Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:32:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 227
Total: 230

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating thread part XVIII - It's Leap Year, so ask him to marry you!  (Read 62631 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Dating thread part XVIII - It's Leap Year, so ask him to marry you!
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2008, 09:43:04 pm »
One more time ladies:

Snow, I do hope your older son gets better soon.  Are they thinking his kidneys might be involved?

Wendy, I didn't know you were dealing with all that pain.  Yeah, dealing with any county facility is frustrating.  I hope they can do something to make the pain stop.  Good luck.

Cin, I'm glad you're going to be able to relax now for a couple days.  Don't forget to play some. ;)

My dad doesn't want to go anywhere and the god of the siblings doesn't think he should; and she holds the most weight when it comes to telling my father what he should be doing.  Le sigh.  I'm going to go to bed here real soon.  If I'm feeling up to it, I might try to go to an NA meeting tomorrow.  If not though, oh well.  Sleep tight ladies-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2008, 11:11:24 pm »
Betty-Ugh! My mother goes through the same thing with her siblings.  Whats up with that?  That sucks that you have to deal with that!  Hope you have a good day tomorrow.
The doc mentioned his kidneys but when he showed her where it hurt on his back, she said it was not near the kidneys.  I am going to keep my fingers crossed.
Win- I hope you feel better soon, I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain, too. 
Moon- Have fun at Icemans house!  I had an Australian shepard named Shaq I had gotten from a shelter and he hated men and my daughter middle name is Abbie after the beagle I had growing up.  She was my best friend and the sister I never had.  How sick is that? :) You named your daughter after your dog...whatta ya mean....she was a REALLY nice dog! ;D  She waited for me to come home for Christmas break my first year in college, I got home late, played with her a little, gave her some love, went to bed and in the morning she was gone :'(  I was heartbroken, but we were together a long time.
Come and visit anytime you want.  I have not liking the weather in this state too much these days but like say around here....you don't like the weather...wait a minute, it will change.  I love it around here in Sept and Oct.
Got to go do dog duty now. Sleep tight, everyone!
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2008, 11:40:25 pm »
LOL, Iceman used to have a dog named Cindy.

No, GFs, don't EVEN go there.    ::)
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2008, 12:14:14 am »
It's a miracle....She did the dishes... ;D I think she got the hint earlier when she saw me neatly stacking them and wiping off the counter. I admit it was starting to get on my nerves, that's why I stacked them. I hate seeing dishes all over the place from the sink to the stove.

My sugar has been kinda of high off and on today. Bouncing around up to 180 about 2 hours ago when I checked. I feel tired and sluggish as hell. Kevin had called me earlier but I didn't answer my phone. We were suppose to get together tonight but I just didn't feel up to it. He hasn't called back but he prolly will tomorrow. Maybe I will feel better then.

My gay bff came over today to report that his bf checked himself into the hospital for depression. He has been on meds for awhile but stopped for a few days. I guess he also tried to cut his stomach open with a scapal(sp?). I am not really crazy about my bff bf because he has put him through sheer hell as well as involving him in a bad drug habit. But I don't judge or preach to bff. But I can't help but worry about him. They both were recently diagnosed poz and I really don't think they are taking care of themselves. I believe they go see a doctor but I don't think they are on meds. And now come to find out that his bf lost his job and the police are ready to lock him up for parking tickets. They actually went to the hospital to get him but I guess he was in too bad a shape to take. My bf already works like a slave and now he is going to be even worse trying to pick up the slack for his bf. Even his appearance has changed and I know it is because of the drugs and stress coming from his bf. I want to talk to him but I know it would do no good. He had left the bf once before but went back to him so I doubt he will leave him now especially in the condition he is now in. I hate it because I feel helpless because I know there is nothing I can do to help him. It sucks.. :'( It has been awhile since we hung together and I know it is because of his bf and the drugs.

Cindy--- Actually, I am doing pretty good with holding back with Kevin. But those hands... ;) I think I don't have a problem because to me he is moving a bit too fast. An example of this, he has been trying to get me to spend the night with him already. He has asked me twice and I keep making excuses not to. How do you invite someone to spend the night that you have just met? In my eyes, we have already moved too fast with all the touchy feely... ;) We have barely held a conversation. I guess we're both in heat, he's just more in heat than I am. I'd spray him with some water but he just might like it.... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2008, 08:41:03 am »
I'd spray him with some water but he just might like it.... ;D

:D :D  That is too funny, gf!     I know what you're talking about with your gay bff.  It's like you've lost the friend you once had.  That's happened to me.  I had a very good friend who was a crack addict.  He was abstaining from crack, but he never gave up the booze.  That eventually lead him back to the crack.  The last time I saw him, he had lost 40 lbs in one month, was having to move because of being evicted, and his utilities and cable were on shut-off.  And he was always one (before relapsing) to take care of those things.  I had to withdraw from the friendship.  And when I was in the nursing home being over-medicated and acting psychotic, my bff kept telling people "I want my friend back."  You're right, nothing you can say will change the situation.  Maybe just let him know you'll be there for him. 

I wonder where Cristy's (cjc) has been lately.  It's been awhile since we heard anything from her.  I hope her little Robert is better.  The high temp tomorrow is supposed to be 10 with a windchill of -20. :o  The winds are supposed to be 50 mph.  And it's not looking any better until Wednesday.  So I'm going to try to get my laundry done today, as I don't like to venture outside when it's so cold, unless absolutely necessary.  I'm feeling better, though, so that's a good thing.  I'm also going to write another paper for my social psych class, so I won't have work piling up for the last minute.  I'm sure I'll check back in later.  Have a good one-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2008, 11:50:12 am »
I,m here. Just been being quiet. I just got through reading Paulette's post about her husband.  So sad.                                                      No matter how things go I guess I should be grateful to be alive.               Things are okay. I work tonight and a Tea tomorrow. Should be okay. Little Robert is okay. The virus he caught is running rampant through his school. I hope he doesn't catch it again.                                      Queen, you go girl.  If you spray him with water, he might suggest a shower together so be careful ;D ;D    Glad your housemate is helping. I've had a few like that. Very frustrating.                                            Betty, Glad you feel better. Good luck with the paper for your class. The situation with your dad sounds stressful.  Wish it wasn't.                  I have lots of laundry to fold before work. Hope everyone is okay. If I didn't reply to you, I love ya anyway.   Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2008, 12:09:17 pm »
Nothing planned for today. I guess I will just chill. I do have to call in a few prescriptions. That's as good as it gets..lol..I am feeling better today. It's suppose to get cold here too. I will have to go pick them up before that happens. Can you believe it, I have nothing to say.... :o Maybe it's cause I just smoked a doobie and am feeling it's effects... :D I will check back later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2008, 02:16:31 pm »
Iceman just rode his H-D up to the store to get a few things.  He splurged on a new H-D leather riding jacket and is wearing it everywhere, even when not on the bike.  Its VERY nice on him.  I was bumming after I posted last night cause I found something on the computer here at Iceman's that I didn't like (aka a website he had been looking at).    It made me feel jealous and insecure about my body (see where this is going?), and last night my head was a mess from it all. 

I did the right thing and talked to him about it today, esp after seeing a desktop background on his laptop that could have been straight out of the SI swimsuit issue.  I know better than to worry about Ice looking at beautiful women, bec he loves me very much and is very open with me.  I basically said that if he was going to look at that stuff online, to be smarter and not let me find out.  This lipo isn't going anywhere.

So, this was all interesting, me having something weighing on my mind, and forcing myself to COMMUNICATE rather than suffer silently while holding it in.  Iceman was very understanding and supportive and said he would respect my wishes in the future without being so insensitive again.  We are still getting to know each other's quirks, but I am happy to report that he is as great about the entire topic as I thought he would be.

Thank goodness.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:59:51 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2008, 06:50:03 pm »
I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I'm ok mostly.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2008, 12:01:55 am »
Hey ladies-

Nothing exciting to report.  My bff and I went to a meeting tonight.  There was a girl there who had been in a bad car accident 12 years ago, had been on Methadone for 9 years and has only been off for 6 months.  She was shaking and crying.  I offered her some condolences after the meeting and told her 6 months was not a long enough detox for Methadone.  Boy, the memories she brings back.  She's at the YWCA currently, and they monitor the meds she takes now.  I don't know if she will make it or not; I hope she does of course. 

You know, a friend of mine bought me a webcam and brought it over last week.  I have yet to mess around with it.  I really have no idea about what to do with it.  I might mess with it tomorrow.  I never did get that paper written today, so I will have to do that tomorrow as well.  I did go to the library to take back the movies I had and got a few more.  So I have stuff to keep me occupied. 

I really need to go to bed, because I'm supposed to deacon at church tomorrow.  I don't know if I'm going to or not, as the wind chill here will be -20.  I hate going out in weather like that.  Oh well, have a good night everyone-

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2008, 12:43:21 am »
Don't feel bad, Betty. I don't have anything to report either. It has been a pretty quiet day. No one came over and my cell didn't ring once. I took a nap earlier for about an hour. That's as exciting as it got. I have a slight headache, not sure where it has come from. I have checked my sugar today and they have not been bad so I know it is not that. I took some aspirin but it doesn't seem to be completely knocking it out. Which is making me want to go back to bed. And I probably will shortly. I hope the other ladies have had a more eventful day then we had... :D Good Night....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2008, 07:57:01 am »
Good blustery morning ladies-

And believe me, it is.  The winds are howling at 40 miles an hour and it's only 6 degrees outside.  I got up, fully intending to carry out my duty as deacon today, but now, I'm not so sure.  I absolutely hate going out in weather like this. 

Queen, what are you and I going to do to bring some excitement to our lives? :D  I mean good excitement, of course. 

Well, today I will probably try to hook up the webcam.  My friend who got it for me was going on and on about how I could take a picture (or something like that) with it and send it to him.  I'm really not very computer savvy, so I don't know how that will go.  Any ladies with webcam experience, please chime in.  I really want to get that skype thing.  I understand they're only like $15.   My friend left me the receipt for this webcam and it was only $12.  But I understand someone else has to have a webcam for "live" viewing.  This is a whole new thing for me.  Wish me luck. 

Other than that, well, I really don't have anything else to say right now.  I'm sure I'll be checking back in a little later.  Mornin' ladies-

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2008, 11:35:37 am »
Betty-- I may be able to help with the webcam thing. It came with a disc, right? Install the disc and follow the instructions. Downloading the disc will put th drivers you need on to your computer. It's really quite simple. Most instant messengers like yahoo, will allow you to be in real time. The other person doesn't need a cam to see you, just for you to see them. I'm not sure how else I can help unless you have a more specific question. I'm not sure if skype has a webcam feature, I thought it was just to call people for free. There are a few people on here with skype like Aunty D, Matty, and Lil Mouse that maybe able to answer that for you.

I went to bed with a headache and woke up with one. I hate that. I'll prolly go lay back down. Kevin called twice last night but late so I didn't answer the phone even though I was up. His last call was at 3:15am, I couldn't understand for the life of me why he would call that late. He prolly worked last night but still. He didn't leave a message so I am not sure what is going on but next time I do see him, we're gonna talk about these late night calls.

I don't have anything else to report for now so I am going to lay back down for a few more hours...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2008, 02:31:22 pm »
Well, I tried to put the webcam on and I can't figure it out.  I will just wait until the person that gave it to me can come over and show me how to work it.  I haven't done jack today.  It's just too cold outside.  I did go outside to make sure my car started; I was out there for about 10 minutes and when I came in, I couldn't feel my fingers.  They're warning people here to stay in because of it being so dangerously cold. 

So, I'm a little frustrated about the webcam thing.  I think I will get that skype thing next month; hopefully I will be able to figure that one out.  What a pain in the ass.  I did finish my paper for my social psych class.  I think I'm going to take a nap. 

Offline superkim24

• without a doubt
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2008, 03:18:18 pm »
Ladies,
This Title is an idea you should really consider, Without fear.
I was thinking about it recently even started searching for mens engagement rings. :-[
Saw some great ones at
http://www.phillipnoel.com

My take is why wait on him if you are sure and ready let's change tradition.  :D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2008, 06:32:38 pm »
Betty---What problems are you having with the webcam? Usually when you put in the disk that came with the cam, it guides you on what to do? Are you having error messages? If you had an instant messenger, it would be easier for me to help you out.

I have been sleeping all day. Now I'll probably be up all night. Great. I haven't ventured outside but there is a chill in the house. I turned the heat up to 80. I know the gas bill is going to be outrageous once again. I feel like going back to sleep again. I have been jittery most of the day, I think my sugar had crashed. I ate a piece of chocolate cake and had some pepsi, last check my sugar was at 127 but I still feel crappy. I hope I am not coming down with anything.

Superkim--- Well, welcome to the Forums. I am already married but has been separated for going on 7 years. I don't plan on asking anyone to marry me no time soon, believe it. I'm working on getting a divorce even though I don't know where the bastard is. I am kind of partial to the Irish wedding ring though and likes the story behind it.

Any ladies thinking of proposing to their man?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2008, 06:45:23 pm »
Hey Queen, the disc that the stuff gets downloaded from doesn't give instructions.  I'll just try again tomorrow.  I get frustrated very fast with things that are technical.  If I can't figure it out, I have a couple friends who are very high-tech people who can do it.  *sigh*  You know, I was thinking about this.... the last time I was in the hospital, I was put on a diabetic diet.  I thought I was going to get sick, the food was so nasty.  What we need are chefs who can cook us up tastey meals that we can enjoy. :D 

Superkim, hello and welcome to the forums.  I'm not going to ask anyone to marry me.  I've been married twice.  So, for now, that's enough for me.  I'm not dating anyone and haven't had sex in like four years.  And believe me, the last person I had sex with really wasn't worth the effort (yeah, it was that bad).  I sometimes wonder if maybe I might have cobwebs. :o 

Anyway, it's still freezing here.  The high temp tonight is supposed to be 2.  That's too cold for me, way too cold.  I hope you ladies are keeping warm, wherever you are. 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2008, 07:10:46 pm »
Betty-- Funny, you should mention that. I was joking with the nurses in the hospital about the diabetic diet. I told them that they should try eating it and that even my cats wouldn't touch that crap. It made them laugh. I remember the roast beef and pork tenderloin tasted like dried leather. The only thing that was worth eating to me was the grilled chicken salad.

And when I hadn't been serviced for a few years, I could bet if someone yelled in my poonani they would hear an echo... :D I am under the covers now and it must be really cold out because the parts of me that isn't covered is cold as hell. I feel like pulling the cover over my head. I sure could use Kevin's body heat now.. ;) But instead I will snuggle up with Nefertiti who is sound asleep and just passed kitty gas....Ewwwwww.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline vivyt

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2008, 08:16:11 pm »
Ok ladies...I just had an incredibly embarrassing moment. I am not even sure it is appropriate to write about here but oh well...

I had mentioned a while ago that my ex had come back into my life and we have been "hooking up". He came over one Sunday and let's just say there was a lot of activity. I have always been very private and since I live in a condominium complex I am very aware of how close the neighbors are and I try to be sensitive to it. I wasn't sure if the guy next to me was home that day but now I know for sure that he was. I was talking to him(my nextdoor neighbor) about the man that lives upstairs and how crazy he is. He is always complaining about noise. So my neighbor tells me that he always complains about my dog and I told him that he needs to come talk to me then. Now here comes the embarrassment...my neighbor then says that he wants to tell me something and that I shouldn't be embarrassed about it. Right away I think I know what he is talking about...he says that a couple of weeks ago on Sunday he heard "some stuff" and he didn't complain.  :o I wanted to die! I turned so red! He kept saying not to be embarrassed and I said I am embarrassed and we are done talking about it....I just feel like moving....uggghhhh! Everytime I see him I know I am going to feel stupid. I know it does sound kind of funny...like a teenage story. We have done it in places that could get us arrested and I end up getting caught at my house. I guess I will avoid him....what should I do? :)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2008, 08:51:16 pm »
Viv--- It is kinda funny, sorry. But to me there is nothing to be embarrassed about. You were getting your freak on and you're a bit vocal. Is it your fault the walls are paper thin? Not at all. Maybe next time you should turn on some music to sort of drown you out.. ;) And why wouldn't it be appropriate to talk about it here? We're all women and adults. I can imagine your face going beet red. Hell, I have a roomie and I know I get loud if a person is hitting it well. I think she just turns the tv up... :D

Kevin called me twice and I missed his calls, Damn!!! He prolly wanted to hook up but I still feel crappy. It's not my sugar, just checked it again...123...I think I am coming down with something. My tummy feels queasy but I don't have a temp and I am sniffling a bit.

I have been enjoying having the crib to myself today. My roomie went somewhere to install a new sink and toilet for somebody. The cats have been in a coma and all is well except for me feeling sick. I am just glad the headache is gone. Funny, I can deal with pain except for headaches, I get like a baby and just want to sleep. Nothing is on tv but am glancing at Pulp Fiction. I have seen it so many times but one of my fave parts is when John Travolta is dancing with Uma Thurman at Jack Rabbit Slim's.

I'm going to do some drive by posts and then jump to playing Warcraft. Maybe go back to sleep again. I'll check in later...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline vivyt

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2008, 09:04:12 pm »
I know you're right...it is kind of funny. The ex a.k.a. "Mr. Wonderful" likes it and thinks the neighbor liked it too. I'll never understand guys...I guess I would rather get busted at home then in the other places we've been... ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2008, 10:51:22 pm »
Viv, that is hilarious.  I got busted skinny dipping with a couple guys years ago; I also got busted fucking a guy in a public park (it was at night).  The Michigan state police shined their spotlight on us.  At the time I wasn't embarrased, because I was so fucked up.  I'm just glad I never got arrested for public indecency.  Don't worry about having sound effects.  Like our Queen said, if it does bother you, turn the stereo up. 

Queen, I know all about that hospital leather meat.  It seems almost like they try to starve a person.  I hope you're not coming down with that stomach flu shit.  I heard it's very uncomfortable. 

Other than that ladies, nothing new to report.  I'm waiting for my Kaletra to get here.  The doc switched me from Sustiva/Trizivir to Kaletra/Trizivir.  I remember taking that when it was liquid and had to be refrigerated.  Glad it's not like that now.  Have a good one everyone-

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2008, 12:27:12 am »
I know you're right...it is kind of funny. The ex a.k.a. "Mr. Wonderful" likes it and thinks the neighbor liked it too. I'll never understand guys...I guess I would rather get busted at home then in the other places we've been... ;D

Personally, I like it too when my partner makes some noise. It lets me know that I am doing something right and it is a turn on for me... ;) Holla if you hear me and feel me... :D Unlike, Betty, I have never gotten busted in the great outdoors. Had been to a make out spot once in Miami and while everybody was in their cars getting it on, I was on top of the car instead....hehe...One of my fantasies is to do it in a glass elevator but before I get that bold, I better have some bail money saved up... :o

My roomie has to go finish doing the work she started today. Come to find out she has to lay some floors down in 3 rooms. I'll have the crib to myself again tomorrow..yippee..Kevin called around midnight after he got out of work. We have plans to get together tomorrow. He better appreciate how much I like him cause Monday night is WWE Raw and I usually don't miss that for anyone. I will probably have it on at his house and recording it here at home. I'm sure he will have me too distracted to pay attention.. ;)

Ok, it's been kinda quiet up in here. I am sending a S.O.S out to a few ladies...Cammie, Sunseeker, Wishful, Em, Ann, and Cindy, it's been 2 days for you. Where my girls at? At least do a drive by post to let us know how things are going. Anyone heard from Ms. NY? It has been awhile and I thought the dust would've cleared by now. I am worried about her. Now y'all can't keep making me and Betty hold down the fort forever.

I think I will finish watching The Bride of Chucky and then turn in for the night. Sweet Dreams....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2008, 07:48:57 am »
Good morning ladies-

OMG Queen!  You're going to miss one of your wrestling shows?  *faints* :D  Kevin must be pretty good for that to happen.   

This morning it's only 2 degrees outside.  They're (of course) telling people to stay in.  I have to go out sometime today.  Guess I'll be putting on the layers. 

Yes, we have some MIAs here.  Cristy, where are you at darlin'?  Cin, it's not like you to go a day without posting.  And Camms, what are you up to?  And all the rest of the ladies, well, we miss you guys!  I wish Ann would post more here.  Ann, I know you're busy being goderator, but we'd love it if you'd join us more often. Just sayin'.  Well, until this afternoon-

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2008, 10:56:31 am »
I have a big thing about privacy. Anytime I know someone has heard me, one of the kids, ect. It embarrasses the crap out of me.
I cant imagine going to a neighbor and casually letting them know I heard them screwing someone. What a wierdo LOL

Well maybe if it sounded like they where going to knock a hole thru my wall and where screaming bloody murder. Try explaining that noise to a 3 year old. <giggles> :o

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2008, 12:49:00 pm »
I finally woke up just before noon. I am still feeling groggy but my routine dictates that I check in here everyday. I have the crib to myself again..wooo hoooo. A date later with Kevin. It is 10 degrees here and I am not looking forward to going to CVS to pick up my meds. It is just around the corner. We have the heat all the way up as far as it can go because my roomie said the windows were freezing on the inside. I can imagine what my gas bill is going to be like. :o

I spoke with someone who gave me a bit of information on the place where I am suppose to seek therapy. I guess they have a therapist who deals with the hearing impaired, so I think when I call, I will request her. At least I know she will be sensitive to my hearing issues. I will not worry about anything else for now.

I will check back in later....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2008, 03:56:11 pm »
When hubby and I were in college, we lived in a quad-plex townhouse type thingy.  We were the 3rd house in our row.  Anyway, our neighbor in #4 whose bedroom shared a wall with our bedroom was deaf.  Her guy was deaf, too.  Let me tell ya, what kind of noise THEY made.  Hubby and I used to pound against the wall to try to get their attention.  I sware they were rabbits!  Then one morning, after beating on their wall half the night to get them to SHUT UP, I met Lacee coming out of her house.  She smiled at me all weird and signed, "We 'heard' you two last night." 

I stood there with my mouth open. :o  Here we were pounding the wall to get them to shut up and they were getting off thinking we were having sex!!!!  Oh, good grief, I can't win. :-\

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2008, 06:25:51 pm »
Hi GFs~

I'm here.  Viv, you have nothing to be worried about with your noisemaking self, lol.  I was dating a guy last spring who assured me that the walls in his townhouse were thick and the neighbors wouldn't hear.  So, I let myself go, lol.

Um, they heard alright, and asked him what he was "doing to that poor girl last night?"  LOL  I heard from him a couple of months ago and the neighbors are still teasing him.

Hee-hee, nothing better than a Scorpio in heat, esp now with my Iceman! 

And yes,  it was a HOT weekend.  :D 

Where's the smiley with the shades on, lmao?

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2008, 06:59:24 pm »
Hey girls:

My mum told me of a night where she heard her next-door neighbor screaming.  It woke my mum up and she called her to see if she was o.k. :D  She quieted down after that. 

I went out today to the store and I was freezing!  I had on two shirts, long johns under my jeans and still frigid.  I don't recall the winters being this atrocious in years.  I haven't really done much else today.  I hope everyone is doing alright.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2008, 08:14:54 pm »
Hello ladies. Not much going on here. Got the grocery shopping done for most of the week.                                                                    Viv, I could see how that would be embarrassing.     I wouldn't worry about it to much, he was probably just jealous.                                                   Sorry it is so cold where you are , Betty and Queen.                                        Everything is good here, I just feel like reading most of the time and I am working a lot more cause we are short one server and really could use 2 more.   Little Robert is good but the oldest son is locked up again. New charges pending and a  probation violation is sure to be coming.   SS/DD. What can you do? Guess I will try to just let it go.        ML, glad you and Iceman are still going strong. Got any special m Valentines plans?                                                             Queen, hope the therapist works out for you. I had one for a short time and it helped.                                                              Anyway, tired and got a double tommorrow. Time for bed.    Cristy                                                                                                   
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:29:50 pm by cjc »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2008, 09:11:09 pm »
Hi GFs~

Its unusually cold here, too.  I don't mind it that much, though, better than sweating your ass off, I say.  LOL

Iceman is taking me to a very nice restaurant on Thursday night.  He has his girls Friday night through Sunday, so we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day on THE day itself.  I would type what I am doing for him as far as a gift, but he reads here from time to time, so I'll wait until after.  He told me not to spend any more money on him, since I was unemployed for so long and just getting my act together again.  I DID want to get him a Washington Capitals hockey jersey, but it costs $200.  I confessed to him and he basically said "Don't you dare....."  So, I've come up with something else. 

Iceman and I are doing really well, I couldn't be happier.  :)

~ Cindy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2008, 10:26:12 pm »
Posting again because SOMEONE has a BIRTHDAY this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D   ;D   ;D

Happy Birthday to our Viv on 2/15!    :D

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2008, 10:38:04 pm »
Happy early birthday Viv!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2008, 10:38:52 pm »
I am sending all my warm thoughts to you all in the cold... :)

Well I think I will continue to avoid the neighbor until I feel better. I am bothered by the fact that he heard but I am more bothered by him telling me...kind of weird I think. I am sure we all have some stories about getting caught. I have not been caught in person thank god...I think I would just melt into the ground! LOL! Mr. Wonderful is a firefighter and we have done it in a few firestations (that's exciting!) and some parks. Crazy...

On a different note...lately I have really been in a bad place and can't seem to get out of it. I have OK days and then times when I just want to cry. My mom was asking me about my birthday and I said I don't care and I don't feel like I have anything to celebrate. I tell her that I am still adjusting to this and it has only been a few months. Well she goes back and looks on her calendar, she keeps really good records, and says that it really has been 9 months and she thinks I have forgotten about how sick I was and how far I have come. I told her that if you look at the short term it looks good but when I look at the future I feel defeated. She doesn't get it and it irritates me. She thinks that because I am physically better then everything is OK. I don't know...maybe it's just me. I guess I'll have a lot to talk about tomorrow w/my therapist...

Have a good night ladies..... :)

Offline vivyt

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2008, 10:40:04 pm »
Thank you!!!! I wish you all were close so we could get together and have some drinks... ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2008, 10:40:59 pm »
Ooooh.  Happy birthday Viv!  I hope you do something special for yourself.

I received a letter from my university today.  It's an invitation to take part in the graduation this spring.  I'm not going to, because of finances and the cost of everything that entails graduation.  I won't get the degree anyway until I've completed the course requirements.  I don't really feel excited or anything.  Not sure why.  I have to look at the degree requirements again to see what classes I have left.  I think after the next eight weeks, I only have like six.  I won't be attending this summer; vocational rehab doesn't have funding for it.  So ladies, it looks like there's a light at the end of the tunnel now.  I really don't know exactly what I'm going to do once I complete the degree.  What I would like to do (as I've said before) is to be an addictions counselor.  But only very part-time.  I can't risk losing disability and physically, I can't take working full time.  

Other than that, no other news to report.  Have a good night-

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2008, 11:10:38 pm »
Happy Birthday, Viv
I was suppose to have a date with Kevin but I just couldn't get myself together. I am still feeling sick to my stomach. He did surprise me and stopped over for a few. Then after he left, he called me and we talked about a few things that were on my mind. I assured him that I was not blowing him off because I have missed a few of his calls. He's going to call me tomorrow and see how I am doing.

I had to make myself eat today, I don't have any green at the moment. I am feeling hot but when I check my temp,it says it is normal. I feel like barfing but nothing has happened so far. I took a nap earlier around 5ish and slept til 8 but I still feel like I could go to sleep. I dunno, I just feel like crap. :(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2008, 11:53:48 pm »
Hi girls

Sorry in a bad place.  My nice dinner went horrible with the Latin lover and we have not talked since.  When I feel better I will right what happened.  He won't call me and I am being stubborn and not calling him either.  I hate men.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIV

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2008, 07:43:58 am »
Morning ladies:

Queen, I hope you're not coming down with the nasty stomach virus.  Drink lots of fluids, you know the drill. 

Sun, when you're ready to talk, we're ready to listen.

Today I really don't have a lot planned.  I'm going to take the bill for my latest scripts to my ASO.  Then tonight is social psych class.  So I'll probably be moping around.  When I woke up at 7:00, I wanted to go back to sleep, but my cat wasn't hearing of it.  When I first get up, I always give her a few kitty treats, so she meows until I do that.  Then, always after my first cup of coffee, I give her some tuna.  So when I sit down to drink the first cup, she meows until I give her the tuna.  Can you say spoiled.  Yes, she is.  But she's worth it. 

I received my Kaletra in the mail yesterday.  So I'm unsure as to whether I'm going to start it tomorrow or wait until this weekend.  I know it can have some nasty GI effects, and I don't want to be at school and keep having to get up to run to the bathroom.  Maybe this weekend, to give myself a couple days to get used to it and figure out a good schedule with it. 

Have a good morning ladies.

Edited to add:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIV!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 12:11:42 pm by Bettytacy »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2008, 02:17:14 pm »
Ugh, I woke up with a headache again. I took a 800mg ib for that and hopes it will knock it out. Betty, I have plenty of Vitamin Water and will be drinking that. But like how you have to have a cup of coffee to wake you up, I have to have a glass of Pepsi. I hate coffee.

It is snowing and we have a severe winter warning going on til late tonight. No problem, I will be in the house, I don't have to go out for anything today. Nothing else to report, I will check back later...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2008, 05:44:13 pm »
Hi! I am new to HIV and new to this board. I am 27, mother of 2.I just recently found I was positive. I tested negative every year. But last year was not so great. I found out on Dec 26, 2008. I just recently got my lab results. CD4 278 VL 62,270. I am to start Atripla next week. I am still kind of scared, but I take it one day at a time

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2008, 06:12:02 pm »
Hi ladies:

And welcome, keepingfaith.  You will find this site very helpful and supportive.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  Glad to have you aboard!

Class was cancelled tonight.  It's really snowing out and it's making travel very detrimental.  So, I'm happy to be staying in.  I really didn't feel like going anyway.  I'm so burned out on school and I'm trying to motivate myself to get into doing the work that needs to be completed.  I keep putting it off "for just another day."   

OK ladies, an interesting question.  If you could have your choice of any man in the world to have a one-nighter with, who would it be?  Just curious.  I've got to think about it, but I'm almost sure it would be Brad Pitt.  Just thought I'd try to strike up a conversation.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2008, 06:37:58 pm »
My first thought was Michael Chiklis. Something about him is hot to me. I dont know what it is.

I'll have to think about who else floats my boat. Brad Pitt is very handsome but I got a thing for the average joes big time.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »
Love these guys too!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2008, 08:10:03 pm »
OK I am telling you my secret crush....The Rock! He would be my one-night stand... :) :)

Welcome Keepingfaith! This is a wonderful group of ladies. I too am some what of a newbie.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2008, 08:40:56 pm »
Since Viv mentioned it..I got a thing for wrestlers....And I have more than one, I would have a one night stand with so how about 3...First would be John Cena, then Triple H(even though he is married to Stephanie McMahon, Vince's daughter, Vince is the CEO of WWE), and then The Undertaker....

[attachment deleted by admin]
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2008, 08:57:05 pm »
List of former crushes. Some of them are from when I was a girl.

In no particular order.

Andy Gibb
Shaun Cassidy
River Phoenix
Corey Haim
Christopher Reeves
Nicolas Cage
Patrick Swayze
Jon Bon Jovi
Sebastian Bach

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2008, 09:38:54 pm »
Happy Birthday ,Viv!!  Your neighbor probably told you because he sees or has heard you in a new light  and wants to get in on the action.  :)

Sorry to hear your date didn't go so well ,Sun.  Hope you are in a better place soon.

Welcome, Keepingfaith!  I am relatively new to the forum but have been taking meds since 94.

Betty-  That is a hard question :)  I'll have to think about it too.  Iam so out of the loop these days I don't know anybodies names.
I am glad they cancelled class for you, I hate driving in snow only because everyone else drives crazy esp. the ones driving the big SUVs.  I hate this cold weather although it is probably warm compared to some of you guys...it was 10 here this morning.  Good Luck with the Kaletra.

Queen- I hope you are feeling better.

Moon-  I am so happy you are having such a good time with Iceman.  How did you guys meet?

I am so mad at my sons doc.  He had the blood in the urine on Friday and I was supposed to call today and get the results. I called this morning and they gave me the negative strep results and they said the doc would call me back with the urine results.  I called 3 more times and never spoke to the doc and none of the nurses would give me any info.  The way they were talking though it was like the doctor had to talk to me.  I really hope nothing is wrong and she just forgot to call.  I suck at waiting.

So I go to my aunts on Sunday for our Christmas get together(finally).  We sit down to eat and my first bite of the homemade mac and cheese and I inhale a bread crumb and immediately start coughing.  So I get up to go to the bathroom and I  am coughing so bad I have to stop and cross my legs so I don't pee on myself.   WTF!   Does this happen to anyone else?  It happens to me all the time now.  Is this the reason I am supposed to be doing kegals?  Lucky for me, my family are a bunch of drinkers and my kids are the only ones that noticed I was gone.

Wish me luck!  I am going to a peer support group tomorrow and after that I am going to meet a therapist.  I really hope I meet some people I can talk to and get to know.  I am so sick of being miserable and alone.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm or cool depending on your location.
Take care,
Snow

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2008, 09:42:56 pm »
Win- What ?? No Scott Baio or Rick Springsteen  ???  How bout Michael Jackson and Prince?
I loved Shaun Cassidy!  I am not sure why :)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2008, 10:21:15 pm »
Snow, i have horrible allergies and a bladder the size of a peanut.  Everytime I sneeze, I leak.  It's to the point that I'll either have to live on the toilet, risk od-ing on Benedryl, or wear Depends :-[  It gets really embarrassing.  Midwife says that things like this happen to women "at my age".

AT MY AGE?!? >:(

Oh, good grief! 

Mum (who is trying to get her stories of this past weekend together to tell you)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.