Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:59:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 509
Total: 511

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Concerned  (Read 8899 times)

Offline stupiid099

Concerned
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:37:04 pm »
Hi

11 days ago I visitied a sex worker. We had sex using a condom, however she sucked my tongue for a minute or 2. On the face of it this shouldnt be a concern however;

1. she did finger herself and suck her fingers prior to sucking my tongue.
2. she had some bruising on her chin whcih I am now concerned could have been from dental work
3. immediatley after the event I noticed a very dark purple patch on the end of my tongue, like a love bite, it disappeared after 3 days but I was left with a small ulcer in that area
4. a few days after the event I fell ill with a viral feeling and ulcers on my tongue and throat which has lasted until to date

I know this is a very low risk, but the circumstances worry me, especially the patch on my tongue, could I get infected through this type of injury? or this tyoe of activity?

Thx Stupid!!

Offline RapidRod

Re: Concerned
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 01:50:27 pm »
Well  "Stupid" you've shore lived up to your nick. Now go back and read the "Welcome" thread. There you will find the links to the lessons. Start read the "Transmission" lessons.

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 02:28:45 pm »
I have read them and I am not clear, that is why I asked

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 02:33:53 pm »
At no time were you at risk.

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 02:43:25 pm »
not even if her vaginal fluid was in her mouth and I had an abrasion in mine?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 02:48:12 pm »
No, not if vaginal fluids were in her mouth and you had abrasions in yours.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 03:31:02 pm »
Nothing that you have reported including the details you have added on were in any way whatsoever a risk for HIV transmission. Zilch risk. Really.

No need for testing. If any sores or anything persist that's something to discuss with your doctor. This is absolutely not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 07:04:08 am »
Thanks Chaps for your feedback.

I am only concerned because there is a lot of material on the web that suggests that it is possible.

CDC state a case where this happened through deep kissing, I read one persons account on The Body that claimed this happeneded, many ligitimate health sites list it as a low risk activity not a no risk activity.

I understand what you have said, however as I said I am concernned that she sucked my tongue hard after licking her juices from her fingers and the sucking left a deep purple patch on my tongue which I assume was the blood vessels rising to the surface(a bruise). Also combined with all this i have an illness where I feel completely without energy, ulcers on my throat, headaches and feeling fluie. 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 07:22:57 am »
Stupid,

. . . . and there's information on the internet claiming that the world will be destroyed by a dinosaur piloted meteor sometime next Thursday, probably just after morning tea.

Doesn't mean it's true, doll.

As Andy and Rapid Rod have indicated you were not at risk of HIV infection and you do not need to be tested as a result of having your undoubtedly lovely tongue sucked. Your symptoms, such as they are, have nothing therefore to do with HIV.

If you're feeling ill I suggest you consult your doctor. Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Regards,

MtD

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 07:51:30 am »
Understood there are lots of whacky things on the web, however I wouldn't call government health bodies publishers of whacky things!

If your position is so black and white on this matter, why don't these health bodies also make their position so back and white?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 08:21:19 am »
We're not responsible for what other sites give out in the way of information. The Body by the way is not a governmental site. Often when such sites say "low risk" they might as well say "theoretical risk." Which means it could happen but in the real world of HIV it doesn't.

Nevertheless you are of course free to make your own decisions. We put information out as clearly and solidly as we can, based on science and experience. What you do with it is up to you. You did not have a risk in the incident you are worried about.  I also can't help wondering if you'd be as worried if you had been with a civilian instead of a professional. Guys always seem more worried that being with a pro puts them at greater risk.   
Andy Velez

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 09:03:10 am »
Thanks Andy

I was referring to the health institute sites that list deep kissing as a low risk not The Body!

I understand your forums stance on this and it is one that I wish government and health bodies would take, as it would stop an awful lot of people worrying!

I guess I was only worried because of the purple mark on my tongue and then followed by an illlness similiar to that described for acute HIV.

Thx

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 09:45:43 am »
I understood you weren't referring to THE BODY in that way. I was just differentiating it from government sites.

FYI, ARS doesn't come in stops and starts. If it occurs the symptoms all happen at the same time, last perhaps for a week or two and then are gone. This is all moot however since you did not have a risk. And in any case symptoms are never the way to know anything reliably about HIV status.

Just make sure that you always condoms for intercourse whether vaginal or anal and you will be fine as far as sexual risk.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 10:35:13 am »
Thanks Andy

I wonder if these health bodies know how much stress and anxiety they put people through because of the content they publish.... If they took your no nonsense line then they would ultimately reap the benefits of not having to fund mental health cases as a result of putting people through unecessary stress and anxiety!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 10:50:35 am »
Well they're buggers. But now that we've sorted this out for you, you're gonna run along and get on with your life.

Aren't you? :)

MtD

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 08:33:13 am »
Just a couple of questions;

- why don't you discuss deep kissing in your lessons section, especially as there is documented case via this activity?
- over the last 2 days my lymph nodes are getting a little painful my skin is getting itchy and my back aches; when typically would ars start and would it start gradually like this?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 08:46:33 am »
We don't talk about deep kissing in our lessons because it isn't a risk factor for HIV transmission. HIV has never been transmitted via kissing because it can't be.

But I believe we've been through this with you already.

We don't do the symptom thing here, but I can tell you that the signs of ARS don't come on gradually. They arrive all at once and leave all at once.

You don't have HIV. You were not at risk. You don't need to test. You do need to understand, however, that you will not be permitted to wring your hands and post endlessly about non-risk situations. Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with our posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 08:56:40 am »
Thx Matty.... I only asked because the CDC advise against deep kissing and state a very low risk and also that 1 case has been attributed to it..... just thought it would be good to have your views on this in lessons section!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 08:59:23 am »
Honey,

Unfortunately the CDC is notorious for giving out unsound advice about HIV transmission. Why they do it is beyond the scope of this forum.

Suffice to say that we've given you the gospel truth. So ignore the CDC, believe us and move on.

MtD

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 09:10:53 am »
:-)

will do everything in my power to take your advise....

Thx again Matty

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 09:16:43 am »
...and consider how common the act of deep kissing is. You're stuck on one case which may or may not have been reliably documented. We would have known decades before today if kissing was a real and not just a theoretical risk.

When the CDC calls it a low risk it's covering its butt by allowing for all theoretical possibilities. In the real world of HIV transmission does not happen no matter how deep someone else's tongue excavates into your mouth and/or vice versa.

Really.
Andy Velez

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 02:21:40 pm »
4 weeks since my deep kissing incident I am stilll suffering from an unknown illness.

First to appear were ulcers, headaches and nausea(within 3 days), then bang on 2 weeks I had very painful glands and extrememe tiredness, sever headaches, muscle aches, ulcers, hot flushes and burning sensations in my shoulders which still persists today. My doc says he thinks it is flu, but I have a concern that the timing of the glandular attack is exactly aligned with my incident (2 weeks).

Is it possible that her vaginal fluids that she transferred to her mouth by sucking her fingers after fingering her pussy could have infected me during her sucking my tongue?

Could the bruising that I experienced on my tongue after her sucking it be a possible area for infection given that this represents my blood near the surface of my tongue?

Also if it were ars that I am suffering from, is it possible that it could come on gradularly with headaches, ulcers, nausea witihn 3 days of exposure and then later (2 weeks) turn into a full glandular attakc?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 07:41:24 pm »
stupid,

Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with hiv infection. You did NOT have a risk.

Go see a doctor. We cannot diagnose you here.

If you've read our Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 09:32:02 am »
Hi Again

Seen doc as advised and had standard blood tests done; all blood counts looked ok and no signs of any problems. Doc thinks that I have experineced a bad flu virus but can't be sure.

I think I am now recovering from all of the symptoms; however still have a lot of headaches, sleeping constantly and pains in muscles all over me, also glands in neck and underarms are still painful at times.

Is there any chance that this could be ars as it did start at 2 weeks from incident and looks like it's ended at 5 weeks from incident?

I know you have told me before that it is no risk, but I just need to move on sure that what I had was just a bad flu virus.

Thx

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 09:39:52 am »
Stupid,

No matter how you slice this, our answers will not change. You do not have HIV. If you feel ill, see your doctor. You've been warned about what happens to those who continue to post about non-risk situations.

It's time you moved on.

MtD

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 01:14:08 pm »
Sorry to have to get back to you...

I am still experiencing very painful stabbing and jabbing pains in all of my muscle groups. They come for a few minutes, are very local, when I touch the area it is painful to touch, and then they disappear and reappear somewhere else. My tendons under my arms and at the tops of my ham strings and hips are also painful to touch and hurt like mad. This type of pain started 2 weeks after my (no risk) incident and has persisted for 5 weeks.

I know you tell me I had no risk of HIV through kissing, but I am still confused and concerned.

You say no documented cases whereas I have read an account of someone getting HIV through kissing

You say HIV is fragile whereas I have heard from health professionals that it can live outside the body for hours

You say even if blood was present when kissing this would still not be a risk whereas I have heard it said that only a small amount of blood in the mouth can make saliva infectious

I want desperately to get better and move on, but these issues and questions don't let me.

I also know you don't do the symptom thing, but I need to know if these horrible muscle pains could possibly be by some chance HIV related?

Please can you help?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 04:47:57 pm »
We've told you what we think about your incident, that it was a non-risk situation. If you keep digging around to find other "experts," you will for sure find those who will feed your fears and tell you that you were at risk. Only you weren't.

Stop telling us about your ongoing symptoms. It's not going to change our opinion. You need to see your doctor and discuss what's going on to find out what's the real cause.

It's not HIV and this is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline stupiid099

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 06:20:25 am »
This is not an HIV question, but just hoped someone with knowledge of this area could help me understand.

I still have my muscle pains however they are subsiding slowly, I do feel weak and get a lot of headaches but more worrying I have developed very light coloured poo which leads me to a possibility of Hep a,b or c.

Are you aware if any of these types of hep are likely to be caught through my deep kissing experience?

Most grateful if someone could help, as once again there is so much conflicting data on the net on this subject.

Thx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 06:31:31 am »
Stupid,

This is not a hepatitis website, it's an hiv website. If you're worried about hepatitis, go see your doctor.

You have not had a risk for hiv infection.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.