Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:45:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 413
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 390
Total: 393

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV or STI risk?????  (Read 24951 times)

Offline chinesefood

HIV or STI risk?????
« on: July 07, 2007, 06:27:31 am »
Hi there Folks,

Earlier today i had an encounter with a guy. Well i'm myself a guy, aged 25, we first indulged in foreplay, stroking, while stroking i observed some white powdery substance on his penis...dint look like dried semen, could it have been smegma, anyways then we washed each other then he performed anal fingering.....

I did lick certain parts of his pubic region but not the main penis or the head of the penis....on the lower part of his penis there was black mark something like a flat wart, could this pose a risk?? i had a small cut on my lip which happened earlier, today before out encounter, but stopped bleeding within half an hour of treating!!! that's also another concern.....

I would like to know if there was any risk for HIV or any other sti from this...he's a guy who has newly come to this country & he's got his visa only after a medical tests....so he told me he's negative, but has been active in the past!!

He repeatedly touched himself & then touched & stroked me, if there was precum could it have infected me, when he stroked my penis????

Could you please assess my risk, i guess i was pretty alert but wanted to know if there's any chance of having to worry about something!!!

& another question was, if HIV infected saliva falls on a pimple on your body or an open cut does it pose a risk of infection

just wanted to know there wasn't risk somewhere, No we did not engage in any insertive sex, apart from fingering......i was only concerned about that powdery substance on his penis , whether after he had touched himself & then me repeatedly, he could have passed something on!

He also stroked his penis in various areas of my pubic region.....Now i had a funny lil incident a few day ago, when i smoking in the loo, i dropped a lil bit of cigg-ash on the right side of my pubic region..Gosh it hurt!!:) so there was a lil mark there, not a bleb, but it had burnt a bit, very superficially, if that powdery substance which i mentioned on his penis, got onto that burnt area (zone) would that pose a risk????

Also i had a cut on my lip, it was bleeding in the morning, but then before the encounter i treated it, so it had stopped bleeding (but it was there), i'm also not aware if that smegma or dried semen of his got onto the lip cut, which could have someway infected me, as far as i know there wasn't any precum, but if there was??? (not sure) coz he was a bit moist...what are the chances here???

Hope i'm not bothering you guys too much, but i'd like to know...

I dint give him the traditional oral, but we were exploring quite a bit with out hands & mouth , here & there & was worried the powdery substance could have gotten onto the lip???

....Now is there a risk saliva of a HIV ve+ person falls on a cut area & (even its a freshly bleeding one or slightly healed one) of another person, of infection????

Overall do you think this encounter poses a risk of HIV or stI infection??? & i would also like to know if lets say in the future   i have a cut on my lip & i kiss a HIV + person would that be risky behavior???

Offline chinesefood

Re: HIV or STI risk?????
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 06:37:07 am »
Also i forgot to mention that there was a small pimple on the head of my penis, well i get these on & off but i would like to know if that powdery substance got on there , how would that contribute to possible infection either HIV or StI?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 06:37:29 am »
You were never at risk. Saliva is not infectious.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 06:39:48 am »
what about the white powdery substance which i thought was smegma falling onto my cut lip???? any risk....he fingered me deep what if the powdery substance was on his fingers......???

Or any precum that could have touched or rubbed on my lip, i was sure there was no semen, but what about precum, i've heard it's infectious!!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 06:41:47 am by chinesefood »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 06:41:45 am »
I read your complete post. You were never at risk. You can not reconstitute HIV once it has dried.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 01:36:12 am »
I even went thru the transmission links on the site apart from the advise i'm seeking from you, so what you're saying is that even if the white substance from his penile head got onto my cut lip, it would not be strong enough to infect me, if he was HIV positive...

Also wanted to add that 2 days earlier, before the encounyter with the guy, i visited a chinese massage parlor as well, there i got a massage from 2 girls, i performed oral on the breasts of one, while the other gave me an Oral, it was protected though, after the Oral i found this pimple on my penis, just after the act, when i went to the washroom to wash myself off, if she had touched the unprotected penis with the saliva on her hands would it be infectious & yeah what if there was any blood in her saliva....i even kissed the other girl, & my lip was cut was even then, what if her saliva had any blood???

I checked both their mouths & they seemed clean.....But i'm just confirming with you guys so that i dont have to stress out too much!!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 05:58:37 am »
chin,

Hiv is not a white substance found on a penis. It is a microscopic virus that lives in the blood of infected individuals. It does not make people "dirty", which is what you imply when you term someone "clean" when talking about their hiv status.

Hiv is transmitted during unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You have not had unprotected intercourse and you have not been at risk for hiv infection.

Kissing is not a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to transmit itself into a new host.   

Along with reading our Welcome Thread and following the link to the Transmission Lesson, here's what you need to know to avoid hiv infection.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse (and don't share drug injecting equipment) and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 03:14:21 pm »
Hi Ann, Thanx for the response.....even with regards to the incident with the massage girls, i cheked their hands before they started the anal fingering, there weren't any cuts or bruises though i must say that the massage parlor lights were pretty dim, that's why i was worried that maybe i could have been infected if she had some cut on her hands or fingers???? what do you say about this??

I'm glad to hear that i'm not at risk otherwise with the other sorts of stuff i did!!!

Please repond do that i can just put an end to this thought once & for all....

thanking you.....ChineseFood

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 04:17:00 pm »
CF-

Fingering with or without cuts poses no risk for HIV transmission. Please read Ann's reply to you. Everything you need to know is there.

Brent
(Who knows infection risks)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 03:14:57 am »
Thanx for the reply brent, i was thinking that if someone has a cut & then same fingers & used for anal fingering it poses a risk of contracting HIV.....anyways thanx so much for confirming the facts!!

So you wouldn't warrant any testing post these incidents right??? & yeah i'l be careful in the future :))

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 03:17:45 am »
CF,

I agree with Ann and Brent. Re-read the answers already given you and move on babe.

MtD

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 01:01:45 pm »
Well the hands of the girls came in contact with my penis & semen when i had ejaculated...so even if the girls did have HIV & their saliva which were on their hands did come in touch with my semen, would there be any chance for the HiV virus to be reinjected into me???? coz we know hiv does live in semen but can't function properly in saliva???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 01:40:08 pm »
NO.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 03:54:25 pm »
CF-

Saliva is not infectious and transmission does not occur outside the body.

Brent
(Who hopes CF gets it)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 05:23:08 pm »
CF,

If you think we're going to keep handing out piecemeal answers to every question you think up, you're gonna be disappointed.

Your questions have been answered in this thread. You need to move on.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 07:01:14 pm »
You're not thinking. You're obsessing. There's a big difference. You have absolutely no basis in HIV science nor in all the possible cuts, nicks and whatever on the women's hands to warrant any concern about HIV.

If we had any cause for doubt you would have been told so.

No matter what other "stuff" your mind may continue to churn out, this is not an HIV situation. Period. End of story. When and if more of those doubts come up, notice them, take a breath and get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 01:17:24 pm »
It's now about 10 days since the incident, i've developed aphthous ulcers in my mouth & i've been running low grade temperature??? & i'm a bit concerned??

Thanx andy, it's really relieving to know that my acts weren't too risky..though i'm gonna be extra careful in my future sexual escapades...

Has there ever been a documented case where hiv infection has happened when the saliva of a positive individual did come in contact with a cut or bruise of the other individual....?

& these symptoms.....could they be indicators of just stress or some other STI's???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 01:21:27 pm »
Saliva is not infectious.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 02:22:18 pm »
Thanx rapid.....i really dun wanna have to brood over this...i have a flourishing life & if it were to be impeded by these incidents i would really feel disheartened.

I just don't even have to test right ????? 

thanx for all the help guys & i wish you all well...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 03:30:19 pm »
No you don't need a test.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 12:58:21 am »
Hi guys, this morning i woke up with acute pain in my lower jaw..radiating towards the neck....well i haven't had time to see a doc yet, & you guys have been my guiding light so far.....anyways i'm trying hard not to think that it has anything to do with HIV......

from your experiences could you tell me whether stress can cause such symptoms? 

I've been a chimney this past week......could this add to the troubles??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 03:03:34 am »
We know that is something other than HIV causing your symptoms because you didn't have a risk.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 03:41:00 am »
Hi Rapid, that feels so relieving to hear, due to stress i haven't slept for the last 2 days.....even as i type in these posts, i'm almost drowsy....but trying to keep awake so that i can get things clear....must really thank you for the help!!

I even spoke to my friend, who is a nurse & i confided in her, she told me too that my risk was extremely low, but if i had an iota of a doubt even though not generally recommended..i could ask for a HIV Viral Test (Qualitative PcR). I did however learn later when i called the diag lab that it's indeed an expensive test.....& now i don't think i realy need it...but if it's really worth the bucks i don't mind....please give ur honest opinion....i really may not be dealing with HIV here, but sure am dealing with a lot of stress pal...hope u understand ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 04:05:35 am »
A PCR test is not a diagnostic test. It's a screening test used to help diagnose HIV or monitor HIV infection. It's not a stand alone test. They are noted for giving false positives results. Now if that is what you are interested in then don't come back with your anxiety of receiving a false positive. You didn't have a risk and no matter how many tests you take, you aren't going to believe the results anyways.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 04:57:29 am »
Chin,

Has there ever been a documented case where hiv infection has happened when the saliva of a positive individual did come in contact with a cut or bruise of the other individual....?

NO.

Hi guys, this morning i woke up with acute pain in my lower jaw..radiating towards the neck....

Yeah, that happens to me too, every time I obsess over something I'm worried about. It's what happens when you clench your jaw and gnash your teeth.

I've been a chimney this past week......could this add to the troubles??

Absolutely. Did you miss the health warnings about smoking? It's bad for your health.

my friend, who is a nurse...

Just because your friend is a nurse doesn't mean she knows the score when it comes to hiv.

You didn't have a risk, but as a sexually active adult you should be testing as a matter of routine, no less than once a year. I suggest you go test with a standard hiv antibody screening test, collect your negative result and move on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 06:26:50 am »
HI Ann, thanx for the replies, you too rapid!!!

Well yeah i've started developing an aching stomach as well, with radiating pain in the belly, i mean it's like a passing pain & then when i belch it goes away...well i guess it could also be coz if the hyperacidity which happens as a result of being a chimney :)......but i do feel stomach discomfort!!!! again Ann, atleast if these symptoms did not happen, it would be so much easier to deal with..the whole situation i mean!!

Yeah well my friend....she infact did tell me when i confided in her that i really did not have a risk......but when i was relating the story i was pretty emotional..about the what if consequences.....it was then she suggested that i take a test (though not reqd), so that i could atleast get some relief...

anyways i guess i'l go with your recommendation of a standard test...for HIV & other STI's....what would be the appropriate time to take this...???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 06:46:18 am »
Chin,

Unfortunately, the test your nurse friend recommended is the test that is most likely to cause you further emotional distress if it returns a false positive. Yes, they do happen and yes, we've seen the emotional meltdown that occurs after one. It ain't pretty. 

A standard antibody test run three months past your last incident of unprotected intercourse will be conclusive.

Ann

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 06:47:50 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 06:55:29 am »
Okay will do that....but there's not really anything to worry about is there??

& yeah i've taken a very conscious decision now, no matter what happens, temptation, intoxication i aint gonna succumb to the sexual urge, atleast not till i'm tested at the 3 month mark....coz if i did even this window period would start again won't it????

By the way, in the meantime i did read your blog & story...it's touching beyond the realms of words....I just wish that God Blesses wonderful people like you, & gives them all the joy in the world!!!! Cheers..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 07:15:54 am »
chin,

& yeah i've taken a very conscious decision now, no matter what happens, temptation, intoxication i aint gonna succumb to the sexual urge, atleast not till i'm tested at the 3 month mark....coz if i did even this window period would start again won't it?

You're setting yourself an impossible goal there mate. Human sexuality is a normal part of being alive.

The only time you would need to re-start a window period is when you have unprotected intercourse. If it has been three months or more since you had UNPROTECTED INTERCOURSE, then you are not in a window period and any negative result you receive will be conclusive.

You can engage in all the sexual activity you like - as long as you make sure you're wearing a condom for anal or vaginal intercourse. If someone wants to penetrate YOU anally, make sure he's wearing a condom.

Use condoms correctly and consistently and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 08:08:08 am »
Okay Great!!!! i'l keep that in mind...i guess condoms are the key here!!!

& yeah also wanted to ask, the testing you recommended at 3 months, would this time frame be good enough to cover other sexually transmitted infections as well, if i plan to take a complete STD workup plan or somthing of that sort??

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 08:29:41 am »
Yes, getting tested at 3 months should be sufficient regarding other STDs. Confirm that with your doctor when you discuss the various symptoms you are concerned about.

Anyone who is sexually active ought to do a full STD panel regularly -- at least once a year and every six months is even better.
Andy Velez

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 12:39:42 pm »
From what i've gathered....HIV then spreads only thru unrpotected vaginal or anal sex.....so would you say the majority of infections happening unfortunately in different parts of the world are because of unprotected vaginal or anal sex....

So i'm just trying to say this to myself & an echo from you would be the icing...Oral, foreplay, fingering....are almost no risk activities..(no matter if there were cuts/ nicks/ wounds).

Yepp I'l get a complete STD panel....at 3 months!!! thanx for the help Andy!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 04:04:28 pm »
That's right, unprotected vaginal & anal are the risks for HIV sexually.

All of the other stuff you mentioned is theoretically possible as a means of transmission but in the real world of HIV it just doesn't happen that way.
Andy Velez

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 03:45:31 am »
So these 'theoretical possibilities' have they ever happened in the real world in the past?? I'm gonna make sure any exchange which involves anal or vaginal in the future is protected!!!! You bet!!

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 04:06:57 am »
I also wanted to mention that i was treating my lip cut, but as soon as the area would dry up, it would appear as thin bruise type of red lining.....can this act as an infectious opening?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 04:11:26 am by chinesefood »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 05:56:10 am »
No.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 07:30:36 am »
I guess transmission myths exist in many people's minds & they have been in mine as well....but now i know so much more & can enjoy a better & safer sex life, with the right choices isn't it, instead of running from it?

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 10:42:57 am »
HI Guys, i really wanna thank you for all the help that's been extended to me...just had one last question about my encounter really....

During the encounter with the guy, he stroked me with his unprotected penis in my pubic region, but he never went close to the anal opening or did penetrate.....but there was that lil bit of white powdery substance, could it have fallen near the anal opening or the head of the penis.(atleast i guess it did on the head of my penis).....& cause of risk????

I don't mean again to keep coming back, but if this doubt is cleared from my mind i would really at ease!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 10:46:11 am »
Go back and reread all the replies that you have been given. Then read lessons on transmission. The link can be found in the welcome thread.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 12:56:40 pm »
I guess i did not mention the fact that the powdery discharge from the guy did fall on my the head of my penis hear the opeing of the penis..that's why i posted the earlier question......

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2007, 01:28:31 pm »
You're about ready to get a time out if you keep it up. You were never at risk. PERIOD End of Story..

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2007, 01:33:59 am »
Guys thanx so much for keeping my spirits up, just that i've been having symptoms of mouth ulcers, dull fever & fatigue....but now i've also learnt that symptoms can't be used to evaluate HIV??? anyways i chanced upon this recently from a good friend & it's been useful to read.....coz we all know stress can reck our minds & bodies too to some extent...so please check this out members & let me know if it was useful.....

With so many questions that confuse the symptoms of stress with the symptoms of early HIV infection thought this might be useful.

Symptoms of Stress

Effects of stress ... (source mayo clinic http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stress-symptoms/SR00008_D )

... On your body

* Headache
* Chest pain
* Pounding heart
* High blood pressure
* Shortness of breath
* Muscle aches
* Back pain
* Clenched jaws
* Tooth grinding
* Stomach upset
* Constipation
* Diarrhea
* Increased sweating
* Tiredness
* Sleep problems
* Weight gain or loss
* Sex problems
* Skin breakouts

... On your thoughts and feelings

* Anxiety
* Restlessness
* Worrying
* Irritability
* Depression
* Sadness
* Anger
* Mood swings
* Job dissatisfaction
* Feeling insecure
* Confusion
* Burnout
* Forgetfulness
* Resentment
* Guilt
* Inability to concentrate
* Seeing only the negatives

... On your behavior

* Overeating
* Undereating
* Angry outbursts
* Drug abuse
* Excessive drinking
* Increased smoking
* Social withdrawal
* Crying spells
* Relationship conflicts
* Decreased productivity
* Blaming others

Symptoms of Primary HIV Infection (source the body http://www.thebody.com/content/art16795.html#symptoms )

Primary HIV infection can have a variety of different symptoms. Some researchers believe that rash and fevers are the strongest predictors of primary HIV infection, especially when occurring in combination with one or more of the following symptoms:

* Loss of appetite

* Joint pain

* Sore throat

* Muscle pain

* Swollen lymph nodes

* Diarrhea

* Fatigue

* Nausea and vomiting

* Headache

* Oral or genital ulcers

Does Everyone Have These Symptoms?
Some people will become infected with HIV and have no symptoms. However, most people do have symptoms.

How Severe Will the Symptoms Be?
Some people have symptoms so severe that they go to the emergency room. Others will have mild symptoms.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2007, 07:08:52 am »
You didn't have a risk. Good bye... You'll be reported to the moderators.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2007, 07:34:41 am »
why would you want to report me to the moderators, i thought i'd just share info that would be useful, if that's not permitted you can go ahead & delete my post! i don't mean any offense here.

I would however like to sincerely thank the various members & moderators of this this forum who have helped me when i most needed it!

I'l check back after my 3 month complete STD test, to let you guys know that i'm fine!

All the best

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2007, 09:33:50 am »
Hi experts, thank you so very much for understanding what i've been going through....

Your assurances have relaxed me to a large extent.

However, today i've developed testicular pain & some white discharge keeps coming out of the penis...could this be sign of some other STD such chlamydia or gonorrhea ???

I remember i licked on some flat wart on the underside of the guy's penis (during the encounter with the guy)....what could that have been, any sign of an STD or i dare say HIV?

& one more piece of info, this is really the last one...does HIV cause chlamydia or gonorrhea ??

Would 6 weeks be a good time for a complete STD workup?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 10:18:02 am »
You're right. We can't diagnose here. Those symptoms you're concerned about are something you should be discussing with your doctor. 
Andy Velez

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 02:36:55 pm »
Okay will do that, but you have you ever heard anywhere whether HIV could cause any of these type of symptoms so early in the piece after the incidents?.....& we have already anlaysed that my risk was very low-non existant. what do you feel???
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 02:39:47 pm by chinesefood »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2007, 04:33:11 pm »
Chin,

Hiv can cause all sorts of symptoms. Quite often, it doesn't cause any discernable symptoms at all. Symptoms, or the lack of symptoms, means nothing when it comes to hiv infection. Only testing will reliably reveal your true hiv status.

We did not say you had a "very low-non existant" risk, we said you had NO risk.

A good mental health counselor can help you learn to deal with your sexual anxieties. We can't help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2007, 04:17:06 am »
HI Ann & Andy, thank you again for the quick advise..I'm gonna do just that, & i've got a doctor's appt this evening!

Actually about 6 months back i had a similar situation, where my penis would secrete a white pasty substance, & would swell up, it was also cause an inability to retract the foreskin, & when an erection came up, it would be much larger than usual...& i was not sexually active during that period. The symptoms i feel now are pretty similar to those i had then & when i had seen the doc then, he had told me that it could be caused due to balanitis or some hormone related imbalance also...cause even my ejaculate was coming out in much larger quantities....but this discharge even at that time would go away competely when i washed my penis with warm water....the doctor had said then that it could be a hygene issue too....& i wasn't sexually active at all in that period!

anyway, i'm gonna see the doc & hopefully request for an STI panel, coz we know that the risk from HIV from the encounters was low, even if i did have an STI, coz the only point where i had any insertion was the oral-insertive with one of the girl's at the massage parlour & it was 'protected' with condoms.

So i'l check it up & get back...thanx for the help, i really appreciate it!

P.S. I've also lost some weight & there's a bizzare rash on the left side of my back.....

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2007, 06:25:25 am »
I've developed a dull fever for last few hours, anyways i'm keeping my composure..........after the doc's appointment i guess i'l feel much better! :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2007, 07:07:45 am »
coz we know that the risk from HIV from the encounters was low

Chin,

NO! NO! NO! We know that you had NO RISK!

If you cannot accept you had NO RISK, then I suggest you seek the assistance of a mental health care provider to enable you to deal with your high levels of anxiety. We cannot do that for you here.

If you'd read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you would have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 09:23:13 pm »
Gosh it just struck me that i forgot to mention in my first few posts :

During the deep anal fingering performed by the massage parlor girl, she was doing the fingering &  intermittently  licking her finger & using saliva as a lube so that the finger moved in & out smoothly. She had pretty long nails & i did feel she would have caused a cut in my anal opening since i did feel some pain after the fingering. Her nails did cause a tear, & thus a freshly cut area was there & her saliva from her finger would have surely touched the freshly cut wound. Now i could not see if there was any blood in the saliva, seems like there wasn't. When i wiped my anus after the fingering i did see a little bit of red on the tissue i used. I'm paranoid that i may have been affected from this, as i have heard that the anal region & the opening of the anus is pretty good source through which HIV could enter. what if she was HIV positive & had a high viral load. I've been having twitching in various parts of my body especially hands, it's a tingling in the arms & feet, fever & loose bowel & have still 2 weeks to go before the doctor will administer a test for me, Please advise, I'm scared" Please don't ban me, i wont post excessively, just that i forgot to mention this point & that's why i came back!!!!

in middle she had felt nauseated & had gone to loo to wash her mouth. & now i'm worried somethng would have come from deep within when she was nauseated & mixed with the saliva, either blood or mucous, i really don't know & infected me when it touched the cut that was inflicted on my anal region. is this possible?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:28:10 pm by chinesefood »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2007, 09:49:52 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2007, 03:15:36 pm »
I do not intend to post excessively, all i wanted to know is that whether this point of the fresh cut that was caused would have created a situation to contract HIV, when saliva possibly mixed with blood or something else would have come in contact with it. Please tell me if it's not the case atleast once & i promise i'l leave this forum if people believe i'm causing a nuisance.

I feel really alone.................Please understand!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2007, 04:30:16 pm »
Nothing you are reporting now nor that you have reported previously has put you at risk for HIV transmission.

Can we say it any more clearly than that.

Please don't come back with yet another but but but isn't it possible and what if. You have no cause to be worred about HIV risk at this point. Period. End of story.

Get on with your life and if you can't do that then get some professional help to address your emotional needs.
Andy Velez

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2007, 06:23:37 am »
Thanx & cheers!

ChineseFood!

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2007, 06:29:42 am »
Hi People, Hope everybody's in good cheer.

Well i did go to a doctor ( neurologist ) to get my symptoms checked up & clear up matters in the proper setting as Andy had advised me to.

I was having light burning sensation & shooting pain (with pricking) in my fingers & feet especially. After the evaluation i've been diagnosed to have a painful neuropathy..which however i may add the doc said could be due to the stress i've been undergoing.

Now i'm not really questioning my HIV status here, after repeated assurances of not having a grave risk, but i really wanted to know whether painful neuropathy commonly occurs in people infected with HIV, i.e. along with ARS & then dies down quickly , only to return in the later stages?

I did read a few articles on the net which say that peripheral &/or painful neuropathy is a symptom of ARS in a small % percentage of people. That's why i'm concerned.

Also, is this sort of painful neuropathy often caused by stress?

A response would be deeply appreciated!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2007, 06:34:38 am »
Your not paying one bit of attention. You didn't have a risk. You don't have HIV, so NO, if you have PN it isn't related to HIV. You don't have to have HIV to have PN. I've had this disease for 23 years and I've never had PN. You need to move on with your life and stay off the HIV websites or seek help with a mental health professional.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2007, 06:43:02 am »
Thanx Rapid....Well I'm paying too much attention i guess. as i said i'm not questioning my status at all, was worried about the neuropathy, since i've never had these symptoms before. & when i read about this on the net, i was really scared, coz what was described, was what i was feeling..the symptoms i mean.

Lets keep HIV out of the way. Okay just from experience, could you tell me whether stress causes this type of painful neuropathy?

You really are the Real Hero, i wish you all the best!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2007, 06:56:42 am »
Are you trying to tell me the doctor didn't explain anything to you? What did you visit him for, just to give him money? This is a website that deals with HIV, not anxiety or stress disorders. We can't help you with with anxiety or stress.

Offline chinesefood

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2007, 07:04:16 am »
The doctor did explain everything to me & i've also started on the meds for it. However i just also wanted the opinion of the wise people here on this site since they have been a pillar of support to me. & i only wanted to make sure that the PN i'm having is not related to HIV in any way...that's all.

I've been really worried you see, & i'm sure stress is playing it's tricks on me. I even started worrying about this :

Now the BJ what the girl gave me was protected, the red pimple i saw, could that really have been blood instead, as in a bubble of blood from her hands or her mouth. The lights were dim & now i'm starting to feel it could have been blood, not a pimple....God knows, but i'm going crazy with symptoms!!!

& 2ndly in the encounter with the guy, whether there was any chance with the powdery white substance coming in touch/contact with my cut lip, when i licked the pubic region of the guy??

I've been having these shooting pains & from a link it did mention that PN happens in about 8% of people having ARS. However, i did hear that ARS symptoms do occur all together. In my case i've had symptoms , but they have been spread out & the only one that's been pretty annoying has been the neuropathy!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:07:09 am by chinesefood »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2007, 07:15:50 am »
And did we mention that you never had a risk for HIV whatever is making you ill, it ain't HIV?

Move on.

MtD

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2007, 07:18:41 am »
What part of "YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK" is it that you don't understand? You have to have a risk to be positive and you have to be positive to have ARS. Only AFTER you are positive, can you look back and relate your symtoms to ARS, not before hand.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2007, 08:41:27 am »
CF, cut the frabber jabber here. You can't have HIV-related PN when you are HIV negative and haven't had a risk for HIV. So stop trying to what if us with yet another twist of your scenario. We've heard it all and we know the signs of when someone is refusing to let go of an unwarranted concern. 

Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with HIV. Period. End of story.

Get on with your life. You've gotten what you can get here. Really.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.