Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:05:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 470
Total: 473

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please help me!! Ann, rod and andy!!  (Read 11938 times)

Offline MARC30

Please help me!! Ann, rod and andy!!
« on: November 04, 2008, 07:54:28 am »
hello;

First off, excuse my English. I practiced a cunnilingus to a woman of whom know their status. 
3 months after my exposure, I had high fever, a few months later my girlfriend development swollen lymph nodes in the neck, and weight loss, and cervical dysplasia is detected, the previous year when its cytology had been correct.

Ann am very scared because I read that the virus is transmitted orally through the tonsils, and I have always suffered from tonsillitis since small. Ann, rod, andy please help me I'm very scared, I'm afraid of having infected my partner

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Please help me!! Ann, rod and andy!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:59:35 am »
Take a couple of nice and deep slow breaths, Marc. You are worrying needlessly.

HIV is a fragile virus and sexually is transmitted in only very specific ways: unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Everything else is strictly theoretical. Performing cunnilingus is NOT a risk for transmission other than theoretically. Your saliva has over a dozen elements which very effectively render HIV ineffective, IF it was even present in the woman you were with.

Whatever is going on with you and your gf symptomatically has nothing to do with HIV. If symptoms persist for either of you that's something to discuss with a doctor. This is NOT an HIV situation. Period.

And your English is fine.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline MARC30

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 08:04:15 am »
Andy thank you very much for your quick response;

My question is about a recent article that reported that the transmissions of HIV through oral sex, are using the tonsils.

My tonsils have suffered from repeated infections from small, this may have led to an increased risk?

forgives for the inconvenience.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:07:39 am »
I don't know where that article was published nor frankly do I really care. I can tell you there has never been a documented case of transmission to someone giving oral to a woman. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

Whatever is going on with you physically is something to discuss with your doctor. This is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline MARC30

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:19:07 am »

andy if not bother you, I leave for the link, where I could read the information.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070726085912.htm

The truth is that I am very disappointed and very keen to mourn.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 08:26:21 am »
Listen, if you choose to worry and mourn, that's up to you.

You seem to be ignoring that in that article there are no documented cases of transmission in that manner. It is being considered as a potential source of risk. In other words, theoretical.

Discuss your symptoms with your doctor.

I suspect that your anxiety has a strong element of guilt involved for having strayed from your relationship. If that's so you can't change what happened. See it, accept it, let it go and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline MARC30

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 08:32:21 am »
andy sorry, I do not want to call into question your approach, reassure me much.

If I'm honest what worries me most is the cervical dysplasia from my girlfriend, and his swollen lymph nodes in the neck, and her weight loss, as I read that the dysplasia is very common in women hiv positive change in women negative often have no dysplasia.

Do not be angry with me andy, I'm just scared, I am uninformed, and very distressed.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 09:17:44 am »
Your gf needs to see her doctor about her symptoms.

For you to imagine that a theoretical risk you had a few months ago has now resulted in such symptoms in your gf is frankly....ridiculous. 

The only advanced conditions evident here are your guilt and anxiety.

I don't see that we can do anything more for you. Symptoms are something to discuss with doctors. I've given you my evaluation of your situation in terms of HIV. You can accept it or not. This is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline MARC30

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 09:28:52 am »
andy a last question, and I promise to try to calm my fears.

Mestrual the blood increases the risk that you've said several times. I have not noticed that this girl had blood when he practiced cunnilingus, but it may be that having little blood and you can not see?, Where she was hiv positive its high viral load would be at greater risk for me?

thanks for your infinite patience, as they talk to me after I am being more relaxed.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 09:43:06 am »
See, you're continuing to indulge in every possible variatiion to scare yourself...unnecessarily. If she was menstruating, you would have noticed.

Secondly, as far as cunnilingus is concerned, if the woman was HIV+, the area where a woman's fluids would contain HIV is up around the cervix, an area not reachable by your tongue.

You need to move on past this non-risk issue.
Andy Velez

Offline MARC30

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 10:03:47 am »
Then you should think of andy forget this situation and stop thinking that everything that is happening to my girlfriend, cervical dysplasia, swollen lymph nodes, etc. .... has been my fault (having performed cunnilingus on another woman)?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 10:12:59 am »
You were never at risk and you can't pass on something you don't have. It's time for you to move along.

Offline MARC30

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 10:27:47 am »
the problem rapidrod, is that I am very concerned about everything that has happened to my girlfriend since I had this encounter. She soon very healthy, all vaginal cytology had gone right. Now a few months ago had swollen lymph nodes, lost enough weight, and to finalize its annual vaginal cytology has exited a cervical dysplasia, and particularly since I had my unfortunate encounter. Rapidrod What worries me is that I have read that cervical dysplasia is very normal in women hiv positive and that does not happen in the hiv negative, you think of this rapidRod?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 12:56:12 pm »
I have read that cervical dysplasia is very normal in women hiv positive and that does not happen in the hiv negative

Wrong thinking... You best contact your doctor and get the correct information.

Offline MARC30

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 01:02:16 pm »
rapidrod then, think you should get a test for my risk?

forgive my continuing questions but you are the experts and I need to stay calm

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 01:09:14 pm »
You were given your accessment. You DID NOT have a risk and no you don't need testing.

Offline MARC30

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 02:01:42 pm »
that should not be browsing the Internet looking info ...., etc. But my doubt is because the other sites insist that the cunnilingus, if it's a risk for transmission of hiv?

Do not get angry if I keep asking, but here in spain, I feel that we are very uninformed, because here we are told by our doctors, that the cunnilingus, if an activity which involves infection.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 03:36:48 pm »
Spain is uninformed? The only one uninformed is you. For your information Spain did and extensive study on oral sex a ten year study to be exact of serodiscordent couples and condoms were used for vaginal an anal sex and not for oral sex. Not one of the negative persons seroconverted in that 10 year study.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 03:38:05 pm »
Marco, you've gotten our responses. They are not going to change. I can promise you that if you continue to look around you are going to find responses elsewhere that will feed your worst fears. They are wrong, but if you go looking you're going to find them.

You need to stop right now with the searching. You need to take some breaths and then get on with your life. If your gf has symptoms she has to go see her doctor. You can't pass HIV to her because you don't have it. Punto!

If you continue to come back here with more of the same you are going to end up getting a Time Out.

Andy Velez

Offline MARC30

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 07:46:56 am »
Hi Ann, Andy, Rod;

Yesterday he did a biopsy on the neck of the uterus to my girlfriend, to confirm the result of the previous grade cervical dysplasia 2.

I try to relax, but I find it. It is possible that if the woman that he practiced cunnilingus, have any injury on the neck of the uterus, increasing the chances that I've come in contact with their fluids that contain HIV?

Ann I would also like to know your opion of my case because you are female, with extensive experience.

Thanks to all my friends, you are the only ones who can share my suffering.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 08:14:12 am »
Marc,

Going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv iinfection. Your girlfriend's cervical problems have nothing to do with hiv.

If you cannot put this behind you, go test, collect your negative result and get it over with. You will not be permitted to use this forum to go on and on about your no-risk stuff. If you've read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guidleline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MARC30

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 09:28:39 am »
Ann, sorry. I have read on the Internet that cervical dysplasia is very conmun in HIV positive women, and my girlfriend last year had his normal vaginal cytology, with no alterations. And now this year it goes wrong, other than in March was ignited nodes of the neck, and I'm afraid that that was the initial phase of the infection.
Simply Ann, can you believe that this quiet that I have not infected in this incident?

I promise it will do no more questions

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 09:37:29 am »
Everyone that has replied to you advised you that you were never at risk. Reread all the replies that have been given to you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 09:54:56 am »
Marc,

The majority of women I know who have had cervical problems were hiv NEGATIVE. Just because positive women also get these problems doesn't by default mean your girlfriend is positive.

As I said, if you cannot put this behind you, go test and collect your negative result. You and your girlfriend should have tested together for ALL STIs BEFORE you stopped using condoms anyway. And by the way, cervical dysplasia is normally caused by HPV, not hiv. HPV is also an STI. Should have used condoms, eh?

Once again, keep posting over this no risk cunnilingus incident and you WILL be given a time out. This is your last warning!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MARC30

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 05:23:05 am »
Hello friends;

3 years ago, I wrote in this forum to tell my risk. Cunnilingus with a prostitute. Six months after that risk, I had a high fever (giving positive test for infectious mononucleosis), my girlfriend your swollen glands in his neck. Later my girlfriend found a grade II dysplasia in the cervix, when revisions to earlier years havi gone well.

Never had the courage to test me, we left with my girlfriend, and in these 3 years I have been unable to have sex with anybody, because I have so much guilt.

Now I have outbreaks of diarrhea, and what looks like fungus on the toenails. I have much fear of being on stage AIDS.

My only risk was that, having cunnilingus with the prostitute, you always deciis is not a risk, but what if the prostitute had infection?, And if I had fluid in her vagina, contain virus?

Excuse my English. I have much fear

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 07:26:35 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 08:32:44 am »
The non-risk facts of the situation have been discussed with you many times.

We aren't going to begin a new cycle of buts and what ifs over this non-risk. Instead of cherishing your unfounded fears, there's a very simple solution for your concern. Get tested and collect the inevitable negative result.

Your "symptoms" have nothing to do with HIV. Your gf should be discussing her situation with her own doctor.

Once again I am going to warn you that if you cotninue to return here about this non-risk you are quickly going to find yourself given a Time Out from this site. Stop all this drama. Man, dragging this around for years instead of doing the sensible thing and getting tested is just...ridiculous. Really. 
Andy Velez

Offline MARC30

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 02:16:32 am »
Sorry to bother again, but I would like to ask you something. The other day I did a blood test and my WBC went down. My doctor did not care, but he does not know that I have no fear of having HIV (for the incident that you already know, cunnilingus). I'm afraid to see that 3 years after the incident my leukocytes are low, because that is symptoms of AIDS?. My cell went perfect, 37% (range is 17-42). And my neutrophils, monocytes, also goeth well.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 08:20:47 am »
A change in your white blood cell count is not something to interpret as an indication of HIV. When there has been a risk, which I hasten to add you haven't had, then the only way of knowing HIV status accurately is with an HIV specific test.

And as I said previously we are not going to begin another cycle with you of buts and what ifs. You have not had a risk for HIV. Period. Get on with your life.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.