Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:56:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 223
Total: 225

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My no risk situation ended in a catastrophe  (Read 32833 times)

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
My no risk situation ended in a catastrophe
« on: July 31, 2013, 05:57:40 am »
Hi,
     I am writing this with a lot of stress and extremes of emotions. I tested poz yesterday in Elisa confirmed by a Western blot test. And yesterday was the day when I realized how deep I love my wife. At the first experience I realized that hiv is character building. I told my wife about my status and she accepted and very supportive but deep inside she should have been hurt very badly which she tries not to be displayed to me.
        I am 30 and married. I never have cheated on my wife until this June 23rd when I had an encounter with a prostitute. However I am not the kind of person who goes for prostitutes but a 5 minute of attraction gave me a 50 years of further life with hiv. Here is my story and I believe this should be useful to all those in making a choice between minutes of sexual enjoyment or years of hiv free life.
         On 22nd June, I was on my way back home as I went to my friend's house. I saw a few prostitutes on the roadside. I generally don't give attention to these but I don't know what went wrong inside me that I got too attracted to one of those prostitutes that had a very sexy bubble butt. I thought of picking her up but there came the thought of hiv, I dropped it and I headed straight to home.
      After reaching home, I googled to see sexual practices that doesn't result in hiv transmission. I got to see that non penetrative sex is safe and doesn't have any documented cases of hiv transmission. I somehow wanted to enjoy that prostitute. I made out a plan, a sex plan. The below are the key points of my plan,
     * Wear a condom
     * Don't penetrate either anal or vagina or oral
     * Decide on a position where there is the least possibility of contact with sexual fluids. Make the lady to lay on her stomach and me on top of her buttocks and hence jet vaginal fluid would run down on the bed than to climb up to her butt crack to reach me.
      * Check her butt crack for any blood, sores or any other  fluids.

I was eagerly waiting for June 23rd night, on my way back home from office I visited that prostitute area. I found that same girl. Picked her up. Got in a room. Undressed each other. I followed my plan precisely. She was on the bed with her stomach and I sat on her butt. I spread her butt cheeks to check for blood or any infection. She had a clean butt crack. I placed my protected penis between her butt crack moved back and forth. The condom broke but anyways my penis is outside of anus or vagina. I changed the condom and then continued. I came in 5 minutes. In this I never penetrated her. I quickly headed to the bathroom room to wash my genitals. That's it I am done.
       1 week post this event I got some 4 small red spots that were not raised and didn't itch on my forehand. I freaked out. I tested for hiv and syphilis at 15 day mark and it came back negative. By 20 days I developed fever, headache,  sore throat, mild cough and swollen lymph nodes at neck. This passed away in 3 days.
        By 30 days mark, I gave my blood sample for Elisa test. Yesterday I got a call from that clinic requesting me for a visit. I got a positive from the doctor. That time the word positive I hated the most. I was rocked emotionally. I had informed my wife and she was very supportive. I had put my life and my wife's life in hell. She was dreaming about having a baby but that is never going to be possible. I am not going to inform my parents. I thought of suicide yesterday but then decided to live for my wife and my parents. Thinking about further coming life it is going to be like a machine with pills to run my years.
        I work for Google and my work predominantly is software research. When given a point my mind starts making a lot of evaluations. It's been about 4 months since I had sex with my wife as she was away for work for a couple of months. She tested negative for hiv along with me and moreover I trust her. So no chance that I got it from my wife. My only other encounter out of my marriage in the last one year was this June 23rd event with this prostitute. So I got it from her. Moreover I tested negative by around July first week. Having said that I have the following concerns as I based out my actions based on the information over the Internet, (Sorry if I sound offensive)
      * Will my case of hiv transmission documented by CDC?
      * Should I reach out to CDC to get my case documented or they will reach out to all the hiv cases to document the route of transmission?
      * As sex involves multiple acts, how can one attribute the reason for transmission to one particular act of penetrative sex?
      * Over the past 30 years of hiv, the sexual risk factors have varied by time. Initially it was thought to be only for  homos and not for heteros. Then hetero was brought in the risk category as well. Oral sex was not considered risk.  Now oral sex is brought in with low risk. Likewise non-penetrative sex was considered no risk but it turned out to be otherwise in my case now. The changes in the risk factors by time is due to the evolution in our understanding of hiv or evolution in the strain of hiv?
       * Because I got infected in a no risk scenario should this be a rare and strong strain of hiv that would progress to aids in a few days and send me down to grave?

I am very sorry if I am offensive to anyone but can't stop thinking. I feel more responsible now that I have some new experience to spread hiv awareness.
      I won't let this kill me. My wife had gone crazy last night that she tried infecting herself by injecting herself after pricking a needle on her. She wants to under go the pain along with me. Hiv made me a different person and I am beginning to love everything and appreciate every moment of my life.
       I have my doctors appointment in 2 weeks. I will keep you posted on how I do.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: My no risk situation ended in a catastrophe
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 08:20:01 am »
Hi Lonely , You were told yesterday to only post in your AM I INFECTED thread by Ann and got a thoughtful response from JK that you ignored , we have decided to leave your thread here for now  . I 100 % agree with JK and have quoted him below for clarity . Please read what he told you and respond to his time line questions regarding your HIV testing . 

Quote from JK  .
There is absolutely, categorically NO WAY you  tested positive over frottage, with or without a condom.

Moreover, your first post here was July 16th, where you stated that this NO RISK situation happened three weeks prior. Which places the incident at June 25th, more or less. Hardly even time for a six week test, let alone a three month test (or six week test with confirmation Western Blot).

I will extend the courtesy of inquiring whether this was a false positive/indeterminate, in which case it would be necessary to take another blood test.

Regardless, neither you nor anyone else got HIV from rubbing your penis, covered in a condom or not, against the butt-crack of a prostitute, with anal fluids (?) coming into contact with your body.

That is simply not how HIV works. And despite your assertione here, the transmission vectors of HIV are very, very well understood.

I also see that this was your fourth post. Mildly intersting, that.

End Quote

I must be honest , your story is suspect at best . The science behind HIV transmission and timeline for HIV testing is very well understood and is pertinent in your case , nothing new or unseal has occurred here .

Your story doesn't add up , not even a little bit . Do not post outside of this thread again until this situation is addressed . If you post outside this thread you will be given a time out . This is your final warning .     

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:27:21 am by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 09:12:32 am »
My apologies for what happened. I didn't find a reply button in am I infected forum. Seems like I have to buy a subscription. But still i assure you that I entered the Just tested positive forum because of a confirmatory Western blot test. My life is kind of ruined now. I am rushing over the Internet for serodiscordant couple relationships. As i can't always talk to my wife on this topic,  this forum is my only hope. I love you all. Your confidence that my results are false positive is igniting a hope!! But my doctor said that Western blot confirmation is final. Let me go for a new test. Will I be allowed to post to update on my second test results? Can I be part of this form if I tested positive again?

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 05:26:43 am »
Hi,
      My doctor started me on meds. Prescribed me a tablet called Atripla. Today is my first day on meds. I gave my blood sample for a retest for hiv. But the doctor said that I already have a Western blot confirmation and retest is completely not necessary. I insisted for a retest based on the opinion from Jk, Jeff and Ann. The doctor agreed to do one more hiv test for my satisfaction.
          Guys, I feel a lot alone recently. My wife is very supportive but I don't want her to waste her life in living a life with me as I believe she can be happier with someone else who is hiv negative where she can have kids and no worries for hiv during every day activities.
          Is it possible for me to have kids with my wife with she and the kid remaining as hiv negative? The side effects for this pill Atripla is scaring me everyday. Every single change in my body gets to think about hiv. Will this be like this forever?
          I do not have any hopes for the results of my retest. I have already made up my mind to live with hiv. But the thing is I feel confident about the future at a few occasions and after sometime I feel like to die. Has anyone felt this way? This kind of feeling persists forever?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 11:49:39 am »
Hey Loser1988,

I had to read your post multiple times to make sure I understand what you claim and on that claim, I call bullshit.  You can't get HIV from a no-risk situation and that's why we call them "no-risk".  Assuming you are poz, which I also doubt, you did not get HIV from this one incident, so there must be things you are not telling us.  Believe me when I tell you that our moderators have extensive scientific knowledge concerning HIV, as do most of our members.

If you expect to be a member of this forum, you must begin by being honest with yourself as to the source of your infection.  You did not get HIV from frottage!  You got HIV from a known method of transmission and until you admit that fact, nobody here will take you seriously, nor will we allow you to suggest that you can become infected with HIV through frottage.

Joe

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 11:55:50 am »
Hey Loser1988,

If you expect to be a member of this forum, you must begin by being honest with yourself as to the source of your infection.  You did not get HIV from frottage!  You got HIV from a known method of transmission and until you admit that fact, nobody here will take you seriously, nor will we allow you to suggest that you can become infected with HIV through frottage.

Joe

Thanks Joe , very well said . I just want to echo what Joe said , you did not get HIV in the manner in which you claim , its impossible .

You need to do the right thing and search your mind and soul and come clean about how you become infected or admit that you are not . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 02:42:47 pm »
My wife had gone crazy last night that she tried infecting herself by injecting herself after pricking a needle on her. She wants to under go the pain along with me. Hiv made me a different person and I am beginning to love everything and appreciate every moment of my life.
       I have my doctors appointment in 2 weeks. I will keep you posted on how I do.

Was it a sewing needle?
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 04:14:25 pm »
Hi,
      My doctor started me on meds. Prescribed me a tablet called Atripla. Today is my first day on meds. I gave my blood sample for a retest for hiv. But the doctor said that I already have a Western blot confirmation and retest is completely not necessary. I insisted for a retest based on the opinion from Jk, Jeff and Ann. The doctor agreed to do one more hiv test for my satisfaction.
          Guys, I feel a lot alone recently. My wife is very supportive but I don't want her to waste her life in living a life with me as I believe she can be happier with someone else who is hiv negative where she can have kids and no worries for hiv during every day activities.
          Is it possible for me to have kids with my wife with she and the kid remaining as hiv negative? The side effects for this pill Atripla is scaring me everyday. Every single change in my body gets to think about hiv. Will this be like this forever?
          I do not have any hopes for the results of my retest. I have already made up my mind to live with hiv. But the thing is I feel confident about the future at a few occasions and after sometime I feel like to die. Has anyone felt this way? This kind of feeling persists forever?

I am sorry you got HV.
Well, eventually you'll see, you'll be fine.
You need to educate yourself about HIV. Your wife, too.
You also need to do some mental or emotional work on yourself because your transmission story isn't holding water.
About the HIV - go to the top of this menu and click "TREATMENT" and read the lessons.

As for your wife, let her make up her own mind what she wants and doesn't want. Its silly for you to say that she will be better off with another person. 

WHat country are you in?   it might be important for the forum to know for a few reasons, giving you information.

First of all, if you get ANY side effects from Atripla, you can probably switch to another combo.

It's 2013.  People suffer few or no side effects these days, especially people like you, very recent infection, and very quick treatment. 

Don't believe ANY stuff you hear in your environment, or read on old websites, that tell you HAART - antiretrovirals - the "HIV meds" are poison.  Its all old history.

Also, life expectancy is pretty much normal if you keep good medical attention.

Also, maybe in another decade we are going to have even better treatments.... Who knows...

Yes, HIV+ people can have children.  HIV+ men an impregnate HIV- women.   Its technical so I wont bore you at this moment with the details,  Plus thats not my knowledge and experience.  But yeah. its totally being done these days.

I think you should change your pseudo.  Loser?  Really..... please.....

Grow up a bit...  Its normal to take a diagnosis pretty hard.  Yep, your roller coaster emotions are common enough.  Be kind to yourself.   But self pity AND any denial won't help you going forward.

Finally, this is sort of an aside, but you made such a big deal about it.
I think the way you talk about prostitutes is dismal....   That whole scenario you described is pathetic.  You were pretty ignorant to think you had to go through that entire non-penetrative, protected rubbing nonsense.  It just a shot in the dark but it seems you have a fear of women, of prostitutes, of sex....  This was all rolled into your ignorance about HIV transmission... Or your delusions about what sex you are REALLY having and what sex you are willing to say to us or your wife.... 

You could have screwed with a condom, you know.  Its called safe sex and it works.... 

Also prostitutes are SEX WORKERS and clients like you who can't deal with the technicalities have no business hiring them...   Hope you realise the prostitute wasn't the reason you got HIV.  It was whatever risky act you decided to do and can't remember.   

Also, sorry, but your description of that scene is odd combination of pornographic, juvenile, and antiseptic.   Well at least me - your attitude about sex, HIV, women, and sex workers (at least what I can guess from a few posts, and so I may be wrong, anyway) just annoyed me...

Own up to your actions man.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:20:24 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 04:13:33 am »
Thanks Mecch.
You have attempted to understand my situation. For the rest of you, I am being honest to you all. What I described is precisely what I did. Nothing more nothing less. Its Not only you but no one believes my situation which I alone know to be real. Sorry mecch if I had given a bad impression by my words about prostitutes. I seriously hate all the prostitutes in this world just because I got hiv from them from an unlikely and unbelievable scenario. I really don't have a need to lie about how I got it as I don't have my identity attached with this msg. And mecch, regarding my pseudo "Loser" that exactly describes me. I hate God for being so pathetic on me.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 04:39:11 am »
Thanks Mecch.
You have attempted to understand my situation. For the rest of you, I am being honest to you all. What I described is precisely what I did. Nothing more nothing less. Its Not only you but no one believes my situation which I alone know to be real. Sorry mecch if I had given a bad impression by my words about prostitutes. I seriously hate all the prostitutes in this world just because I got hiv from them from an unlikely and unbelievable scenario. I really don't have a need to lie about how I got it as I don't have my identity attached with this msg. And mecch, regarding my pseudo "Loser" that exactly describes me. I hate God for being so pathetic on me.

I am sorry you feel so alone. However, if you continue to place your identity here on this site upon a misrepresentation of HIV science, I honestly don't know how much help we can possibly be.

See, the mechanisms of the drugs used to treat HIV work the exact same as the mechanisms with which HIV binds, replicates, and bursts from the cells it infects. It's virtually impossible to embrace the science behind the treatment for HIV and still insist on a method of transmission that - and please listen closely -

-is not "unlikely." That would be receptive fellatio.

but it IMPOSSIBLE with the virus as we have understood it for decades. The frottage you described in your first post was the safest of sex. You cannot and DID not get HIV from the situation as you described.

We have, and I suppose we shall, give you all the time in the world to rethink your story. But as an HIV educator and moderator on these forums, I can NOT in good conscience allow you to perpetuate this myth of "immaculate infection."

Some people here think I am a real asshole for doing this. And perhaps I am. But the integrity of this site, the scientifically valid data we hang our hats on, is vastly important.

And frankly, until we understand the truth of your situation, we cannot take at face value the EXISTENCE of your situation.

The entirety of this site is searchable. From our "LESSONS" on treatment (and transmission) to the multiple and rather extensive threads on Atripla and it's challenges. No amount of information is withheld from you.

However, I cannot allow you to interact with other members of this forum on these boards because your messages, your motivations, and of course your science is completely suspect. It chills me to imagine you imparting wisdom and experience on another forum, when you seem to lack a rudimentary grasp of the science necessary to validate your own situation. I just can't let you pollute the forum more than I have.

I have petitioned to make this thread the ONLY thread you can participate in. It certainly allows you access to all the information you need, and of course you have the PM function to call me a terrible person, if you'd like.

But I firmly believe you are not being honest about

A) your risk
B) Your infection
C) both

and until that is reconciled, I think it is necessary to keep you here, in this thread.

If you are indeed HIV positive, then Atripla stands to work wonders to keep you perfectly healthy until you are in your nineties or above. And even if it does not work out, there are literally hundreds of other meds to choose from that have few lingering side effects.

I am very sorry that you feel so necessary to continue to lie to us. We are not lying to you, and never have.

*modified to add: Tracking your time spent here and your activity here has also been very illuminating.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:41:28 am by jkinatl2 »
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline mecch

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 07:12:38 am »
Loser1988 -
1) Has your wife had an HIV test recently?  Did you have unsafe sex with her after you got HIV?  She needs a test, you know.

2) Did your wife have an HIV test sometime in the past? I mean like months or years ago?
Its pretty important to know the precise answers to these questions.  Going forward.

If she never had a test in the past, how do you know where your HIV comes from?
_____

Now about the sex worker.

You hated all prostitutes BEFORE you got HIV, in my opinion, because you already identified sex workers as a diseased lot. You thought the only way you could have contact with a sex worker was hermetically sealed, and no penetration.  Also, inspecting the sex worker like an object. 

As I said in my first post, I think you need to take some deep breaths and consider something.  In my opinion, you felt extreme guilt and fear, in your own soul, and for your wife, before you paid the sex worker.  And after.  So this may be clouding your ability to own up to your real actions.  IF, that is, it is even the sex worker who is the source of your HIV infection.

If you believe in God, then your statements about God are VERY selfish and egoistic.  The way I understand it, God isn't melting out punishments to anyone in anyway....

HIV is a stupid and dangerous virus.  Fortunately, man, via science, has made it not such a big deal to live with.  Really.   Unfortunately, our CULTURES have a lot of baggage about Sexually transmitted diseases, a LOT of judgments and stupidity and fear.   That is a cultural thing.  It is not the ONLY way to see and believe.  For example, ALL the scientists working over 30 years to find ways to treat HIV, NONE of them ever said - oh, its Gods way of punishing certain people for their immoral dirty actions....  Got it?

All HIV+ people, around the world, have to overcome the stupidity in themselves and in their surrounding culture.  HIV+ have to develop a bigger wider consciousness in order to live well.   That is your job now.

You are NOT a loser, GOD has not judged you, you didn't get HIV via some "immaculate transmission" from a pool of "toxic" sex workers.  Etc etc etc.

You can get on a bus and catch the flu, you know.  Are all the people on the bus carrying the flu toxic, and is it God's judgment, and does it make someone with the flu a loser??? 

The world does not revolve around you.  God isn't thinking about you.  The sex worker did nothing wrong.  Your wife has her own integrity and can make up her mind about what is good or bad for her life going forward. 

ALL you are responsible for is the reality of YOUR truth on this earth, the actions you take, and how you are honest and respectful to others.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:22:41 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 12:35:11 pm »
Thanks Mecch.

Loser1988,

The reason nobody here believes your story on how you became poz, is because it is IMPOSSIBLE to contract HIV through frottage.  Nothing about your story rings true.  The time lines are inconsistent and almost everything you state is suspect.  I don't believe you are HIV poz either, because once you lie to us, your whole character is called into question.  You would have been better off to merely state you are unsure on how you contracted HIV, rather than claiming a vector which we all know cannot and did not happen.

If indeed you are poz, you should seek some form of therapy to understand your pathological need to lie to not only us, but your wife.  You have a lot of maturing to do.

Joe
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 12:37:14 pm by killfoile »

Offline mecch

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 01:22:09 pm »
Loser1988 -
1) Has your wife had an HIV test recently?  Did you have unsafe sex with her after you got HIV?  She needs a test, you know.

2) Did your wife have an HIV test sometime in the past? I mean like months or years ago?
Its pretty important to know the precise answers to these questions.  Going forward.

If she never had a test in the past, how do you know where your HIV comes from?
_____

Hey Loser1988, I quote myself only because I typed this response before I had my coffee.  And see that you already supplied the answers, sorry!

Anyway, I'm with the others, of course, the WAY you think you got HIV doesn't add up.   You'll have to come to terms with that.

As a note to my fellow members:

First of all, Killfoile - actually the time lines seem OK.  Or at least the one I read.  Otherwise, yeah, the SUSPECTED way of transmission is all wrong...

And to others - Im not sure we should be accusing Loser1988 of inventing the fact he is HIV+.   I mean, what would be the point of him doing so????    I think should give the benefit of the doubt to all new members.    BUT yes, I agree Loser1988 is VERY attached to an explanation about how he got HIV that does not hold water. 

Pushing him away ain't going to help cut through whatever delusion this frottage/prostitute thing is...

Also, overall, there are a very few infections that never really get explained.  HEY - Loser1988 - I DONT SAY THAT TO AGREE YOU GOT IT FROM FROTTAGE....   

Im just saying, it takes some people time to really come to the truth of the matter.   Especially if there is fear and ignorance about HIV, safersex, if there is a big delusion by a man about women and sexuality, and if there are concepts of betrayal and sin mixed into the pot.  What a mess.  Cut him some slack as a person, but yeah, not about the story... 

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 09:11:38 pm »
Guys,
        I really don't understand why you all hang on to scientific theory and completely discard my hiv acquisition route. Yesterday I went to my doctor and explained him exactly wat happened. He said it is a low risk. If you guys don't know I have given more details below,
       * I have wounds due to scratching on my scrotum along with small bumps on the surface of scrotum.
       * I have a small cut at the bottom shaft of my penis. But none of my cut or wounds is actively bleeding.
       * I have had sexual relationship with 3 girls before meeting my wife. I have never tested myself for non-hiv stds. So I may have a non-hiv std. However I have tested myself for hiv many times but recent ones are at the beginning of 2013 and again in July. Both of these tests were negative. However tested positive by early Aug.
       * In my encounter that I obviously suspect to be the reason for my hiv infection, I might have said that the prostitutes butt crack didn't have any infection but I never knew if anal fluids oozed out as I rubbed hence it came in contact with the cut at the bottom shaft of my penis and then to my scrotum. I never know if I have an std making this infection easier.
         * I am uncircumcised.
         * As the condom broke the first time, this lady walked to pick another condom so possibly her vaginal fluids could have seeped down to her butt crack.
         * I am not sure if my scrotum touched the surface of vagina and hence to the vaginal fluids.
         * I am not sure if her viral load is sky high.

I am also like one of you guys who says this to be an impossible scenario for hiv transmission and that is why I made this move. But unfortunately turned out to be a 1 in millions of unlucky guy. I have given my thought and felt like my transmission route is rarest of rare. I don't want to create a panic among people. As sex is a wonderful thing and my scenario would only preach sex with full cloths on which doesn't make any sense at all. I really don't care whether you believe me or not but what I have told and experienced is a fact that I myself have seen. I had asked my doctor for any possibilities of research on the strain of the virus I hold to understand how it infected me in this scenario. The reason being i am terrified every moment I am near my wife as even a casual contact would spread this virus to her. (As it infected me easily)
      Anyways guys,  today I feel better. Atripla is my friend now. Waiting for my cd4 and viral load numbers next week.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 09:23:17 pm »
Absolutely none of the things you mentioned are a risk for HIV . It doesn't matter if she took a crap on your dick , you would not have got HIV in that manner .

The secretions a woman makes when excited is NOT infectious for HIV and HIV doesn't crawl out of a butt crack and seek out nicks or cuts on your penis .

You just don't get it do you ? If you have HIV you got it elsewhere and not from the woman you think it is . Maybe your doctor doesn't want to get involved in your personal life so he is avoiding telling you that you were not infected by the person you claim . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 09:26:54 pm »

What was your viral load and Cd4 like when your doctor put you on Atripla?

Oh, and by the way, I want to give you a warm welcome to the forums! :)

I don't know what country you're in, do you have support groups available to you?

Offline mecch

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 09:35:30 pm »
The reason being i am terrified every moment I am near my wife as even a casual contact would spread this virus to her. (As it infected me easily)
No my friend. Please don't continue down this "rabbit hole". 
You don't have some super bizarre strain of HIV that flies through the air and infects your family, nor did it crawl from the sex worker over to you.... 
The CDC isn't going to be calling, and your doctor probably just wants you to get on with your life as an HIV+ person...
Going forward, you should go get a complete STD checkup, sure...  It will put you and your wife's mind at ease.  You'll both have to come to grips with the tedious but not complicated rules of safer sex.  Also, soon enough, you'll be undetectable and that should ease both of your minds even further....

I would suggest you put this transmission mystery in parenthesis and start dealing with more everyday crap that is now confronting you as an HIV+ person...

Not my bizniss, but if you feel like talking.... How did your wife react to you betraying her?  Just wondering.  You probably got some repair work to do there.   On TOP of having to deal with bringing HIV into your couple.  These are real things you can start working out.  Better than the Bermuda Triangle that is your infection route...

Offline Growler

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 09:54:06 pm »
  :o

Growler
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 11:49:40 pm »
I didn't notice where you are living on this big ol' globe or ours; but I did notice something of a definite problem. (well one problem out of many LOL; but let's just skip the fact that none of your scenarios are indicative of being infected with HIV. In other words, those were NO RISK situations.)

However, if somehow you have gotten infected with HIV, no doctor should have started you on any anti-HIV meds until they received lab results for viral load, cd4 count and preferably a genotype test. And if your doctor had properly waited for those results, he would have known whether it actually was time for you to start meds, he would have known what medications wouldn't work for you, AND he would not have needed to "retest" you at all with an HIV test.

If I were you and it was possible, I would definitely find another doctor more qualified in dealing with HIV. This doctor, without knowing those results, may have started you on meds years and years early and may have even prescribed a medication that won't work against the version of HIV that you were infected with. Of course, I still am not certain by the information you've given us, that you even are HIV positive; but if you are your doctor wasn't taking very good care of you by prescribing meds without those lab results :(
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline le_liseur

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 12:10:10 am »
It's been about 4 months since I had sex with my wife as she was away for work for a couple of months. She tested negative for hiv along with me and moreover I trust her. So no chance that I got it from my wife.

I'm not sure I understand; maybe it's just the verb tenses in English that I still have a hard time with, but... when you say your wife tested negative for hiv along with you, are you talking about a hiv test you both took together before the improbable scenario you mentioned in your post, or are you talking about a hiv test you both took together after the Elisa test, etc. ? Was there a reason why your wife and you would go take a common hiv test while other than simple routine check? I assume, correct me if I'm wrong, you would have unprotected sex with your wife before? And you didn't have any extraconjugal intercourse during the time she left for a few months?

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 12:56:31 am »
Le,
     I am really sick and tired of explaining my hiv acquisition route as no one in this forum seems to believe. My wife had gone to US on a work trip for 2 months and I was in Singapore. She returned by end of June. 1 week prior to her return I had this so called non risky incident. I was cool until I faced the symptoms of fever and sore throat and nothing else. Did an hiv test at 15 days after the exposure and it came back negative. Elisa and wb at 30 days came back poz.  So I asked my wife for a test and she was negative. I didn't have a sex with my wife after she returned from us.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 01:28:35 am »
Le,
     I am really sick and tired of explaining my hiv acquisition route as no one in this forum seems to believe.

A) You chose to make your impossible route of HIV acquisition your reality on this forum.

B) It is disbelieved because it is impossible.

As a safer sex educator and as a moderator on the AM I INFECTED forum and as someone who helped research and design the transmission guidelines, you can certainly understand my personal stake in the matter - as well as my belief that you will continue to make these claims to others on this forum. No matter what goes forward from here, rest assured no outlandish claims of Immaculate Infection will go unreported and unchallenged.

Part and parcel of being a member of this forum is eventually sharing our knowledge and strength and experience. It chills me to the bone to see a member attempt to unravel decades of safer sex educationa nd stigma reduction in the attempt to perpetuate a myth.

I bear you no ill will. I simply believe this is a clear-cut situation where the potential of damage to this forum's credibility exists.

You exhausted your free tenure in the AM I INFECTED forum, and now you are here.

I certainly hope that if you are indeed HIV positive, your acclimation to Atripla will go well. As to your situation with your wife, I cannot imagine how you can repair your relationship when, according to you, your HIV virus is contagious rather than infectious. If this is indeed the case, then she wold have every right to be afraid of casual intimate contact.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 01:58:30 am »
Can you answer where you live?  Can your doc and labs be trusted?  Did you see your wife's test results? 

I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're telling the truth.  While you're story is suspect, I hate calling people liars, unless I know for a fact.  Don't get me wrong, I agree that you didn't get HIV from the way you say.  Since you are adamant about how things happened, then I want to believe you.  So, I would question whether I am even really infected.  I have no idea where you live.  Some docs are unethical.  Or, they use bad labs.  This is usually more common in certain countries.  However, there was just a doc here, who was giving patients chemo, who didn't need it, and some didn't even have cancer.  He wanted the money. 

If you're totally honest, then I would want to be tested again.  If you are poz, then you have to be upfront about other sex encounters, or whether you did more with this sex worker, than you're saying.  I know you said you have tested many times, but this was the first time you cheated.  While testing in marriage is a good idea, it isn't usually the norm.  Why did you test many times, if you trusted your wife and this was the first time cheating? 

Offline le_liseur

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 02:55:57 am »
Le,
     I am really sick and tired of explaining my hiv acquisition route as no one in this forum seems to believe. My wife had gone to US on a work trip for 2 months and I was in Singapore. She returned by end of June. 1 week prior to her return I had this so called non risky incident. I was cool until I faced the symptoms of fever and sore throat and nothing else. Did an hiv test at 15 days after the exposure and it came back negative. Elisa and wb at 30 days came back poz.  So I asked my wife for a test and she was negative. I didn't have a sex with my wife after she returned from us.

Apologies again, but, just to make sure I understand what you wrote correctly :

In your original post, you say you had this event with the sex worker on June 23rd. 15 days after, July 8th then, you had a HIV test that came back negative : when did you get your results back?

30 days after your so-called exposure, you had "blood test" (not urine or anything else) for an Elisa, which brings it on July 23th. You also say you had a call from the clinic on June 30th, requesting for a meeting with you. Maybe I'm just ill-informed, but I thought it would take more than 4 open days for lab to treat blood samples and transfer the results to the clinic, and then having the clinic to prepare everything so they can give you the result; maybe I'm just wrong, but then again, when I got my own results, the clinic didn't call me to rush me for a meeting. I simply got my result a couple weeks later, for the appointment that was already scheduled for results. So the timing does sound a little funny to me.

So in less than 24h, you got a call from the clinic, went there to get your result, and then was able to rationalize this whole message and scenario on this forum? I find it interesting, simply, that someone would be able to go almost right away from receiving a diagnosis, and having an intense discussion with their wife, to then invest time and energy on this particular thread on an online forum in so short of a time. You also say that your wife went crazy the night before your original post, meaning you had your appointment the same day your clinic called you back? The clinic was able to take you in on the same day, they didn't already have appointments with other patients planned?

You also say you had results coming back from a WB test, done the same day than your Elisa test, on July 23th, which sounds weird to me, because I thought WB tests were only done as a confirmatory test after a first positive result on an Elisa test. But in your original post, you didn't mention the WB test... So, are you even sure you got results for your WB yet?

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 03:14:36 am »
Can you answer where you live?   

My wife had gone to US on a work trip for 2 months and I was in Singapore. She returned by end of June. ..... I didn't have a sex with my wife after she returned from us.

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 11:03:33 pm »
Guys,
       You could have asked me to get the hell out of this forum. I got a poz result and came here to vent out but you guys play the cop job with me treating me like a criminal. You guys have all the rights to question me but please don't question my honesty. I have no necessity to lie. I have told you what happened precisely and don't have anything to hide. Saying that i just did frottage when i actually have gone unprotected doesn't actually make look good. I mean a betrayal is a betrayal and frottage doesn't make it any better. So i really don't have to. And to Le, I gave my blood sample at around 4 week mark and got the results after about 1 week. If you feel this is not the correct time lines for the test then your question should be to my doctor. If you believe that this definitely can't get me hiv then my mind has no other options to think. My relationship with my wife is no more the same and never it will be.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 11:41:05 pm »
To be fair, the more generous of us questioned your recollection.

But here's the thing. What do we do, as moderators, when you tell other members of this forum, perhaps those in serodiscordant relationships, that you got HIV through frottage? What do we tell people on this forum who are experiencing stigma through ignorant family members and friends and even professional people who think HIV can be transmitted through casual contact?

No one has told you to get the hell out of this forum.

But I can surely state with certainty that you did not get HIV through frottage. And I will not allow you to ever, ever make that claim on this forum without challenging it.

Ignorance about HIV transmission leads to continued terrible stigma - unfounded stigma and even the criminalization of HIV positive people who do not disclose before no-risk activities like kissing - and frottage. This untruth hurts all of us. Including you, if you are indeed HIV positive.

So no, I have zero intention of letting it go. I am openly and admittefly hostile to the unfounded and ignorant claim that HIV can be transmitted through frottage. Not to you, specifically. To the claim, which flies in the face of over thirty years of science.

That you have wrapped yourself up in that ignorant and ridiculous claim is absolutely your choice.

Welcome Thread

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 02:11:04 am »
Thanks Mecch.

You may have convinced your wife.  But with the above, and along with the quick 7 week turn around between infection and making Atripla your friend, I smell a lie. 

"them"?

Only you know the motive.  You may not have an identity attached to this message, but due to the highly suspicious circumstances it makes me even wonder if you are indeed positive.  You see that's the problem, the bullshit gets in the way of what is true and what is false.

The prostitute was more than likely bored out of her mind as you rubbed your condom covered pecker over her "bubble butt".  She probably wasn't even moist to begin with, and even if she was, vaginal fluid doesn't run up hill. 

By the rare chance she was a woman who got turned on by latex rubbed on her butt cheeks and she left a pool on the bed for you to dive into with your open sores, razor bumps, rug burns, or whatever else you've managed to pick open, you still would not have been infected.

Now, if you are indeed positive and need support, we don't care how you became so.  Your story is the exception though, and jkinatl2's explanation above is the reason why.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 10:24:24 am »
I hate God for being so pathetic on me.
please don't blame god for the consequences of your own actions
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline ohwell

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 01:05:35 pm »
I don't believe in god, so you can blame your invisible friend if you want. So far we can say that your dates add up, when you got tested and when you got the results ok... but there's still one thing you haven't answered, and it's the most awkward thing in your story, how come a doctor prescribed atripla to you without knowing your CD4 and VL and your genotype.... as leatherman already mentioned.

Also, there's something fishy about your posts, sorry if you feel treated like a criminal, but you will be judged meticulously (more than what you think you have been judged here) if you present your case to the CDC. It's just seems odd that you get infected and the first thing that comes to your mind is going to the CDC to have your case documented. What do you think it's gonna happen there? After all these years we come to know how HIV is transmitted, so if you show up all of the sudden telling this story of course people will ask questions.

My partner is negative during a whole year, before i tested positive,  80% of the time we had safe sex, but there were times when we did not use protection (sometimes me being insertive sometimes receptive) so we did more than frottage, my VL was high as a kite, and still he remains negative.

So even unpretected sex with someone who is infected is no guarantee that you will get hiv... and that's why people doubt all you say, you have described a non risk situation.
they made me do it

Offline curious1here

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 03:24:46 pm »
I have been following your story and it became suspect to me, when you started describing your sexual acts as if it were an adult novel.  I have to agree with others on here, sorry.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 03:43:41 pm »
I hope the OP realizes that his well being is part of the concern here as well . Its important for his understanding of this virus to be based on fact so that he can be secure in the knowledge that he isn't going to infect loved ones from touching or hugging and protected intercourse .

He needs to know that eating and drinking poses no risk to others , he needs to understand this so he doesn't go through life feeling contagious and contaminated .

Lastly , he needs to know that we will not let myths about HIV transmission harm others that are struggling to come to terms with an HIV diagnosis .

Loser guy , this forum exist for people just like you and me , the rest of us . If you are indeed HIV positive , on day the illusions you have created concerning your HIV infection  will fall away and you will see that no one here has been cruel or unkind to you , you did it to your self .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Bowie-esq

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 04:41:24 pm »
Anal fluids...  :o
Infected: +\-01/2010

Tested positive 08/2010
28/07/11 CD4 420 9% v.l. 20500
16/10/11 CD4 320 10% v.l. 185000
10/11/11 begin Truvada/Viramune
29/12/11 CD4 410 13% v.l. 115
14/4/12 v.l. undetectable
05/7/12 CD4 520 19% v.l. UD
21/08/13 CD4 470 20% v.l. UD
19/12/13 CD4 430 23% v.l. UD
8/12/14 CD4 600 21% v.l. UD
4/2/15 CD4 600 v.l. UD. Cholesterol 6.2 ....

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 04:30:55 am »
Hi,
     I am getting rash over my fore arms and chest. Is this due to hiv or due to my Meds (Atripla)? Does this mean I don't go well with Atripla? Should I switch Meds? I see in some of the posts that a few say that I shouldn't have gone for meds before my lab results. But my doc says that it is a good idea to start the Meds as early as possible. He even said that I should stick to my Meds without fail as my strain of the virus would develop some resistance to Meds. I am confused now. Getting rash all over, not able to stop the Meds and not sure if the rash is due to meds. Help please?

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 06:53:54 am »
Hi,
     I am getting rash over my fore arms and chest. Is this due to hiv or due to my Meds (Atripla)? Does this mean I don't go well with Atripla? Should I switch Meds? I see in some of the posts that a few say that I shouldn't have gone for meds before my lab results. But my doc says that it is a good idea to start the Meds as early as possible. He even said that I should stick to my Meds without fail as my strain of the virus would develop some resistance to Meds. I am confused now. Getting rash all over, not able to stop the Meds and not sure if the rash is due to meds. Help please?

http://www.aidsmeds.com/archive/Atripla_1577.shtml

"•Rash is another common side effect of Atripla. These rashes usually go away without any change in treatment. In a small number of patients, rash may be serious. If you develop rash, call your doctor as soon as possible"

Offline mecch

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2013, 08:58:40 am »
Someone starting Atripla can get a rash.  Sorry you got one. Usually the thing to to is treat the rash and wait to see if it goes down.  Antihistamines can bring you some relief. Keep taking the HAART everyday. 

This statement really isn't clear.
But my doc says that it is a good idea to start the Meds as early as possible. He even said that I should stick to my Meds without fail as my strain of the virus would develop some resistance to Meds. I am confused now.

1)  Yeah there are plenty of doctors who do think its a good idea to start meds early. 

2) Some of us wondered why your doctor did not do resistance testing on your virus, untreated.   But, maybe he did, and you are unaware of it. Communication doesn't seem that clear between you and the doctor (and between you and us).  I believe there ARE countries where resistance testing is NOT offered however.  Maybe that is the case, where you  live.

3) You seem to think you have something special - special infection experience - special virus with unique properties.   

ALL HIV can develop resistance to HAART drugsNot just yours....   Are you misunderstanding something? 

SOME HIV is already resistant to certain drugs.   MEANING, some people cannot take certain drugs.  No doctor is going to put you on a TREATMENT that your virus is already resistant to, and then tell you, "be careful, your particular virus has a tendency to become resistant to your drugs..."  .  Unless, again, resistance testing is NOT routine where the doctor practices..... 

ALL HIV+ people on treatment have to take their pills everyday.  NOt just especially you.....  We all do this, everyday, to keep the virus level undetectable and to prevent resistance from developing...  Doesn't matter what strain we have.  Each of us has a combination that is proven effective against our strain of HIV and so we are ALL in the same boat - yes, we have to take the medicine everyday...

If you have to switch to another HAART combination, it works like this usually - one day you take the old, the next day the new.  That's it.  You won't get resistance as long as every day you have your full dose.

Doctors prefer to have a patient be undetectable before they consider switching combos....   But if there are very serious side effects right away, the doctor should guide you safely what to do.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:16:41 am by mecch »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2013, 10:34:35 am »
This statement really isn't clear.
But my doc says that it is a good idea to start the Meds as early as possible. He even said that I should stick to my Meds without fail as my strain of the virus would develop some resistance to Meds. I am confused now.
...No doctor is going to put you on a TREATMENT that your virus is already resistant to...
earlier the OP told us that while he was still re-testing to confirm the HIV diagnosis that his doctor was already starting him on Atripla - with no viral load result, no cd4 result, no genotype. It's possible then that the OP didn't need to start meds yet or might should have been prescribed something other than Atripla because of resistance issues with the HIV he was infected with.

But that's all water under the bridge now, as the OP has already started Atripla. ::)
there's nothing for the OP to do now but stay adherent to his daily Atripla dosage

Loser, you probably should do some research/education on your own about HIV and your meds. Here are two good places to start.
http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Introduction_4702.shtml
here are the LESSONS section filled with info about EVERYTHING hiv.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/list.shtml
this is a list of all HIV meds. If you click on Atripla, you'll learn all about it

two things you'll learn:
often Atripla has an initial side effect of a rash. by the way many meds produce small side effects during the first 2-4 weeks as a person's body adjusts to the lowering VL and the rising med level in their system. People vomit, have diarrhea, are nauseous, weak, sleepy, headaches, vertigo. All sorts of things happen with different meds - including NON hiv meds, so these side effects are nothing special to HIV meds. The best advice is to hang on 4-6 weeks until your body has had a chance to properly adjust. IF after that time you still have issues, then it would be a good time to consult with a doctor about doing something to counteract the side effect. And then if nothing can be done, then it might be time to look at a different regime. Of course, you're still at the very start of taking meds, you just need to keep on taking them, and dealing with the hopefully temporary side effects.

another reason some doctors don't prescribe meds immediately is so a patient has time to learn all about the side effects, things to do to deal with the effects, or how to change meds. Your doctor seems to have not only not waited for test results (so he could properly prescribe you the "right" regime) but obviously didn't educate you or give you the time to get educated at all about HIV and the meds. He clearly didn't tell you what to do if one common side effect (the rash) happened. :(

resistance is NOT a rash. Resistance is when the HIV mutates and the drugs no longer affect it. Resistance can only be determined through VL testing. Resistance to a medication will show when a person remains adherent to his meds, and yet his viral load will begin to rise and continue to rise over 3 or 4 tests. (Read those LESSONS and you'll understand it all a lot better ;) )
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 11:15:14 pm »
I have my blood sample for one more Elisa test and for my other tests for cd4 and viral load numbers by Aug 12. But the doc asks me to wait for 1 more week. Seems like he plans to give the entire result instead of one by one. Does it take this much amount of time? Actually my first Elisa+Western blot took just 1 week. Anyways the rash on my body hasn't gone away it still persists. The doc said that the rash should be the side effect of Atripla and it should vanish in a couple of weeks time. The good thing is it doesn't itch but gets me a bad look once I open my shirt.

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2013, 01:05:29 am »
Missed to thank Leatherman. Thanks buddy for your response, felt good.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 02:17:37 am »
Anyways the rash on my body hasn't gone away it still persists. The doc said that the rash should be the side effect of Atripla and it should vanish in a couple of weeks time. The good thing is it doesn't itch but gets me a bad look once I open my shirt.
hang in there, keep in touch with your doctor, and keep your chin up.
oh yeah, and keep taking the meds every day. ;)

Things will get better as time goes by. The meds and side effects will level out, your emotional turmoil will calm down and you'll see life go on. It's always rough and confusing at first - and we call all sympathize and empathize with you about these early weeks. but it will all be better in time. :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2013, 04:36:01 am »
Guys,
       I am testing negative for hiv in finger prick and oraquick tests!!!!
Not one test but 3 tests in a row!!!! Is that possible?????
       I tested poz 1 month back in Elisa+Western blot. From then on I had been extremely depressed and paranoid about my future. The worst part was the forum moderators refused believe that a frottage would have transmitted hiv to me and jk and Jeff had asked me to go for an additional test. You know these moderators had questioned the validity of Elisa+Western blot confirmation basing my exposure risk. I had given my blood sample for another round of Elisa with Western blot confirmation along with other tests for my cd4 and viral load tests in the same clinic on Aug 12. Till now I haven't gotten my results. I had started on meds (Atripla) about 20 days back. As my results haven't come back I have been increasingly anxious as I started developing rash over chest, arms and neck. There was not a night that I missed to jolt and wake up in the middle of the night. Became highly restless every moment and spent all time walking here and there. Smoked heavily out of stress. Every day I saw lot of hair being shed around my pillow due to increased hair loss. At office I found highly difficult even to smile at anyone. I had informed about my status to my wife and one of my friends. My friend Richard had been trying to take me to a different clinic for the past 1 week as I had not gotten the results of my second round of Elisa. I had refused to go to a different clinic as I didn't want another group of people in a different clinic to know my status. Yesterday Richard took me to a clinic called DSC convincing me saying that they offer anonymous hiv testing. I did a finger prick test and to my own shock I got a negative result in 10 min. I didn't believe it and I asked for one more test which as well came back negative!!!! I opted for oraquick test which as well was negative!!!! I spoke to the doc there in the post test counselling session. I explained the whole set of events and about my on going hiv medication. I was advised to immediately reach to the clinic where I got the poz result and check for reasons. I need to wait till tomorrow as that doc isn't working today.
        Even though I have gone to the moon over this. I am still doubtful that I might have got a false negative. Guys advise! I must thank the hiv guru here jk for suggesting me for an additional test. Otherwise I would run one more month of hell thinking I am poz. But what could have gone wrong in my first Elisa+Western blot test? I hope i would know it tomorrow once i visit that clinic. Can I believe I am negative now??? I extremely sorry for making a wrong claim of my hiv acquisition route. You can choose to delete my thread of you believe this would create unnecessary alarm. Regarding my Meds should I continue taking Atripla? Can this be false negative? Help me!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2013, 05:17:09 am »
Loser, you're not going to get a false negative result this late in the game, never mind three. False negatives only happen when a person tests too early in the window period.

Something obviously went wrong at the first clinic - human error being the most likely, such as a mis-labelled or mis-handled test-tube.

Why continue taking a med you don't need?

As you were repeatedly told, you weren't at risk for hiv infection over frottage.

I'm sorry the first clinic put you through all this unnecessary bother, and your experience highlights the need to make sure all the test results are in - such as viral load and resistance testing - comes back before a person is, or allows themselves to be, put on hiv meds. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:19:13 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2013, 08:24:31 am »
Hi Loser ... I am sincerely happy for you , you are HIV negative .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 12:05:18 am »
I'm glad you're neg.  This all just seems so strange.  You had a WB, which I thought was suppose to be definitive.  Your doc puts you on meds, before even knowing your CD4, viral load, or resistance.  He keeps you waiting for those.  You did more bloodwork for another WB on August 12, but still have never gotten those results? 

Unless I'm just not up on how mistakes like this could be made, I would be curious how reputable this doc is.  I'm not sure if you ever said what city/country it was located.  Based on all you said, it would make me wonder whether the doc was telling people they are poz and putting them on meds, for profit. 

Perhaps you and others can say how this is totally off base.  Because, it just seems so very suspicious, to me.  I'm not saying this has to be the only explanation.  Just makes me wonder whether it should be questioned as possible.  I mean, you can give more info on whether this is a reputable and licensed clinic, with licensed medical staff. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2013, 12:25:05 am »
I'm just glad the world now knows twerking isn't a risk for HIV .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Loser1988

• Standard
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2013, 11:51:08 pm »
Here's the update,
        I had a discussion with the doc from my clinic. He said that my results weren't suggestive of an hiv infection. They were worried about having mislabelled someone else's blood sample on me and my blood sample on that someone else. He said that my results have taken time to be delivered because the clinic has called out for a retest for the rest of those who gave blood sample on the same day as that of me. So obviously someone who is positive was informed negative and vice versa. Can this happen? I could have been informed immediately once my second test results have come by right? At least I would have reduced my stress and pressure if I had been informed a little earlier. I mean even a day earlier should also mean a lot to me. By the way my entire hospital expense including the fees for my first test also was refunded, so they are not doing this for money. Is there anyone in this forum who have had a similar experience? As far as I have known, my wife's friend was tested poz last year. She was in fact tested poz twice in different clinics and had been on trauma for over a month before she could know that she have had false positive. What the heck? Now it is me. But she got false poz in India but me in Singapore. Unlike India, Singapore's health care is most trusted and no one can do medical practice without license. Trust me the past 1 month was definitely not good in anyway.
     The clinic that gave me false poz is sim's clinic. This is a licensed clinic. As a matter of fact I would like to urge anyone who tested poz to test at least twice in different clinics to confirm. May be I am insisting too much but my experience ain't good. I would like to donate to this forum for the immense help that this forum had been to me. A big thank you to all of you and comparing me to many of you living with hiv, I feel really small. I am reading a lot about hiv and I am planning to participate in hiv awareness programs. My experience is worth a movie. Thanks once again. I wish good health physically and mentally to all of you. Long live you guys and this forum. By the way my relationship with my wife still remains damaged as I have revealed her wat happened over the past 1 month. That's a big loss to me.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.