Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:24:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772782
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 231
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New at this!  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Alain

• I am.
New at this!
« on: July 05, 2006, 10:01:43 am »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 05:35:19 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline kcmetroman

Re: New at this!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 10:05:56 am »
Ahh, human nature exposed.

Welcome Cow(?)

John

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 10:25:22 am »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 05:36:57 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 10:33:06 am »
Welcome to the family Alain. Glad you have joined in.

Sorry about your heating loss. I know it must be difficult. I know someone who lost his hearing as a child as a result of mumps. He is loads of fun, but too many people don't take the time to get to know him.

That won't happen here. I know many of us, including myself, are looking forward to getting to know you better.

So, make yourself comfortable. This is a great place to be.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 10:50:15 am »
Hello Alain,

Welcome to the Forums!   I am also a member of the "Class of '87".    I can't say it was a very good year, but we won't ever forget 1987, will we?

Hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 10:58:43 am »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 05:37:26 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline Robert

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 11:07:43 am »
Hi Cowhand.

Welcome.  I lost the hearing in my left ear.  I complained about it so my Dr sent me an ENT guy (Ear,Nose, & Throat) who looked in and said my inner ear was completely gone.  Apparently a fungus got to it, I think caused by in compromised immune system.  My right ear isn't much better.  On the plus side, my partner was born profoundly deaf so I'm already familiar with deaf culture etc.  And fortunately, Closed Caption is pretty much commonplace now so I have no problem watching TV.  I finally saw Brokeback MOuntain the other said and thank god it was captioned.  Ole Ennis mumbled so much I couldn't understand a word he said.

So like I said, welcome aboard.  Can you come to Montreal next month?  Would love to meet you.

robert

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 11:23:52 am »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 05:37:57 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline Teresa

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 01:23:51 pm »
Hello Alain!

Welcome ...glad you found us.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Christine

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 06:35:53 pm »
Welcome Alain!
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 05:48:43 am »
Hey Alain,

I have bad ears but I do hear with hearing aids......nothing to do with HIV but I know a little bit what it is like, just a little bit......

Anyway, we hear you when you write here and I am sure you can listen to us when we have things bothering us, things that make us sad, or really happy.

Welcome!

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 01:22:17 am »
Welcome Alain....welcome to the family.  I'm glad you found your way here.  I think you'll find this to be a great place to share information and support for one another.  It sounds like you're well acquainted with our little bug.  I look forward to reading your post....

and thanks for sharing those thoughts with us.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 01:32:35 pm »
love like you have never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

so true. thanks for sharing and welcome. glad to know you're in good health

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.