Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:53:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 238
Total: 239

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Poll

is it a risk

Receiving blowjob is of some risk to be infected by HIV
0 (0%)
Receiving blowjob is absolutely safe for HIV infection
0 (0%)
No comment
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Is it a risk?  (Read 15801 times)

Offline tony_china

Is it a risk?
« on: September 02, 2008, 09:24:09 pm »
I am from China.

I had a blowjob provided by a hooker. Could you please let me know is there any risk being being infected by HIV?

I am realy sacared!

beg you reply!

thank you

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Is it a risk?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:23:16 pm »
I urge you to read the lessons on this site regarding transmission.

You had no risk. Receiving oral ex is not a risk for HIV.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline tony_china

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 05:38:07 am »
thank you for your reply.

In China, many of the CDC believe receiving oral sex is risk for HIV. And many top scientists in this field conviced there is no chance to be infected by HIV through receiving oral sex.

So i have to find the professionla webs out of China to get the answer.

You mean I won't be infected by HIV and needn't to have a test. Am I Right?

thank you!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 06:25:36 am »
Though other STDS can be transmitted through receiving oral sex, HIV cannot. Saliva contains over a dozen elements which neutralize the virus. In addition, no one has ever been documented from receiving HIV through saliva. This includes kissing, receiving oral sex, and the like.

Please read the LESSONS part of this website to fully educate yourself (and maybe others) about the real risks for HIV transmission: Namely, unprotected anal and/or vaginal sex.

You do not not need to test over this incident.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 07:52:59 am »
We cannot account for what other sources may say about risk regarding receiving a blowjob. Often they are conservative simply to cover themselves legally and otherwise.

What I can tell you without any reservation is that in the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a confirmed case of transmission of HIV to a man via his getting a blowjob. Not one! And considering how common a sexual act that is we would have known long before today if there was even a tiny risk invoived.

Other STDs are another matter. They can be transmitted through a blowjob. That's one of the reasons that we recommend that anyone who is sexually active ought to at least annually have a full STD panel done.

This time you are worrying without cause.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline tony_china

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 08:45:15 pm »
Thank you Andy!

Your mean receiving unprotected blowjob is absolutely of no risk for HIV, am I right?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 09:04:21 pm »
That is precisely what he means. It is based on concrete, current scientific data. You may rely on it.

Welcome Thread

Offline tony_china

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 02:51:51 am »
hello Andy!

Please help me to confirm the situatioon.

I have made test for all STDs (3weeks after receiving blowjob) and all the results are negative!

Am I a person without any STD problems?

Do I need to concern about being infected by HIV?

Please reply at your earliest convenience, thak you!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 02:53:28 am by tony_china »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 03:40:44 am »
You were not at risk of contracting HIV.

Offline tony_china

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 04:13:49 am »
Rapid Rod, thank you!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 08:53:17 am »
This is an HIV-specifc site so we don't get into discussions about other STDs. What we do say is that anyone who is sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least annually.

If you are having any symptoms that is something to discuss with your doctor. For sure getting a blowjob is not in any way a risk for HIV transmission. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline tony_china

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 10:40:37 am »
Thank you Andy, and sorry for my bothering!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 10:55:00 am »
You're welcome.

Andy Velez

Offline tony_china

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 10:22:57 pm »
Hi Andy, am I allowed to translate some articles on how is HIV transmitted and post them on some Chinese HIV forum? Of course I will add a link to your forum.

I think it is of great assisstance to some Chinese people who is now wondering whether they could be infected or not.

Wait for your permission.

Thank you!

Offline tony_china

is it possible for hiv transmmision?
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 09:59:45 pm »
first , thank you for sparing your time to help me.

is it possible for hiv transmmssion if i use a condom when having sex with a hooker?

is it necessary for me to take a test?

your early response will help me a lot. thank you!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: is it possible for hiv transmmision?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 10:08:46 pm »
No, HIV cannot pass through a condom.

And it is not with WHOM you are having sex (a preacher's daughter can have HIV too) but WHAT you do that causes an HIV infection. You used a condom. You were therefore protected from HIV.

Welcome Thread

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: is it possible for hiv transmmision?
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 10:09:32 pm »
You must keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and allows us to give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 10:16:53 pm »
Tony, I have merged your threads here. In the future please follow the rule which Matty has mentioned to you. Keep all of your entries in this same thread.

As Rod has told you, when you use a condom for intercourse it doesn't matter who your partner is. The protection from condoms is very effective. You have no cause for testing over this incident.

Just keep using a condom everytime for vaginal or anal intercourse and you will be well protected from the sexual transmission of HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline tony_china

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 11:11:30 pm »
I must say sorry for violate the rules of this forum and never again

it is very kind for Andy and Rod for your quick response, that helps me great a lot.

i will keep using condoms.

Thank you!

Offline tony_china

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 06:20:58 am »
Do you mean by using condoms can 100% prevent me from HIV infection?

Offline tony_china

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 07:47:18 am »
Is it safe for me to have sex with my wife?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 07:59:19 am »
Yes, you can have sex with your wife.

Condoms provide very effective protection. Are they 100% effective? Nothing but your own hand is 100% effective against HIV transmission. But when a fresh and properly worn latex condom is used it provides  very effective protection.

Stop creating unnecessary drama. You were not at risk. You maybe just feeling a bit anxious and guilty about having strayed. Let it go and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline tony_china

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 10:01:32 am »
Thank you Andy. You are right. I'm very anxious and guity. I feel much more better now. Thank you!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 11:59:45 am »
You're welcome. Happily, HIV is not a problem for you.
Andy Velez

Offline tony_china

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 12:42:15 am »
Andy,thank you for your patience and kindness. I trust you and will go back to my normal life.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 10:54:59 am »
Good. And if you have sex outside of your marriage again just make sure you always use condoms for either vaginal or anal intercourse. Then you will be well protected against HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline tony_china

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 09:21:37 pm »
I promise to everyone of this forum, I will never ever do the same things again. I love my wife. She is an angel. I won't betray her again. I am so guilty these days.

Besides this forum, I also seek help from the Chinese local forums and the local CDC for advice. All of them suggest correctly  using condoms while having vaginal intercourse is safe and no need to have an HIV test.

I think I really correctly used the condom.

Today I feel still a little nervous and weak, so I come back here. I need a final confirmation that I am safe and no need to have a test, I can go back to normal life right now with no need to worry about HIV.

Thank you!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:39:01 pm by tony_china »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 08:29:28 am »
Yes, you did not have a risk nor will you ever have a risk for HIV if you are always using a condom if having intercourse outside of your marriage. And even though at this moment when you are worried and feeling guilty  you think you will never stray again, I just want to remind you of the necessity to always wear a condom if you have intercourse outside of your marriage.

And I am going to warn you that if you return again just because you have "doubts" again about this non-risk incident, you may find yourself getting a Time Out from the site for coming back again about a non-risk incident.

You are worrying needlessly and as far as I can see it's all about guilt and not about risk, because you did not have a risk. Period. End of story. Stop the drama and get on with your life.

Andy Velez

Offline tony_china

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 10:26:23 am »
Thank you!

Offline tony_china

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »
Hi Andy,it's me again. Sorry for my bothering. After getting the advice from you, I felt much more better,then I put myself into very busy work. In the past week I almost forgot the incident. But yesterday, one thing came into my mind. I cannot recall the details of the incident, since I tried to forget it. Anyway, if it was tha case, was  it possible that my finger (in case it had touched some fluid of the woman) made me dangerous  when I cleaned my penis using a completely new piece of the wet tissue provided by the woman? please help me to confirm it. Thank you! 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 08:46:07 am »
Tony,

Knock it off. You used a condom for intercourse and that's the ONLY thing that matters. Stop torturing yourself with guilt. You did not have a risk for hiv infection.

Keep posting about this NO RISK incident and you will be given a time out.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tony_china

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2011, 05:40:06 am »
Hi ,Andy.

Today I got an accident. I went to a massage store to take oil massage. But the girl suddenly sucked my dick for several times before I stopped her.My question is whether there was any risk for me to be infected by HIV or some other sexual tansferred diseases?

Beg for your reply.

Thank you.

Tony
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 05:46:55 am by tony_china »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2011, 07:15:17 am »
A blowjob is just a blowjob and it's never a risk for getting HIV. There is no need to test for HIV over having received a blowjob.

We only focus on HIV here. Other STDs are easier to acquire than HIV, so if you are active sexually outside of your marriage then you ought to regularly have a full STD panel done to make certain you haven't picked up something else. That is the cautious thing to do.   
Andy Velez

Offline tony_china

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2011, 07:51:09 am »
It's shame to bother you again. I really did not know she would suck my dick. I only wanted to have a massage, blowjob was not within my expectation.

I will follow your suggestion to take full panel test.

Thank you Andy.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2011, 08:01:48 am »
You're welcome.
Andy Velez

Offline tony_china

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2011, 10:21:12 am »
Hi Andy,

Today, I turned to the girl to confirm the situation. She promised she never gave blowjob to others. So if she told the truth, is it mean that I need not to worry about HIV and other STDs?

Please help me.

Tony

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2011, 10:37:29 am »
It does not matter if she gave a blow job to others. It does not matter if she had HIV. You were absolutely not at risk for HIV through this incident.

Other STDS are quite possible through receiving oral sex. NOT HIV.

How many times do you need to hear this before you understand?

Welcome Thread

Offline tony_china

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2011, 03:32:57 am »
I understand it's time to go back to nomal life.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:14:49 am by tony_china »

Offline tony_china

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2011, 09:40:41 pm »
Andy,

I feel a little bit unconfortable today, I mean tired and weak.

Back to my story, it is totally unexpected. I went to the massage store for relax, but blowjob (just several suckings)was offered without asking, and I checked the calenda, August 13 was Chinese traditional festival of ghost.Is that means something beyond science will happen to me?

The girl said she never provide such service to someone else. Should I belive her?

hoooo.

Please help me to make final confirmation.

Thank you!

Tony

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 09:45:42 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 12:39:21 am »
You do not get HIV from getting a blowjob.

Which one of these words do you not understand?

I have reported your post to the moderators. It is obvious that we have been of little use to you.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 07:51:59 am »
Tony,

You've been coming here for three years now - in fact your very first question was about blowjobs. Getting a blowjob wasn't a risk then and it isn't a risk now. Never has been, never will be.

I'm giving you a time out you should have had ages ago. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.