Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

What stresses you the Most about being HIV+

(1/5) > >>

newbernswiss:
What is the one thing that stresses you the most being HIV+.  :'(

dad1216:
Since you asked for one:

HIV winning, and me loosing....

Bob (who, along with others, have a long list)

MOONLIGHT1114:
Right now its the loneliness and isolation, but I am changing that!

~Cindy

ubotts:
HAVING TO TELL FAMILY N FRIENDS THAT IAM HIV..
I CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET WHEN I WAS 19..TELL MY MOM I WAS GAY
YEARS LATER, I HAD TO COME OUT OF ANOTHER CLOSET..BEING HIV POS..
THE STIMGA IS WORSE THAN THE DIEASE ...
I HAVE HAD, PEOPLE THAT KNEW ABOUT MY HIV STATUS, PULLING THERE CHILDREN AWAY FROM
ME, AND WENT TO A FAMILY THANKGVIVING DINNER, THE TABLET WAS SET WITH BEAUTIFUL
CHINA, MY PLACE SETTING, WAS A PLASTIC PLATE WITH PLASTIC UNTENSILS..
I THOUGHT I WOULD DIE.......I COULDNT JUST UP AND LEAVE BECAUSE A FRIEND HAD TAKE ME
TO MY FAMILYS HOME....THERE WERE NO BUSES AROUND AND I DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO
TAKE A CAB HOME.............SO I SAT THERE LIKE I HAD LEPROCY..THEY MIGHT AS WELL, PUT ME ON
A DESERTED ISLAND................THAT WAS JUST ONE OF MY WORST DAYS..........

Miss Philicia:
Definitely telling my family was the hugest stress, and one I lived with for an entire decade.  I kept telling myself that it was not causing me any stress and was in complete, deep and utter denial about it.  Finally I removed the issue from the plate and told them, but still I am cognizant of the fact that telling them in '93 and '03 represent wildly different scenarios.  At least by '03 more people were familiar enough with HIV to know I was not facing imminent death.

Today the stress is mostly what I call "long term battle scars" in that I think my mind is fucked residually from it all.  I've spent the last couple of years in therapy seeking to correct this and manage it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version