Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:26:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 372
Total: 373

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Is this posssible?PLEASE HELP  (Read 6990 times)

Offline richardlou

Is this posssible?PLEASE HELP
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:56:34 pm »
(I am Portuguese so excuse me some bad spelling). I need some urgent help…I am getting crazy, I cant sleep and ive been advised by some psychologists of some hotlines about aids help here in portugal to get psychiatric help ….i am getting depressed… And I just think about it 24 hours a day….

THE FACTS ; Two ears ago when i was 19 i broke up with my girlfriend i got very depressed and i went to a brothel and went with some prostitutes…I made oral sex with 5 girls and with two of this girls in the end of the relation I made sex without condom one it was something around 1 minute duration and another it was some seconds and during this seconds I masturbated inside of the girl.

Right now I have 22 ears old (it was 2 ears and 5 months ago) and I am ending my nurse graduation and I began to think about it a lot….
At  2 months ago I began to look at lots of pictures and things here in the net and tried to see if they were present in my body.

I found lots of white spots in my tongue and noticed that I have a white piece of my thongue in white, but maybe its something normal in the tongue cause lots of people I think that have that piece of the tongue white ....another thing that I noticed is that I had in each of my arms something that seemed a sarcoma of Kaposi..and I talked with my dermatologist and he told me that it was a lyphoma and that was nothing serious,  (i think that this is the way to spell the name of it (but he wasn’t very careful looking at it cause he just taked a few seconds to look at it) and I read here in the net that a lyphoma may be confused with a sarcoma. Another thing is that it seemed to me that  when I cut myself the injuries have lots of time to get their cicatrisation and I have lots of scars with 6/7 months and one ear. And one ear ago I  got something like a rush in my skin .

Two months ago I went to an anonymous place  that make aids exams 4 free to make the test…I was a lot of nervous and before I did it I talked with the psicologist that does the first interview before the  blood analysis..and I told her everything….she was great and told me that she would get my test in the next day in the  morning cause she would send it with urgency.

In the other day she gave me the test results and it was negative…I was extremely happy and I left my depression four some days…….

Recently I got some red things spreading all over my skin and my back is hurting me a lot….and I began to think in it again…..

QUESTIONS ;

Is it possible that it was a FALSE NEGATIVE? Maybe because of the hurry in getting the tests they didn’t got it right…or because I am very tall I have 1.90cm..the blood didn’t got anti bodys…¬

I didn’t lost any weight during this ears and just got fever with a 1 day diarrheic episode 1 ear after the possible exposure to the virus….but I think that it was about something i eat I don’t know…. 

I called the place that did my exams and talked with the psicologist that was there and she told that the exam was not wrong and that she talked with the laboratory and they told her that  it wasn’t wrong… She advised me to get pschiquiatric help.

It is possible to get the sarcoma and the candidacy  (don’t know if this is the way to say  the white spots in the  mouth) 2 ears after the hiv infection? I read here in the net that it may take to 3 to 10 ears  to get it….

IF I really got the infection and 2 ears after the infection I am beginning to have this things maybe the virus is getting very fast inside my body and maybe I have few antibodies and then the exam didn’t got them……that’s my biggest fear… I cant stop think about BUT I AM AFRAID TO DO THE TEST AGAIN…..

I also take a medication 4 some  little hair  loss that I have it’s the medication 4 the prostatic thing that helps also hair to grow and this medication influences the PSA blood analisis..maybe it also influences the ELISA result…I don’t know….

I ve read this site and notice that my probalities to got the virus are low because that the oral sex have low probability to get it and I had less than one minute sex with the girls without codom,with one e masturbated inside her but it was just some seconds inside of her without condom…. Please help me I cant stop think about it and I cant do my normal life thinking about it…..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: IN DEEP DEPRESSION PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 04:35:15 pm »
Hi Richard,

You have tested negative long after the waiting period of 13 weeks which the CDC recommends in order to get a reliable result. Your use of a hair growth treatment would not in any way affect the accuracy of your test result.

You are HIV negative. Period. End of story. There's no need for further testing.

If you have any symptoms which are concerning you, discuss them with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV.

It's important for you to learn from this experience that in the future anytime you have intercourse you should always be wearing a latex condom. It doesn't matter who your partner is or what you think you know about her history or anything else. A condom is a must every time.

Now, lighten up on yourself. I suspect you have some lingering shame about having gone to a brothel. Give yourself a break and let it go. Get on with your life and keep your condoms handy.

If you find yourself still feeling depressed then consult with a counselor or other mental health professional to get some help with whatever is going on. This is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline richardlou

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 06:07:14 pm »
Yes i agree....but i ve looked to lots of pictures of Candida's in the thongue and i swear to you that what i have in my thong its exactly the same thing....i am a nurse student and i ve lots of books about it...and i pray to god that this is nothing but i swear you that my thong its exactly in the same that all of those pictures here in the net......

Offline richardlou

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 06:13:02 pm »
Hey i agree that your mission here its to calm down the people....and i believe that its very rare to have a false negative exam but it might appen altought its rare but might happen.......wonder if i am that rare case of that....you get my point ?  just a question candidase may occur whithin 2 ears and some months of exposure?cause i swear to you that what i have looks like a lot with all of those pictures here in the net.....and i am really serious to you...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 06:24:43 pm »
Past the 13 weeks the negative test would not be false.

Offline richardlou

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 06:34:05 pm »
yes i know that and i serious hope that...but i dont know maybe the worries on getting the test cause í got the test in the next day in the morning after did it.....i know that millions and trilions of people have this kinds of thougts after get and ihv negative.....but i believe that maybe somewere in the world the exams might got wrong.....and thats my bigest fear....cause i believe that what i have in my thongue is really like pictures i saw about it.....and thats what is freakin me out...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 06:43:10 pm »
You can freak out all you want, but the fact still remains that you have a negative result way after the window period. You are NEGATIVE.. No what ifs or buts. You are NEGATIVE. If you continue to have concerns you might want to seek the help of a mental health profession to help you work through this. It can't be done on this forum, it's out of our scope.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 09:13:30 am »
Stop practicing medicine on yourself without a license. It's bad for your health.

If you're concerned about your tongue go show it to your doctor.

This is not an HIV situation and all of your carrying on about this or that symptom is not going to make it so. I don't know what is driving your insistence that your HIV test result is not reliable. It certainly has no basis in HIV science.

Along with checking out symptoms of whatever is bothering you with your doctor, do yourself a favor and get yourself to a therapist or other professional and talk about what's going on. This is not an HIV situation. Period.

Andy Velez

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 09:25:04 am »
Hi Richard,

Just reading through your posts, I notice a pattern:

"Yes i agree....but ...."

"Yes i know that and i serious hope that...but ...."

This depression you have, I'm guessing it comes from not believing the truth. I'd suggest you seek professional health to deal with how you are thinking about this.

Like Andy told you: You are HIV negative. Period. End of story. There's no need for further testing.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline richardlou

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 01:52:56 pm »
ok guys...tank you all...i will do that...trust me......!!! Keep up with the good job you all are doing around here!!!

Offline jntmax39

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 02:43:16 pm »
Yes i agree....but i ve looked to lots of pictures of Candida's in the thongue and i swear to you that what i have in my thong its exactly the same thing....i am a nurse student and i ve lots of books about it...and i pray to god that this is nothing but i swear you that my thong its exactly in the same that all of those pictures here in the net......
Were you tested for anyother STD:like herpes or something else

Offline richardlou

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 03:01:10 pm »
No but i am more relaxed cause i believe that what i have its normal to have in the tongue its some papilla that most of people have in the tongue deep almost in the throat......i saw some picture and i think that that's ok, and that may seem like candida s  and it isn't...i hope!!! i am vry pessimist 4 nature and i seem that i am in a hypochondriac situation...

Offline richardlou

Is this posssible?PLEASE HELP
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 04:03:15 pm »
Hello guys! First of all let me tell you that i didn’t found my previous post in here. Second, let me tell you that I  admire  a lot the great work that you are doing here!! That’s a very noble work of you!
   If you remember my previous post, after I got 3 months ago my negative result I promised to me that I wouldn’t do that again..and I didn’t..but I did something that is let me thinking about it.
   2 days ago I went to see a sex worker (I know that I promised my self that I wouldn’t see a sex worker again.) . I didn’t made unprotected sex, always protected but in the beginning of the relation and in the end she made me an unprotected blowjob.
   I know what will be your answer to my question because I ve read what you always say about having a blowjob (that we don’t have to worry), but the problem is that in the middle of my penis (not in the head-just in the middle of it) i got my penis whit lots of scratches of stroking it (don’t laugh about this part: ) ) I believe that they weren’t bleeding at the time she performed me oral sex but I am worried a lot with it , and I am getting depressed again.

Can I get Hiv by the saliva contacting this scratches of my penis?
I suppose that my penis wasn’t  bleeding at the time she performed me oral sex  but if they were bleeding it is possible to get Hiv by the saliva?
Do I really need to test again?

Please guys I am sorry to bother you all again but I am beginning to panic again.
Please give a honest answer. Tank you.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Is this posssible?PLEASE HELP
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 04:05:18 pm »
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=7697.msg89301#msg89301 Your original post.

And to answer your questions.  No you cant get HIV this way.  And no you dont need to test again over this incident.  Honestly.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline richardlou

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 04:23:19 pm »
Are you telling me with 100% sure that saliva touching in blood doesnt makes the blood infected??

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 04:34:44 pm »
well you didnt have blood did you.  But yes I am saying that.

In the entire history of the epidemic noone has gotten infected through recieving a blow job and you wont be the first!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 05:16:22 pm »
Richard,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Saliva is NOT infectious.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline richardlou

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 10:54:05 am »
but if there was blood on the saliva? contacting with my penis head and scars??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 11:01:05 am »
Doesn't change a thing. You are not going to get a blowjob by someone with a mouthful of blood and scars have now way to facilitate transmission.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.