work soon.  I have tried to make the best out of my job but have realised am not happy at all because of all the things that happened.  I tried to be strong for the sake of the job but realised there is more to life than being stressed day in day out.  At the moment I don't know what to think of my life, its just blank.  I really need to pick myself up and get out of this mess. 
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2009, 08:34:06 pm »
Hi GFs~

I was just on Google Earth flying over my late husband's cemetery.  You know they zoomed me down to street level in the cemetery?  THAT was weird, like I was standing there, ready to walk across the grass, over to his marker.  It was cozy checking back in and reading the sentimental notes here about loved ones.  I call the tree in my backyard "The Birthday Tree."  Every year in my old neighborhood the leaves change colors but my tree is still green.  Then by mid-Novemebr, towards my birthday on 11/14, that red maple is in all its glory while the rest of the neighborhood is gray and void of color.  That tree is like a flaming beacon in that backyard.  Absolutely beautiful.

BT~ Congrats on getting a job!  That is great news!   :D  You said it was Mom's birthday this past week, well Dave would've been 41 on 7/24.  His last birthday was in 1996 when he turned 28, and then he died from lymphoma a month later.  For those who don't know my history, Dave was poz, too.

I wanted to go to the cemetery this weekend for Dave's birthday.  Its been 5 years since I've gone, it's a haul to get there.  Maybe I can go next month for the anniversary of his passing, which was August 21st, 1996.

I have been busy cleaning my old TH today.  I placed my ad in the paper for this weekend and next weekend.  I got a call on Friday and the girl wanted to know if I would take Section 8.  I told her I was new to renting but it should be fine, once I get more info.  She is supposed to come by tomorrow afternoon when Ice and I are there, to look at the place.  I hope she does, because no one else has called.  :(

Can any of you enlighten me as to how Section 8 works?  Any details would be welcome.

Queen~  Glad you made it safely to NY.  Ice and I watched "Son of Sam" today, crazy movie!  I hope you can get your Lantus refilled.  Enjoy yourself!!!

Speaking of refills, I called this specialty pharmacy that I am supposed to use via mail order to get my Sustiva and Truvada.  They got me set up for getting Atripla, which I'll be switching to in a few weeks.  You know on my insurance, I have to use the specialty pharmacy for Sustiva and Truvada, but I DO NOT have to use it for Atripla?  I dropped my script off at the local pharmacy Friday and my Atripla should be in Monday, for a copay of only $25!!!  I was so happy when I found out the price!  I thought it would be $60 or something, this is such a relief!  I don't have ADAP covering me anymore so I have to pay for the Atripla.  I was also happy to find out about my cholesterol meds only being $10 a month!  They were covered by ADAP before as well.  Woo-hooooooooo!  Boy did I luck out.

Mum!  My goodness, peanut didn't even know you had left!  That was a blessing in disguise!  I can't imagine how he would've felt if he came upstairs to an empty house.   :o

Snow~  I hope you feel better with the back pain and all.  I was merely laying on the couch this past week and got spasms in my mid-back for the first time ever.  Scared the crap outta me and came outta nowhere!  I have had a bad neck and back for close to 10 years, but never have I had back spasms, just small neck spasms once in a blue moon.

Mary~  You know I kept finding my late husband's guitar picks all over my old house as I was cleaning it, so I saved a few.  Also, I had a little wood carving that said "Jesus" hanging atop a doorway at my old house.  My late husband put it there and in 13 years, I have never moved it.  The painters had to move it when they came in, though.  Its kind of easier that they took it down rather than me.

I am going to go rest.  Ice and I have to get to the house early tomorrow and sort through a lot more junk in the kitchen and haul it away.  Then we'll buy "lick 'n' stick" floor tiles at Home Depot and attempt to put down a new kitchen floor before the prospective renter comes by.  The job should go quickly -- if Ice listens to me, lol.   ;)

More soon!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:01:44 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2009, 07:13:14 am »
Cin, if you're going to accept section 8, I would suggest calling, or going to, your local housing authority office to get details about it.  I know the property someone wants to rent has to pass their (housing authority's) inspection.  Then, the person who wants to rent has an appointment with the section 8 office, which determines how much rent the person will pay, and how much section 8 will pay.  And then the property has yearly inspections.  If something doesn't pass inspection, the landlord has 30 days to fix it, or lose the section 8.  That's what I know about it.  I don't know landlord-specific things, if there are any.  My landlord takes it, at least from me.  He had to fix the water heater, a leaky pipe, and my bathroom door this last time-around with inspection.  Some landlords don't like section 8, because of the reputation of people who get it, and some landlords love it, because it's a guaranteed check every  month. 

Today I'm probably going to go to a Med-point, because I'm sure I have a bladder infection.  And I don't like to mess with those (a bladder infection put me in a coma before).  And I've got laundry to do. And I believe my brother is supposed to come over tonight.  That's about it for me today.

Offline minismom

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2009, 07:32:39 am »
Cindy, like Betty said, make sure and do your homework before accepting Section 8.  Hubby and I had a rental property (house we couldn't sell) and we took Section 8.  Between what the lady was supposed to pay and what Section 8 would pay, Hubby and I STILL ended up having to pay a couple hundred a month.  All we were asking for rent was the house note, so we weren't looking at making money, just getting out from under it.  Also, the lady RARELY paid her portion of the rent to us.  We'd complain to Section 8 who basically told us it was too bad, they weren't responsible.  Then, when we got an eviction notice, Section 8 sent someone down on behalf of the lady and we had to let her stay.  To make matters worse, the lady moved a guy in, didn't tell Section 8, and when they found out, Section 8 sent US a threatening letter saying we owed them money because they over-paid their portion.  We ended up not having to pay them, but it was a very long, drawn out process that ended up costing us a fortune.  Just be VERY careful.

Betty, congrats on the job!  Here's hoping everything works out.  Did you decide about whether you were going to take the other apartment or not?

The party yesterday was a lot of fun.  Folks ate a ton, but we still have a bunch of food left over.  Whatever isn't eaten today after church is getting frozen for later.  It's rained constantly since yesterday afternoon.  We really needed it - it was getting way too dry.  Hubby and I stayed up till midnight last night watching of all things, "Little House on the Prairie".  We ended up taping the last hour - just couldn't stay up until 1am.  I'd like to find all 9 seasons on DVD - I think the kids would love to watch them.

Not much going on today.  After church, I'm coming home and taking a nap.  Make it a good one!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009, 09:43:37 pm »
Hey everyone!

Betty- Congratulations on your job! I hope it all works out for you. Feel better.

Cindy- Have you gotten any other offers? You might want to wait and see.

Queen- Enjoy your man and New York...LOL!

Mum-Ok...I am going to the market tomorrow and get the ingredients to make those pizza roles. Yummy!

Well...I know I have been absent. My mom went back to Texas on Friday so now I have some time to myself. Of course, I have absolutely LOVED spending every moment with her, but I have neglected too many things. I have also been reading like a maniac. My mom got me started on the this series that the HBO show, "True Blood" is based on and I am hooked. I have not seen the show but I am definitely devouring the books. Other than that my days have been VERY quiet.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Have a good night.

Andrea  :)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 05:52:23 am »
Hi GFs~

Ice and I put in the new kitchen floor yesterday and hung some blinds.  I did a lot more cleaning and throwing away of stuff in the kitchen.  I called the Sec 8 renter in the morning to confirm that they were coming by but I got voice mail, never got a call back and no one showed up.  My ad is not in the paper again until this coming Friday.

I'm getting really nervous.  Maybe the place will just have to sit for awhile.  I don't know.  I made a nice ad on a military website, but there are so many rentals out there!  If anyone is moving to Maryland, I've got a deal for you!  ;)

~ Cindy

Offline minismom

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 06:01:15 am »
This weekend was totally insane - in a good, sleep deprived sort of way ;).  I came home yesterday and fell asleep on the couch.  I was sound asleep last night just after 9 and woke up at 5:30 this morning.  I feel like I could go back to bed and sleep until Thursday.  But, no such luck, so I started a load of laundry and cleaned the bathroom.

Today is the day the lady comes from the Autism Training Center.  I just hope she doesn't start spewing the same ol', same ol' and can actually give us some direction about where to go with our daughter.  After she's gone, we start the work on our bedroom.  We're hoping to finish all the tearing out and painting by tomorrow night.  New flooring won't be done until we get back from Boston.

Andrea, glad you had a nice visit with your mom.  I was 1100 miles away from my parents for 6yrs and it was so hard.  This was before the days of the internet where we could only talk on the phone once a week for about 1/2 hour or so.  Now I'm just 10 minutes away - I wouldn't have it any other way.

Betty, how did the NA speaker Jam go?  Are you feeling any better with your bladdar infection?

I hope everyone had a good weekend.  

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 06:28:02 am »
Hello all,

Mum, I'll be anxious to hear how it goes with the autism lady.  I hope it's informative and new information for you. 

Andrea, I'm so glad you had a good visit with your mom.  Believe me, I wish I still had mine around to talk to.  I've heard of that True Blood.  My neighbor, who works for Comcast, told me how addicting it is.

Cindy, maybe it's just as well the person didn't show up.  I hope your place goes fast.  I think more and more people are renting, due to the foreclosures going on and not being able to get credit to buy a home.

I went to Med Point yesterday because of my bladder.  And yeah, I do have an infection.  So, the doc gave me Cipro plus some pills to ease up that "pressure" feeling.  They turn pee bright orange, though (hee).  It says on the side of the Cipro bottle not to take them two hours before or 6 hours after taking antacids.  This must be something new, because I don't remember that from the last time I took Cipro. 

The speaker jam went alright.  The speaker was from Gary, Indiana and she had a heck of a story.  Saw some friends, an old friend, and went out to eat.  Other than Med Point yesterday, I did my laundry, and my brother came over.  Today I'm giving the place I volunteer at my week's notice.  I hope the new employer gets stuff moving.  My best friend told me it could take up to a month, because they move so slow.  I hope I pass the background check.  I was just thinking Saturday about getting arrested 5 years ago (plus having my license suspended).  It wasn't a felony, though, so maybe that'll save me.  :-\            Oh, and just to mention.......I'm on section 8, and have always paid my rent on time, and I take care of my apartment (keep it clean etc.).  Not everyone on section 8 are slobs or don't pay rent.  But, us section 8 people do tend to have a bad reputation.         Ok, you all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 06:33:39 am »
Betty, I NEVER intended to say that everyone on Section 8 was like our renters.  If it came acrossed that way, I apologize.  I just wish we'd done more homework before agreeing to take it - like the fact that we'd have to come up with money every month to make up the difference and that it would be near impossible to kick someone out for non-payment. 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 12:05:36 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Well, first Betty pretty much covered how Section 8 goes for renters and what is expected by the land owners. You know, this is a time when we need Wishful around since she works for them. I could never understand how anyone who was on Section 8 could not pay their rent. Unless they had a serious drug habit. I don't understand how Section 8 was trying to blame you Mum for your renter having her man stay with her. That didn't make sense to me, how were you suppose to know that? And once they found out, they should've made that person report to them with the man's income information or they could've thrown that person out of the program.

Anyhoo, I thought I would post a little something since Papi and his daughter had a few appointments to go to today. It has been just great since being here. I ended up only getting about 2 hours sleep on the train. And it was so packed that they actually had us sitting in the damn dining car at first. Papi, had dinner cooked for me, it consisted of ribs, homemade mac and cheese and some fried plantain. And it was just yummy.

That's about it for me, just wanted to give a lil holla....Have a good week ladies... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 06:17:06 pm »
Mum, I know you weren't implying that everyone was like the one who rented from you.  The truth is, there are several renters on section 8 who are like that.  And I also don't understand how, when section 8 found out the girl you were renting to had a man living with her, she didn't get kicked off.  'Cause that's how it works here. 

Since volunteering where I do, I've met people on section 8 who don't pay any rent (section 8 pays it all), and even get a utility check.  Most of these people, however, have no income either. 

I think how strict section 8 is maybe varies from place to place.  Where I live, they're pretty stringent.  People can't get away with shit here.  Of course, there are always ways around the rules, but not so easy here. 

Offline vivyt

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 09:42:32 pm »
Hey all!

Mum- I made the pizza rolls tonight. I added a little sauce to them. That little recipe is a winner!! YUMMY!  ;D

Offline missy

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2009, 10:25:38 pm »
Hey Gf's just stopping by to say hi.  I have been really busy so I haven't been on line.  Worked today hit the gym and took the dogs for a walk.  They make me feel guilty if I don't walk them once in a while. They get tired of just going out in the backyard. Ya, thier spoiled buit it's just them and me.  Have a great evening.  Mary

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2009, 10:30:32 pm »
Hi GFs~

Thanks for the feedback on Sec 8.  I have a friend at work who is knowledgable on it as well, so all of the info has been helpful.  

I had THREE calls today and my ad wasn't even in the paper/online anymore.  The first caller needed a place this weekend, admitted her credit was bad and then said she couldn't come up with the security deposit and first month's rent in a week.  She also had pets so I agreed to give her a break on the addl pet deposit.  I gave her the street address and asked her to drive by and check it out, and if she liked it she could call back and set up a time to see the inside.  Ice reminded me that I didn't have to take time out of MY schedule to show the place, esp when the woman couldn't even come up with the money up front.  I was feeling really bad, like no one would call so I kept considering this lady.  She hasn't called back and that's good because my gut is telling me she's getting evicted this week.  Even if I'm wrong, I still don't want to take over $100 in credit/background check fees from the woman if its just going to come back bad AND she can't even afford rent up front?  

Thankfully, caller #2 dialed my number around 330pm this afternoon.  She has custody of her grandchild and is on Sec 8.  Nearly 90% of her rent is covered by Sec 8 and she gets child support for her granddaughter.  She mentioned she had been unemployed for 6 months and I asked how she would pay for utilities and the balance on the rent?  She said she gets an addl amount for utilities from Sec 8, I believe, and she really knew her stuff.  She answered every question I had about Sec 8, gave me her administrator's name, everything.  I was starting to feel a little better, and she is going to come by this weekend to see the inside of the place.  She drove by and liked the outside, and has family in the same city, so that's good.

Call #3 came in at 7pm this evening and the couple lives in the same neighborhood already!  OMG I was so happy to speak with them bec it was so much easier to describe the similarities between the two houses!  Their landlord keeps raising the rent and mine is already a few hundred cheaper than what she and her husband pay.  They really want to stay in the same neighborhood, so get this.  They walked the dog over and looked at my place from the outside.  Ice will meet with them one evening or else we will meet with them over the weekend to show the inside.  The wife asked if we had a fenced yard and I said yes, she was so excited.  She has an old rolly polly dog like my late old beagle.  She said consider the place rented, so unless the background check is bad, this will be a good situation.

I feel so much better now at the end of the day, than I did this morning when that first call came through.  God has really blessed me tonight.  I am praying that there are no red flags and nothing gets in the way.

Whew!

Have a good night, GFs.

~ Cindy  P.S. - Now I want some plantains, lol.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:54:23 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline minismom

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 06:22:57 am »
Andrea, Glad you liked them!  I have to warn you, though, they are SO addictive.

Cindy, CONGRATS!!!  Sounds like things are going to work out splendedly!  I'm so glad.

The lady came from the Autism Training Center yesterday.  She explained where we go from here and how the program works.  Then she went outside and played with the kids on the trampoline and let them show her their rooms and their favorite toys.  She was really patient - I think she's going to work out just fine.  She gave Hubby and I some "homework" to do for our next meeting.

Hubby got all the trim and baseboards torn out and everything but our bed out of the bedroom.  Today it gets painted - 1 coat this morning, another this afternoon.  We'll let it try overnight, then move everything back in tomorrow.  We ordered our floor and it won't be in until August 28th.  Looks like we'll be making another trip to Pittsburgh the end of the month.

Other than that, still not much going on.  The girls and I have hair appointments at 8am on Thursday.  Then, we'll take #6 to the ENT for another hearing eval.  I can't believe it's almost August.  Where in the world did summer go??

Much love and take care!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 09:01:21 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, now I'm going to have to try making those pizza rolls at some point.

Cin, it sounds like this couple could be the ones renting the place.  I'm really glad.  You need someone responsible in there.  That woman who couldn't come up with the deposit doesn't sound good. 

Mum, I'm glad the autism lady is going to work out.  That's got to be a relief.  I don't know why summer has gone by so fast.  A lady at where I volunteer was just saying the other day how fast time goes now that she's older.  I told her I understood, that when I was 16, it seemed like time drug on forever.  Now that I'm older, there's not enough time to get things done.

I didn't hear from the HR department yesterday.  My friend who works there told me to give them a week before calling.  I'm also going to give the university (where I want to take the certificate program) another week.  Then Monday, I'm calling.  School starts in a month, and if I do get in, I'm going to have to get in touch with my student loan company to set things up. 

Today I have to get an oil change, pick up prescriptions, get my records from my old eye doctor (the one who shot himself), and do a little shopping.  I don't think there's much else to do, but that should keep me busy for awhile.  Hell, I'm not even dressed yet.         You all have a good day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.