Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:38:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 236
Total: 237

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Afraid I might have HIV! :-/  (Read 2975 times)

Offline B840

• Standard
Afraid I might have HIV! :-/
« on: June 08, 2013, 09:29:07 pm »
Hello Experts,

I am a 20 year old bisexual guy and would like a few answers please!

I was tested for HIV on September of 2012. This was 75 days after my last encounter with another male. We had protected anal sex in which I was the recipient. Before that I had unprotected receptive anal intercourse with a man of unknown status, twice! So that test in September was probably about 12 weeks or more since my last unprotected encounter. The result was NON-REACTIVE. I had three tests up to that point, all negative.

First question: Is it safe to say that I am negative from those encounters after testing in September?

My next concern is about four days ago, I engaged in unprotected mutual oral sex with a hot jock guy of 23 years old. He is bisexual and has a girlfriend. He is strictly a top also, so he has not bottomed before. After the oral, he proceeded to perform anilingus on me for about a minute or two. My concern is that right after that, he was rubbing his penis on my anal area and he poked his penis against my anus 2 or 3 times. I don't think he ever penetrated. I insisted he use a condom before proceeding and I was slowly backing away each time when he was pushing up against my anus. We used a condom for anal sex and he 'came' inside the condom while inside me.

When he retracted, I saw that the condom looked fine and intact with the fluids still inside of it. I asked if he was clean and he assured me he was, also asking me if I was clean.

So my next questions are: Based on that information, how much of a risk did I have of contracting HIV? I have been told numerous times that oral poses no risk as there have been no confirmed cases of HIV transmission in this manner.

Also, if he penetrated me, I feel like I would have realized it, I didn't feel that 'sphincter constriction' feeling one normally gets when the partner retracts his penis, and I felt no pain during or after the encounter. I only felt slight pressure against my anal opening from him just poking, at max for about 1-2 seconds. I felt no pain at all nor am I aware of any kind of sores or cuts..

Would this event/risk warrant testing? I didn't notice any precum on his penis and there was probably a decent amount of saliva on his penis from the oral as well as around my anal area from the rimming, which would render HIV inactive, so I've heard.

I guess the anal poking is the main thing that has me worried. The position I was in (on my back, legs up, butt spread) makes me feel like the red/pinkish area of skin (right past the anus but definitely before the sphincter) might have been exposed, I'm not sure if this is where the mucosal membrane starts or if that is further in.. ?

As a side note, he offered me poppers, which now I am glad I didn't accept, as this would have relaxed my anal muscles more and this could have turned out to be a completely different story!

Please assess my risk! I haven't had a single high risk exposure ever since that unprotected encounter last year for which I conclusively tested negative for. It scared me into always practicing safe sex.

Thank you, and I plan on donating as soon as I get paid again! :-)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Afraid I might have HIV! :-/
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 09:52:18 pm »
Hello Experts,

Please assess my risk! I haven't had a single high risk exposure ever since that unprotected encounter last year for which I conclusively tested negative for. It scared me into always practicing safe sex.

Thank you, and I plan on donating as soon as I get paid again! :-)

I quoted the pertinent part of your post ... You would have known if you had been penetrated and all the other things you are concerned about are not a risk for HIV . Your test in September is conclusive , you do NOT have HIV .

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME for these particular incidents , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline B840

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 10:55:09 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply Jeff!

So just to clarify, even if the pinkish area that is seen when the anus opening is stretched a bit but is not past the sphincter is exposed, I would not be at a significant risk? I don't want to get too graphical but its the area that is seen sort of between the external puckered opening and the internal.

My legs were spread and up and I just felt his dick poking it a few times. Definitely not penetrated or at least not penetrated enough to where I could feel it go in (or out for that matter). And it didn't feel forceful, but I was loosened up by then from the rimming. When we engaged in protected anal sex after that, I could feel him go in and go out and I tightened up when he went out, naturally. The poking didn't feel like that..

Thanks again!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 11:12:10 pm »
Im familiar with the pinkish area you are concerned about and I read all that the first time LOL . You didn't have a risk . The rubbing you are describing is called frottage and it isn't a risk for HIV .

As long as you are using condoms for vaginal and anal sex you will avoid exposure to the  HIV virus , it really is that simple . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.