Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:05:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 218
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Poll

am i infected?

Is the HIV test reliable after 10 weeks
0 (0%)
Is thrombocytopenia a common symptom of HIV infection
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Massage parlour  (Read 8516 times)

Offline Peter John

Massage parlour
« on: July 06, 2007, 12:11:50 am »
I am in a terrible mental stress now.
Had a massage from an asian massage parlour on 19th Feb. I have eczema and some of my skin areas are reddish sometimes get skin broken when touched. The lady did a caressing of her vaginal with her finger before she started before mssaging. It was just outside finger rubbing only. Then she put massage oil and started massaging all over my body. She was sitting on my body full naked.She gave handjob two times also. Her skin was intact and no symptom of any abnormality in her physical appearance. I am afraid her vaginal fluids got contact on my broken skin part and blood.
I was damn scared the next day and just moved on.
I had a blood check on 24th of April and it showed a mild thrombocytopenia which show low platecounts in total blood count. It wa sonly mild. The platelet coutn was 146 against 150 minimum. So doctor mentioned the cause must be a viral infection. My redblood count also in the lower region 4.51. When i checked my 2.5 years back blood check report it shows RBC 4.6 and Platelet 205.
I read in internet thrombocytopenia is a early symptom of HIV infection.
I did a HIV test 72 days after ( May 3rd) and it turned negative. I had no other symptoms of flue or anything. But after when i read the blood report I noticed white thrush in my toungue.
I am very very scared and really fire coming out of my eyes when i see my wife and small kid infront of me. I cannot concentrate on work or looking after my family.
My wife doesnt show any symptoms as well.
I am damn scared for another HIV test as I heard only after 13 weeks you can get a reliable result from HIV test.
Please please give a advice
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 12:28:59 am by Peter John »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Massage parlour
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 12:19:48 am »
Peter,

Relax, man.  There is just NO WAY to get HIV from what you describe.  It just doesn't happen.  HIV is a fragile little virus that has to be transmitted inside the body- not from any type of massage activity.  Have a look at the Lessons section of this website for the lowdown on how HIV is really transmitted.  And breathe...you're negative.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 04:01:51 am »
PJ,

You were not at risk for hiv infection during your massage. No way, no how. Hiv isn't the only virus out there and it certainly is not the virus responsible for your thrombocytopenia.

Along with reading our Welcome Thread and following the link to the Transmission Lesson, here's what else you need to know about hiv prevention:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Although you may be feeling guilty about your massage, neither guilty feelings nor massages are modes of hiv trasmission. Your negative result is not going to change as a result of this incident.

You are hiv negative. Period.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Peter John

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 10:29:57 pm »
Ann,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I am afraid the vaginal fluids contact on my wounds in my body while she massage. I have no other viral infections in recent times. Throbocytopenia is a most common blood indication of HIV infection . what is your opinion? My only relief is I have checked after 10 weeks check for HIV which came negative. Is the test after 10 weeks reliable?
Plssssss reply. I am very much depressed. Sorry to bother you
PJ

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 10:53:47 pm »
Thrombocytopenia is not specific to HIV. You had a 10 week negative and 12/13 week test will be conclusive and I don't see it changing in two to three weeks. Were you diagnosed with Thrombocytopenia or are you playing doctor and guessing? As it stand now if you do have throbocytopenia it was caused not by HIV. I don't see where you had a risk to begin with.

Offline Peter John

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 11:10:54 pm »
Rapidrod,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am not playing doctor at all. It was a proper lab report. I have read many places thrombocytopenia doesnt cause from normal viral infection. That worries me a lot. Sorry for coming back again with worries. Please try to understand me
PJ

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 12:53:48 am »
Whatever is causing your thrombocytopaenia, it certainly isn't HIV. As Ann, Roddles and the Divine Timmy Hunter have told you you didn't do anything which could result in you being infected with HIV.

You should continue to work with your doctor to determine what is making you ill.

MtD

Offline Peter John

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 05:25:19 am »
Dear All,
I realise the advices here are from the expert people with real experience with HIV related matters and it gives a real soothing effect,
I started breathing only after I read the messages from you people.
Now I have bit courage to got a HIV test again to meet the 13 week mark . ( I did only one test after 70 days which was negative)
Really appreciate your good efforts
PJ

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 06:30:05 am »
PJ,

Your hiv status isn't going to change from the negative you had at 70 days. You didn't have a risk for hiv infecion. You ARE hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Peter John

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 12:07:23 am »
I recall I had some night swets after the incident and my wife had serious fungal infection in her private area immediately after I had sex with her which was one week after the incident. Sorry If I am bothering you so much but please try to understand my mental frustration. Is the vaginal fluids in contact with the open sores are not a risk of HIV infection?
Please replyy.
Thanks for nice replys you people given.
PJ

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 02:13:55 am »
PJ,

No matter how you try to slice this, our answers to you are not going to change. You are HIV negative. Whatever is making you ill it's not HIV.

Please see your doctor to determine what is making you ill.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 05:04:12 am »
Is the vaginal fluids in contact with the open sores are not a risk of HIV infection?

PJ,

NO. Not when the vaginal fluids come into contact with open sores OUTSIDE the body. If you had sores on your penis and put it inside another person's anus or vagina without a condom on, then you may have a problem. But you didn't do this and the only problem you have is the one inside your head that refuses to listen to the science of hiv transmission.

You did NOT have an hiv risk in anything you bring to us.

See your doctor about whatever physical problems that are bothering you. Whatever is causing them, it is NOT hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Peter John

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 06:18:47 am »
Thanks a lottt for the advice. I am really relaxed now.
Please dont feel bad , it was my worry only caused me to write again and again.
Regards
PJ

Offline Peter John

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 12:44:00 am »
Hi Ann, Roddles , Divine Timmy Hunter and Mtd,

Thanks a lot for all you people to give a very prompt and expert opinions about the concern I raised. I did a test for HIV last week and the result came NEGATIVE!! ( Its after 4.5 months of the incident i described. Hopefully its conclusive)

I was worried like hell and your replies only made me bit confortable . All sorts of the things in the web makes everyone crazy about symptoms etc...

The advices given here are reallllllllllllly  realllllllly great for the people who are under tremendous mental stress. Believe me you people are doing such a great job. I wish you a very good health and my prayers always for you great people

With love and prayers

PJ

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 01:00:59 am »
Now keep it that way and don't come back unless you want to drop by an say hello.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.