Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:05:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 448
Total: 450

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My status as POZ  (Read 6659 times)

Offline weasel

My status as POZ
« on: September 13, 2013, 10:50:30 pm »

Yesterday my older sister told me IF  BEGAN THINKING I WAS NEGATIVE HIV MORE THAN LIKELY I WOULD NOT BE A BURDEN TO LISTEN TO  :o

She is lucky I did not knock her on her ass !
 This comes from a women that has every disease known to man !
   She did survive breast cancer for over 5 years . But the rest of the crap she comes up with is pure B.S.
 I was so pissed I told my twin , Who now refuses to take me to the Air Port because it  is not convenient to his Sunday schedule  :o
  I have been working my ass off for two months and now that it is time to leave I am getting the your not really as close as  We three are !
Like I abandoned the family !  I doubt that coming back to work in Connecticut  is an option . Bob has told me : " enough is enough " 
 I rarely mention my HIV ailments unless one of them mentions I look like I'm in pain very early in the day !  My meds do not set well with a rushed nibble of food and a 55 mile trip to hell going 80 MPH down I-95 at 8 AM  >:(   
   Four months of this year I have worked in Connecticut , overlooked my LABS and Doctor visits to please my siblings and now I get the " Who cares crap " .
  I am madder than a hornet ! 
                                                     Weasel

P.s.  This year I skipped Cape Cod for lack of family  support , Next year
Connecticut is on the list  ;)   
" Live and let Live "

Offline tednlou2

Re: My status as POZ
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 11:52:11 pm »
Sorry to hear about the family issues.  I've been hurt by my brother, who is also gay, over the HIV issue.  I just wanted to wish you the best, as you figure out how to deal with them, if at all.  It sounds like a very unhealthy relationship.  I realize they are family and we sometimes just have to overlook things.  But, there is a limit and I get the "enough is enough." 

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 12:30:59 am »
sorry  to hear the  Family  attitude  getting to you..I know  we all have our opinions  about  dealing with  family and  friends    My personal  rule  has worked for  many years ...  three days  and  both  family and fish start to stink...time with friends   depends on  specific person/persons   a  week or so  at the  AMG seems too  short

hard as it may seem  take  plenty of time for  yourself  and  hubby..

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline weasel

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 08:34:50 am »

Thanks Guys   :)   ,

Yes Fish & Family      :o 
  I have been with my twin brother TWO MONTHS
   24/7 , with a few very very Super Duper trips between to see some of you at AMG  and a couple day trips to see old friends .
  I think the Meltdown is from being  just too tired , as I have known and loved my family for 59 years , And NOTHING that has ever happened will stop love , I think the saying : " Time heals all wounds "   is true for family , GOD only knows they put up with my mouth  :o :o   As my twin likes to say : " We don't talk like that "    ...
                                                                 Weasel

P.s. Twin is still snoring  ;)
   P.P.s . I have a date this morning  8)
" Live and let Live "

Offline mitch777

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 10:28:22 am »

P.s. Twin is still snoring  ;)
   P.P.s . I have a date this morning  8)

We will cheer you up Carl! :) See you soon.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline weasel

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 09:39:05 pm »
We will cheer you up Carl! :) See you soon.

OMG !   Thank You so much Mitch & Kenny  :)

It was a very nice day today , I enjoyed every minute of my visit .
     I'm having Cup cakes for breakfast !

I guess Connecticut is back on the Vacation list , too many friends to see there  ;D

Carl

" Live and let Live "

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 10:10:46 pm »
Weasel --

So sorry to hear you had to deal with this. Sometimes the bigger hurts come from the ones we love, but that really is a shocking statement.

As you said, time heals all wounds (eventually...) and it sounds like you have wonderful people elsewhere in your life to ease the pain. Hope this particular hurt heals quickly!

Best to you,

JD
Salvage therapy wrangler, riding the poz bronco and dodging bullets for over 24 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CD4 at diagnosis 1989 = 330
Began treatment (AZT) 1989
Lowest labs 1998: CD4=74, 7%, VL=750,000
First sustained undetectable VL in 20 years (2009); CD4=315
Current labs (12/13): CD4=637, 27%, VL=<20
Current meds: Prezista, Isentress, Intellence, Norvir

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 05:05:23 am »
I think the saying : " Time heals all wounds "   is true for family ,

"Time wounds all heels" is more apt for my family.  :P

As long as the upsides to hanging around family outweigh the downsides, then it makes sense to keep them around. Otherwise put time and distance between you and them. Only you can make that decision for yourself.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Offline weasel

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 06:19:56 am »
"Time wounds all heels" is more apt for my family.  :P

As long as the upsides to hanging around family outweigh the downsides, then it makes sense to keep them around. Otherwise put time and distance between you and them. Only you can make that decision for yourself.

Hi Intaglio ,
                         Nice to meet you  :)   
 I live 900 miles from my family in Connecticut , I visit as much as I can , But trips of two months at a time
 make for a tired Weasel and possibly a grumpy Weasel .
     I leave for Missouri this morning .
    I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY HUSBAND BOB !!!!     
   Our lives are  so much different than how my siblings live .   It's great to go away , but getting home is
   my real pleasure  :-*

Weasel

P.s. : Have to take home with me all I learned on this vacation , I try to make every summer a learning
    time to have a better life at home . sometimes it works ,sometimes it falls to the way side  :-X
" Live and let Live "

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 12:49:04 am »
2 months?!  Wow.  We go to Gatlinburg (Smoky Mountains) every fall with family.  We can only do about 3 days in a cabin.  Hell, there are arguments before we leave. 

Offline weasel

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 08:28:52 pm »
2 months?!  Wow.  We go to Gatlinburg (Smoky Mountains) every fall with family.  We can only do about 3 days in a cabin.  Hell, there are arguments before we leave.

I got home yesterday   :)

I hugged and kissed Bob in the Airport , And did not care whom was watching !
   We had a great afternoon ,    I was really glad to be home , I took a shower , layed in my own bed .
 Froze my ass off  ::) , May be a few things to get used to .  We made breakfast together , Pulled porky Sangwithces , with coleslaw , Napped most of the day , Or at least I did  ;D
  Got up at 5 PM  Made a fantastic  Italian dish of Shrimp & Anchovy over Cappillini  ;)
    All of Bob's sisters called , all of my family wished Bob Happy Birthday .
  Life will be fine now , Let the REAL vacation start to marrow morning !   
  We may be as poor as church mouses but we sure have a ball for the most part !
 As long As I have wood and Bob supplies Beer we are good to go  :-*

Time for bed now  :-X

Weasel , with Bob  :)
" Live and let Live "

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 08:46:27 pm »
Glad to hear you are back home with Bob, a place where your heart really is, take some time for just the two of you.

Aroha and hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Fisher

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 09:12:36 pm »
Weasel,

Sorry for the angst. Maybe to Maine next year!
- fisher
06/15 CD 365 %24 VL<20
01/15 CD 468 %24 VL<20
09/14 CD 385 %22 VL<20
07/14 CD 391 %20 VLUD
04/14 CD 486 %23 VL<20
11/13 CD 351 %21  VL<20
10/13 CD 390 %16  VL<20
06/13 CD 315 %19  VL 22
02/13 CD 396 %14  VL<20
12/12 CD 392 %13  VL320
11/12 CD 428 %13  VL1200
*Started Meds: Atripla
10/12 CD 427 %11  VL 139000 -- 09/12 CD 408 %13 VL 92928
09/11 CD 745 %27 VL CLOT -- 10/10 CD 863 %29 VL 2782
10/09 CD 597 %30 VL 2537 -- 05/08 CD 809 %28 VL 1504
04/07 CD 797 %25 VL 3558 -- 11/06 CD 720 %28 VL 1214
06/05 CD 731 %25 VL 1575 -- 12/04 CD 1176 %30 VL 1329
01/04 CD 959 %26 VL 1011 -- 11/03 CD 1000 %28 VL 1581
12/02 CD 748 %28 -- 10/01 CD 860 %25
08/00 CD 1022 %28 -- 04/99 CD 854 %27
11/98 CD 899 %28 -- 02/97 CD 1400 %37
11/96 CD 1325  VL <500 -- 09/96 – Western Blot
05/83 – 04/98 - Mon - Pa

Offline weasel

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 12:11:53 pm »
Weasel,

Sorry for the angst. Maybe to Maine next year!

No maybe about it Fisher   :)
   Get the boat fixed  :)

Weasel

P.s.    Budweiser's on ice please  ;D   
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.