Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:52:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 332
Total: 332

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ADAP Watch List Updates - April 2011  (Read 5768 times)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
ADAP Watch List Updates - April 2011
« on: April 04, 2011, 12:49:12 pm »
ADAPs with Waiting Lists
(7,745 individuals in 11 states*, as of April 1, 2011)
(changes from March 24 noted in parens (+192))

Arkansas: 51 individuals (+20)
Florida: 3,905 individuals (+57)
Georgia: 1,278 individuals (+57)
Idaho: 11 individuals (0)
Louisiana: 831 individuals** (+15)
Montana: 22 individuals (+1)
North Carolina: 189 individuals (+12)
Ohio: 311 individuals (+8)
South Carolina: 565 individuals (+5)
Virginia: 579 individuals (16)
Wyoming: 3 individuals (+1)

ADAP Apr 1st Watch List
**Louisiana has a capped enrollment on their program.  This number is a representation of their current unmet need.

Starting off the first of 2011, there were 5,154 on the waiting lists. This means that an additional 2,591 people have been added in just the first three months of this year (which were also the last 3 months of FY2010).

We might see some improvement for a while as states move into their FY2011 budgets. For example Florida ADAP should start re-handling their own approx 6,500 citizens (unaccounted for in these watch list totals)  that have been covered through Welvista the last 2 months. However with these 11 states basically starting off "in the hole", and with an ever increasing amount of people eligible for ADAP due to economic reasons and infection rates, that means that these ADAPs should run out of money even earlier this fiscal year, and the ADAP crisis numbers will continue to grow even larger through the next 12 months. :'(
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
Re: ADAP Watch List Updates - April 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 04:56:15 pm »
ADAPs with Waiting Lists
(7,900 individuals in 11 states*, as of April 7, 2011)
(changes from April 1st noted in parens (+155))

Arkansas: 51 individuals (0)
Florida: 3,967 individuals (+62)
Georgia: 1,328 individuals (+50)
Idaho: 10 individuals (+1)
Louisiana: 861 individuals** (+30)
Montana: 22 individuals (0)
North Carolina: 138 individuals (-51)
Ohio: 326 individuals (+15)
South Carolina: 597 individuals (+32)
Virginia: 597 individuals (+18)
Wyoming: 3 individuals (0)

ADAP Apr 8th Watch List
**Louisiana has a capped enrollment on their program.  This number is a representation of their current unmet need.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 04:59:17 pm »
The good news is that the ADAP waiting list total number is down just a tad because, moving into FY2011, Florida was able to not only pick up the clients that Welvista had been caring for over the last two months; but they were able to admit more people into the program. However with over 3,800 people still on the list there really isn't that much to cheer about, especially when the bad news is this means Florida is burning through it's FY2011 budget already. With reduced spending or only the same spending dollars in the budgets (compared to FY2010) of the other states, they continued to add to the ADAP waiting lists.

ADAPs with Waiting Lists
(7,885 individuals in 11 states*, as of April 14, 2011)
(changes from April 7st noted in parens (-15))

ADAPs with Waiting Lists (7,885 individuals in 11 states*, as of April 14, 2011)
Arkansas: 56 individuals (+5)
Florida: 3,807 individuals (-160)
Georgia: 1,343 individuals (+15)
Idaho: 10 individuals (0)
Louisiana: 894 individuals** (+33)
Montana: 24 individuals (+2)
North Carolina: 178 individuals (+40)
Ohio: 341 individuals (+15)
South Carolina: 612 individuals (+15)
Virginia: 616 individuals (+19)
Wyoming: 4 individuals (+1)

ADAP Apr 15th Watch List
[/quote]

In SC (my state), while we had been asking for $10 million ($6 million to care for the current ADAP clients and an additional $4 million to handle the projected additional clients for FY2011), the state budget that just passed, while it doesn't defund ADAP totally, it only funds ADAP for $5 million - so our waiting list will continue to grow as the year goes by. Also to make healthcare matters in the state even worse, the budget cuts $125 million from medicaid spending.
To pay for those items, however, the Senate panel voted to cut $125 million from the amount that the state pays doctors and hospitals to treat Medicaid patients ...
That includes $5 million for the AIDS Drug Assistance Program, which buys drugs for patients who cannot afford the cost. More than 500 people were on that program’s waiting list at the end of March.
http://www.thestate.com/2011/04/15/1779258/senate-budget-restores-money-for.html
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:55:18 pm »
As of April 22, 2011, there were 7,674 individuals on AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) waiting lists in 11
states.  This is a 23 percent increase from the 6,235 individuals on the February 2011 ADAP Watch.   Eighteen ADAPs,
10 with current waiting lists, have instituted additional cost-containment measures since April 1, 2009 (reported as of
April 13, 2011).   In addition, 14 ADAPs, including four with current waiting lists, reported they are considering
implementing new or additional cost-containment measures by the end of ADAP’s current fiscal year (March 31, 2012). 

States that have instituted cost containment measures and those considering them, in addition to implementing
waiting lists, are reducing program financial and medical eligibility, capping enrollment, reducing the number of drugs
on the formulary and cutting other services, all of which impact access to life saving HIV medications for medically
vulnerable individuals.
 - from the ADAP Apr 21th Watch List

ADAPs with Waiting Lists
(7,674 individuals in 11 states*, as of April 21, 2011)
(changes from April 14st noted in parens (-211))

Arkansas: 63 individuals (+7)
Florida: 3,705 individuals (-102)
Georgia: 1,384 individuals (+41)
Idaho: 11 individuals (+1)
Louisiana: 685 individuals** (-209)
Montana: 25 individuals (+1)
North Carolina: 194 individuals (+16)
Ohio: 357 individuals (+16)
South Carolina: 616 individuals (+4)
Virginia: 630 individuals (+14)
Wyoming: 4 individuals (0)

ADAP Apr 21th Watch List
leatherman (aka Michael)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.