Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:28:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 646
Total: 647

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Broken toes caused by hiv?  (Read 3939 times)

Offline HippieLady

Broken toes caused by hiv?
« on: August 18, 2010, 09:19:02 pm »
Well I have to blame it on something and it certainly can't be because I am a complete klutz.   8)

I have two dogs and as annoying as they can be at times I love them dearly.  My female dog is always biting and tugging at my male dog...just like a woman.  My poor boy dog can't get any peace from her.  Today she was biting his neck fur and trying to drag him off.  I was trying to put a stop to it but she was just outta my reach.  So my bright self decided to give her a little kick to the butt to make her stop.  Bad idea!  Two of the toes on my right foot are broken and hurt like hell.  I heard the cracking sound so I'm pretty sure something is broken.

So I guess I learned my lesson and Mr. Big Daddy is on his own from now on.  I'm not stepping in their marital doggie battles any more.
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Broken toes caused by hiv?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 10:06:55 pm »
That's horrible ... my first thought is the dog OK .

I apologise sincerely ... I love dogs . I hope you and your dog heal , kiss and make up . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline LoboDog

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 10:10:45 pm »
I broke my hip last fall at the age of 37... Recent studies show that HIV depletes bone mass and leaves us more susceptible to broken bones. My doc has me on calcium and vitamin D suppliments.

HIV sucks.

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 10:19:44 pm »
That's horrible ... my first thought is the dog OK .

I apologise sincerely ... I love dogs . I hope you and your dog heal , kiss and make up . 

She's ok...I barely got her rump with my barefoot. I got her enough to break my toes but not enough to make her let go of the other one.
~Katie~

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 10:33:44 pm »
I have a 65 pound English bulldog named Zita that looks like she eats dogs for dinner but she is all sweet and laid back . My friends little dog daisy torments her by biting her ears a face wrinkles and Zita just takes it in stride but truly hates it .

I have to some time encourage her to defend herself by saying " get her girl ... show Daisy who's the boss "  Some times she will get enough and swat daisy with her big paw but most times she goes to a corner and puts her head in it until Daisy loses interest . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 10:52:02 pm »
Both of my dogs are Pit Bull mixes.  Lucy, our girl, is mixed with beagle I think.  She has that beagle face, ears and coloring.  Marley is our big daddy and I have no clue what his mix is but he is just a beautiful dog with his brindle coloring.  He tolerates her fine but sometimes he whines when she's biting at him.  They do like to play very rough with each other.

They are play fighting with each other right now as I type this.
~Katie~

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 11:11:48 pm »
I love dogs but one is enough for me , she is snoring so loud in the next room I can hear it over the TV in my office .

I have been thinking no more dogs after this one . I would hate to get sick and not be able to see it through with giving my doggy the best life .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 11:51:25 pm »
I hope you feel better.  I know how bad it hurts just to stub your toe on the coffee table.  My dogs always get under my feet.  Or, they will be sleeping and I'll try to step over them.  Of course, they wake up right then and cause me to trip. 

Granny60

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 12:12:38 am »
Damn. That hurts. :o Dropped a frozen roast on my foot one time and broke toes. I hope you feel better soon.  What is it about kicking the animules that does this. Hubby Kicked at a heifer that kicked at him one time with steel toed boots on. The steel cap  raked all the hide off the top of his foot when he connected.  I think the heifer laughed.  The critters win.  ::) Just isn't any justice I tell ya.   :'(

Granny60

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 12:18:07 am »
You should have had Weasel bring you some more dogs and maybe a cat or two or four to keep them occupied when he came to Vay Guess. I am sure he could have got them in his carry on. ::) All their critters  have sprung some new ones!

Offline weasel

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 05:57:10 am »
Hi Hippie lady  :) ,
                              That is awful  you broke your foot on a soft doggy's rump  ???
         I hope is gets well soon .  I tend to trip over the kitty , i think it is kitty fun  :-\

Oh Granny Dear ! ,
                             My husband Bob has informed me   " The Kitty Factory has been shut down "  , 
                  I believe all    Dog  sex has been  rendered useless    :o
            You may come pick out a few for your own enjoyment thou before they go to the
            Distribution center .

Carl /  weasel   :-*
" Live and let Live "

Granny60

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 11:34:58 pm »
You are so sweet Wease!  Is it safe to visit with all that neutering going on?  :o I hope you don't tell the snow white kitten or it will hole up  in the woods under a stump with a skunk. Say HI to Bob! :) Glad ass and Kitty will never let you leave home again!

Offline weasel

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 09:55:21 pm »
You are so sweet Wease!  Is it safe to visit with all that neutering going on?  :o I hope you don't tell the snow white kitten or it will hole up  in the woods under a stump with a skunk. Say HI to Bob! :) Glad ass and Kitty will never let you leave home again!

Granny , After this   cold rainy , windy  HORRID  trip to  Cape cod I may never  leave  Bob alone ever again !
Today the Doggies brought home a chicken ! 
Tomarrow they are all going to Saint Louis !
I am sad but the neighbors will shoot them    if we do not remove them    :'(
Hope all is well  in  Tulip town  :)

Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline alliance

• hmmmm. . .
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 10:04:15 pm »
Hippy Lady, I already told you ---  you    kick     ass!
I hope your pain is gone soon and nothing serious has been broken. That's gotta hurt like hell. Let us know how your toesies are doing when you know something, OK?
"The influence of each human being on others in this life is a kind of immortality."
10/10/12   CD4=378  %=32   VL=UD
5/10/12     CD4=426  %=32  VL=UD
11/15/11   CD4=296  %=29  VL=UD(20)
6/15/11     CD4=345  %=29  VL=UD(38)
3/15/11     CD4=317  %=31  VL=UD
12/1/10     CD4=315  %=28  VL=UD
8/11/10     CD4=250  %=25  VL=UD
6/10/10     CD4=380  %=24  VL=UD
3/4/10       CD4=340  %=22   VL=UD
1/11/10     CD4=312  %=22   VL =130
11/30/09   CD4=228  %=19  VL=1726
11/20/09    started atripla
10/15/09   CD4=281  %=18   VL=85,000

Granny60

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 10:15:51 pm »
You said the you and Bob were thinking about chickens and building a chicken house. Little Doggy was just trying to give you a head start!  ;D We are still saving egg cartons.  We miss the little birdies.

Granny60

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 10:49:16 pm »
Wease,  C. says to have flopp ears bring home a fat hen before everyone goes to the distribution center. She wants to make another pot of chicken and  dumplings.  ;D A skinny rooster will not do. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.