Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:01:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 508
Total: 509

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tranny doctor today. ;D  (Read 4744 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Tranny doctor today. ;D
« on: March 19, 2008, 06:37:45 pm »
And I seem to have acquired a new lab girl. At first she didn't rub me right but after a bit I started to really like her [iunno, I'm picky about people who are going to stick me with needles]. Her name is Taylor and she had a remark for every question I asked her ("How many vials?" "Oh, just 72.") ("Don't worry, I was with the red cross, I'm really good at this - unless I'm having a bad day." "...are you?" "I guess you're about to find out!").

What a hoot. Seriously.  ::)

To her credit though she WAS very good at it. :P Hehe.

Anyways, I'll be getting my lipid panel, total testosterone, CMP and prolactin tests from the labs this time and I should have them in about 3 weeks because we're poor and they take longer for people without insurance. Yippee. Last time my cholesterol was a bit high. This may be due to heredity though, as I have a very good diet and I'm not horribly overweight by any stretch. I have healthified my diet more since the last time I had a lipid panel done so maybe it'll improve? Also. Cheerios. I've been eating a lot of Cheerios.

Oh, and I love these people because they are so super understanding. We had NO co pay at all.

Edit: Oh, and this is the first time any doctor has handed me the receipt for anything instead of handing it to a parent. Eee. I'm such a grownup.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:40:54 pm by Mouse »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Tranny doctor today. ;D
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 06:48:48 pm »
Hun, every time I read one of your posts, I just want to give you a big hug.  I'm glad you had such a good day at the doc's.  Oh, and yes, you are growing up aren't you.  Wow.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 07:19:13 pm »
I hop in line right behind Betty to give you a big hug, honey.   ;)

Having a good phlebotomist (how do you spell that anyway?) can make a big difference in how you feel about lab work!   I've had some (mainly one guy for many years) who could slip that needle in, draw those vials, and pop it out without me hardly even feeling it.

Now, on the other hand, I've had some 'amateurs' poke and jab and leave me all black and blue   >:(

Glad you had a good visit, Mr. Grownup.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 07:20:21 pm »
Welcome to old age! Mouse, I think you are amazing! I am with Betty on this, I just want to give you a hug and a peck on the cheek!

Thanks for the update, and Mouse, I am proud of you!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline fearless

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 07:40:09 pm »
Sounds great, Mouse.

I have this crazy chatterbox English woman draw my blood. She could seriously talk underwater. The blood draw only takes a few minutes but we natter on and on for about 15 minutes - swimming, smoking, men.

Ahem.... I didn't realise Cheerios were part of a healthy diet!!! The things I've been denying myself.  :P
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:45:42 pm »
My bloods are normally drawn by my CNC, the Indefatigable Jo. Jo is brilliant, feather touch. Occasionally she's away and her fill, a lovely CNS called Penny, assumes the spike.

Great woman, appalling venepuncturist. All the AIDS victims who go to my clinic call her "Harpoon Hannah". Honestly, the Japanese are kinder to whales than that woman is to your veins.

MtD

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 07:54:09 pm »
Cheerios here are marketed as being part of a heart-healthy diet ;D

Mini had the same "lab chicken" (her term) from her 1st draw (at 6wks) until last year.  She'd walk in, and tell Jo to clear her chair.  Now, it's just luck of the draw.  One idiot time before last bi-passed the big, fat, blue vein to poke at some teeny vein visible only to her.  After doing the poke and dig, i insisted she pull out the needle and try again.  She got snotty and asked me where she should stick it.  I was a good girl and bit my tongue :P.  She stuck the right vein and TA-DA! blood flowed freely.  Mini looked at her and said, "See what happens when you listen." 

So, this past time, she sat in the chair and told the lab chicken (a different one), "You have ONE chance.  You use this arm and put the needle in that big ol' blue vein right there.  If you can't listen and do what you're told, go find someone else."  I just about peed my pants.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 08:08:01 pm »
"You have ONE chance.  You use this arm and put the needle in that big ol' blue vein right there.  If you can't listen and do what you're told, go find someone else."  I just about peed my pants.
OMG. That is priceless, I think I would have been on the floor.

The trips had thier blood drawn it seemed like a million times because we were in a study. It really amazes me how some of those people can not do thier job.  Thankfully, I had a wonderful nurse that would help them and me.

Mouse-  Glad you had a good appt today and you like Taylor.  Are you on meds that could affect your cholesterol?  My doc just switche my meds because mine was elevated.

Take care,
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 07:34:39 pm »
Wow.

Okay, so I took some new pictures today because I realized I hadn't in months. And then I looked back at pictures from eight months ago when I first started testosterone and compared them and holy shit. I am so so so so happy you guys. Look:

This is me eight months ago:

This is me now:

Hello more masculine body shape and facial shape. Holy shit.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:36:48 pm by Mouse »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 07:37:22 pm »
Wow, Jase, yes, much more manly.  You look good, kiddo. :)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 08:28:49 pm »
Very handsome. Glad you had a good dr visit.

Offline next2u

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 09:23:56 pm »
dude, luv your hair!!! happy to hear things are  well in your neck of the woods.
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 09:25:58 pm »
Jaser...Iggy and I have to say. WOW...what a difference eight months has made. You are an incredibly handsome and good looking guy!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Peter6836

• Me and my Granddaughter Noa
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 09:42:07 am »
Jaser,
I must jump in here and piggy back on what has been said. You are a very handsome looking guy and have a wonderful personality.
Keep going, your great, we all enjoy and love you.
Peter

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.