Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:29:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 621
Total: 623

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anyone See "The Departed"  (Read 3666 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Anyone See "The Departed"
« on: November 14, 2006, 01:57:37 pm »
If not,go see it. Very violent,which is a good thing.
 Wow! I was never a big fan of Leo,except in "catch me if you can", but he could win the Oscar for this one. Nicholson is at his devilish best. Two of my favorite communists are superb,Baldwin and Martin Sheen.
Ray Winstone from 'sexy beast. Marky Mark and Mat Damon are great.  Very Intense.

Offline randym431

Re: Anyone See "The Departed"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 03:49:59 pm »
Yes! It WAS very good. And really different, plot wise. The end really surprised me, didnt expect that. I like mob-type movies anyway, so this was a treat. One of those you need to see twice to catch what you missed the first time around. I heard Jack Nicholson turned down the part but after a meeting with Leonardo DiCaprio he agreed to do it. Robert De Niro was originally set to play Jack Nicholson's part but was tied up doing another film. Go see it!

Don’t see or rent The Black Dahlia. Not to change the subject but that film was so bad its beyond bad.
I thought it was about the true unsolved Hollywood actress murder back in the 1940's, NOPE, NADA!
It was these three sicko's on a killing spree with the Black Dahlia murder as their motivation.
It was filmed or looked like it was filmed with some ones camcorder. Totally a waste of time.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 03:57:44 pm by randym431 »
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 05:02:49 pm »
If not,go see it. Very violent,which is a good thing.

Thanks. Yeah, heard it'is a thinking person's movie too (conscience versus "couldn't care less)

The violence I can live without but I like movies about good versus evil

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 12:33:45 pm »
Randy, I was also extremely disappointed with The Black Dahlia.   
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline randym431

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 11:02:53 am »
Still not trying to change the subject, but Jim Carrey has a film coming out soon thats different for him. Its called NUMBER 23. And he's like the devil (666) or something. A very evil dark film, especially for Jim.
Actually there are a lot of interesting films coming out up till Christmas (for a change).
One called BOBBY thats on Robbert F. Kennedy and its LOADED with stars. I think every star in Hollywood is in it.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 11:26:16 am »
oh goodness, that ain't no laughing matter!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 01:28:19 pm »
Still not trying to change the subject, but Jim Carrey has a film coming out soon thats different for him. Its called NUMBER 23. And he's like the devil (666) or something. A very evil dark film, especially for Jim.
Actually there are a lot of interesting films coming out up till Christmas (for a change).
One called BOBBY thats on Robbert F. Kennedy and its LOADED with stars. I think every star in Hollywood is in it.

I will have to keep an eye out for that because I like Jim Carrey. But I wanna see Evan Almighty which is kinda like the sequel to Bruce Almighty except it has the dude on it from the office. I think he can pull that off even though Jim Carrey is not in it.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline randym431

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 01:09:53 am »
The Black Dahlia. What a fool I was!!!!

So two weeks ago I seen in new releases Black Dahlia at hollywood video for rent.
Rented it, it was awful as I said (post above) and I have been telling everyone DONT SEE/RENT IT!

So I was talking with a friend, and looked on hollywood video web at up coming DVD's. On Dec 26 THE BLACK DAHLIA is to be release. I thought "hows that?". I just rented it two weeks ago.
Well I was shammed. Turns out what I rented, and they had under new releases, in a box with near the SAME photo, was NOT the theater release movie THE BLACK DAHLIA. It was if fact a low (very very low) budget look alike called just BLACK DAHLIA (the THE is missing in the title).

BLACK DAHLIA is this home movie-like thing of three psycho’s on a killing spree. Makes TEXAS CHAINSAW movies look like a Disney production, compared to this piece of crap.

So all my ranting was misguided. The actual THE BLACK DAHLIA doesn’t even come out on DVD till 12/26.
The movie with an actual plot, with real movie stars and released in theaters at one time (even though it bombed) is not even out on DVD yet.
I just could not believe some moron could make a cheap look-a-like of the legit movie, release it with the same movie photo on the box, and get away with it. Hope someone is sued over this scam. Even IMDB.com movie database does not list the stars in the rip-off version, it was sooooo bad. Geeeesh!

Sorry bout that everyone...

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0387877/    Actual movie

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0905968/    home-movie ripoff

and reviews http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0905968/usercomments
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 01:23:29 am by randym431 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.