Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

No Fun Day at the Carnival...Cruise Ship Stranded

<< < (13/13)

Basquo:

--- Quote from: mecch on February 15, 2013, 04:00:10 am ---Rosanne herself?
Laurie Metcalf?
Sandra Bernhard?
If it was Sandra Bernhard and you don't know her name you must now go wear a shame hat in the corner for not knowing your middling Gay Icons....

--- End quote ---

I thought he meant Shelly Winters LOL!

I have done cruise ships twice and was sick as shit because I get slow motion sickness, but I was not on board for more than 24 hours so I have yet to find out if I'd get over it.

My dad texted me yesterday that they are in FLL and today on the ship, "NOT Carnival." They like to drink wine and sleep out on the balcony.  I should give it a go.

tednlou2:

--- Quote from: mikeyb39 on February 16, 2013, 06:27:07 am ---Now Lisa Lapanelli she is funny, dirty, and a great standup comedianne. and of course chris rock and eddie murphy are great

--- End quote ---

See, this proves funny is in the eye of the beholder.  Lisa makes me uncomfortable, with her race and gay jokes.  I know comedians are suppose to push the envelope and even make people uncomfortable at times.  Yes, I also know we have to laugh at ourselves and the stereotypes, because stereotypes are often based in truth, or some truth.  I do find her funny at times, but I usually have to FF to the next. 

I will give you that Kathy can be irritating.  Her character on Seinfeld was really her.  The scene, where Kramer has to break his vow of silence to tell her to shut up, seems about right. 

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on February 14, 2013, 12:46:41 pm ---Now see, that's what I meant I won't do -- EVER. Driving across an entire continent just seems really stupid.

--- End quote ---

Ah, I used to love it when I lived in Seattle. The biggest ball of twine in this or that little town, oysters for sale on the side of the road in...Nevada (yes), the officer in Nebraska who pulled me over for speeding only to, wait which forum is this? No, I can't continue with that story.

I would love to do that one more time, though that sounds a little "Boys on the Side" doesn't it? The West Coast is calling.

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: tednlou2 on February 17, 2013, 01:59:04 am ---See, this proves funny is in the eye of the beholder.  Lisa makes me uncomfortable, with her race and gay jokes.  I know comedians are suppose to push the envelope and even make people uncomfortable at times.  Yes, I also know we have to laugh at ourselves and the stereotypes, because stereotypes are often based in truth, or some truth.  I do find her funny at times, but I usually have to FF to the next. 

--- End quote ---

I found her funny the first time, but like Margaret Cho, the act never seems to change. I can only see MC make fun of her mom so many times, and the same goes for Lisa Lampanelli's love for black men.

I don't have cable (is that stilla thing) so I feel like my entire pop culture world is frozen somewhere in 2000-2006. Maybe that's what it means to get old in the post-whatever-this-is world. You stop taking in new media.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version