Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:11:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 351
Total: 352

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: World AIDS Day - 2007  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
World AIDS Day - 2007
« on: December 01, 2007, 02:05:37 am »
I truly believe that he wrote these two songs for us.  Thanks, Freddie.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sogKUx_q7ig
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 02:13:13 am by Ric Wilke »

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
Re: World AIDS Day - 2007
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 07:36:34 am »
queen have released their first single in ten years as a free download today in remembrance of freddie on WAD & to try to raise hiv/aids awareness
http://www.queenonline.com/ for more info

roger taylor wrote it for nelson mandela's campaign and for people with hiv after playing the last 2 of his 46664 concerts. from their website:
The track, Taylor’s “Say It’s Not True”, originally came to light for the launch of the 46664 campaign back in November 2003. Taylor wrote the song as a gift to Mandela and performed it live for him for the first time with Brian May and Dave Stewart at the inaugural 46664 concert in Cape Town that month. The song carries the message that HIV AIDS is something that can affect any one of us no matter our sexual or racial status.

Taylor performed an acoustic version of the song again nightly during the Queen + Paul Rodgers’ 2005 tour, each time dedicating it to Mandela’s work to bring people and politicians together to fight HIV AIDS.

Having played two previous 46664 concerts, but committed in the studio this year, Queen and Paul Rodgers decided to revisit the song, with all three of them sharing the vocals, and to make the song the band’s message of support to Mandela this year.

“By making the song available for free”, says Taylor, “we hope to help Nelson Mandela with his campaign to get across the message that no-one is safe from infection. We have to be aware, we have to protect ourselves and those we love. The song follows the line of Mr. Mandela’s personal message: it’s in our own hands to bring a stop to this.”
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 08:08:57 am »
Thanks, Ric.  Luv those songs and I'm a huge Queen fan!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 11:02:10 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjiapiq-hqY

Dedicated to all those who, like Freddy, left us before the advent of the PIs.

Sometimes I get to feelin
I was back in the old days - long ago
When we were kids when we were young
Thing seemed so perfect - you know
The days were endless we were crazy we were young
The sun was always shinin - we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just dont know
The rest of my lifes been just a show

Those were the days of our lives
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one thing is true
When I look and I find I still love you

You cant turn back the clock you cant turn back the tide
Aint that a shame
Id like to go back one time on a roller coaster ride
When life was just a game
No use in sitting and thinkin on what you did
When you can lay back and enjoy it through your kids
Sometimes it seems like lately - I just dont know
Better sit back and go with the flow

Cos these are the days of our lives
Theyve flown in the swiftness of time
These days are all gone now but some things remain
When I look and I find no change

Those were the days of our lives - yeah
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one things still true
When I look and I find
I still love you

I still love you

Sending love and light...

Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 11:22:10 am »
You're right Ric...I think Freddie had some forethought when he penned that song...

Today, is a not just a day of memorial and awareness, but it is a continuation of every day I look in the mirror, and see an HIV + man staring back at me. Only today, I wear a t-shirt that says" "WE ALL HAVE AIDS" and I am wearing it proudly out and about today...because that is what today is all about! Today, I take that man in the mirror with me, into the public and show them that he is neither leper or freak, he is just like everyone else. And should someone ask that man what the shirt means, he will simply say: "If one of us has HIV/AIDS we all do, because we are but one community of people and this virus doesn't care who you are, or what you are...it just wants YOU."

Also, today, being what it is, I just want to say: "Christine I know you are looking down on us all today, and smiling, and bearing witness to people coming together across the world to discuss and embrace each other in our times of need and love. Christine, we miss you darling, and I will see you later!"

WAD 2007...who would have thunk it?

I love you all, and look forward to a year when we don't have to call December 1st, World AIDS Day!

Jeromy
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline RobT

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 02:40:17 pm »
Jeromy-
Touching! I wish I had the same amt of activism that u do.

Rob
Current meds: Atripla
VL: undetectable
CD4: 630

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.