Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:58:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 227
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Our Zephyr/spokesperson and now media star  (Read 5088 times)

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
Our Zephyr/spokesperson and now media star
« on: August 09, 2006, 12:42:16 am »
Dear AM Forum family

As many of you have read this week, our Zephie has had a wonderful article and interview published in her local paper (Thanks DannyBoy for getting this to us). This was the first part of a three part interview.

We also recently learned that Zeph has been asked to be at the International Aids Conference in Toronto,  at a press conference with Bruce Walker MD from Harvard. She will be there to speak of her participation in the 'Elite Controller' LTNP study at Harvard/MGH , Partners in Care. It is quite an honor for her to have been asked to participate. As another member of this study I am thrilled that she will be speaking for us and the study. Her kindness, compassion, eloquence and spirit will, I'm sure, wow the media who will be representing press from around the world.

We can all be most proud of our Zephyr and congratulate her on her strength and courage to be so 'out' and living large in the world.

I found the media link to the conference and have included it here. It is a large document (easier for broadband) and she is listed on page 15. Wednesday,16 August. Look for Loreen Willenberg, room 3 at 13H00  under 'Speakers'

http://www.aids2006.org/admin/images/upload/1024.pdf

Good on ya girl !!!!

Big hugs from your 'kindred brother'
I LOVE YOU
Paul xxxooo
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:44:20 am by OzPaul »

Offline Sdgirl

Re: Our Zephyr/spokesperson and now media star
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 12:54:01 am »
While reading this thread, for some reason, I started singing Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely"....it's one of my favorite songs, and "Isn't Zeph Lovely?"  I mean really.............have any of you heard her voice?  It's deep and soothing.......her inflections make you feel warm.  She is so amazing.  I can't believe how fortunate I am to call her my friend.

Every step she takes, every move she makes, I am so proud of her.  She is a butterfly leaving her cocoon, her wings are bright and colorful...............she stops at every flower to make her presence known, but always in a subtle, yet powerful way.

Her hope is for ALL OF US..........she never just thinks of herself, we are ALL always on her mind....she wants to make all of us better...........how incredible is that?  Not a selfish bone in her body.

I love you girlie, you make me proud.

Lisa
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 05:03:46 am »
Dear Zephyr, may I have a signature?  ;D

Honestly, I'm proud of you.

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 09:47:54 am »
Zephyr,

You make me feel very proud to know you.

Cannot wait to see your very tired face in Montreal, and give you a big juicy one, right on the mouth.

In Love and Admiration.

Here is the hard copy for those of you who don't have the ability to download quickly;

1300h      Host    HIV Elite Controller Collaboration

Title    HIV Elite Controller Collaborative study: Research
                         on people who control HIV without medications

Speakers    Bruce Walker, M.D., Director of Partners AIDS
                         Research Center, Professor of Medicine at
                         Harvard Medical School;
                         Loreen Willenberg, Elite Controller Study
                         participant

In Love, and Support.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Trish

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 09:57:05 am »
Tim, you beat me to it -- I was going to do the same.  Thanks!!!

Zeph, I am so freaking proud of you... and I love you!!!  I wish I could be there, standing beside you, proud & all.  But, trust that I will be there in spirit.  YOU ROCK DARLING!!!  Thank you for being so special and caring.  And Good Luck!!!  I can't wait to hear all about it in Montreal.

KNOCK 'EM DEAD GIRL!!!

:-*
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 06:55:25 pm »
My Dear and Special AM Family,

I never in my life imagined I'd be reading MY name of the list of 'Speakers' for Press Conferences at ANY International AIDS Conference!! OMG!

Years ago, when my only connection to our HIV/AIDS world was POZ Magazine, I'd read about these distant events with a detached view, thinking they were only for the 'heavy hitters'...the Activists out of New York (like Peter Straley), the Medical Professionals and the Press.....events to create a swirl of information for what seemed to be a very short time, and then POOF, disappearing again behind closed doors and labs throughout the world.

Can you imagine how SURPRISED I am? It is all so surreal.

Paul, you have once again extended to me a wonderful thread....and I am speechless. Thank you.

Lisa, my dear friend, tears of happiness are again welling up in my eyes at your beautiful words...you have described EXACTLY how I feel by likening me to a butterfly, whose cocoon has split after so long, my desire to fly too strong to hold it together anymore. It is people like you who are the 'wind beneath my wings' (one of my favorite songs)!! I love you, too.

Trishie, weren't we just talking about how we could make a difference? Seems like just yesterday that you were in my living room, assuring me that change was coming, the time was drawing near for our voices to be heard. Now, both of our stories have been 'published' in a newspaper, we're both Planning Council Members, and soon, Montreal will see us together again, making plans for our next steps...wonder what we'll come up with then???? Thank you for believing in me....and for helping me to get to this place.  xxooxx (We are fam-a-lee, all my sisters and me......) Love ya!

Moffie..........WHAT A TRIP!! How'd I get on this magic bus, babe???? The only thing that would have made the Conference better is if our original plan came through...next time, it will. Thanks for posting the page from the site for everyone...I just printed out the entire list!! P.S. I am proud to know you! (Just tried to call you....)

I will be standing taller just knowing that I've got my AM Family next to me, each and every one of you!

With much love, and thanks,

Zephyr :-*

"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 10:10:26 pm »
Hello Zephie, it is Eldon. I'm sending my deepest wishes and thoughts to you. I wish you the best in the conference. Speaking? OMG! is absolutely right. Stand tall and be firm you will/are making a difference for all of us! I am so happy to know you as a friend!

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 12:08:13 am »
Zeph,

My dear garden denizen, I never doubted for a moment you had star potential!

You inspire me and are simply awesome!

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline zephyr

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 02:56:23 pm »
Dear Mark and Eldon,

What's most important to remind folks about is that this virus does NOT DISCRIMINATE. I want to be able to dispel any lingering judgements about 'who' gets infected with this viral protein (thanks, Moffie!)...that it can, and DOES cross all barriers throughout society.

As with Regan Hoffman's full and public disclosure in the April issue of POZ Magazine, and her various television interviews back in June, it's imperative for we women, especially, to put our stories and our faces out there......show that we remain vibrant and viable human beings, despite being infected.

I intend to stand as tall as I can, proud of who I am and proud of this incredible community of PLWHA's.

Again, as our Moffie says: 'WE ARE THE POWER'.

In solidarity,

Zephyr

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 03:32:40 pm »
Congratulations Zeph on this and the article it seems like you've come a massive way in the last year.  I hope to emulate your achievements one day!
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline water duck

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 03:36:27 pm »
AMEN !!!

Dear Zephyr; and may you carry ZEPHYR LTNP FOUNDATION up with you upon those beautiful wings of yours !!

:-* :-* :-*

Siang

Offline zephyr

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 03:42:09 pm »
Chris...

Honey, you can say that again!! It feels like I've processed several lifetimes in 11 short months!! ;D And it's because of people like you that I've done it. You will, too, darlin'. I can just feel it.

WATER DUCK!! How good to know you've flown in!! As we speak, ZLF is beginning to sprout! Hope you are well, my friend!

Love,

Zephyr

Offline water duck

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 03:45:35 pm »
I am well  !!

Dear Big Sis; thanks for the concern !!

Siang

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 05:18:07 am »
I am very proud of you. Now you have the chance to start changing things!
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.