Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:15:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 187
Total: 189

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm getting through this thanks to everyone's advise and suggestions. THANKS  (Read 4939 times)

Offline Sinsation

Hello to all,

To those of you that have responded to my posts....thanks so much! It really has put me in a much better frame of mind since only joining this forum about a week ago. I'm very new to all of this since being diagnosed with (AIDS) CD4 105, VL 57,000 and I'm at 9%. Given that I was was diagnosed this past April I don't have the timeline that I've read about where some who are newly diagnosed having several years to wait until going on meds. I thought that maybe that would be the case for me. But it's not. So I'll be starting on my "cocktail" this week. I'm not sure why my numbers were what they were because I tested negative as of June of 05. Is this a "normal" occurrence? Another couple factors that may be the case but my doc won't confirm or deny the reason for my numbers are that I have Hep B. That possible could be one factor why my numbers are where they are. I also was getting strep infections all last year and i was taking Echinacea....aha!!! That also may be the reason for my low CD4 count. Although I'm not sure. But as most may feel starting on meds for the first time, I'm very anxious and scared. Although I do know I need the meds it's going to be a touch and go time for me in the next few weeks or so. Telling you all this is very cathartic for me. Just sometimes i feel so alone in all this. But thanks for being there guys. It sincerely has helped!! I will do my best to keep you posted with everything that is going on with me. I know we all have our battles in life and indeed it's not what we're given, it's how we deal with it. I've always had an optimist view on life and I have a saying that i find very simple and profound in my life and why i feel we're all here."Love, Learn, Laugh & Let Go". It's got me through some rough times in the past. I hope your days greet you with kind hearts and warm smiles...always!
Steve

Offline libra11_dj

• what's so hard to love ?
Wish u luck on ur meds...what r u taking?...and r u having any side effects?...Hugs.

Offline appleboy

• Just me!
Steve,
Yes you sometimes have to let go.  I know the one thing that has helped me over the last year and 7 months has been laughter.  I wish you all the best with the meds.  If you feel down laugh hard and loud!
Thinking of ya!
AppleBoy
If you are walking down the street and your pants drop to your ankles bend over pick them up and keep on walking!
My Blog

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
Hello to all,

Given that I was was diagnosed this past April I don't have the timeline that I've read about where some who are newly diagnosed having several years to wait until going on meds. I thought that maybe that would be the case for me. But it's not. So I'll be starting on my "cocktail" this week. I'm not sure why my numbers were what they were because I tested negative as of June of 05. Is this a "normal" occurrence? Another couple factors that may be the case but my doc won't confirm or deny the reason for my numbers are that I have Hep B.

Hi Steve,

You're not the only one to wonder.
6 months after I was tested negative a positive test came up. My numbers then were cd4:350 vl 500 000. I did not have any kind of Hepatitis. I went first through a course of alternative medecines as I hated the idea to go for allopathic treatment. My cd4's stayed more or less stable, vl went down a bit... for about a year. Then the cds plumeted and vl shot up to over a million. I started meds :-[

I've never found the reason for this. Could my first test have been flawed? maybe. Could I possibly have lived for a while (but no more than 6 months I am sure) with my unwanted guest and because of a healthy lifestyle (save for work stress) kept it in check? Or did overall stress weaken my immune system a longtime ago, opening the door wide open?? Questions, questions...

I finally gave up trying to figure this one out, and am now trying to find the best possible way of coping mentally, physically and spiritualy with the situation. Despite being a new member, I know that the people who gather here are already part of this quest.

Good luck, and let us know how you do ;)

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.