Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:24:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 346
Total: 348

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please access  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Peanutz27

• Standard
Please access
« on: November 27, 2012, 09:20:21 am »
Ive have one exp brief unprotected anal due to condom break and unprotectected oral..96 days negative...i cant move past it because i had a situation where i met another guy online before my sexual encounter with another guy
The guy i met up with all we did was talk ..kiss(not deep)for like a second..we hugged the hug was long..i found that weird..he had a pen it fell and open from both sides.so now i wonder if it was something else..took him a while putting it back together and he was staying kneeled down to fix it..we talk he wouldnt really look at me..just acting weird..ex prisoner..very srupid of me i know..so he hugged for like 4mins..didnt really wana kiss..the thing that is stuck in my mind are that he didnt really text much after and when i text him and ask if "u got hiv" hi :-\s response was u have hiv lol..and really bad words ..im scared because i breastfed before i started thinking ..i suffer my hands feet feel like falling asleep (tingling )throughout day..bad joint pains..headaches..rash on inner thighs( pimple like)eye pain ..muscle twitching..my body odor may have a diff smell..and keep getting BV..WHAT should i do please dont judge me and should i continue testing?..im scared for my kids..please dont judge me his words have me very afraid..dr said to test agin at 6months mark
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:36:53 am by Peanutz27 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Please access
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 09:38:03 am »
Peanut,

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection during hugging - and yes, I read all your details about a pen. Still no risk.

Your only risk was the brief exposure due to a condom break and you are conclusively hiv negative following that incident.

You do not have hiv.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER TESTING AT THIS TIME, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Peanutz27

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:47:48 am »
Ann thank u for ur reply..but so many things are happening to my body..i keep thinking what if he had something in his mouth or if he got to my skin with a syringe..i cant get rid of the sensations and pain all the time ..i got two painful ulcers inside of my lip..and bv keeps comeing back ..i cant even have intimacy with my hubby becus i truly believe i was assaulted..i would need to test to 6months?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 10:04:28 am »
Peanut,

The window period for hiv testing has been three months for years now. You do not need to test out to six months.

It doesn't matter what he had in his mouth. Kissing is not a risk for hiv infection. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

If you had been injected with something in a syringe, you'd KNOW about it because it would have hurt like hell. You wouldn't be speculating on it, you'd KNOW.

You have a conclusive negative test result for the only risk you have reported. You do NOT have hiv.

Keep working with your doctor to find out what is actually going on. Whatever that may be, you have already ruled hiv out of the picture and conclusively so.

By the way, sometimes BV can be difficult to get rid of if you don't practice good hygiene - and/or if you wipe from back to front when you urinate or defecate. Talk to your doctor about this. 

You do NOT have hiv!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Peanutz27

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 03:19:49 pm »
Thank u ..i realize this isnt counseling ..i just wanted an honest opinion.. :-\..i cant let it go he said so many scary words and he thought it was funny....my leg veins are more visible..theres always pain somewhere..then i think what if he somehow made it to where antibodies would take longer..he even told me that ..now wonder my man cheats..stuff like u wanted attention right..thought it was so funny..last words were go find out..i swear he said all this ..how do i go about testing its been atleast 110 days negative.i even test my baby,hubby,daughter..im just so scarrd

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 03:46:32 pm »
Apparently you are not reading the replies you have been given. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 04:37:52 pm »
Peanut,

Plenty of men (and women too, I'm not being sexist) are assholes and will say idiotic things just to upset you - just because they have a sick sense of humour and think it's funny to upset people.

Him being an asshole does NOT change the fact that you did not have a risk for hiv infection during any of your activities with him.

It also does not change the fact that you are hiv negative following the actual risk you had - the broken condom.

You are conclusively hiv negative. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV!!!

Again, keep working with your doctor to find out what, if anything, is actually wrong with you. Whatever that may be, it is NOT hiv. You have ruled hiv out as a possible cause.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.