Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:16:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 237
Total: 238

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: just did it  (Read 30195 times)

Offline notnow

• Standard
just did it
« on: May 23, 2007, 07:41:16 pm »
well lets see where do i start this story. last test was jan 06, neg, i have had 3 partners this last year me being bottom, used condoms, no one ejaculated in me, sucked them for short period but mouth is in pretty good shape, one of the partners i started putting the condom on wrong and than flipped it over, and we proceeded, i know stupid i shoulld of just ran up and got another condom, about 10 days later had a fever and watery diarhhrea all nite and the next nite it was gone, now all 3 tell me they are neg but you know some people will lie. i was doing okay until last week i had a acute pancreatitis attack , second in 4 years, i was a moderat drinker and got the first attack and gave it up, well recently i been having one or two glasses of wine, one week two weeks ago had 3 glasses one nite ,beer two nites later and a glass of wine 3 nites later in one week had more ligquor than i had alll four years, well had another attack, they put me on flaggly and cipro i v as a proplylactic for 5 days, and gave me talblets for the next 3 days, my mouth was also dry as the desert since you cant eat or drink for a few days, didnt brush the teeth either as i couldnt get out of bed, finally got home and the next day saw two spots that had no pappilla on it and they burned, the next day they got bigger, cqlled my primary and he told me that i most likely got a fungus from the antibiotics, gave me nystatin and its almost all gone, just had my cbc and chem work today and everything was perfect except for glucose, i read about erythematous candidiasis and how it effects hiv infectied individuals , i am petrified to take this test, i know the outcome is not going to change but i been under so much stess this year i think this would send me over the edge/ some words of encouragement would be appreciated. i know you all must get sick of hearing these stories, before i took my other test i came on this board and people like ramrod and ann were very helpful. thank you in advance

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: just did it
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:05:26 pm »
Not,

If I'm reading this correctly, the chap you were with tried to put the condom on backwards and having worked out that it wouldn't go on that way simply turned it around, put it on properly and then proceeded to fuck you. Is that right?

If it is, then you have nothing to be afeared of. You've used condoms for anal sex and thus have not placed yourself at risk of HIV infection. As for the oral sex, well that's nothing to be worried about either.

All sexually active people should be having a full STD screen (which includes an HIV antibody test) once a year. Twice is better. Given that you last tested in January I'm presuming that you have your sexual health checked out on a regular basis. Nevertheless if it's been a while since you where lasted screened for STDs other than HIV or if you've never been screened before, you might consider having that done. I'm not saying that you need to as a result of these sexual encounters, but it's a good habit to get into.

Also you should take the time to read our Welcome Thread which contains links to our lessons on HIV testing and transmission as well as our posting guidelines.

Speaking of our guidelines, you shouldn't be posting the poz only forums like I Just Tested Poz, as you did here. You should only post in your own thread here in Am I Infected.

Regards,

MtD

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 08:17:58 pm »
i am sorry , i thought i did post this in am i infected, if the moderator could please move it , i would appreciate that

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 08:21:51 pm »
No Not,

You have posted this thread in the correct forum. I'm referring to this post which you made in StPeteCoyote's thread in the I Just Tested Poz forum.

The red underlined text I've used is a link to that other thread.

MtD

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 08:28:12 pm »
sorry i guess i got carried away , use to do alot of volunteer work with hiv org and since we live in the same area wanted to tell him about the dr. it won t happen again but thanks for pointing it out to me.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 06:27:38 am »
Not,

I totally agree with Matty - you haven't had a risk. However, regular, routine sexual health care check ups are something any sexually active adult should be doing.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

And make sure you read through the Posting Guidelines found in the Welcome Thread Matty linked you to. Do NOT post in any forum other than this one. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 09:32:45 am »
Thanks Ann for the advice , as far as any other sexually transmitted disease i am clear, had a work up this early spring but didnt repeat the hiv test,(first i thought i was playing safe and no reason for it, second this test which i have done at least ten times in my life scares the hell out of me) i just have to work up the courage to do it. And no i wont post anyplace else , just thought i was helping a neighbor about the info on a dr. but will never happen again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 09:57:51 am »
Not, you don't have to wait until you feel brave to get tested. Living with the anxiety is a terrible way to spend your time. Go in and get tested.

Given what you have reported a negative result is inevitable. You're torturing yourself without any basis in HIV science. Really.

Good luck with your test and keep us posted.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 09:37:17 pm »
Thanks Andy for the kick in the pants(lol) . Like the last time i put myself through this it took a about 2 weeks and i just did it, i think that is what i did for my self today i put a 2 week time limit, if i go before all well and good but no longer than 2 weeks, also i have availible a 20 min test at the aids center here. i know i am basising my fears on nothing scientific, oral has never been very long and of course no ejaculation, and always for the past 25 years have used condoms, never did without. so i know i should be neg, that one person where the condom was flipped over does bug me, it was only on him 5 seconds before i flipped it over and rolled it down and than put lube on it. i know it just a touch of ocd kicking in, too many bad things have happened this year already.thanks for listening.
love and peace

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 11:18:32 pm »
OK, you have a plan. Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 01:02:58 pm »
Hi, still have a little candidiasis from my hospital stay with i.v. flaggy and cipro going in me and not eating or drinking for 5 days,so mouth was very dry. still freaking and associating this with hiv , have appt for the test. my exposure according to some people who have responded(read first note) was non existant. my last neg test was jan of 06 ,also the day the week i left the hospital the pancreatitis i guess threw my chemistry all over the place after a week out everything in the blood is perfectly normal, my question is i know cipro and flaggyl together cause a syngertic(dont know how to spell) effect and being that my ca, alb , total protein took a nose diive and my mouth was dry as saw dust, is this enough for candidiasis to happen even in hiv infected, also after 9 days there is still alittle bald patch (erythematous candidisias. thank you for any help you can bring me

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 04:32:15 pm »
Not,

People who don't have HIV get candida infections all the time. Often it's a result of taking heavy duty antibiotics, but there are a whole range of reasons that people get struck with candida. It's not restricted to HIV positive people.

Once again let me reassure you that what you describe presents no risk for HIV infection. Whatever is wrong with you the cause of it is not HIV.

MtD

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 04:51:02 pm »
thanks for the words of encouragement,like i said cipro and flaggyl together cause an extremely strong antibiotic so i am thinking with having xerstomia from the demoral and nausea med and than the two antibiotic and also not being able to brush my teeth or drink and water caused the environment to happen. still for mental well being will keep my appt. for the test and thanks again

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 05:47:38 pm »
Hi, sorry for starting the new thread but I just wanted to thank everyone for the encouragement to go and take the test and you were all right it was neg. thanks to matty ,stpetecoyote, andy and ann.
love and peace
mikael

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 06:00:09 pm »
not,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

No surprise on your test result - keep using condoms for intercourse and you will protect your hiv negative status.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 08:49:34 pm »
Okay I may be dim but i need to ask this question, the oral advance saliva test says its sentivity of 99.9 with a specifity of 99.8. okay so i thougth that would meant they would get .7 percent false neg. Than i read on the net that sensitivity means the percentage of people the test would pick up as truly positive  and that the specifty is the pecentage of negatives from a group of negative people. would some one explain this to me. thanks.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 08:57:34 pm »
No. You need to stay in your own thread. You've been told this before so I fail to understand why you've started this new one.

If you can't find your original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Your questions will not be answered until you return to your orignal thread.

MtD

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 09:48:06 pm »
Okay I may be dim but i need to ask this question, the oral advance saliva test says its sentivity of 99.9 with a specifity of 99.8. okay so i thougth that would meant they would get .7 percent false neg. Than i read on the net that sensitivity means the percentage of people the test would pick up as truly positive  and that the specifty is the pecentage of negatives from a group of negative people. would some one explain this to me. thanks.

Offline icereich

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 10:12:18 pm »
Sensitivity is the ability to pick up a positive person. In other words, a test with high sensitivity will be one that will pick up more positives than one with low sensitivity. High sensitivity like ELISA for HIV will sometimes result in false positives, which is why it's important for any medical test to also have good specificity.

That being said, specificity is the ability to define a negative person. In other words, a test with high specificity will be one that will identify those who are negative more than one with low specificity. Tests with high specificity will sometimes have false negatives.

Therefore the HIV tests out there have both high sensitivity and specificity, resulting in probably one of the most accurate tests available.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 10:22:36 pm »
Ice,

What is up with you guys this week? Have you all been taking silly pills? If you'd read the Welcome Thread like you've been asked to do you'd know that you're not permitted to post in any thread other than your own.

What's more you certainly aren't permitted to give advice to other people here. You're in absolutely no position to be answering questions in this forum. Stop worrying about other peoples' business and stay in your own damn thread.

You've been reported to the Moderators.

Ya dig?

Mikael (NotNow),

Thank you for returning to your own thread.

Please ignore the advice given to you by Icereich. He/she doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

The numbers you're quoting about the oral advance test mean nothing. The test is approved for HIV diagnosis and as such is more than sufficient to give you a reliable result at the close of the 13 week window period. Since you didn't have a risk your result will be reliable no matter when you take the darn thing.

You don't have HIV.

MtD

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 10:54:05 pm »
Matty, i realize I dont have hiv, still have the damn acute atropic tongue going on but dr never gave me directions about the nystatin and it was still there after 2 week now i am on diflucan which i hate but i digress. the reason for the post was purely intellectuall , when I was reading it i was sure I know what it meant but i started volunteering at a hiv clinic and i asked them about what i found surfing on the net, they confused me more, i am blonde but not natural,lol. So I wanted to have it explained to me on this board to get correct meaning of sensitive and specifity.i thought sensitive was the factor of not picking hiv up, the specifity was specific for hiv, and i posted already what they said and some sites say, it was just a question, didnt want to start a war. lol.
peace and love

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 11:07:51 pm »
Stop starting new threads. Keep your comments and questions in this thread. I've merged it with your previous one. But you already knew that. Breaking that rule again can end up getting you timed out. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 11:15:04 pm »
i corrected my mistake and asked to delete the other msg, it was a simple mistake, as i said i thought since this was a new topic that had nothing to do with my original thread that it was okay, so please try having some compassion to someone who is fairly new to these things.you have posted over 3000 i think mine comes to about 13 .   have a nice day!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:18:55 pm by notnow »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 12:04:34 am »
Matty, i realize I dont have hiv, still have the damn acute atropic tongue going on but dr never gave me directions about the nystatin and it was still there after 2 week now i am on diflucan which i hate but i digress.

Thank you Mikael. You acknowledge that you don't have HIV and thus your time with us should be at an end.

We cannot help you with your other medical problems. Keep working with your doctor to determine what is making you ill.

It's time you moved on.

MtD

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 08:36:37 am »
what is your problem, the question has to do with hiv, it just doesnt pertain to me. I have not posted anything after i got my neg test questioning my results . I was curious about this question and i thought someone here would know the answer. be well
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 04:30:03 pm by notnow »

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2007, 10:56:32 am »
Let me just apologize first off for lashing out ,when all you were trying to do was help me. i admit i am still worried about that stupid test. trying to figure the numbers of accuracy out . i  tried difflucan for 2 weeks on the erythematous candidiiasis and the last two days it was completely went away, the last day of treatment it showed up again, than 4 days later i came down with shingles which took them a week to diagnose, i am a nervous wreck, figuring that is putting my immune system in the toilet. dont know what to think about hiv, been a terrible year, lost a parent, pancreatitis and this scare of hiv, been seeing a counselor, just dont know what to do anymore, the put me on lozenges chozimazale (something like that). and valtrex for the shingles. i know i am pathetic.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2007, 11:02:09 am »
None of this has anything to do with HIV and yes this is an HIV website.

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2007, 11:15:49 am »
i know but my fear is hiv, and the risk i had, i guess i just see my immune system being really shitty and associated with hiv, I dont mean to be a pain . i will try to deal with this, thanks for your quick response.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2007, 11:29:29 am »
Feelings aren't facts and there's nothing about your situation which points to HIV except in your mind. There's no basis for it in HIV science.

Along with continuing to have your physical concerns monitored by a doctor and not just your mind, I urge you to see a therapist or other similar professional. And I don't mean a quick patch me up visit. Put some time in getting support with the emotional aspects of what's going on. Shingles are often associated with periods of stress so it's no surprise those have turned up about losing a parent and whatever else has been going on.

We can't resolve these issues for you here no matter how much your mind is mistakenly connecting your symptoms with HIV.

Good luck with getting this sorted out in the proper settings.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2007, 12:01:16 pm »
thank you andy for your support and advice, i have started seeing a therapist (not sure i will keep this one) a little to bubbly for me. I know rationally that nothing is based on facts, the situation i told and the dates are exactly what happen. will try not to bother  you and the other members as you have been more than kind and patient with me. think i can deal with the shingles more than the erythematous candidiasis on my tongue that puts me over. by the way like your outfit in the pic.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 08:55:21 am »
FYI, a good way to check out if a therapist is or isn't the right one to work with for you is to tell him/her what you don't like about them. How you both handle that can signal whether this is someone who's right for you. And if they aren't, then it lays the groundwork for your finding someone better.

Just make sure your physical issues are being addressed by a doctor as well.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2007, 09:56:53 am »
Andy that actually is  a great idea about the therapist. I dont understand the physical issues and I guess that is what has me stuck. I did the hiv test, accuracy seems to be just as good as any of them, i was outside the window period, people tell me on here my risk was non exixtant, (although there could of been precum on it from flipping it over)if it was just condom put on right i would have no fear. than to have refractory fungus after major antibiotics in the hospital, than stressed out and shingles, gets to be to much . thanks for listening.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2007, 10:18:30 am »
"...although there could of been precum on it from flipping it over..."

And clearly you are still reluctant to let go of HIV as an issue. No basis in science of course. Even as you plant a seed of a doubt about the test as well.

Whatever.

Except you're HIV negative so all of that chatter from your mind is totally, TOTALLY irrelevant.

Andy Velez

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2007, 11:53:54 am »
thank you sweet andy. tomorrow is my appt with my shrink and the afternoon will search for a new therapist . tues is the reg dr. appt and maybe he could put some of these fears to rest. i want to believe in the science , more than anything.

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 03:15:22 pm »
Hi everyone, finallly learned the rules and stuck to my own thread, the reason i am posting is to say goodbye(and good ridden,i know matty)lol. i finally conquered my ocd fear and took the test again, this time blood. its been over 6 months so by any country's rules I am neg,  i want to thank all of you for being patient and I am seeing a counselor for the ocd. Goodbye unless i do something stupid(i wont I promise) and sending good thoughts your way. Michael

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 08:49:16 pm »
its been over 6 months so by any country's rules I am neg,

For other WW's who might read this, you should note that this 6 month test was entirely unnecessary because:

• Notnow was never at risk of being infected with HIV -- he had protected sex;
  • The window period is 3 months not 6.

MtD

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 03:31:54 pm »
Matty the statement of 6 months in any country was eluding to all the post on here from different countries about window period, e.g. someone from the middle east was told 12 months, in this country mass. says 6 weeks, some states say 6 months, thank god the cdc now says 3 months, so it was not to state anything other than a pronoucement of being negative. most likely a bad choice of words on my part. as far as risk goes, if the condom is put on backwards and flippped over and someone has pre cum on their penis than the condom is contaminated and if used has a potential risk. maybe i dont understand the science of hiv transmission but it seems that would make sense. If i am please feel free of correcting me.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 03:51:15 pm »
maybe i dont understand the science of hiv transmission

seems that way, so i will try to break it down for you.  you have read the lessons section, yes?  gosh, some of the scenarios on here are a bit convoluted, so it gets hard to create a brief way of explaining it.  the attempted short version:

1.  we'd have to be talking a whole lot of pre-cum to have a significant amount of virus in it

2.  this is based also on the assumption that the other partner is in fact HIV+

3.  the exposure to air from the time the rubber was rolled around rightly to the time he stuck it in would deactivate the virus.

HIV is a difficult to transmit virus that pretty much has to be passed within the body.  The only exception to this would be sharing of needles.  In which case, the small amount of blood in the needle would be protected from air exposure for the extremely brief period of being transferred from one arm (or wherever else they might be sticking it) to the next.

that help?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 04:27:23 pm »
thanks thunder that was simple for even me to understand,i dont think he was gushing pre cum but there was a little. i only took the two test to shove my ocd away and to help treat it, my therapist told me i am not allowed to take anothe hiv test unless i do something stupid. thanks for the explanation.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 04:33:44 pm »
smart therapist.

glad that helped.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 05:21:59 pm »
I wonder why the people at testing sites scare the shit out of you, mine told me there is more virus in pre cum , oral was high risk , everyhting to make you think you just something so awful. yes the therapist is good and andy on line here gave me a good tip on finding one and interviewing one

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 04:30:27 pm »
Okay, not one to beat a dead horse, but need some clarification from peope who are saner than I. i went about 3 half weeks without the bare spots on my tongue, and than lo and behold the spots have returned , same exact spot on the tongue too, and burns when i eat. started nystatin because the v a gives you the economy size, and my obsessive thoughts run to hiv, that maybe two rapid test were wrong, my cbc is normal but wbc and lymps are low normal. now i have pink eye, please tell me i am worrying about nothing, i had been back to my old self when it finally got healed(tongue) and than back to this shit. help!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 04:59:57 pm »
You seem to be unwilling to accept the fact that you are HIV negative and no matter what symptoms you are having they have NOTHING to do with HIV.

You're convincing me that maybe you need to see a counselor or other mental health specialist to discuss your situation. Whatever is causing your symptoms has nothing to do with HIV. Discuss them with your doctor if they persist. As for the obsessive nature of your concern, I would say you need to get some help with that from a professional.

We cannot provide that service here.
Andy Velez

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 05:28:45 pm »
andy I am seeing a counselor and i know it sounds ridiculous but do have a form of thrush disappear than return 3 weeks later, from everything on the web all points to hiv, the feeling is not nice when it appears, i dont enjoy coming here , pls believe that.i just getting so freak out about the thrush, its been two weeks since it came back and took the nystatin and now its gone, is there anything , anyone could suggest to keep this gone away, i think if i could do that i wouldnt obsess so much, the 3 and half weeks thrush free i was such a different person. please dont just discard my thoughts and fears.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 08:46:44 pm »
Symptoms or lack of is not an indication of HIV. Anyone can get thrush at anytime. The only way to know that you have thrush is to be diagnosed by a doctor.

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2007, 10:18:13 pm »
Rapid that is the problem, they do see the bald patches and i tell them it burns, they look at me like so.......... i mention this has been since my hospitilzation i was on heavy duty antibiotics , for only 5 days, but i spent most of the summer using nystatin, diflucan and cholzimate(however you spell it, than it went away for 3 half weeks, got bright idea, that i was going to rinse my mouth out with 50/50 peroxide and water, and gargle for one min and spit out but no rinsing afterwards, now someone told me that upsets the flora in your mouth since peroxide is a disinfectant, just stressed about not being able to pinpoint this down, i have read where the rapid test can produce false neg but two of them after the window period. sorry for sounding like a demented man but you usually do know when something is just not quite right. and the 24 hr bug i had ten days after the fatal condom upside down ordeal has worked on my last nerve

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2007, 11:03:15 pm »
OK, so matter what you pour on about the thrush issue, it is absolutely not an HIV-specific occurrence. Go see a different doctor if you can't get the issue handled satisfactorily if you need to do that.

No matter what your head continues to say to the contrary this is NOT an HIV situation.

Keep working with that therapist/counselor.

Andy Velez

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 10:40:47 pm »
i know i am a pain in the butt here, and people think i am major ocd(i am) but could someone explain to me how you can tell someone at 13 weeks, that their negative test is conclusive when sensitivities of these test are 99.3 for oral hiv test and 99.6 for fingerstick test, both oraquick rapids. i know the test is looking for gp41 but even the fda says that a few will not register positive that are. i appreciat e you all putting up with me . thank you in advance for any replies. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2007, 03:35:19 am »
Not,

You do not have hiv. Keep working with your therapist - we cannot help you with your anxieties here.

Keep posting about this and you'll be given a time out. If you don't know what this means, read the Welcome thread like you're supposed to. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline notnow

• Standard
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2007, 04:35:16 pm »
okay so please dont get mad at me but my ocd is running rampant, went to the dr and asked for an elisa test am now waiting for the results. when i took my fingerstick test mid aug and turned out neg, i was on valtrex two weeks before that , now i noticed that valtrex accoring to aidsmed article can lower by one third your viral load, would that of interfered with the fingeerstick test. i know haart does/ just scared right now.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.