Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Stupid question.

<< < (4/4)

buginme2:
there are software programs that lay on top of Microsoft word that will format your paper and insert your citations and work cited page for you.  I used one all through grad school.  I think I spent maybe $100 on it.  The one I had you would just select APA and it would take care of the rest.  if you needed to cite s source just select add citation, up popped a box, answer questions about the type of citation, it would insert it for you, add it to your work cited page and save it for future use.  definitely was a lot quicker.

phildinftlaudy:
Word 2010 will handle the citations - just go to "References" select APA or MLA and input information requested on the pop-up....   Still, purdue owl is good because Word isn't always correct, doesn't necessarily have the latest citation rules, and by using Owl as a reference, you actually learn how to do the citations (instead of having the software do all the work and not learning how to do them). 

After a while, most are consistent and I find myself not even having to refer to Owl or use the Word citation creator/son of citation, as I pretty much have most of the formats down. Which is pretty cool (I've always been "geeky" like that - I prefer to actually "learn" than have the answer given to me - but, that's just me).  GO PURDUE OWL!!!   ;D

Larsen:
Open Office for the win. It is free, flexible and there are more extensions than you can shake a stick at. Add the free Author Support Tool and you have everything you need to manage your bibliographic sources and reference styles  ;)

klassykitty:
IT IS DONE> YEA!!!!!
It ended up being 5 pages.  It was supposed to be turned in Wednesday but since school was cancelled of some rain we're turning them in monday.

It was done in MLA style and not allowed to use a citation cheat way.  (Although I don't know how he would know).  Since he said not use citation machine or anything like it I did it the old fashioned way.  He said next paper we can use citation machine and such.

Once it's turned in we get them back in 2 weeks then have 1 week to correct them and make them better.

Betty-- it was a compare/contrast paper (i've never done one of those).  It was ok to do but still like the research better.

Ann-Not allowed to use Wikipedia as a source, but there's all the places they have listed as sources I could use.

I am so, so, so glad this is my last English class :)
Michelle 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version