Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:07:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 401
Total: 402

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nutrition, Wumpette Style  (Read 1624146 times)

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
Re: Nutrition, Wumpette Style
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 10:22:46 pm »

"Fluffy sweet potatoes mixed with butter, sugar, and vanilla, and baked with a crunchy pecan streusel topping"

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-potato-casserole-ii-3/detail.aspx

It looks like you could just put this in a pie crust, and serve it for dessert.  A la mode, of course!   ;D
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 10:37:03 pm »
it's NOT truly a Southern sweet potato casserole dish if it doesn't have a layer of toasted marshmellows on the top.

True that, I kinda miss eating all of that stuff (makes me home sick) pumpkin pie or sweet-potatoe-pie is about as far as I wanna go, and that's without anything else on it not even the whip-cream  ??? as I still have horrible GI- disease , so I had to give up all of the fats & sugars, sweets make me very ill now-a-days  :-[
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2011, 11:10:14 pm »
pumpkin pie ... not even the whip-cream 
poor baby! no whip cream on your punkin pie?!?!  :'(
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2011, 11:17:42 pm »
We're having the office Thanksgiving Party tomorrow - so I will be sure to report on all the goodies I will be ingesting.

I know that there will be ice cream, pumpkin cake of some sort, some Spanish (Cuban) dishes (of course, this is Miami after all) - I will be bringing some fried chicken and may make a late morning run (duck out of work) to go to Chef Creole's and pick up a few orders of their spicy conch fritters (they are the best I have ever had)... we will also have some Puerto Rican culinary delights (as one of my coworkers is from PR and has volunteered to bring some homemade dishes).

I should be napping under my desk most of the afternoon after the lunch time party.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2011, 09:22:48 am »

I decided to kick off my Thanksgiving celebrations a little early this year.  Pumpkin Boston Coffee Cake!  24 oz worth of this stuff, no wonder everyone looks like a sloth up here. 

The North is highly overrated....
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2011, 02:23:27 pm »
1) because I'm still gimpin' I'm about to cancel my planned Thanksgiving jaunt to the Big Apple. I really don't think I'm up to that much yet, seeing as how it would involve two subways, two commuter trains, and multitudes of stairs and walking at each transfer point, all while lugging my metallic valise. This means that I will have no proper turkey meal, or indeed any company at all. I hope something entertaining is on television other than the latest clip from rawf*ckclub

2) I did, however, manage the trip to the grocery store (in the rain) and during check out the man in front of me was indulging in Wumpette Nutrition™. I'd wager he was around 250 lbs. and the proud purchaser of a 30-pack of hot dogs, a similar size selection of bologna, and a large amount of supermarket brand (fake) cheese singles. I felt so silly with my paltry choices of baby spinach, greek strained yogurt and fresh wild mushroom pasta.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:45:44 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2011, 02:54:23 pm »
1) because I'm still gimpin' I'm about to cancel my planned Thanksgiving jaunt to the Big Apple. I really don't think I'm up to that much yet, seeing as how it would involve two subways, two commuter trains, and multitudes of stairs and walking at each transfer point, all while lugging my metallic valise. This means that I will have no proper turkey meal, or indeed any company at all. I hope something entertaining is on television other than the latest clip from rawfuckclub.com

2) I did, however, manage the trip to the grocery store (in the rain) and during check out the man in front of me was indulging in Wumpette Nutrition™. I'd wager he was around 250 lbs. and the proud purchaser of a 30-pack of hot dogs, a similar size selection of bologna, and a large amount of supermarket brand (fake) cheese singles. I felt so silly with my paltry choices of baby spinach, greek strained yogurt and fresh wild mushroom pasta.
>

:(  .  Fly down here .... I will pick you up at the airport and stuff you with a turkey .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2011, 03:17:42 pm »
Seriously Brits -- hands off our holiday. Don't go messin' around with something that's not yours.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/thanksgiving

Kind Regards,

A Yankee Pilgrim in the Keystone State

ps: Thanksgiving is a Yankee holiday, and rest of you in the US are lucky to get a seat at the table. Think about that on Thursday.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2011, 03:36:23 pm »
>

:(  .  Fly down here .... I will pick you up at the airport and stuff you with a turkey .

Do you promise hot open-face sammiches on Wonder Bread with the left overs? Or even better would be turkey hash on waffles, like my mother does :) Now how fucking Southern is that? You twats always question my Confederate street cred. And I bet you girls didn't have a grandmother who pickled peaches.

ps: I've still yet to have better stuffing than Gran Gran made. It was ovah.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2011, 04:09:40 pm »

ps: Thanksgiving is a Yankee holiday, and rest of you in the US are lucky to get a seat at the table. Think about that on Thursday.

I was just going to offer to fly you down to San Antonio to have Dinner with the family here, but after reaading this I'm reminded it would probably be best not to have a pompous Yankee ass sitting at a lovely southern table.   ;)

-W
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:11:14 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2011, 04:17:20 pm »
I was just going to offer to fly you down to San Antonio to have Dinner with the family here, but after reaading this I'm reminded it would probably be best not to have a pompous Yankee ass sitting at a lovely southern table.   ;)

-W

Well yeah, duh -- what do you kind folks eat down there anyway? Turkey tacos with beans and sweet potato sauce?

ps: I don't even like turkey all that much, so I picked up a lovely large T-bone :P And if I'm really lucky tomorrow I'll be able to sprinkle klonopin all over it. Can't do that at Granny's now can you?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:20:26 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2011, 04:20:35 pm »
You twats always question my Confederate street cred. And I bet you girls didn't have a grandmother who pickled peaches.

I have never questioned your southern pedigree . I always pictured you running around the trailer park with dirty barefeet pigtails ah flying .

I cant promise any wonder bread . I like my leftover Turkey sandwiches on Jewish rye .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2011, 04:29:32 pm »
I like my leftover Turkey sandwiches on Jewish rye .

Now that is definitely Northern. What's next for you I ask? Corned beef and brisket? Lox on a bagel? Gefilte and matzah ball soup? Just don't ask for pickled prepuce because you'll be very disappointed.

Speaking of the Jews -- I put an S.O.S text out to one of The Chosen People that I know to see if his previous Turkey Day invitation is still open, though it means venturing to eat with his disabled sister at the Care Facility where she lives. Last time I met her she kept spitting on me when she talked, which might not be kosher during a holiday begun by Christian fundamentalists.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:33:32 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2011, 04:36:06 pm »
Now that is definitely Northern. What's next for you I ask? Corned beef and brisket? Lox on a bagel? Gefilte and matzah ball soup?

I made corned beef and cabbage last week ... the next morning I used the leftovers to make hash and eggs with for my company that was over for the weekend . Not crazy about lox but kinda like Gavalda fish.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2011, 04:36:45 pm »
Oh btw,

The road to Hell is truly paved with good intentions.

In a nod to better nutrition, todayI decided to forego the Juicy Tangy McRib and intended to go to Souper Salads for lunch...that is until I passed China Harbor Buffet..

First plate, Jalapeno Chicken, Sauteed mushrroms, Shrimp and chicken, deep fried eggroll.

Second plate, Mud Bugs, more mushrooms, Chicken Broccolli, dumplings.

Dessert,

Then on the way home I stopepd and got some Russel Stover Chocolates for bedtime, but had to open them on the way home...

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2011, 04:37:47 pm »

I still can't believe I found fresh collard greens this side of the Mason Dixon....

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 04:39:30 pm »
Oh btw,

The road to Hell is truly paved with good intentions.

In a nod to better nutrition, todayI decided to forego the Juicy Tangy McRib and intended to go to Souper Salads for lunch...that is until I passed China Harbor Buffet..

First plate, Jalapeno Chicken, Sauteed mushrroms, Shrimp and chicken, deep fried eggroll.

Second plate, Mud Bugs, more mushrooms, Chicken Broccolli, dumplings.

Dessert,

Then on the way home I stopepd and got some Russel Stover Chocolates for bedtime, but had to open them on the way home...

LMAO!!!  Come get some. Show em how it's done son!!!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2011, 04:41:50 pm »
Buffets give me hives.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2011, 05:48:15 pm »
Oh Wumpy -- I hope your son can teach your granddaughter the ways to GOOD nutrition........ 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2011, 07:33:13 pm »
Wumpy would have loved visiting my grandmother. She lived one town over from the Russel Stover factory and they had an outlet. So if you liked raspberry filled items from the mixed chocolate boxes the most, you could buy only that particular chocolate.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2011, 04:21:03 am »
Gawd, I really do not like Russel Stover's. Even Godiva has gotten waxy.  What I really like is Fannie May chocolates, based out of Chicago.

http://www.fanniemay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=20052&catalogId=12302&cm_mmc=PaidSearch-Brand-_-Google-_-Fannie_May_Chocolate_-_Phrase-_-na

They're wonderful.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2011, 04:38:08 am »
I was surprised to see Frey chocolate in Target 2 years ago.  Its a big old commercial Swiss brand with a great quality to price ratio. (Same quality as Lindt but cheaper.) Heard Target doesnt have it anymore but if you see it around, its good and usually cheap. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2011, 08:00:04 am »
Gawd, I really do not like Russel Stover's. Even Godiva has gotten waxy.  What I really like is Fannie May chocolates, based out of Chicago.

http://www.fanniemay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=20052&catalogId=12302&cm_mmc=PaidSearch-Brand-_-Google-_-Fannie_May_Chocolate_-_Phrase-_-na

They're wonderful.

Im with Betty on Fannie May chocolates being the best . There was a Fannie May store in the building I worked at in Chicago . I loved the candy and so did my boss who would let me get away with anything so long as the apology came with a box of Fannie May , it got me out of the dog house many a time . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2011, 09:32:25 am »
I like See's Candies. The best chocolates I have ever had were from Mary Chocolatier in Brussels.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2011, 11:32:04 am »
Gawd, I really do not like Russel Stover's. Even Godiva has gotten waxy.  What I really like is Fannie May chocolates, based out of Chicago.

They're wonderful.

http://www.fanniemay.com/

Yum, Ill have to try those Betty they look amazing!

-Will

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:16:22 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2011, 01:01:21 pm »
I like See's Candies. The best chocolates I have ever had were from Mary Chocolatier in Brussels.

I actually have a box of unopened truffles from See's in my fridge. My mother shoved them to me last month.

For top quality I prefer MarieBelle or Jacques Torres (preference goes to Torres) in NYC:

http://www.mariebelle.com/

http://www.mrchocolate.com/

Shame on you Betty for not pimpin' Chicago's Vosges! Their Oaxacan guajillo + pasilla chillies bar is lovely!

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

For local Philly made I buy http://www.johnandkiras.com/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:04:35 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2011, 03:00:39 pm »

-W

btw, any well-bred Southern girl should know that the true first observed Thanksgiving occurred in 1619 at the Berkeley Plantation in Tidewater Virginia. What is wrong with you people?

http://www.berkeleyplantation.com/

As a true son of the Confederacy I must maintain my pedigree, and in fact I was at Berkeley just two years ago during a tour of the famous James River plantations with Momsums and Dadsums.

Kindly,

Miss P of Leesburg, VA

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2011, 03:15:00 pm »
btw, any well-bred Southern girl should know that the true first observed Thanksgiving occurred in 1619 at the Berkeley Plantation in Tidewater Virginia. What is wrong with you people?

http://www.berkeleyplantation.com/

As a true son of the Confederacy I must maintain my pedigree, and in fact I was at Berkeley just two years ago during a tour of the famous James River plantations with Momsums and Dadsums.

Kindly,

Miss P of Leesburg, VA

According to my weekly reader in grammar school the Indians just showed up with a pick nick . I know this because the weekly reader had a picture of them all eating outside sitting together a picnick table . I'm not having your revisionist history  >:( .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2011, 03:19:10 pm »
According to my weekly reader in grammar school the Indians just showed up with a pick nick . I know this because the weekly reader had a picture of them all eating outside sitting together a picnick table .

yup, this is how I remember it.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2011, 04:14:14 pm »
We didn't land on Plymouth Rock,  it landed on us, and we had no say so about any of it, so there
that's my story & I'm sickin to it you dam yankee's  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2011, 06:07:05 pm »
Oh, now this is good fun. The NY Times had a Thanksgiving link two years ago showing the top 50 search terms on Allrecipes.com for recipes, and breaks down geographically. It's a great way to see regional differences.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/11/26/us/20091126-search-graphic.html

Thank goodness I live somewhere that doesn't worship those vile green bean casserole's with condensed cream of mushroom soup and fake friend onions. :D , deviled eggs (gross!) or nasty pecan pies (it's all about double layered pumpkin chiffon cheesecake I say!). And notice how low "pie crust" rates in the South -- it's because they use those frozen pie shells. :-[

And such low rankings for corn pudding in the Deep South -- what is wrong with you people?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:14:55 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2011, 06:19:17 pm »
And notice how low "pie crust" rates in the South -- it's because they use those frozen pie shells. :-[

Oh please Nancy, the search rate is low because we all know how to make pie crusts and we dont need to Google it like you yanks  ::)

you fail.

miserably.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2011, 06:21:09 pm »
Oh please Nancy, the search rate is low because we all know how to make pie crusts and we dont need to Google it like you yanks  ::)

you fail.

miserably.

-Will

The day you can make a pie crust from scratch better than I do is the day hell turns into heaven. I make the best blueberry pie known to man.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2011, 06:24:31 pm »
btw, whats up with the freaks on the West Coast Searching for 'Mashed Potatoes"?  Seriously, how can someone not know how to make mashed potatoes?

btw, I LOVE Blueberry pie. If it's made correctly it's better than sex  :P
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2011, 06:28:30 pm »
btw, whats up with the freaks on the West Coast Searching for 'Mashed Potatoes"?  Seriously, how can someone not know how to make mashed potatoes?

btw, I LOVE Blueberry pie. If it's made correctly it's better than sex  :P

Actually mashed potatoes are often made quite incorrectly. Properly done they require the use of a potato ricer and it's the only way I make them! Otherwise the texture is off.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2011, 06:35:10 pm »
I bypass the $100 tools and mash mine with an old masher.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2011, 06:41:09 pm »
I bypass the $100 tools and mash mine with an old masher.

Oh... lumpy mashed potatoes are such a no no, but then it does rhyme with Wumpy doesn't it? A potato ricer is only about $10.

Offline bocker3

« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2011, 08:29:31 pm »
Miss P -- how is it that someone hasn't snapped you up as the housewife with the mostest??

Hmmm....  Maybe Wumpy is in the market for one!

Offline denb45

« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2011, 08:43:01 pm »
Miss P -- how is it that someone hasn't snapped you up as the housewife with the mostest??

Mike agreed, I think both Wumpy & Miss P would make a very nice couple, if anything they would always agree to only disagree, sounds like ture love in the making to me  ;D

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2011, 09:21:46 pm »

Mike agreed, I think both Wumpy & Miss P would make a very nice couple, if anything they would always agree to only disagree, sounds like ture love in the making to me  ;D

Uh, you two are HORRIBLE match makers. Mike you need to stick to what you do best, which is Grandma'ing. And Dennis you jsut need to sit there and look all sexy...cupids yall are not. ::)

\-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2011, 09:27:26 pm »
Ok Wumpy, Toushe'  :D

Offline bocker3

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2011, 10:29:14 pm »
Uh, you two are HORRIBLE match makers. Mike you need to stick to what you do best, which is Grandma'ing. And Dennis you jsut need to sit there and look all sexy...cupids yall are not. ::)

\-Will

Me thinks she doth protest too much...............

Offline denb45

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2011, 11:43:03 pm »
Me thinks she doth protest too much...............

Well come to think of it, I've been in a LTR w/ my otherhalf for the last 18 yrs. and Mike & Sid have as well, so Wumpy, I don't think were to far off about you & Miss P, but i will tell you this Wumpy...
what happens when you take 1 girl outta to city & another one outta the country, well I think the answer is still true love, remember, opposites always attract dear whether you want to believe that or not , and I think I know a few things here after being in one for the last 18yrs. :-*

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2011, 12:00:43 am »
well I think the answer is still true love, remember, opposites always attract dear whether you want to believe that or not , and I think I know a few things here after being in one for the last 18yrs. :-*

Then again if you keep anything 18 years it loses all the trade in value and your stuck with it  ;) .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2011, 12:20:00 am »
Then again if you keep anything 18 years it loses all the trade in value and your stuck with it  ;) .

trade-in values might not worth what it was, but, it still good to me, just like a fine wine ageless & timeless forever  ;)

Offline bocker3

« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2011, 08:51:41 am »

ooooooooohh...  you are in trouble now!  I am so going to tell Sid what you said about him!!   ;D

Mike

(Happy Thanksgiving Jeff -- don't eat anything I wouldn't eat)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2011, 09:03:46 am »
ooooooooohh...  you are in trouble now!  I am so going to tell Sid what you said about him!!   ;D

Mike

(Happy Thanksgiving Jeff -- don't eat anything I wouldn't eat)

I couldn't resist LOL ... Hope you guys Have a great day ! . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2011, 10:15:37 am »
My ex made an incredible strawberry rhubarb pie. But the price was/became too very high.

Was in Chicago a week ago for a conference. Reluctantly passed on the windows full of Fanny May chocolates. I've found they pull out fillings with vacumn-like efficiency.

Andy Velez

Offline denb45

« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2011, 10:53:51 am »
Wow Andy that sounds deli ch  ;) and yes dental filling and crowns  can be very expensive as well, I have to leave the holiday roasted nuts alone, or it's a trip to the dentist for me  :)

Offline denb45

« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2011, 11:14:11 am »
Ok, Jeff, you better take back what you said, cause when you do meet Bob & I in Washington D.C. he's gonna give you all kinds of shade, and you don't wanna end being persona non grata  :D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.