Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:49:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 650
Total: 650

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIGH RISK ENCOUNTER WITH SEEDY STRIPPER  (Read 11537 times)

Offline VERY WORRIED

HIGH RISK ENCOUNTER WITH SEEDY STRIPPER
« on: January 15, 2010, 01:36:17 pm »
Before i begin i know similar questions have already been answered but i feel my situation is very different.
I'm a 20 year old male living in the UK. The only sexual encounter I've ever had was the following-
4 and a half weeks ago i performed unprotected cunnilingus on a Russian stripper for 10-15 minutes to the point of ejaculation.
I feel my situation is different from the rest because i have a long history of dental problems... I had route canal treatment 2 months prior to the incident. Also i have to a permanent brace like band on the back of my top row of teeth which always creates sores/abrasions and cuts all over the mouth. I floss twice a day and had flossed twice on the day this happened. Clearly remember seeing blood after the flossing on the same day.
The combination of the severe dental issues that i have and the amount of time i performed the cunnilingus for and the fact ejaculation was involved makes me very concerned. I was very intoxicated throughout this whole episode if your wondering why i did such a stupid thing.
Of course this is all irreverent unless she was HIV positive. I am almost certain that she was for several reasons... This was a very seedy place just on the outside of London. I got in touch with the owner/manager of the club and asked if the girls are screened for STD's and the reply was "Our girls do not need to be tested for anything as customers are not aloud to be in contact with the girls" and i was cut off. This obviously put alot of fear in my mind. Also the girl said she was in her early 30's and said she has had alot of sexual experience before me and said the cunnilingus i performed was very good. She appeared to be high so i have it in my head that she may have been a drug injector of some sort. The cunnilingus was very aggressive .... lips/tongue was in full contact the whole time and my head was being thrusted to the point where i could barely breathe. I chaffed my tongue so much throughout the whole thing to the point where it was so soar to even eat for the next few weeks. I had also just started a cold the day before too, so my immune system was probably low. Alot of alcohol the day before as well as on the night.
I'm not going to go into detail about the symptoms that I've had in the last 2 weeks, all I'll say is I've had every single symptom you would get in the acute infection stage. Things like swollen lymph nodes (which I've never had before in my life) and oral thrush, Persistent cough, shortness of breath, lump feeling in throat, phlegm, night sweats, chills are some of the symptoms I've had.
Bottom line is i feel every possible factor was against me and i really don't know where to go from here. Please just give me your honest opinions... If you think i should test please say. Thankyou very much for everyones time. I know this was a very long post...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: HIGH RISK ENCOUNTER WITH SEEDY STRIPPER
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 03:12:24 pm »
Everyone who comes here worried always thinks their situation is "different." Most of the time they aren't unlike many others we have been presented with. Including yours.

The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Everything else is risky only theoretically. Including your recent experience. There is absolutely nothing HIV-specific about any of the symptoms which you are misinterpreting as being about HIV.

You need to discuss your symptoms with your doctor. There is no need for HIV testing.

Becoming sexually active is exciting and also can stir up a lot of anxiety, which I think is playing a part in how you are reacting.

This is NOT an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline VERY WORRIED

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:21:24 am »
Thankyou very much for your reply Andy. You have almost completely put my mind at ease...
Though i just wanted to say i am still very upset and worried as the UK states that Cunnilingus is a 1,10,000 chance of transmission. I know this is low, but it is certainly not zero, Far from it. Also this with the combination of how every possible factor was against me i still can't rest. I've phone several UK helplines and they say it is low risk but there are documented cases of this occurring in the UK let alone anywhere else in the world....
I'm not trying to argue with your opinion by comparing it to all the other resources but i just wanted to ask what you think about this....
My doctor said my symptoms could be due to a normal cold/flu, but i still cannot understand why i am experiencing all the acute hiv symptoms and the fact that most of these symptoms I've never had before at any time in my life.... I find it very difficult to think that this is a coincidence....
Do you think i should take a test? Does anybody else have an opinion? Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 12:09:45 pm »
As far as I am concerned the ONLY reason for you to get tested is if you need the inevitable negative result to let go of this concern. Yes, numbers can be tossed around to affirm what is still essentially a theoretical risk as far as we are concerned here. In the real world of HIV transmission just doesn't happen through cunnilingus, which you need to realize is one of the most common of sexual acts.

If your symptoms persist you should discuss them with your doctor. I do not see this as an HIV situation. Period.

And there is nothing HIV-specific about your symptoms.
Andy Velez

Offline VERY WORRIED

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 09:49:57 am »
Thanks again, I really appreciate those 2 comments. This is my final post...
I can't help constantly beating myself up about how stupid it was what i did. I keep thinking it was the most dangerous/risky thing i could have done apart from unprotected vaginal/anal sex. I know that mutual masturbation is no risk and that receiving oral would have been no risk, but what i did was the most stupid thing i could have done, especially with my ongoing dental problems.
I know you say it's a common sexual act, but it can't be with high risk strippers/sex workers. If i had performed cunnilingus on someone who wasn't a stripper/sex worker i would not be worried in the slightest... It's the fact that it was with a high risk person, the length it went on for 15 minutes to the point of ejaculating, and most importantly my severe dental problems that has convinced me that every factor was against me for this transmission to occur.
My final questions are-
1.Are you saying it does not make a difference even if she was positive and the fact that it was aggressive cunnilingus that went on for 15 minutes including ejaculation, and the fact i have severe dental problems???
2.Is there not even the slightest possibility that i am positive???
3.Would you test if it were you??? 
4.I am going to test for other STD's as i understand these are more easy to transmit than HIV. If i have any other STD's from this incident does that mean i am at more chance of having HIV also???
Would really appreciate any reply from anyone.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 10:13:24 am »
Very,

People are not high or low risk, activities are. The activity you engaged in was not a risk at all for hiv infection.

1. Going down on an hiv positive woman is not a risk for hiv infection, regardless of your dental issues.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

It's time you gave this up and got on with your life.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline VERY WORRIED

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 09:59:04 am »
Hi Ann thanks for your post. I said i wouldn't post again, but i just had to ask you another question...
Sorry if it's a bit personal.... I've read several different subjects to do with cunnilingus on the "Am i infected forum" and in many different posts you have stated that you yourself practice oral sex with your partner... Is this true? Also have you done this at different times of the month and for different lengths of time like 15 Minuites for example? Again I'm sorry for asking these personal questions. I am still going mad with worry, still only sleeping 2 hours a night.
I know symptoms are not a reliable way to tell if somethings wrong when it comes to HIV but i cannot understand why I'm so ill... Swollen lymph nodes all over the body but especially on neck. Never had this before in my life. Cough, soar throat, difficulty swallowing and breathing. lump feeling in throat. no appetite for 5 weeks, constant fatigue, several cuts and ulcers keep appearing all over mouth and tongue. Whole body keeps clicking and shaking and muscles are very weak.
I know the only way is to test but i am certain i will never be able to go to a clinic and test. So i really don't know what to do. I am certain that the transmission has happened. Just don't know what to do.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 10:06:17 am »
Very,

Yes, I was with an hiv negative man for over eight years. The first year and a half we didn't know my hiv status and so never used condoms yet he remained hiv negative. After I was diagnosed with hiv, we used condoms for intercourse but not for oral and yes, we engaged in oral both ways, sometimes lengthy sessions and sometimes short sessions. He still tested hiv negative when we broke up.

As we always tell people here; hiv is much more difficult to transmit from a woman to a man, condoms prevent hiv infection, getting a blowjob is not a risk and neither is going down on a woman.

You really need to let this go. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline VERY WORRIED

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 07:02:18 am »
Hi again, After just finally getting over my last incident i feel i have put myself at risk again now.
Again i feel my situation is different to others so i thought i would get your advise...
A couple of nights ago i was having a lap dance and this time i was very aware of the safe activities and the non safe activities, so i did what i thought at the time was safe but now I'm living in a world of worry and anxiety again.
The unknown stripper put here hand down my pants and rubbed my penis for about 15 minutes. I Thought this was a safe thing to allow her to do but i then remembered that i had shaved in that area the same morning and remember seeing a few cuts on the groin area. Do not know if she had any cuts  on her fingers or hand or not as it was dark and i had a Lot to drink. The thing that also worries me is that rather than being stroked like a hand job it was more of her rubbing her hand and fingers directly on to my urethra. She may have even caught it with her nail at some point as it was very vigorous. I had so much to drink that i was not even enjoying this, nor could i get an erection, but for some reason i let it continue. Also I'm aware that when exposed to air the virus cannot get in, but I'm scarred because there was no air involved as her hand was down my pants the whole time rather than having my penis properly exposed out of my pants. I hope that all makes sense.
The other exposure was with a different girl. This was sucking on her breasts/nipples for 15 minutes... Again this was something i thought was completely safe until i remembered my history with dental problems. So if there was hiv present my oral health is so bad that there would have definitely been a chance for transmission. Also i was in the middle of having a cold at the time and as i said had a lot of alcohol. Not sure if this could effect the proteins that would normally break down the virus if present. Finally to add to the problems i had a heavy nose bleed the same day in the afternoon. As i said i had a cold and from constant blowing my nose it had started to bleed. Anyway i didn't think anything of it when i went for the dances as i thought my nose wouldn't come into contact with any body fluids. But sure enough she did rub her nipples/breasts all over my face after i sucked them for a long time and so I'm scarred that there may have been a transmission there. Also my eyes have been very dry, red and itchy ever since so I'm worried some of her body fluids may have gone in my eye. I am almost certain that i didn't do anything else risky. I tried to avoid performing oral sex this time but as i had so much to drink that there may have been a chance that either girl may have brushed their vagina's on my face, as these were full nude dances.
I can't believe I've put myself in this situation again. I Don't know if i have put myself at risk this time or not. I do believe that I'm am still scarred from the previous events that have happened, and this may be why i am so frightened this time. I hope this extreme anxiety and worry is going to go soon. Thanks for being pateint and taking your time to read this long and complex story of mine... Any replies would be great.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 07:18:54 am »
Firstly, please use paragraphs. It makes reading your posts easier.

Secondly getting a handjob (from a stripper or anyone else) is not a risk for HIV infection. Never has been, never will be.

You were not at risk from this incident and you do not need to be tested for HIV as a result.

I have reviewed your previous posts and I see you are essentially asking the same question. It doesn't matter that the women you have sexual encounters with are strippers - you were not at risk. As Ann explained to you, HIV is not about who you are, it's about what you do.

Please read our Welcome Thread and take note of the posting guidelines. You will not be permitted to use this forums to post endlessly about non risk situations.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.