Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 04:08:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772996
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 219
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 172
Total: 173

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Time to exercise  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Texan38

Time to exercise
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:21:35 pm »
I had lunch today with an ex coworker I hadn't seen in about two years. She looked the same, tall, thin, beautiful but then again she has always exercised and taken care of herself and even after four kids, she still looked great.  After we hugged hello, first thing she said was "You're getting chunky!" I gave her a look. Then she said, "No, no, don't take it wrong. The weight looks good on you but have you thought about going to the gym to firm up?" I just smiled and said, "Hey, I'm not chunky. I'm getting fluffy." And we both laughed.
I'm 5'11 about 180 lbs. I should start exercising and I hear that exercising makes one feel much better physically and mentally BUT I would so much rather watch guys work out instead. That's just so much more fun!
<sigh> Guess it's time to start exercising... :-\
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: Time to exercise
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 04:28:50 pm »
Hey Mark,

I really enjoyed 12 oz. curls but now we know Mrs. John McCain is a beer heiress, I have to rethink my routine.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:02:42 pm »
<sigh> Guess it's time to start exercising... :-\

You could always just grow a beard, join the bear community and be done with it.  ;)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 08:53:17 am »
I exercise on and off.  I've never been one of those avid exercisers.  I do have a discounted membership at the Y, but have yet to go in and pay the first month.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 09:00:13 am »
5'11" and 180# sounds normal to me, maybe even light.  I know it all depends on how you carry it.  My BF is trying to get me to start running with him, to help with a bad neck and back, as well as diabetes.  He said I needed a good sweat, something else besides sex!   :P 

Gotta feel the burn, I guess.

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 02:37:07 pm »
I've been thinking of setting a new fitness goal. I've been in a slump and do much better when I have a specific goal. I'm considering training for another bodybuilding competition in June. Because I have some experience I feel I could do better the second time around. However I have switched to a new gym and would have to find a new personal trainer with experience in competitive bodybuilding. The philosophy of this new gym is "wellness" and "core strength" and the personal trainer they assigned to work with my partner was very disappointing.

Another thought was to run a marathon. I would love to be able to say I did something that is so challenging and requires so much endurance. The problem is while I love trail jogging I don't enjoy running on pavement. Also I have never run more than 10 miles without stopping. I don't think I'm really built for running so just completing the race would be the goal.

A triathlon sounds more fun. The problem is I would have to buy a new bicycle and they can be expensive. My best friend competed in triathlons and he now describes his bicycle as "my $2400 wall art for my garage." I don't have that kind of money for "art" in my budget.

Offline Texan38

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 03:14:16 am »
I really would like to exercise some more...but I know I won't. The most exercise I do is lifting a can of beer while I'm barbecuing! And besides, the way I like to see it is more cushin for the pushin!  :D
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 12:55:33 pm »
The most exercise I do is lifting a can of beer

Oh Mark,

That is a 12 oz. curl, see you do have an exercise program  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.