Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:30:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772782
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 216
Total: 217

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New here... blame Eric!  (Read 9566 times)

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
New here... blame Eric!
« on: August 21, 2006, 07:52:25 pm »
Hi all,

Getting my foot in the door here.

A little about me:

I'm a 38 year old mother of a 13 year old girl.  I learned of my status in 1994 after my husband tested positive and diagnosed with AIDS.  I have been asymptomatic and continue to be so.  My husband lost his battle last August, and what a glorious fight he gave!

My t-cells are in the 500's and viral load undetectable.

My favorites are: jasmine flowers and the smell of gardenias
My biggest rant: being single and positive in a closed minded society

Life is very trying at times, and am currently going through one of those times again, but I will come out on top.

I hope you are all doing well.  I can't wait to get to know you.
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline Eldon

Re: New here... blame Eric!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 08:03:54 pm »
Hello IzPoz, it is Eldon. I wanted to take a moment to WELCOME you to the forums where you will find love, encouragement, support, understanding, fun, and answers to many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS. Your numbers look good.

You have found the right group of people and we are all here to support each other. There is a lot of information here also for you to review at your leisure. From my experience, I am so glad that I found this site!

Again, Welcome Aboard!

poznoregon

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 08:05:46 pm »
Welcome to the forums, their are a lot of great and knowledgeable people here.

Doug

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 08:30:04 pm »
Hi There !,

Welcome to the forums. I am sure you will find plenty of support and friendship from all the wonderful people here.

Take care of yourself---------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Teresa

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 08:33:24 pm »
Hi IzPoz,

Welcome!

Glad Eric told you about the forums here. Theres a great bunch of people here!

We are like one big family. We are here for you through the good times and the bad, the happy and the sad.
Again, WELCOME!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 08:41:34 pm »
Izy...  Sweetie..  I am thrilled you have found aidsmeds..  Watch out my dear, you will be loved to death !  I am sorry I have not kept up with everything, but we can reestablish some ground we lost... 

Love Ya Honey,

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 09:20:19 pm »
Hi Izy,

Welcome!

My favorites- lavender and chocolate...
My biggest rants- same as you!

Warmest,
Andrew

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 09:36:32 pm »
IzPoz:

Welcome sweetie. I am SO DAMN HAPPY I FOUND THIS PLACE!!!!. It's been tough, cause I was just recently diagnosed, and everybody here has been so nice with me. (Including Eric).

So. WELCOME DARLING, YOU AND YOU DAUGHTER!!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 10:59:49 pm »
Thanks all! Such a warm welcome!!

For those newly diagnosed, hang in there!! Be patient and do what you are supposed to and stop what you aren't supposed to!!

For those who have been around the block a few years, hope you are balancing your halo's on them horns!

Andrew, I think you and I will get along quite famously!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 11:02:56 pm by IzPoz »
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 11:25:07 pm »
Welcome aboard Iz.

I definitely share that rant. The gene pool could use more chlorine.

Offline Christine

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 10:53:21 am »
Hi lz,
Welcome to the forums! Glad you found us! I am sorry to hear it is a rough time for you right now. Hang in there. Anything we can help you with, or if you just want to rant...go ahead.

My favorites- chocolate, chips, my doggies, spending time with my family and friends.
Rants- narrow minded bigots, fear mongering...

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 11:43:03 am »
WHASSUP IZZY!

Thats my nickname for ya!  Welcome to the group chica!  You will find what you are seeking and you will make this place what you want.  We have it all.  Humor--thanks to me! Drama--thanks to all the queens! (I mean DRAMA queens guys so dont get your panties in a bunch) Support--thanks to everyone! 

So sit back and enjoy the dysfunctional family that we are.

Andrew
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 01:35:54 pm »
Heya Izzy! Welcome to the forum!

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline kykeith

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 03:04:21 pm »
Hey there...welcome to the forums...you'' find that this is one of the safest places on Earth.  And by the way I couldn't agree more about Jasmine flowers and the smell of Gardeninas.  :)

Keith

Offline Florida69

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 03:23:34 pm »
I will blame Eric too, that dag um Eric always getting us into these forums.  I need to figure out how to send a reply to someone, the system will not allow me to im someone.  I guess I will figure it out someday.  Help.  D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 03:58:14 pm »
Welcome!

We're delighted to have you join the AIDS MEDS family. You can always ask questions here and also discuss anything that's on your mind.

Cheers,

Andy Velez

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 06:01:24 pm »
WELCOME IZZY ;D

FLORIDA69 YOU NEED TO HAVE MADE AT LEAST 3 POSTS ON THE FORUM IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO A PM.

I'm happy you found your way from Thebody to us.

Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 06:19:54 pm »
hello, izy/izzy, welcome. nice to meet you  :)

Kate

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 06:23:30 pm »
Hi D... Good Greif!!!  Its NOT my fault!!! ;)

Love

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 07:18:01 pm »
FL69 (D!!)

Glad to see you here!

As for the nickname of Izzy... hah, you'd be surprised by how that name is truly my nickname.  Which is why I chose the "Iz" part... cuz it's me!!

The rough time in my life... *sigh*  Wow, I was hoping it would have been done by now, but it's been a rough couple of years.  Looks like the worst is over, and now I am just getting through this last little bit.  All other issues were stemmed from nursing and losing my husband a year ago, to losing my father last week, and now dealing with my own personal fears (boob squish didn't come out 100% proper), but the latter is looking like it was all a mis-reading of the results, so it's starting to look better!

Hope all you guys had a great day!!  Mine was busy, and now that I'm sitting still, I'm tired... so I have to go fix dinner for the kidling (french toast and sausage... Hey!! It's easy!!).

*smooches*

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 01:07:29 am »
Hi Izzy...welcome, welcome, welcome to the AM family.

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline joemutt

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 01:34:45 am »
Hi IzPoz and Welcome to our little oasis of love, support and information,
Come back often, :)

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 02:14:09 am »
Bonjour Izzy,

welcome to this community. It is full of love, life and laughter -oh, and yes, the occasional DRAMA! ;D

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline IzPoz

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 06:51:35 am »
Drama?

Nevah!

;) :-*

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 11:48:35 pm »
Hey Izzy,

Welcome to the family! Glad you found us, or Eric drove you to us!   ;)

It sounds like you have had a rough time of it the passt few years. I hope things brighten for you soon.

Just wanted to say hi and I hope to hear more from you soon.

HUGS,

Mark

Who likes the scent of roses, carnations and sweet williams and loves dark chocolate.
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 09:33:37 am »
Hey Izz, any friend of Eric's is a friend of mine.  Welcome to the Hotel California.

Offline bear60

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 04:56:58 pm »
Izzy.....we all love you.!!! Good to see you here.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.