Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:50:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 420
Total: 423

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: SCAM !!!!!!!  (Read 5878 times)

Offline purpledragonfly

SCAM !!!!!!!
« on: June 20, 2006, 07:43:29 am »
Hello everyone

I just wanted to let you all know about a scam going on. It is being done by someone who says they are from this site. She is a D. Her name is Sussy Kamara. She is asking for money and help for her family. I know that when we put our email address out for everyone to see it shouldn't mean that we will get emails from people saying they are from this site and trying to scam people.

I just wanted everyone to be aware of this. I am kinda of still online, and am trying to get my internet up and running again soon so i can come back here full time. I miss you all.

Love Wendy

Offline joemutt

Re: SCAM !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 07:47:42 am »
Yeah she told me she was from the Sussy Foundation >:(

Offline tuggem

• Ron Hudson, same body, new face
    • 2sides2ron
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 07:49:31 am »
Yeah, I got it too...but I get on average about 3 of those posts from "Africa" every week and just know to delete them now.  The seemingly impossible thing is to get off the mailing list...
Lexiva, Videx EC

About 18 other meds to manage my side-effects/concomitant issues like diabetes, renal insufficiency, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, etc.

Poz since 08/25/1985 or earlier

Safe journeys!

Ce fut une belle aventure...

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 07:51:55 am »
Have you guys reported these posts to the Mods?
Any time you receive such scams/spam, you should let the Goderators know.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 07:52:12 am »
"she" has been hitting all over the web. Its another one of those Nigerian things.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 07:52:14 am »
Yeah she told me she was from the Sussy Foundation >:(
:o  >:(
oh goodness. THANKS WENDY

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 08:02:03 am »
Yeah,

I got it too. Since it was in my spam folder, I read it for fun (I love reading Nigerian scam letters) but I didn't notice any reference to AIDSMEDS. I hasten to add that I didn't read it closely.

I mean one offer of $55 million from the wife/daughter/brother/whore with a heart of gold of a Nigerian/South African/Congolese Oil Executive/Cabinet Minister/Supreme Court Justice is much like another.

MtD
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 08:04:37 am by matty.the.damned »

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 09:50:39 am »
ha ha ha....Seems miss sussy is making the rounds.  I even got a picture of her!  The letter referenced the forums at poz.com, which pissed me off initially.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 07:02:10 pm »
BUMP-

Thank you Wendy,

Isn't it amazing, most of us are starving and doing without just to keep a roof over our heads and some schmuck is looking at us as if we were a "f"ing gold mine.  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline tuggem

• Ron Hudson, same body, new face
    • 2sides2ron
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 07:11:45 pm »
The amazing thing is that even as hard as some of us have it, there is almost always someone else who has it worse than we do.  I met a man living with AIDS on the streets of Madrid and another one in Lisbon.  Neither had a permanent home, adequate and season-appropriate clothing and the money for a next meal, much less a roof over their heads.  It made me feel very humble to talk with them.

Ron
Lexiva, Videx EC

About 18 other meds to manage my side-effects/concomitant issues like diabetes, renal insufficiency, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, etc.

Poz since 08/25/1985 or earlier

Safe journeys!

Ce fut une belle aventure...

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 09:03:21 pm »
Oh shit, i just sent my paycheck to her!  Dam,  I am gullable! :'(

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 10:19:50 pm »
Oh Eric, please PM me, I have a proposition.............. ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.