Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:11:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 229
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anxiety attack during a job interview  (Read 11677 times)

Dan J.

Anxiety attack during a job interview
« on: August 16, 2007, 10:39:27 am »
During a job interview for a part time job at Best buy I  had an anxiety attack. The interview started off well. They asked me questions about my current job & past work experience. That part went OK until he asked me why I only wanted to work 15-20 hours a week. I told the interviewer that I draw SSDI and can only earn so much a month to keep my check coming & to keep medicare. I stated I have a chronic medical condition that requires expensive medications to keep me alive & that I couldn't run the risk of loosing that coverage. He wanted to know what my disability  was. &  that is when I freaked out.  The room started closing in around me &  a huge  lump came up in my throat &  my heart started beating fast & I my hands began to shake & sweat. The guy was talking to me for what SEEMED like forever, but I couldn't hear a word he was saying to me.  Needless to say I don't think I will be getting that job.  Maybe I should have just told him everything, but I felt like  my medical condition  was none of their busines. I guess I blew that one, huh.

Dan
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:01:40 am by Dan J. »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: Anxiety attack during a job interview
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:52:53 am »
Hi Dan,

I'm sorry to hear of the panic attack, although I don't blame you for reacting that way.  Sometimes I am guilty of the same thing, I offer too much info to people that are virtually strangers.  I think its all in our attempt to be honest and "do the right thing." 

Perhaps in future interviews you could could somply state "Part-time is what's best for me right now" or "Since I haven't been working in awhile, I want to ease back into the work force...."    You COULD say you have a chronic health condition, as you did at Best Buy, but don't go into the SSDI details and all.  That is none of their business.  If you work PT, you aren't going to be drawing on their medical benefits, so you don't need to bring up your Medicare, either. 

Just say that you want to work part-time, you are dealing with a chronic condition, PT is what is best for you right now....and if they ask what the condition is, just say "Its personal" and stand your ground.  I have learned that sometimes less is more, so keep those answers short and simple.  Reherasing helps, too, I do that a lot as I am interviewing now.  (I haven't worked all summer).

Hang in there!  Something good will come your way.  Weren't you going for a case worker job as well?

~Cindy

HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Dan J.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 10:58:56 am »
Yes, I applied for the case worker position  @ the ASO here in Jackson but I haven't heard anything from them. I seriously doubt they even give me an interview since I don't have a bachelors degree in social work or a health or human services related field. At least I applied.

Dan

:(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:06:13 am by Dan J. »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:21:58 am »
I stated I have a chronic medical condition that requires expensive medications to keep me alive & that I couldn't run the risk of loosing that coverage.

2+2= infected you. 

I imagine what you told him was enough to do the math anyway, hon.

Cindy's right.  There's bunches and bunches of good ways to skirt the issue.  The ones she told you...considering going back to school for some classes works.  I second the vote to rehearse.  You need to write down the "what if they ask this?" questions and plot what you are gonna say in advance.  I'd take that 2 or 3 questions down, too.  For example:

Question 1:  Why PT?   I'm considering returning to school.

Question 2:  O RLY?  What might you like to study?  Swahili  and interpretive dance.

Question 3:  Do you do any dance now?   I know the Achy-Breaky and the Macarena.

That sort of thing.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:33:23 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:33:35 am »
The my parents are elderly and I have to help them excuse is a certain tear jerker, throw in one them has ALzheimers and you are sure to land the job. Whenever I've looked into retail all they wanted was part time employees. You're in Jackson for God's sake, they are lucky you can read and have all your teeth. ;D

Dan J.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 11:43:27 am »
Thanks for the giggle fellas. :-* :-*

Maybe this is a sign I'm not as ready to go back out into the world that I think I am.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:47:42 am by Dan J. »

Offline Grinch

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 12:25:40 pm »
Bestbuy offers medical coverage and SSDI offers a return to work program that offers continued coverage so you can find out if you're able to work.
 IF YOU ARE ABLE shouldn't you consider going full time.  It's likely more money than SSDI and they offer tuition reimbursements.

If you're not able to handle 40 hours then you should probably consider a well thought out cover story.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 12:50:41 pm »
You could always say you're taking care of your grandmother who is homebound and in a wheelchair.  If there's one thing I've learned in life is to always have a BIG LIE ready for any instance.  If that makes me a liar well... so be it.  It's served me well for 42 years.

I try to not do this with life partners however.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Dan J.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 12:54:41 pm »
Bestbuy offers medical coverage and SSDI offers a return to work program that offers continued coverage so you can find out if you're able to work.
 IF YOU ARE ABLE shouldn't you consider going full time.  It's likely more money than SSDI and they offer tuition reimbursements.

If you're not able to handle 40 hours then you should probably consider a well thought out cover story.

I know all about the Ticket To Work program I have discussed it on these forums many times & the drama I've had to endure at the hands of TN Dept Of Vocational Rehab.

Best Buy offers medical coverage to PART TIME employees??? I only want to work part time to give me something to do everyday than sit in front of this computer reading the forums all day.

I have a job that I do from home, Debt collections. I am paid only if the debtors pay their bill. Last month I made 1,052 phone calls & was paid less than $200.00 for the entire month of July.  I put in too many hours for that paltry sum & that  is why I am looking for another job. Besides, being home alone all day isn't exactly good for a persons  interpersonal relationship skills. If you know what I mean.

I can make UP $900.00 a month & still draw disability & keep medicare coverage. I would be stupid to give that up.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 01:03:32 pm by Dan J. »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 01:03:50 pm »
Consider a google of BestBuy and layoffs before you put your future eggs in their retail basket. Seems like the company has no aversion to laying folks off to maintain the bottom line. You just never know what can happen in retail world and the risks involved in relying on a retail employer to cover you adequately is something you must really think about. In fact I wouldn't do it. Guaranteed coverage versus the chance you could lose your coverage working for BestBuy just ain't worth it. Part time seems like your best fit.

Dan J.

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 01:09:19 pm »
I know all too well the nature of the retail business & had to let go several employees when I worked for Target. There is nothing worse than telling a person who worked their butt off through the Christmas holidays that they aren't needed anymore after January 1st.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 01:15:04 pm by Dan J. »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 01:25:10 pm »
Dan I don't think they can legally ask you what your disability is, just what your limitations are.

Anyone else think that? I can't take the time to search now but I'm sure I've read that in more than one place.

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 01:41:47 pm »
Legal or not, they may ask.  The only advice I can add is to find a way of answering without diclosing too much.  The best advice is to be prepared to answer such a question.  How about saying "I have a treatable diease and it is managable."  Either way if they have to ask, I would not want to work for them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:38:04 pm by red_Dragon888 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 01:44:10 pm »
Dan J,

It is illegal in your country and mine for an employer to ask you about this.

A prospective employer cannot:

ask if you have a disability or ask about the nature or severity of your disabling condition

ask about your immune status or whether you are symptomatic or asymptomatic

require you to take a medical test or an HIV-antibody test before you are offered the job

disqualify you based on information revealed by a medical examination, unless the reasons are job-related

refuse to hire a qualified employee because his or her disabling condition requires a reasonable accommodation

from The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 01:48:29 pm »
meanwhile, back on planet earth....

they can and do exactly that simply by "finding a more qualified candidate".  it would be lovely if these protections were so easily invoked and enforced.

*sigh*
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 02:02:01 pm »
I have been there and they will ask and deny they had asked it.  Unless you want to be CIA and tape record it and present it in court, it is not worth the time.

Dan J.

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 02:02:42 pm »
I just received a phone call from my supervisor @ the law firm I work for. At the end of this month they are going to reevaluate my performance & decide if they will continue to employ me or not. Whatever, at this point I don't care anymore. I won't be shedding any tears over that situation.

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 02:07:21 pm »
First reduce the stress and if necessary check with AIDS lawyers to see what protection you have.  Do not let the stress get to you for it can contribute to your health in a negative manner.

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 02:20:22 pm »
Dan I don't think they can legally ask you what your disability is, just what your limitations are.

Anyone else think that? I can't take the time to search now but I'm sure I've read that in more than one place.

You're exactly right.  While an applicant should never throw the interviewer the bone of the SSDI line, but continuing to ask the applicant about his or her disability is a violation of federal laws.  Also, never discuss wanting to retain medical benefits--a vague medical condition that could threaten the employer's medical insurance costs is an acceptable reason for not hiring a person.
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Dan J.

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 02:21:11 pm »
Do not let the stress get to you for it can contribute to your health in a negative manner.

That is a scenario I know all too well.

I made a commitment to work harder for the rest of the month. I have a doctors appointment in 45 min, new #'s time & I have a strong feeling they aren't going to be very good.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 02:47:39 pm »
I just received a phone call from my supervisor @ the law firm I work for. At the end of this month they are going to reevaluate my performance & decide if they will continue to employ me or not. Whatever, at this point I don't care anymore. I won't be shedding any tears over that situation.

I made a commitment to work harder for the rest of the month.

If you mean that you plan to work harder for this month until the review - may I suggest that you use this time differently?

Based off of what you have already detailed about the job (pay, stress, etc) and that they have now told you outright that they are considering letting you go - It just seems to make more sense to use the next 2 weeks or so to your advantage by finding another job while on their dime.

Just my thoughts.

As far as the disability/medical questions at the interview - yes the law says they can't ask you certain things, but the fact is that they do and the law means squat when you are sitting at an interview and suddenly break into a cold sweat. Most employers are savvy enough to read body language and pregnant pauses at awkward questions.

The way around this is to understand that most employees (or hopeful employees) erroneously think to avoid lying on an interview means that they need to confess every single thing that could ever come up at some future time in regards to the job.

If you want to/can only work part time - then that is all you have to say - You don't need to explain yourself.  Though you may want to avoid the sick family scenario as that can lead to sort of covering up at times.  Personally I suggest that you just tell them that you write in your spare time.  Since your spare time is sometimes spent on this message board - writing posts - then you are stating an absolute truth. 

Bottom line is they don't owe you a job and you don't owe them any information outside of you being cabable at that moment to do the job.

Offline Florida69

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 02:50:37 pm »
I have learned that in interviews that less is best.  It is none of their business why you want to work part time, that is the position you are applying.  You do not have to disclose anything to anyone.  Basically tell them that you have not worked in a while and that you are only interested in working part time to get you out of the house and give you something productive to do.  If they start prying into personal questions, then be brief as possible.  You can say well I have been living on savings for a while and I am interested in joining the work force, but I do not feel comfortable working a full time schedule.  Good luck to you..  D

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom/msn/careeradvice/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=326&SiteId=cbmsnhp4326&sc_extcmp=JS_326_home1&GT1=10268&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=4d6147b2860246c5a14db7b9618d8949-240594518-J9-5
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 03:53:00 pm by Florida69 »
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline mjmel

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 04:14:30 pm »

Dan, I am so sorry you had to go through this. Shit happens. I know the panic attack senario as this happened to me once.
It just caught you off guard, that's all. Nosy bitch (interviewer).

Mike

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 04:31:47 pm »
Dan, sorry to hear you had that attack. Scary stuff that.

Once you opened the subject up, the only thing the interviewer could ask you legally is if your condition could interfere in any way with you doing the job for which you were being interviewed.

I do agree with the suggestion that if you are again that situation you just say a part time situation works best for you now in your life and thus not even get into health issues.

You don't have to give up on the idea of getting some work. For both your wallet and your self esteem having more work could be a good thing. Like that old song says, "Pick yourself, dust yourself off and start all over again."

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Dan J.

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 05:00:52 pm »
I think I learned a good lesson in all of this; Don't divuldge anymore information than you have to.

I am going to continue to work for the law firm the rest of the month, a few hours a day & keep up the quest for a more suitable employment situation. I really want the ASO job, but doubt that is going to be a possibility. I called my Voc Rehab case worker & chewed her a new a-hole today. I told her if she didn't place me with an Employment Network that is going to do the job they are contracted to do with the state, then I would go out and find something on my own. & I can.  Heck @ this point I would sling ice cream cones at Baskin Robbins a few hours a day just to give me something to do than hang around the house in front of the computer or T.V. Sitting home and doing nothing all day is one of the worst things a person can do to themselves, unless they are too ill & can't do anything else.

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I feel I just can't get a break from struggle & strife.

Dan
(who knows that if he wants a change he will have to do it for himself)

Offline Christine

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 05:07:48 pm »
Hi Dan,
I am sorry about the panic attack. It is a horrible feeling.

I disagree with you though, you did not blow your interview. It was a learning experience. The next interview you go on, you will be better prepared.

Your potential employer does not need to know about your medical history. All an employer has the right to know (in the US) is that the employee has the ability to meet the job requirements. For example- Will the employee be able to stand for 4 hours straight if required? Will the employee be able to see a cash register or monitor?

Also, when asked in the next interview why you only want to work 15-20 hours, just say that based on your schedule and other commitments in your life you are only able to work for 20 hours a week. You don't need to go into details. As far as they know, you could be taking college classes, taking care of an elderly parent, taking care of small children, hell, you could be independently wealthy and are only working 20 hours a week so you don't get bored sitting at home...Doesn't matter. You are able to commit 20 hours to the employer.

Present yourself as being dependable, prompt, courteous and willing to work you will get a job.

Also, send a thank you card to the person who interviewed you, thanking them for taking time out of their schedule to interview...looking forward to working there..so forth. Little extra touch helps.

Take care,
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 05:34:46 pm »
I agree that it was a first interview anxiety attack.  you should get a friend or someone who knows the tough questions that will be asked and practice on them.  Good luck.

ps send a thank you letter but keep it short and nice.  don't remind the interviewer of what happen and maybe she or he will give you a chance to reinterview.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:37:16 pm by red_Dragon888 »

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 05:42:41 pm »
Dan, Always leave them wanting more... Practice with a friend..  Your inteviewing skills will return... 

Eric

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 05:45:02 pm »
All I want to know is where are our Resident Board Members who say that the SSD folks here just sit on their laurels and have zilch to complain about in regards to finding work?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 05:52:29 pm »
Dan,

I'm sorry this happened.   I know how upsetting it is.   Just chalk it up to a lesson learned, and next time, don't offer too much information.   What are they going to pay, $6-$8 an hour?   For that little bit of salary, your medical information is none of their business.

I'm been on my current p/t job for 6 years now.....hard to believe.   I told them from the start I was disabled, but only about my cardiac condition.   Since then, I have fully disclosed to them (for my own peace of mind) and things are going o.k.

Good luck to you!  hugs,
Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline David_CA

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 06:07:03 pm »
Thanks for the giggle fellas. :-* :-*

Maybe this is a sign I'm not as ready to go back out into the world that I think I am.

Dan,

I think you are ready go work.  You were just caught off guard.  How long's it been since you had a job interview?  Consider this interview practice.  Hell, I considered them all practice and all applications and cover letters as improving my applying skills.  It eventually worked.  Maybe you could inquire about whether the ASO job has been filled.  Nothing used to bother me more than leaving me hanging after an interview; I'd rather know I didn't get the job than not know. 

I know that the Best Buy job isn't your first choice.  Perhaps, for example, a job in food service (a host, for example) would work.  A job where you interact with people is always good, although not always the most fun.  More contacts = more opportunities = a greater chance of finding a good job.

FWIW... I applied numerous times over two years to my current employer (a State university).  I never even got interviews, even though I was qualified for every position for which I applied.  Finally, I called HR and talked to a very helpful lady.  I asked her what I was doing wrong on and if I could set up an appointment to talk with her about how the hiring procedure worked, my applications, and my resume.  As it turned out, I hadn't been writing cover letters.  I'd never written a cover letter for a job before; hell, I didn't even know what one was.  I ended up getting an interview for one of the next application I'd submitted, hired for that job, and a call to set up an interview for the second application.  The point is, you want a job.  Don't depend on anybody else to get it for you.  You be the one to make it happen.  Good luck with it.  I'll be waiting to hear about your new job (or at least the interviews) when I see you in S.F!   ;)

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 09:42:09 pm »
Dearest Dan
You sweetest man
With a smile I send this shout
Please, oh please, whatever you do
For a little while drop the word "doubt"

You applied
And then when tried
You were honest, yes, to a fault
From now, no matter your pursuit
Try using "hope" as the word to exalt

Whether ASO
Or Most Found Dough
Or working PT at Best Buy
Why not envision you've got them
And look toward some sunnier sky?

You pack it
And can hack it
A chance is all you need
In part, that grows directly
From your positive thinking as seed!

All the best.
Em

Offline northernguy

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 10:54:58 am »
I can only add what others have said: it's not a failure its a learning experience.  Now you know what happens if you open that door during an interview. 
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 12:30:40 am »
hey Dan,

they say do not give hugs to dogs that are in a panic, but you're my favorite dawg so i'll make a breach :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ DAN }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Dan J.

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 02:23:48 am »
hey Dan,

they say do not give hugs to dogs that are in a panic, but you're my favorite dawg so i'll make a breach :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ DAN }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

:-* :-* :-*

Thank you sugah

Offline SoSadTooBad

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2007, 10:38:56 am »
In future interviews, I strongly recommend that you avoid mentioning a medical condition as the reason you want to work part time.  I'd go with something like - "I am taking some college courses right now, and the flexibility of part time work would be best for me."  Or - " I really like having a flexibile schedule, so part time work is ideal for me."  Or, you can turn the question around and ask the interviewer something back... something like - "Part time work seems like a good fit for me, can you tell me a little bit about your experiences working here?"  As we all know, people LOVE to talk about themselves, so this one works a little too well sometimes.   Good luck, get out there and have some fun.

Dan J.

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2007, 12:47:39 pm »
Thank you all for your kind responses & interview tips. It's been a while since I've had an interview &  I'm a little rusty to say the least. I will take all of your suggestions to heart & get out there and find something to do. There has to be a part time job somewhere in this town I can do.

Thank you all very much,

Dan

Milkie I can't wait to give YOU a big hug in San Francisco.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{MILKER}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Offline chrism1973

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 08:46:36 am »
Dan,
      It's none of there business why you are only seeking pt work.I just went through that with the job that I just got.I told them I was thinking of going back to school.(wich I am).In some states such as mine it is illegal to ask why you are on disability or what your disabilty is unless you ask for special provisions at work.Keep your chin up something will come along.
                                                                                                                                                                              Chris
Love yourself,love life and live.

Dan J.

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2007, 02:44:01 pm »
I amoff to another job interview today with Dicks Sporting Goods. They are opening a new store here in Jackson & i applied online last week. My interview is at 2:30. I hope this one goes better than the last... We will see, huh.

Dan J.

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 03:09:18 pm »
I amoff to another job interview today with Dicks Sporting Goods. They are opening a new store here in Jackson & i applied online last week. My interview is at 2:30. I hope this one goes better than the last... We will see, huh.

Dan J.

Dan, I'm crossing my thumbs for you!!!

I had a job interview today as well and shortly before, I was thinking of this thread. I had anxiety attacks in the past too, and I know the dreadful feeling of cold fingers around the throat, a dry mouth, heatwaves and lots of sweat on the forehead. Luckily, I managed to keep calm and was able to break the ice quickly. It was a job in the life sciences and health care sector, but they didn't bother to ask me about my own health. I already have enough other edges and turns in my CV which seemed more interesting to them... They'll let me know tomorrow whether they want to invite me to a second interview for Q & A with the guys from the other departments and "to get into details" which usually means salary and benefits negotiations. We'll see...
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Dan J.

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2007, 07:03:04 pm »
Thank you Buddy! I am crossing mine for you too. Good luck with your job quest. Let me know how things turn out.

My interview went better with Dicks Sporting Goods than it did with Best Buy.  Hopefully I will know something Tuesday. At any rate, I am going to continue to apply for other work. there are a lot of new stores opening here in Jackson in the next few months so maybe I can find something, somewhere.

Dan J.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 07:33:13 pm »
Dan,

I sure hope it works out with Dick('s)!   ;D

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Dan J.

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 07:37:38 pm »
The beefy chicken that interviewed me was hot! All I could think about was all the dirty things I could teach him as I left the room.

;D :o

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 10:25:58 pm »
So you were interviewed by a beefy chicken at Dick's sporting goods............
YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!! SOUNDS SLEAZY TO ME!!!!!!
so how did it go?

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.