Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:07:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 642
Total: 643

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Radio labeled antibodies are now making their way into hiv treatment  (Read 5596 times)

Offline ZCorker

If all else fails and all of your drugs stop working, there is a slight possibility that radio-labeled antibodies can still kill the virus. http://medicine.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371%2Fjournal.pmed.0030427&ct=1

I personally am close to having full resistance -- including drugs that I have never taken and have contacted the researcher Dr. Eketerina Dadachova about this trial.  She advises me that they are still working on the research and should have a better idea after the first of the year as to when patients will be enrolled in the study.  I can't take 3TC or FTC due to past neurological damage from DDI, D4T
and I am resistant to Abacavir and Viread.  I have been on Viread for the past 4.9 years.

Offline powerpuff

Re: Radio labeled antibodies are now making their way into hiv treatment
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 04:24:24 pm »
intereesting, now on to human trials?? souds a bit risky? drop in platlets?

Offline messer

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 11:02:00 am »
Great post.   I noted the part at the very end of the linked article where it mentioned "eradication of HIV infection".    When they find something like this, I wish they could rush it along a bit faster.   I, for one, would be happy to participate in this trial. 

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 11:11:37 am »
I noted the part at the very end of the linked article where it mentioned "eradication of HIV infection". 

I noticed the word "radioactive".  Maybe I missed something, but this treatment method read as being really severe, no?  As in like cancer chemotherapy- bring you within an inch of your life to try to treat you.  Maybe I misread- it's possible.  A lot of these peer reviewed scientificy papers get hard for me to read and follow because they get very wordy.  I'm no doctor, so my eyes glaze over after awhile.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline bimazek

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 07:22:19 pm »
This could be a huge huge thing for two reasons.  One for treatment, in advanced cases, and two for looking at where the hiv is most active to actullly see the parts of the body that it is reproducing in... for example would the intestines light up on the "x-ray" would the bone marrow, this will give science great insights why where the bug is most active in different people at different times

Offline hahaha

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 02:58:36 am »
radio labeled treatment has long been treated to Kidney cancer patient.  It does have harm to human body due to the reason that there are many particles in your blood; and therefore whether such radio-combine gp 120 "bomber" antibody and smoothly deliver to infected CD-4.  (Although bi has a very short life cycle.)

The target is also an issue, some "hinder" target may not be found by the "missle". 

Nevertheless, I still hope they will start the clinical trial in humane being, with a hope for at least reduce the existing expressing CD-4.  especially for those in intestine (Scientist proof that it is the biggest reservior in the body now).  Once the exsiting reservior can be partially destroy, a preventive vaccine may start to work on us if no antigen is found. 
Aug 9, 2006 Get infected in Japan #$%^*
Oct 2006 CD4 239
Nov 2006 CD4 299 VL 60,000
Dec 1, Sustiva, Ziagan and 3TC
Jan 07, CD4 400

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.